The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 1.5: Kaká - Tier 2: Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Kjær, Ibrahimovic
And Fabinho ran the show.

Listen, Brahim is great. At AM he's much better, and he makes those around him better. But if it means we cede the midfield to Inter? They'll have basically 3 midfielders to 2. It would have been unbalanced unless we can go toe to toe, but we can't because they don't have to fear our wings. With Theo i'm 100% sure Brahim would have played central and we would have done our thing. But we didn't have many threats coming in all directions, all we had was Ibra and Leao. If Brahim was in the middle they could just block off those threats knowing that we won't hurt them anywhere else, we'd be way too predictable. The decision Pioli made was that we should force them back and for Handanovic to play it long, in the hopes that they never build up and push us back where Dzeko is deadly in the box.
This is tactics explained, people.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
First Kessie from pre-lockdown to post-lockdown, then Tonali during the summer 2021.

I honestly cannot wait to see Yacine Adli under Pioli.
Can we bring back from loan Adli in january or we have to wait untill summer? I assume maldini ll be gentelmen and let him stay full season.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Can we bring back from loan Adli in january or we have to wait untill summer? I assume maldini ll be gentelmen and let him stay full season.
I think we'll respect our agreement with Bordeaux. They're in a relegation battle and he's absolutely key for them.

My hunch is that we're selling Krunic next summer for a decent fee (6-7m) and Adli will come in to effectively replace him.

Rossonero81

The Magic Eagle
Reaction score
Kessie's quality is seemingly melting like ice in the sun. Last year he was one of our best performers and now he looks like an insecure idiot. He has made himself impossible by proclaiming his love for Milan while not renewing. It's been a long time since I saw a player lose face so rapidly. If he wants to earn big money, he's not doing himself any favours. How can a man be so blind? Pioli must realise that you can't have such a player in a double pivot, a crucial role in our game plan. Play Tonali and Bennacer and let Bakayoko be the first option from the bench. I hope that Pobega develops nicely this season, because we need more loyal players that want to bleed for this beautiful club.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 1.5: Kaká - Tier 2: Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Kjær, Ibrahimovic
My hunch is that we're selling Krunic next summer for a decent fee (6-7m) and Adli will come in to effectively replace him.
Krunic will finish his career at Milan as one of the most celebrated squad players to have ever laced up boots.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
My fear of Tata is subsiding by the game.
Just like any player not playing regularly, he was rusty…growing more confident and comfortable every game.

I miss Maignan. His presence, aura, ability to play the ball…even the pictures of him standing in the middle of pitch when we’re in the opponent’s box…but Tata his standing in very well so far.

Forza Tata.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FDoJJcXXEAIb--T

Grande Curva :proud:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Krunic will finish his career at Milan as one of the most celebrated squad players to have ever laced up boots.
I don't mind him, decent player and a tactical weapon. Just not sure if the management sees him as a 'modern player' for our squad and will try to upgrade like they did with RR - Theo.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Nigel Posted this.
What is the first thing that comes to your mind? I bet we all have the same image in mind.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't mind him, decent player and a tactical weapon. Just not sure if the management sees him as a 'modern player' for our squad and will try to upgrade like they did with RR - Theo.
I think there's too much upside to keeping Krunic around - unless he actually wants to play more regularly.

He is a Maldini signing, and for low wages he is filling in when needed every season. Last season in the pivot, this season at AM. He isn't a decider of games, but he is so useful tactically.

We lack an in-form Messias, or if he isn't what I hope - we lack someone dangerous and able to pull off RW and AM. In the meantime Krunic has helped us to an insane start to the season, in a big way. Team player!

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I said from the time MM16 went down that Tata would be fine. I have complete faith in him, Kalulu and Gabbia to just come in and just get it done. After today (and for most of his appearances this season if I think about it) I have to add Krunic to that list. This crew just stay ready, come in and dow what's asked.

I still take issue though with how easy Pioli chooses to invite so much pressure on the team hoping to counter but I'll accept that more time than not we keep the ball out even when it isnt that pretty. Have no issue Krunic being there to stifle Brozovic but why didnt Pioli encourage Brahim to roam into the middle for combinations when we were in possession as Saelemaekers likes to do. Ibra dropped a few times to help offset the issue but it wasnt enough. Want to see how we progress after the break and if our bargain basement transfers have any worth or we move to properly complete the squad in January or roll the dice again and wait until next summer.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I'm normally not a fan of international breaks, but some of our players are in need of some rest.
But can they? because it's look like the list of our players that getting called up are keep growing.

The needs to going to another country, training in a new ground, adapting to new strategy, that's all alone is seem exhausting, let alone getting a rest.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
We're so used to having referees against us we even have to spend time studying how the players of the opposite teams take penalties lolzz

Jokes aside Tata is a monster. He's been great in all games hes played except for Roma last year. I dont know why I've disliked him so much
Because there's someone called M16

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

Alvarez with quattrick, but i think it's down more on the opponent quality

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Refeeres and VAR have become so messy in Italy. The balance seems lost. The refs have become too incompetent relying on VAR over the last few years, and now that their calls have more power they keep making errors. I don’t understand the “clear and obvious error for a decision to be overturned” nuance, it leaves alot of room for interpretation and wrong calls.

Both penalties today were questionable. Especially one called on Kessie.

wokegiant

Primavera
Reaction score
Inter had some shitty thing in response. The difference in class was embarassing.

View attachment 285

Whilst the game of football ended in a draw, this "game within games" was like a 10-0 demolition by Milan. Inter's scudetto tifo usually cannot be topped (unless by a CL win of course), and Milan had absolutely no rebuttal football-wise from last season. So what does Milan Curva Sud do instead? They focus on something far greater than football - and dedicate their tifo to the heroes and the victims that fought and lost their lives to covid. Not only is this a heart-felt and incredibly conscientious act of social awareness, it has so much win outside of the original intention. As explained earlier, it makes Inter's tifo stupid and unimportant, and makes Milan look like a huge winner. Of course, extraordinary marketing and branding opportunity as well.

mALDINI03

Wonderkid
Reaction score

Alvarez with quattrick, but i think it's down more on the opponent quality
No doubt about that. He has a wonderful technique in shooting and finishing. And he can shoot very well with both legs.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nigel Posted this.
What is the first thing that comes to your mind? I bet we all have the same image in mind.
I was there for his goal at the derby. Or do you mean his world cup final kung fu kick?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Still frustrated we didn't take our chances and that we isolated Ibra so much, but we also did concede a lot of dangerous chances. I would have taken a draw with both hands before the game, as we're now in a very good position. Any result in the Inter-Napoli game is good for us, but i'd honestly like a Napoli win to kill of Inter. If Inter don't win they'll have a really hard time catching up, even with AFCON. We just need to keep winning, starting with Fiorentina away.

Inter really needed to beat us and Napoli to get right back in the race. Once (if?) we get our team back rested and healthy I don't think anything can stop us.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

After so many record broken last season, it's crazy that this season too Pioli's Milan keep breaking record after record

danilo1899

Beginner
Reaction score
Me too bro, third tier, above the TV cameras... Legendary... Taraabt and "old" Kaka, Balo... They had Palacio, my God, we've all been through some tough times...

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yesterday's Match was a thriller...both teams churn out an entertaining match. Intermerda is the strongest opponent we have in serie a and even with our semi-fit team,we still gave them our side of the football story of Calcio. I was happy we didn't get a penalty in the match even as they got 2 and the reason why I'm happy is because of how their fans whine about us getting favoured by refs as regards getting penalty...on this same issue,we had 2 occasion towards the end of the match when their players handed the ball in their box but it was not called.
If Pioli continue like this for another 10seasons,he deserves the "Sir" title to his name. I don't know why some people complain about him using Diaz as a winger,he's tactics payed off if not for the unfortunate Kessie PK gift to them. Diaz as a CAM would have been disastrous as it's clear he's not even completely fit since recovering from Covid19. Krunic was not to have flashy day but to limit intermerda's creativity by shielding(Cause his bigger and fitter than Diaz)...he was the sacrificial lamb for us and he played his part well without overdoing anything but playing it simple. After his work was done, Rebic,Ibra,Samu,Bennacer(even Bakayoko could move up better) could land the hammer on them but we had Kalulu in Theo's place and those scums were lucky not to concede in that last 15mins or so.
With all that being said,Tata is a surprise shot-stopper even as his facial look speaks the opposite. Tomori is a beast(we already know that though),Tonali(Mehn! Dude is a beast),I love the confidence in Calabria (what a leader),Kjaer composure is topnotch, Kessie?He latter gets into the game but something is still wrong there. Leao is tired...hope he's not called up for international duty. Bakayoko improved.Ibra is ageless. Rebic is fire.
The highlight of the night for me was when the players went to greet the curva sud and Rebic was almost crying? You could see the disappointment in these guys...we might not have been in the best form but these guys are getting used to winning so much that drawing with intermerda is disappointing. Now,that's the spirit I'm talking about.Good morning brothers.....Forza Milan!!!

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Still frustrated we didn't take our chances and that we isolated Ibra so much, but we also did concede a lot of dangerous chances. I would have taken a draw with both hands before the game, as we're now in a very good position. Any result in the Inter-Napoli game is good for us, but i'd honestly like a Napoli win to kill of Inter. If Inter don't win they'll have a really hard time catching up, even with AFCON. We just need to keep winning, starting with Fiorentina away.

Inter really needed to beat us and Napoli to get right back in the race. Once (if?) we get our team back rested and healthy I don't think anything can stop us.
If we keep kessie untill summer and add Faivre, belloti or some1 else in january we have huge chance. Hoping maldini wont spend january on ibiza or something.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Someone just wrote it. The balance in refereeing isn't there. One books Ibra for the same gesture Shitanoglu wasn't. But grande Florenzi anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.