The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli to Sky:

On Ibrahimovic's words on your renewal: “He was the only player who sent me the message for the renewal saying ‘congratulations mister deserved but now we have to win’. It is an important season, in which we can have the satisfaction even if our opponents are strong. Tonight we had the right reaction. Ibrahimovic is very important. His arrival has improved everyone a bit but his team-mates have also been good at accepting his way of doing things. He too has to thank his team-mates because he is back as the strong player he was a few years ago. They work when everyone works together. Zlatan has given so much but he has also received so much.”

On the match itself: “If we do not have the ball we must try to recover it as soon as possible. Today we did it all together, if we don’t all run it is a problem. If you have these times of pressure, surely you have an approach to the game with more determination and concentration. Messias, Krunic and Diaz were good at not giving points of reference as well as Ibrahimovic at varying on the attack. The important thing is to have all the positions covered. We played the right game.”

On Junior Messias and the hierarchies: “The hierarchies change constantly. I am lucky to have many strong players, for me they are all starters. If we play Kessie, Tonali, Bennacer or Bakayoko it is the same for me. Messias is the player I expected, he had some problems and he is resumed and if you played like this in Crotone you can also do it in Milan. There are intelligent and unintelligent players, he is part of the first category. A strong team like Milan offers 3-4 players, we have studied them all and we thought that he could have been the right one. He can grow further and has quality. Today he scored two important and not easy goals. I’m happy for him.”

On Saturday’s game against Salernitana: “The match will not be easy, play well. Let’s enjoy the victory but it will be a difficult and angular match against a team that is very well.”

The condition of Kjaer as he was taken off on a stretcher during the first half: “We always have a sour note, I hope Kjaer has nothing serious. He had a sprained knee, he’s a leader and I hope he won’t be out long. I removed Gabbia because he was booked, we were in control and I didn’t want to risk putting the game into question. We recover Romagnoli and Kalulu can play there too – we will find the right solutions.”

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Ey6F65s.png

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Watching Napoli highlights - didn’t seem like a foul on Sass 3rd goal?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Great win for the boys, Tomori is essential for the defense. Without him both Roma and Simon looked so-so, let alone Gabbia.
Grande Messias! And good job Sass.
You didn’t mention the amazing diaz assist

E76D016B-07FD-4E69-BE41-22F7CBBE665D.jpeg

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Our myonaise is much better than the dutch one.
Dutch mayo is a weird sauce with sugar.
-
Third Fens, third Flemish, third Wallon
Now I'm, curious

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
feels so good to have a goal scoring threat on the right :)

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does Zlatan start v last place Salernitana for 45 mins or we rest him for Lpool and only have him come on if needed? 3 days between, don't think he's got 180+ mins over 9 days and we shouldn't risk him

Pellegri, Leao, Brahim false 9 or Krune

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zlatan is a God and hope he continues as long as he can and watching him play is a joy

But the day we have another 2 fast, mobile, deadlier attackers along with Leao and Diaz we can potentially be Liverpool like unstoppable with 2 great signings. We'll be a fucking train

We saw how good we were with Ante as the CF, so much faster. Messias showed us today what a RW that can contribute and score in final third can bring

Future is bright

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Zlatan is a God and hope he continues as long as he can and watching him play is a joy

But the day we have another 2 fast, mobile, deadlier attackers along with Leao and Diaz we can potentially be Liverpool like unstoppable with 2 great signings. We'll be a fucking train

We saw how good we were with Ante as the CF, so much faster. Messias showed us today what a RW that can contribute and score in final third can bring

Future is bright

I think we have the right mix of strikers.

I see a lot about Mobile strikers, Ante is that striker.

We also (always) need a big man.
Last year when Ibra got injured and Ante and Rafa were alternating at CF, it was like “damn! We play much faster” …we even scored a record goal v Sassuolo.

It was all good until we came against energy teams that pressed us effectively and we didn’t have the long ball option to a big man.

imo, I think we need that variety of strikers and I think we have it that mobile striker in Ante. Just happens that he is injured.

Ibra the Trequartista & big man to win the long balls.
Giroud is more of a link up man, which we haven’t figured how to play with effectively yet.
Pellegri I haven’t quite figured him yet.
Ante the Mobile striker.

Of course summer will come and decisions will be made on where to improve but for now I don’t think we are missing a type of striker like I often read.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I need someone to explain to me why we (and a lot of other teams) defend these balls so deep now. Read the article on the Athletic but it doesn't really go into the reasoning.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messias, Krunic and Diaz were good at not giving points of reference as well as Ibrahimovic at varying on the attack. The important thing is to have all the positions covered. We played the right game.”

Pioli preaching from the gospel of Positional Play.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
Salad hate is gratuitous. We will be thanking him when he is sold for surplus.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Ibra should rest for Salertinata and needs to start vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule