The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Fucking horrible news about Kjaer. Hopefully he can make it back for the end of season run in.
Come back stronger dude!

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I understand that the news about Kjaer is bad but I think people are lacking a bit of faith in Romagnoli. I understand that he was horrible beyond belief vs Sassuolo but his partnership with him and Tomori has been solid all season long in fairness. If he and Kjaer played together I’d be worried as hell but him and Tomori I think it’ll work fine, for now. While I certainly wouldn’t mind getting new Tomori sub in January. The priority is an AM/RW. Getting Adli back earlier or Faivre in January would nice additions.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
FFnspOrXwAsawhv
A bit of Ed Sheeran, a bit of Taron Edgerton
A typical popstar face

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I understand that the news about Kjaer is bad but I think people are lacking a bit of faith in Romagnoli. I understand that he was horrible beyond belief vs Sassuolo but his partnership with him and Tomori has been solid all season long in fairness. If he and Kjaer played together I’d be worried as hell but him and Tomori I think it’ll work fine, for now. While I certainly wouldn’t mind getting new Tomori sub in January. The priority is an AM/RW. Getting Adli back earlier or Faivre in January would nice additions.
Roma is an okay defender. Nothing wrong with him. But that’s the issue he’s just okay. Not someone you take with to the Champions League round of 16 or challenge a title with. He has too many weaknesses.

I don’t know if he was always average and looked good because we had no one better or he was better than he is now. However I do feel Tomori and Kjaer have dominated matches in ways I’ve never seen Roma do even during the banter era.

It seems Roma’s laziness has caught up to him, if Honda’s words are anything to go by.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
This guy went awol.

If i see him in the streets, I’d tell him:

“Yo, the coach is looking for you. Simon got fucked up, Alesio turned super vegan, he only eats grass now … so the coach says he needs you back asap so he can move Pierre to the middle”

Sandro Nesta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Maldini!, Inzaghi, Gattuso
He would start in any Serie A team.
He doesn't even start here, if everyone is available. Hell, Gabbia started over him just couple weeks ago.

Edit: Just for all of you to not get me wrong. I still like Romagnoli, always did. I'd love for him to flourish here, but I think we need another kind of defender

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazzetta saying we might go for Milenkovic. Has he renewed yet?

Yeah, transfermarkt says he renewed this summer and new deal ends in 2023. Find it hard for us to get him unless he has a release clause or something. I'm sure we have more reasonable names on our list.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Laudisa saying we might call Caldara back from loan or trying for Milenkovic from Viola

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milenkovic is a good option if the price is 13-15 m. Not worth more IMO.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
If our solution is recalling Caldara I will cry like a little girl.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If our solution is recalling Caldara I will cry like a little girl.
The journalists are just making stuff up. They write everything they can come up with. Won't be surprised to see rumors that we will bring back Duarte :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gazzetta saying we might go for Milenkovic. Has he renewed yet?

Yeah, transfermarkt says he renewed this summer and new deal ends in 2023. Find it hard for us to get him unless he has a release clause or something. I'm sure we have more reasonable names on our list.
Oh shit apparently he has a 15m release clause

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Hopefully, the Kjær-problem won't mean that we have fewer funds for a RW and/or CF.

I want us to be even more competitive after the January window that we currently are. If we won't reinforce ourselves, Inter will win the Scudetto yet again which would be a double loss since we lost it and Hakan 10+10 won it.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter will profit massively from Africa Cup in the triell with us and Napoli. I hope they get some crisis along the way as that could be hard for them to get out of, but otherwise they unfortunately have very good cards even if we invest a little bit.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
anyone follow napoli news??
they had osimhen and anguissa injured and how last game injures (time wise) looks like of insigne, k2 and ruiz??
pretty impressive list but maybe it will be good for them - some of good players wont go to afcon?! :)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Inter will profit massively from Africa Cup in the triell with us and Napoli. I hope they get some crisis along the way as that could be hard for them to get out of, but otherwise they unfortunately have very good cards even if we invest a little bit.
Even without Afcon coming up inter are favorites. They just feel more stable, cynical and experienced than the rest.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
man, I hope Max Verstappen wins the title this weekend

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
All the journalists who have no clue will now link us to every possible defender on this earth and in the end all of them will most likely be wrong. That's how it always is with Maldini, media usually have no clue what we are really doing behind the scenes. I'm sure the management will make the right decisions, looking at the complete picture and not doing anything short sigthed.

Meanwhile I'm hoping everything goes well today and that Simon can still play some games (at the end of) this season. He's a viking warrior, he'll be back at some point, this won't be the end of his career, he doesn't deserve a shitty ending.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
We will most likely do exactly nothing in winter, I don't think Maldini is playing any games here. We still have 3,5 CBs and frankly a low cost panic signing won't be better than Roma or even Gabbia anyway so there is really no point.
They insisted many times that they spent too much in summer, going with FFP I don’t think they will invest in January. Only loan deals are posdible.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All the journalists who have no clue will now link us to every possible defender on this earth and in the end all of them will most likely be wrong. That's how it always is with Maldini, media usually have no clue what we are really doing behind the scenes. I'm sure the management will make the right decisions, looking at the complete picture and not doing anything short sigthed.

Meanwhile I'm hoping everything goes well today and that Simon can still play some games (at the end of) this season. He's a viking warrior, he'll be back at some point, this won't be the end of his career, he doesn't deserve a shitty ending.
Resign yourself to the reality that we won't see him until next season.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Amazing to think that after what he has given this club already that his greatest gift might still yet to come. We are eternally in his debt.
Daniel Maldini will be his greatest gift. Future Ballon D'or winner

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
IIUC Gabbia may be needed for some homegrown player quota (I could be wrong)
4 Italians from Primavera: Plizzari, Gabbia, Calabria, Maldini.

We can add Colombo next year but Gabbia shouldn’t be the one to leave (Plizzari more likely).

4 players trained in italian leagues: Mirante, Romagnoli, Florenzi, Tonali, Kessie.

I’d sell Florenzi (but it will be Kessie).

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Bremer gave me Milenkovic vibe. Good at 1v1, but prone to concentration lapse. Often caught off guard and slow to react with his surrounding

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Quality post.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
You can be a milan fan and still not support white italian players.
No you can't. Why bring race into this anyway? :fp:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Milenkovic at Fiorentina = Kjaer at Palermo.

Status
Not open for further replies.