The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If ladri want Alvarez we have zero chance. They will offer more money to his club (as we will lowball them way below his RC), more money to his agent, bigger wages, etc.

I think the guy is way too hyped for us now.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"Milan cannot go against juve" - :g:

And that was in our hay day... didnt they steal Kaio from us?
Juve lost a record amount of money last year, Inter lost 273m or something and Juve lost 230m? They might lose out on top 4 revenues, too.

Alvarez has a contract that is expiring soon, he has a 25m release clause. There is no bidding war.

I also couldn't find this supposed quote of Galliani. Why would he ever talk like that about Juventus?

Here's a quote from Galliani about Juve:

"Arrogance is part of Juventus and they cannot get away from it."

He was saying that after they refused to accept video review and other technology after Juve's ghost goal incident, he was obliquely referring to their cheating further on in the quote. It was beautiful.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score

Messias back to group trainingi, still personalized training for Roma

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Juve lost a record amount of money last year, Inter lost 273m or something and Juve lost 230m? They might lose out on top 4 revenues, too.

Alvarez has a contract that is expiring soon, he has a 25m release clause. There is no bidding war.

I also couldn't find this supposed quote of Galliani. Why would he ever talk like that about Juventus?

Here's a quote from Galliani about Juve:

"Arrogance is part of Juventus and they cannot get away from it."

He was saying that after they refused to accept video review and other technology after Juve's ghost goal incident, he was obliquely referring to their cheating further on in the quote. It was beautiful.
I feel sorry for SA clubs, European clubs take the piss, they make deals with agents & other 3rd parties and try their level best at screwing the club.

juve's money struggles are book struggles only, they have money... even if they dont they will sell players like mekennie and other feck-ups.

The quote is true... Congo/ID3/CM/CanUNoTouch may remember.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I feel sorry for SA clubs, European clubs take the piss, they make deals with agents & other 3rd parties and try their level best at screwing the club.

juve's money struggles are book struggles only, they have money... even if they dont they will sell players like mekennie and other feck-ups.

The quote is true... Congo/ID3/CM/CanUNoTouch may remember.

If Juve losing more money than they ever have is just on the books, why are they still dumpster diving for Rabiot, Ramsey, etc?

They are relying on Rugani and DeS. They're in deep shit.

In Milan's greatest moments under Galliani, we were breaking world record fees, constantly. Why in the world would Galliani be scared of Juve? What revisionist history are you offering?

Milan is the most attractive destination in Italy, without compare, while it is one of the most desirable teams to play for, particularly for young players, more than most.

If we lose out on Alvarez, it's because we didn't think he was worth it. A guy at West Ham can attest to that.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
If Juve losing more money than they ever have is just on the books, why are they still dumpster diving for Rabiot, Ramsey, etc?

They are relying on Rugani and DeS. They're in deep shit.

In Milan's greatest moments under Galliani, we were breaking world record fees, constantly. Why in the world would Galliani be scared of Juve? What revisionist history are you offering?

Milan is the most attractive destination in Italy, without compare, while it is one of the most desirable teams to play for, particularly for young players, more than most.

If we lose out on Alvarez, it's because we didn't think he was worth it. A guy at West Ham can attest to that.
I see Rube making same of the same mistakes that Galliani made a decade ago, like the reliance on expensive "parametro zero" signings (Ramsey is a good example, but not the only one). As I see it, Juve is in deeper merda that people may realize. Even their fans have gotten a little less arrogant in the last few months.

Vaguely related, I am following the Elizabeth Holmes trial, and just found out that one of the big investors in Theranos was ... the Agnelli family.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
C'mon, guy... just few weeks ago:

Juventus board approves cash call of up to 400 million euros​

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
C'mon, guy... just few weeks ago:
So you're saying that it is even worse than last years losses of 210m, and the year before of 90m?

Milan cut our losses in half during that same time.

Juve lost over 130m from transfer activity. Juve, Inter, and others have had to use accounting cheating to inflate their revenues. We haven't.

Juve having to inject 400m is a bad sign.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
So you're saying that it is even worse than last years losses of 210m, and the year before of 90m?

Juve lost over 130m from transfer activity. Juve, Inter, and others have had to use accounting cheating to inflate their revenues. We haven't.

Yep, new share issue to offset the losses.

I think that the Agnelli’s agreed to maintain their 63.8% stake so they’ll be buying off 250 mil or so of that debt.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the guy is way too hyped for us now.
I think I agree. That partly makes me weary that he's another hype job. If our scouts believe in him we'll get him unless there's a big auction for his salary and sign on fee.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You realize it's not transfer budget?
'Course its not the transfer budget... but its money there for juve to use... sum1 gave it to them.

juve keeps losing money... their accounts keep getting replenished. Dont really know wots all the fuss abt.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I don’t see this Alvarez as a true top argentine prospect...not a polo player

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
'Course its not the transfer budget... but its money there for juve to use... sum1 gave it to them.

juve keeps losing money... their accounts keep getting replenished. Dont really know wots all the fuss abt.
Juve (and Inter) are literally being investigated for artificially inflating their revenues through shady transfer deals. While making massive losses.

There's a good reason for there to be fuss. Lots of fuss.

Alarm sirens are blaring for our rivals.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's not how FFP works. Otherwise every club would just 'replenish' their losses. No business owner wants to keep offsetting losses, especially ones as big as Juve's. Berlusconi gave up and sold because of this. They have a huge imbalance in their books, they need to drop their expenditures by a huge margin. They can't invest in the squad without selling a lot of players.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don’t see this Alvarez as a true top argentine prospect...not a polo player
Congo, that :g: quote, "Milan cant go against juve", you remember that, yes? Wheres it from?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That's not how FFP works. Otherwise every club would just 'replenish' their losses. No business owner wants to keep offsetting losses, especially ones as big as Juve's. Berlusconi gave up and sold because of this. They have a huge imbalance in their books, they need to drop their expenditures by a huge margin. They can't invest in the squad without selling a lot of players.
Its a big moutain of money... they can move it around for any purpose they like.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its a big moutain of money... they can move it around for any purpose they like.
Not sure I understand. What mountain? You mean Agnelli? We’ll they can buy Juve needs to follow FFP rules and also Serie A liquidity rules (which they just changed because Juve and inter were in violation of).

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Inter just won a title without paying for those players and then got to sell them and keep all recognition etc - until they are defunct I wouldn't worry about who is in the better position as it always seems Milan is the club taking hits.

At least we are top this season.... but last we were also leading

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I thought Silvio sold because of pending divorce settlement plus he wasn't in politics anymore?

Milan was never in big debt anyhow - they always sold off players and kept relatively low debt from what I remember

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They don't even actually own Chiesa, Locatelli, or Morata yet.

De Ligt is maybe their only player with any value.

They have to rebuild their team, how are they going to with this many losses?

The worst part is they actually do own their stadium. This is them at the peak of their powers.

Milan's potential is much higher than Juve, as a brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule