The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
vB9 is right. Agnelli desperately fighting for SL is a sign that they have infinite amount of money and are ready to give up their whole personal Agnelli wealth for a club that currently eats 200M+ a year with no possibilities to monetize on their most valuable players.

What's wrong with you guys?

Inter meanwhile taking new debts on high interests to pay off old debts on high interests is a sign that a sale is imminent because that's what I do when a sale is imminent: Taking new debts on high interests for fun.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Before being linked with us, Alvarez was only linked with the MLS.

I think Milan is really varying its bets on the striker position. We have a lot of different solutions: we have Colombo, we are seeing about Pellegri, we have Giroud, Ibra for another year maybe? Rebic shouldn't be excluded as a viable option honestly, especially when you can potentially get Boga for free in the summer, backup Leao. There are also these links with some random kid in Germany.

We spent 28m on Leao, not sure why Alvarez is suddenly not a possibility in people's minds, when his release clause is 25m, and his contract ends December of '22.

I could see Milan buying Alvarez for this winter, then loaning him to River for another period. This is the sort of lazy insight that some sports media uses when reporting transfers, because we did it with Adli, so why not with Alvarez?
Your example seems plausible if they weren't other suitors. I could see us interested and trying to take him for 10-15 but now other clubs enter they have a legitimate chance to get the release clause amount.
Whether Milan is still interested at 25 and how the player feels about us vs another team will come in to play....

Or we have already moved to another target.
If there wasn't an AFCON, Kessie could be sold. But I think him leaving will hurt even his January transfer value.

I think we lose him in the summer for free and replace him with Pobega or Kamara.

Kessie at his best can be an incredible player. But his energy and physicality can be replaced, an in-form Bakayoko is the better player.

The problem is that both of them have been spotty. I think Bakayoko is the true replacement for Kessie, as long as he shows he can play to his potential, Pobega is the other option.
Where has that been proven. We saw the best of both players and it wasnt close.
Bakayoko is a two year rental who is still yet to show he is that worthy insurance. It looks almost certain now Kessie will leave but it also looks more plausible that the duo in midifield wont feature Bakayoko primarily.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
If there wasn't an AFCON, Kessie could be sold. But I think him leaving will hurt even his January transfer value.

I think we lose him in the summer for free and replace him with Pobega or Kamara.

Kessie at his best can be an incredible player. But his energy and physicality can be replaced, an in-form Bakayoko is the better player.

The problem is that both of them have been spotty. I think Bakayoko is the true replacement for Kessie, as long as he shows he can play to his potential, Pobega is the other option.
disagree entirely

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yarmolenko created more chances today than Alexis created since coming to Milan

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Juventus would make a capital gain on Dejan Kulusevski if Arsenal were to offer at least €25m for the Sweden international in January.
Sky Sport Italia transfer pundit Gianluca Di Marzio reported this evening that Arsenal had contacted Juve for Kulusevski after discovering Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic’s agents won’t even take their calls.
:lol::lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We tried, it’s a long road. hopefully we start capitalizing on performances like this. we are really punching way above our weight line. they did to us what man utd did to Bayern in 99.
As things looked in the end, I wanted Lebanon to win it. Would have been awesome to go through together.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I think Bakayoko is the true replacement for Kessie
this. it's clear that was the plan ... secure him in case Kessie talk weren't going right. As Maldic said, he's been talking with his agent for over a year so there is a clear indication of whats the likely outcome.
bringing in Baka just for depth for this season did not make sense to me. that's why i really thought it wouldn't happen...its clear it's more of an anticipation move

sure they won't pass up a chance to sign Kamara if it's possible, especially for his versatility (i think CB kamara>DM Kamara), but before we get to that point, he had to secure someone. and Baka does fills the important characteristics Kessie bring to this side (physicality, volume) even though they're quite different players.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
As Maldic said, he's been talking with his agent for over a year so there is a clear indication of whats the likely outcome.

If only Maldini had that bellicose alter ego to deal with Atangana's demands.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Leao coming on against us.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I was very happy when Hakan went to Inter, but I won't like Kessie going there. He's playing like he's menstruating right now, but I don't want to see him get back to his former self in the black and blue. It would also look terrible to lose two players on a free to them.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
What will happen to the rest of Serie A when Leao will find more consistency and maturity? They will piss their panties. One of the biggest pleasures to see him toy with defenders.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Carlo #Pellegatti on MilanPosts Twitch: "#Faivre and #Adli? Right now the club tells me they won't do anything in January. We will talk to them from May onwards. Then something happens."

"It would be negative if Milan did the January market, it would mean that they have to fill some gaps. I hope that they don't make a market because it means that the squad is complete and everyone is doing well."

If Messias delivers we're fine as we are without major injuries.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
The Messiah is back.

Attachments

• F6379FF1-8730-4AF8-B4D7-5879E4BBAE42.jpeg
    F6379FF1-8730-4AF8-B4D7-5879E4BBAE42.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 24

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was very happy when Hakan went to Inter, but I won't like Kessie going there. He's playing like he's menstruating right now, but I don't want to see him get back to his former self in the black and blue. It would also look terrible to lose two players on a free to them.
If Kessie can't handle being given shit for his contract situation, how is he going to react to the stress of being a villain? I also don't think he'd even fit what they do. If he replaces Broz, I mean, yes, they're both "DMs" but they do it such a vastly different way, he's not the CDM that Broz is, and he plays on the side that Barella is at. I don't think he's a fit there, so I really don't worry about him leaving for Inter, and if he does, then he's going to be a square peg in a round hole. If he goes to Juve, he'll have to play in Allegri's 442 system thing, which he doesn't fit.

Rabiot's contract expires in 2023, Bentancur in '24, and McKennie in '25. Plus Arthur. And Ramsey. Lol, oh Juve. Plus, they have other areas of concern. Another CM is not at the height of their priorities. That being said, I don't think PSG need him either. They have Wijnaldum, Gueye, Verratti, Ebimbe (new young kid), Danilo Pereira, Rafinha, and Paredes.

If I was Kessie, and I was determined to get more money--the place he should go is either to Spurs if Conte really wants him, but there you have the question of whether you survive the two year Conte stay, when the new guy comes in? The other place Kessie should go is Man Utd. They could actually use him there. They play the 4231, and he's much better than both McTom and Fred, and since they're probably going to lose Pogba for free, he'd be the sort of player that they could use. It would also be the smart thing, which Man Utd doesn't do, so I look forward to seeing them overpay for a CM that they'll misuse, like van de Beek.

Inter are on a downward trend. I'm not worried about them. But I totally get what you're saying, but with the way we've maneuvered after losing (redacted) and Donna? To me, it just excites me to see who Maldini brings in for a bag of peanuts that will out-perform him.
...aaaand he's subbed
Wait, did Leao get subbed because he was bad? Or because he got hurt?!

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
If Kessie can't handle being given shit for his contract situation, how is he going to react to the stress of being a villain? I also don't think he'd even fit what they do. If he replaces Broz, I mean, yes, they're both "DMs" but they do it such a vastly different way, he's not the CDM that Broz is, and he plays on the side that Barella is at. I don't think he's a fit there, so I really don't worry about him leaving for Inter, and if he does, then he's going to be a square peg in a round hole. If he goes to Juve, he'll have to play in Allegri's 442 system thing, which he doesn't fit.

Rabiot's contract expires in 2023, Bentancur in '24, and McKennie in '25. Plus Arthur. And Ramsey. Lol, oh Juve. Plus, they have other areas of concern. Another CM is not at the height of their priorities. That being said, I don't think PSG need him either. They have Wijnaldum, Gueye, Verratti, Ebimbe (new young kid), Danilo Pereira, Rafinha, and Paredes.

If I was Kessie, and I was determined to get more money--the place he should go is either to Spurs if Conte really wants him, but there you have the question of whether you survive the two year Conte stay, when the new guy comes in? The other place Kessie should go is Man Utd. They could actually use him there. They play the 4231, and he's much better than both McTom and Fred, and since they're probably going to lose Pogba for free, he'd be the sort of player that they could use. It would also be the smart thing, which Man Utd doesn't do, so I look forward to seeing them overpay for a CM that they'll misuse, like van de Beek.

Inter are on a downward trend. I'm not worried about them. But I totally get what you're saying, but with the way we've maneuvered after losing (redacted) and Donna? To me, it just excites me to see who Maldini brings in for a bag of peanuts that will out-perform him.

Thanks for the extensive reply. I don't worry about Juve at all. Their team is weakly constructed and they'll have issues for years to come. They have problems in every department from the defence to the attack. The only player that I like is Chiesa, the rest is either over the hill or overrated. Dybala was good for a year or two, but never lived up to expectations. I can't say if Kessie would suit them or not, but he's better than all their midfielders. I doubt they even have the money to pay for his salary if they don't make CL.

Inter has so many financial troubles that it's hard to see them competitive in the next couple of years. They will have to restructure like we did and that will take a lot of years and good management. As for Kessie fitting in or not. I agree that he wouldn't be a great successor to Brozovic, but Inzaghi has basically just begun there. I don't know what his plans for the future are and if he'll keep on playing this formation.

I agree that Kessie has showed his true colours this season. His mentality and maturity are lacking, which affects him on the pitch. He's still miles ahead of Hakan when it comes to quality and I would prefer him to leave us for England.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
as far as im concerned, Tomori scored the equalizing goal in the derby.
for that celebration alone , i give him that credit.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It was a pretty typical Leao performance.
Great dribbling, half-assed defensive work, low durability.
He looked exhausted after 15 mins.

Pepe got sent off. It was him or Cristiano.
The coach picked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule