The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Uli Hoeness taking it to PSG 😀
Is Nasser Al Khelaïfi the new Uli Hoeness? A question that provoked a rather annoyed response from the former Bayern president, star of a podcast about his life: "No, I don't think so. I don't even know if he likes football. The difference between me and him? worked hard, he got the money as a gift. So far he hasn't won anything, like Manchester City. Only national titles. In Europe they have failed and they will lose again against us. Not always, but from time to time. And this must be our goal. Whenever we win against them, I will be happy. This is what motivates me: to prove that their shitty money is not enough. PSG plans for a year, it is not my universe. I see things from an economic point of view: I do not invest all my share right away, to receive compliments in immediate and then leave problems. When making decisions, we need to make sure we have room in three or four years, that it doesn't collapse all of a sudden. To achieve this, I am also willing to lose some trophies. When you've won 60 titles like me, it's not important to always win. Franz Beckenbauer, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and I are so covered with titles that we can afford to put the club's future ahead of business when we make a decision. "

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Gattuso called him an old man because how his body treated him.
It's really a shame because he has broken in, become captain and should become a fixture there as well with a long run of matches.

Can only hope it improves and he can resolve any issues in prep, diet etc to allow him more availability.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean it discourages other Serie A clubs from going after them, which is the same thing. It just puts them at a disadvantage over players outside Serie A.
Yeah, Conti would've been sold by now to Genoa/Samp if they had a way to pay less in wages. It really sucks that Parma got relegated. Imagine getting 8 m for such a terrible player. Would've been a masterclass...

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Abramovich doesn't get lumped in with City and PSG. The Glazers catch more shit than he does, but that's probably just the by-product of winning.

I also find it funny to hear Mr. Uli talking about ethics and shitty methods of handling money when he went to jail for over 28m in tax evasion.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Good deal imo. Guy improved over course of his season with us and was able to play multiple positions. Though idk how he's doing this season
Few time i watched him for ManU i was glad Paolo decided to go in another direction

Definitely not worth the 16 m

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I find it interesting that Abramovich doesn't get lumped in with City and PSG. The Glazers catch more shit than he does, but that's probably just the by-product of winning.

I also find it funny to hear Mr. Uli talking about ethics and shitty methods of handling money when he went to jail for over 28m in tax evasion.
Abramovich very much in the same group IMO though he has become more responsible of late (they have been selling well). He more or less kick started the unlimited money wave.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Calabria played just 10 minutes....
Praying the rest of our internationals (all 12 of them), don't get in the same situation.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We have 2 good young rb's and when Kalulu matures a bit they can play 50-50 and conserve energy. Its a great, great thing! Kalulu's potential is huge. You will see. Guy has everything.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
you can wipe those tears with 500€ bills :lol:

FD_i4eiXMAASHic

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
So this also discourages players from wanting to move to other Italian teams if they're in Italy and taking advantage of the tax break.
Clubs take care of taxes, offers to players are net. It should discover Italian clubs from wanting players from other Italian clubs.

Last edited:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Personally I can't stand my nation's team (Dutch team). Bunch of wannabees. I'll be happy when I can watch Milan next week.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Theo assist, Mbappe gol~

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Yeah, Conti would've been sold by now to Genoa/Samp if they had a way to pay less in wages. It really sucks that Parma got relegated. Imagine getting 8 m for such a terrible player. Would've been a masterclass...
It's a bit of a strange rule as well if it applies in the same way to the targets, well educated Italians they want to come back and highly skilled foreign workers. You benefit when you come back, but you're stuck to that same employer otherwise your tax goes back up?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a bit of a strange rule as well if it applies in the same way to the targets, well educated Italians they want to come back and highly skilled foreign workers. You benefit when you come back, but you're stuck to that same employer otherwise your tax goes back up?
Not to the employer, but to staying in Italy.

You only get the tax benefit if you stay in Italy for two years. If you stay for one year, you don't get it.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Renew Theo , like tonight,
Flight the fucking plane & do it Maldini.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Theo with another assist. This time to Benzema.
France's strikers must love him now.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
How big is the chance of Italy doesn't qualify to WC?
If Switzerland finish first, what will happen to Italy?

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How big is the chance of Italy doesn't qualify to WC?
If Switzerland finish first, what will happen to Italy?
I think they will qualify. They should win in N Ireland and I dont think Switzerland is able to score too many goals vs Bulgaria

But if that happens they will play 2 round of playoff

maybe against Sweden again :lol:

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Looking at Italy results, they have been fairly mediocre since euros. Drew against Bulgaria and twice vs Swiss. Lost to Spain as well.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Maldini has potential to become the next Uli (minus the tax evasion, hopefully). I could see him staying for a long time even with change in ownership. Bayern is a machine end-to-end (titles, revenue, no debt etc) and I hope we can replicate that in Italy.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Kalulu is not better than Calabria. Calabria is really important for us and does more than just run up and down. For example, Calabria is much better at helping the buidup, and he's extremely intelligent with his movements when we push up, making decoy runs and sometimes cutting inside and taking up positions in midfield. Kalulu is good, has potential to be very good, but don't compare him with Calabria who is almost a crucial element to our team.
Physically broo. For now, I still feel safer with Cala on the field rather than Kalu, but you can't argue than at least Kalu is taller than Cala 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.