The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
conte-antonio-conte.gif

European flop on all levels :lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Everyone and anyone who reaches top flight football is a hard worker

At the very minimum
I'd argue that... also, there are different degrees. Is everyone as hard worker as CR7? Would he have reached the same level with the crazy amount he puts in and his attitude (another important aspect)?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
It is so annoying how gracious Liverpool fans are being to us. I hate Liverpool. I will never forgive them for that final, that we should have won.

But they gas us up. Jamie Carragher is rooting for us openly. Their fans are so nice to us, they talk about how important we are, so kind to us, and it's amazing how winning changes the entire narrative around us--it even seems like Liverpool did us a favor by playing strong players against Porto.
Its really weird to hate a team because they beat us.
I blamed Carlo much more than Liver.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
people who get their thrill from "winning the mercato" need to prepare for disappointment.
reality is, we don't need much.

our progress will be through the growth of seeds that are already planted.

in addition to the Adli deal, we'll probably redeem 1 or 2 of the 1 year Loan players ... hopefully Faivre Train is still on track + a Tomori type CB (Adli/Faivre status/price level).

The CF situation, when you look at it calmly, there is no urgency at all.
No urgency but I would sign Belotti for low fee in winter. Giroud and Ibra are simply - old. Belotti is not a superstar but a very usefull and good cf. At worst case for free in the summer. Giroud will stay, Ibra will most likely stay. But we cant depend on them.

Of course theres Alvarez possibility but Im talking about almost free player, Belotti.

Milan really doesnt need much to make ANOTHER step up. Thats vice Theo (not Ballo), RW player and one good CF to have. Also Id take Kamara and loan Gabbia. Bih shame Kessie us leaving.

All in all thus team is now very, very close to being a top team. It will happen soon. Prepare yourself. 😎

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
We definitely needed the summer mercato to fix the bench. Our 11 was mostly done, maybe an upgrade at RW, and we weren't really sure how good Brahim would do at AM, but besides those two everything else was set. Our problem was with the rest of the squad. We had no LB backup, no vice-Ibra, and we were very thin in a lot of positions. We had to deal with Hakan and Donnarumma leaving. It wasn't an easy summer, we took a lot of risks and the squad is looking like it's been very well built. They weren't flashy signings but so far they're all playing their roles. It's probably time for Pellegri now to show his worth, he has a big opportunity with both Rebic and Giroud out. Other than that I think almost everyone else that was brought in has done well and is getting better. Bakayoko for example is improving and I have a feeling we're going to see the old monstrous Milan version pretty soon.

Edit: Just realized you meant next mercato. I disagree I think we do have a problem at CF. What this season has taught us is that we play much better with a mobile pressing forward. Ibra is unique, but we play really well with someone that can move like Rebic. He's not that good at most of the stuff you want your forward to do, but we just looked so fucking scary in transition. I can imagine us playing much better with a more well rounded attacker that can still do the frightening things Rebic does, that Ibra can't and Giroud definitely can't.

As for the rest of the squad we need to deal with Kessie of course, and a CB that can allow us to keep playing high without Tomori and of course Belotti.

I'm liking the experiment of playing Saelaemaekers at LW. I was worried we didn't have a third option there and will have to continue playing Krunic, but with Messias being available at RW we can afford to push Saelemaekers to the left in an emergency. If we get Faivre in the winter window (I doubt it) then we'll have even more options to rotate those wing positions and won't have to suffer through forcing Leao to play all the time.

We play a lot and we play intensely. We need to start getting in the habit of constant squad rotation. Our injuries are forcing too many players to play beyond their limits. The next window should address this problem.
ok

we agree on a Tomori like CB. could be a Kamara (or Kamara-like) who can be 3rd CB and 4th DM ... therefore no sweating over Kessie's exit. + i believe Baka is here to replace Kessie.
being a useful back up for now and taking the spot when he leaves.
so, imo, perfect signing filling for 2 spots.

on CF, we differ...Getting a free Belotti is great...would be cool if it happens. but i don't think there is any great need or deficiencies.
we've got 3-4 types of CFs. Playmaker (ibra), Link up (Giroud) Mobile (Rebic) and Pellegri (probably an Hybrid of those mentioned) ... i think that's the goal to have that diversity, as we do in all position that allow.
it's looking more and more that Ibra will probably stay. Giroud will stay for at least his 2 years. Pellegri we don't know yet, then there is Colombo.
we're 1st in the table, second highest scoring team...there is no "fixing" needed there. of course given the age of the 2 main, we could plan ahead, but again there is Pellegri (still a ?) and Colombo who is growing and with another season will be even better.

it seems that here, there is a conflation between wanting & needing.
remember there were games last season where we were dreading the lack of big man upfront when Ibra was missing . ironically, those moment came right after we praised having a mobile CF in Leao and Rebic who had a few great games (during that period we scored that record gaol Sassuolo) then came a few games where we dearly missed a big man because we didn't have the long ball option when being effectively pressed ... so the goal is to have that Variety and we have it in Rebic or even Leao when needed.

of course, everything is possible. Jumping on an opportunity like Belotti or even making a conscious decision to go for that type of Forward... but our results, and goals scored show we do not have a problem there.

all in all, we agree that not much is needed.....i sometimes say that Maldini's Signing for the season, is often a player that was probably an underwhelming signing the previous season. and after an initial season of Adaptation now explodes. Diaz, Tonali ... So Messias, Baka, Adli or Pellegri could be guys that add a new dimension to the team next season. then the unknown/disapointing signings we make next summer, will shine really bright in the following season.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Yes. Me. I’m doubting Messias.
The lord will appear to you and thou shall become a believer once you witness him converting chances to goals

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Its really weird to hate a team because they beat us.
I blamed Carlo much more than Liver.
Exactly. I dont hate Liverpool for winning in 05. If anything it was our own doing

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
No urgency but I would sign Belotti for low fee in winter. Giroud and Ibra are simply - old. Belotti is not a superstar but a very usefull and good cf. At worst case for free in the summer. Giroud will stay, Ibra will most likely stay. But we cant depend on them.

Of course theres Alvarez possibility but Im talking about almost free player, Belotti.

Milan really doesnt need much to make ANOTHER step up. Thats vice Theo (not Ballo), RW player and one good CF to have. Also Id take Kamara and loan Gabbia. Bih shame Kessie us leaving.

All in all thus team is now very, very close to being a top team. It will happen soon. Prepare yourself. 😎
Belotti, is an opportunity, that can't be missed if it presents itself.

Judge Ballo Toure at the end of the season.
just go to the mirror and say "this guy played a few games, he made a mistake...so i bury him" very unreasonable.
he is not a top player, duh, but he can play a role as a back up, which he already did when Theo was out ealier + even managing Theo by resting him... he did a pretty decent/good job.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Hope to fuckin god that we don't do one of these dumbass Amazon documentaries for money.
Man City aside, every single team that has done one has gone on to achieve fuck all in the season that they filmed it.

Heck, if they wanted to do an All or Nothing, they should've taken footage of our team last season.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
No way Messias can play CF. He can play off a striker, or on the wings, or even in a deeper AM role if we're looking to just run and counter, but he's not a CF. The only non-Ibra option we have now is Pellegri.
Maybe Pellegri surprises us.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
“He who cannot hate the devil cannot love God”

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Lol, I wish I didn't know this.
Well we've already collected ~45mil looking at those figures.. R16 brings us 10mil and obviously we have to win vs Lpool which gives us another 2 mil or so

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Well we've already collected ~45mil looking at those figures.. R16 brings us 10mil and obviously we have to win vs Lpool which gives us another 2 mil or so
Oh makes sense. I thought wed bag 56 m just for qualifying for the knockout stages

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Belotti, is an opportunity, that can't be missed if it presents itself.

Judge Ballo Toure at the end of the season.
just go to the mirror and say "this guy played a few games, he made a mistake...so i bury him" very unreasonable.
he is not a top player, duh, but he can play a role as a back up, which he already did when Theo was out ealier + even managing Theo by resting him... he did a pretty decent/good job.
I just disagree. He didnt do a decent job. He did a pretty inadequate job. IMO. But ok lets wait untill the end of the season.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think win brings u 3M. And we ll get from tickets 4M against Pool. Patetico win and draw with porto s 4M and tickets from patetico and porto re around 4 to 6M. Not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule