The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Old legends are nothing compared to ibras haalands and messis

Pele was playing vs real farmers..0 tactics...0 stamina...just go watch old games ..its embarassing compared to an average PL match in terms of intensity, tactics and individual skilllevel
Also the amount of people playing football has increased exponentially wich increases the skilllevel obviously...and i wont start on technology and science

Van dijk would eat pele brah
Take a break bro. The only thing van dijk would eat is Pele’s dick.

Just because you are born in 2000s does not make you an expert.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One year extension, so they basically practiced their one year option. I feel he needs to confirmed with more years because this extension tells us nothing.
I think they’re paying him at least 1m more, no?

Gulagprisoner

yungfredduccini
Reaction score
If romagnoli was born in that era he would be considered a legend
They would worship him and name stadiums after him

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It does not matter, confirming a coach isn’t just adding one year on his contract. No?
He’ll be here for another year and a half at least. Maldini and Elliot are very risk averse. If Pioli had a better offer I’m sure they’d commit more resources. 3m is still low compared to other top coaches. Once Pioli wins a title or gets us far in the CL I’m sure there will be more lucrative renewals (as he’ll suddenly have much more demand from elsewhere).

We don’t need to tie down a coach for 3 years just to make a point. There’s a lot of continuity already happening, things are stable, and there’s a lot of trust.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
He’ll be here for another year and a half at least. Maldini and Elliot are very risk averse. If Pioli had a better offer I’m sure they’d commit more resources. 3m is still low compared to other top coaches. Once Pioli wins a title or gets us far in the CL I’m sure there will be more lucrative renewals (as he’ll suddenly have much more demand from elsewhere).

We don’t need to tie down a coach for 3 years just to make a point. There’s a lot of continuity already happening, things are stable, and there’s a lot of trust.
Its actually extension to 2023 + option for another year that we can exercise at any time iirc..so he's here for 2.5 years if we want so.
Im just glad we're continuing with Padre :star:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Its actually extension to 2023 + option for another year that we can exercise at any time iirc..so he's here for 2.5 years if we want so.
Im just glad we're continuing with Padre :star:
Yeah I know but for Pioli he’s only confirmed for a year and a half. He has to earn that extension. So legally he’s only tied down to 2023 so there’s pressure to perform.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Didn't RnB citizen already said that Pioli is just transitional coach before we got Pep/Klopp?

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only “negative” from Wednesday was that Kessie turned to the bench to celebrate. Leaving Messias to celebrate with Florenzi and Ibra and later Romagnoli… it was supposed to be a proper pile up!
Very common in football to have split groups in celebration. On stadium you can always see it.

fuck thomas lemar

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Taarabt really let himself go ...
192251b960733dd684fe9eccc91745a4.jpg

fuck thomas lemar

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Didn't RnB citizen already said that Pioli is just transitional coach before we got Pep/Klopp?
I wouldn't even want pep. Imagine the money he would demand us to spend...we probably wouldn't even be able to spend the amount he wants for the bench

Between the two, Klopp would definitely be my choice.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rangnick to Man Utd by the looks of it? Interested to see how he does. I'm still a bit concerned about these contracts for the big hitters, hearing alot of talk and no action which might be a bad thing. Are Elliot going to extend these guys if they aren't here for the long term? I mean seems to make sense to me but maybe not to them. I'm worrying we haven't tied down the spine of a team yet. The only ones we seem to renew are the low cost guys. We need Benna, Theo, Leao etc on new deals urgently

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Pep is a fraud, there is a recent interview that came online a week ago with kevin de bruyne who literally said pep often sends them on the pitch without any gameplan whatsoever, just trusting the talent that is in the squad. De Bruyne or anyone else of the squad sometimes don't have the slightest clue what the 'strategy' is against certain teams, he literally said there are many games where they just run around a bit not really knowing what to do, they just 'play' and see where it goes... in other words: at the start of the season pep needs tons of money to buy a good squad and then lets them do whatever they want because they are 'good enough' to figure it out themselves. That explains a lot. Even Pipo Inzaghi as a coach would have won the CL with that Barcelona squad that made Pep a legend

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
10:45 CET today! live on the app and on youtube

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
I don’t think Rangnick will have that much clout. Media will be all over him. I also don’t know what results he will get with Liverpool, man city and Chelsea significantly better teams ahead of him.

he maybe changed football in germany years ago but attacking football with a lot of running and pressing - is not something unique in epl.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
They purposely led with a misleading title for clicks. That number is the total we would get from our entire CL run. By beating Liverpool we’d ad around 10m to the 48m we already collected. Not bad, but the game isn’t worth 58m like the article is implying.

Whilst that is a title for clicks, it also doesn't take into account what we would get if we made it past the first knockout stages (or managed wins/draws in those matches).
Currently 48M is almost assured regardless, but if we progress further...

Champion League Prize Money Final stage​

Here is the prize money Champions League final stage from prior years:

Stage (million)2020/212019/202018/192017/182016/172015/16
Round of 16, 16 teams€9.5€9.5€9.5€6.00€6.00€5.50
Quarter Finals, 8 teams€10.5€10.5€10.5€6.50€ 6.50€6.00
Semifinals, 4 teams€12.0€12.0€12.0€7.50€ 7.50€7.00
Final, 2 teams, Runner Ups€15.0€15.0€15.0€11.0€ 11.0€10.0
Champions League winner€19.0€19.0€19.0€15.5€15.5€15.0

The Champions League winner gets 19.5M euro Runners Up 11M euro.

I imagine 21/22 should be similar to last year (does not include gate receipts either)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pep is a fraud, there is a recent interview that came online a week ago with kevin de bruyne who literally said pep often sends them on the pitch without any gameplan whatsoever, just trusting the talent that is in the squad. De Bruyne or anyone else of the squad sometimes don't have the slightest clue what the 'strategy' is against certain teams, he literally said there are many games where they just run around a bit not really knowing what to do, they just 'play' and see where it goes... in other words: at the start of the season pep needs tons of money to buy a good squad and then lets them do whatever they want because they are 'good enough' to figure it out themselves. That explains a lot. Even Pipo Inzaghi as a coach would have won the CL with that Barcelona squad that made Pep a legend
Link the KDB interview please I’m curious.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

Link? Or you're lacking the context of KDB comments regarding Citehs preparation for the Manchester derby.

The Belgian playmaker told The MidMid Podcast that City's manager called a halt to their final training session just hours before the match because he did not know what to prepare for.

"The day before a game we usually train tactically, based on how the opponent play," said De Bruyne.

Before United, Pep said: 'We don't know how they are going to play. We shall see'. And we stopped training after 10 minutes or so.

"Often Pep knows how the opponent is going to play. This time he didn't know, so he didn't know what to do.

"We have done what we always do, but he didn't know beforehand if they would play with five at the back, with four, a diamond in the middle [or] with three upfront."

That is nothing like what you were implying.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Link? Or you're lacking the context of KDB comments regarding Citehs preparation for the Manchester derby.

That is nothing like what you were implying.
Yeah it seemed like a ridiculous assertion, wanted to see what he was talking about. If that’s the quote he’s talking about then the dude is an idiot for thinking that Pep is clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule