The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
you watched a long ass video in italian without understanding anything? slow day?
No, I watched 2 seconds before saying "fuck this".

If there's anything new it would fit in a tweet.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Just a long ass video of him looking into the camera and speaking in italian.

I doubt there was anything major 😆
🤣 While he probably added a few dozen new followers.
I “almost” hate those guys, all of em.
95% speculation and it so obvious…but people give them “weight” because they break news 1 day before it’s official and one of their 100s of speculations come true.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I hope we can put the horror show that was the match against Sassuolo behind us and kick the hell out of Genoa. We need to get back to winning ways! Forza Milan

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pep had this to say about KDB and Covid:

"Kevin is back but he needs time to be fit," he said. "All the people who had Covid explain that they are drained and tired and need time and Kevin is a player who needs to be fit otherwise he cannot show his top quality."

City obviously have the sort of squad where they can afford to just let KDB build himself up, but we don't. Few squads have City level depth, in fact, no one does. It seems clear that ideally we would have given time to Theo and Brahim, but it can't be coincidence that our players who got Covid tended to suffer after for a while.

I hope Toure can be used, his physicality can be important, both as a LB and a LW, because Leao needs to rest, he's being run into the ground. Alexis has, too. Samu not being able to put in minutes hurts, and hopefully he can be replaced with another player who can add to our squad. Messias being back has been a help, but I wish we had someone with just pure pace to stretch defenses.

Gulagprisoner

yungfredduccini
Reaction score
So were not after j alvarez river plate star but fodder alvarez from fodderclub?

Unfortunate

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Again this bullshit with leaving Faivre on loan. 🙄

If they're really interested in him, just add more money and get him now ffs, we need extra body in attack.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Imagine walking into a store, seeing the PSG shirt and thinking hey imma buy this.

Since you don't buy it just to put it in the closet, or burn it, you walk around with it.

someone says nice shirt i'm also a PSG fan...

I'm not a PSG fan

why are you wearing a PSG shirt then?

...well, I don't know how to continue this since i don't know how one would answer that question after walking around with a PSG shirt.
So if you saw wesley and his venezia shirt you would think he is a Venezia fan? lmaooo
You can wear other clubs shirts as long as its not a rival teams. Thats MY opinion

Instead of obsessing over my Milanista dna, i think u should worry about why maldnini hasn't opened one of ur many DMs yet

gif

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
🤣 While he probably added a few dozen new followers.
I “almost” hate those guys, all of em.
95% speculation and it so obvious…but people give them “weight” because they break news 1 day before it’s official and one of their 100s of speculations come true.
I agree. The twitter subculture in football is completely absurd.

There are actually people who spend much of their time creating different pictures of the players with a variation of graphics, picture that have a half life of 5 minutes :lol: And then they ask for opinions on it, for people to share it with others, as if they've contributed something important. It's sad and a little funny at the same time.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Wow, it ended up with some decent updates.

Anyone have the slightest idea who this Alvarez 2.0 is? On of the youtube videos of him is "Welcome to Real Madrid Castilla" :lol::lol::lol: I wish we'd sign 1.0, he seems like someone who could help us towards a Scudetto.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Seems kind of interesting actually.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I agree. The twitter subculture in football is completely absurd.

There are actually people who spend much of their time creating different pictures of the players with a variation of graphics, picture that have a half life of 5 minutes :lol: And then they ask for opinions on it, for people to share it with others, as if they've contributed something important. It's sad and a little funny at the same time.
the most annoying thing of all is from fans i'm guessing young fans. on those big accounts like B/R football or 433 ... on every post, the comments are about Ronaldo or Messi.
sometimes you'll see a post crediting us or one of our players, curious to see what's being said: Penaldo this, Pessi that.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
age✅
Potential✅
Price✅
Status✅

now that's an Alvarez i can spend my time discussing
Looks hardworking and versatile as well.

Fits our profile well, would be an exciting transfer especially as a replacement for Pellegri who's been a meme player.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Since last weekend, This has become the priority imo. As I mentioned yesterday.

If anything happens to Fik, we’re fucked…even a burnout.

You mentioned Kalulu which is and excellent shout but Calabria is also not the healthiest. so, Kalulu will often be needed on the right. (No disrespect to Florenzi, who also often gets injured)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

You mentioned Kalulu which is and excellent shout but Calabria is also not the healthiest. so, Kalulu will often be needed on the right. (No disrespect to Florenzi, who also often gets injured)
Agreed, we need to sign a new CB with top physique.

And I don't want Romagnoli to renew, he is not showing a progress commensurate with how the rest of the team grows.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni

And I don't want Romagnoli to renew, he is not showing a progress commensurate with how the rest of the team grows.

Last game he proved for once and for all that he doesn't have enough quality to play for Milan, even for a bench role, let alone for wearing the armband. He simply has to go and we need to invest in a third CB, because Kjaer isn't the youngest and Gabbia seems far away from the starting line-up. The latter should be loaned to another Serie A club. I would try Kalulu as third CB for the coming stretches of games.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So if you saw wesley and his venezia shirt you would think he is a Venezia fan? lmaooo
You can wear other clubs shirts as long as its not a rival teams. Thats MY opinion

Instead of obsessing over my Milanista dna, i think u should worry about why maldnini hasn't opened one of ur many DMs yet

gif

MB is right on this…

by the way, how many other team kits do you wear?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Exclusive: Friday scheduled for a summit in Milan between Alvarez's agent, La Salvia, and the Rossoneri club. Darwin Nunez is also among his clients

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

100%
It’s well known, I was never for a renewal. But now I think a Fik backup should be a priority in January

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

Maldini would be an idiot to consider a CD or any other position before a RW & an AM.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Belotti will be out for a minimum of 2 months with a tear on his right femoral bicep.
Thank god.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli had a horror game, but I don't think you make a decision on a player due to one game. Last season he was underwhelming, but until the Sass game, Romagnoli had been very good. What terms he would potentially be renewed at is important, especially with the rumors that the growth decree might be removed. He hasn't lived up to the hype, that's true, but the people who said he hasn't developed were quiet this season, because he did very well so far. The Sass game was horrific. Garbage. Dogshit. Romangoli's flashes of stupidity are even worse, because he tends to do many of the fundamentals correct, consistently, so his mistakes are that much more glaring, because they seem more random, rather than from certain situations. That makes him a more frustrating player.

I don't think Romagnoli is only a low-block player. Against Lazio, Porto, and Verona, he did well, and those are teams with skill and who press. Lazio, fine, we dominated them, but looking at the second Porto game and Verona, those are aggressive teams. Many wanted to fault him for the penalty in Verona, but it was super clear from replays that he was fouled. Against Atletico he was very good, but apparently that doesn't count. However, his Sass performance was horrific and came out of no where. I only wonder if his abductor wasn't ready to play two games in that short of a span. Which, again, goes to our training staff.

Di Marzio reports that Maldini has made an offer to Romagnoli that is significantly lower than what he makes now, and that Maldini is not unprepared for him to leave. I think Gabbia would do well with a year on loan in a Serie A club next year, if I'm honest. If we replace Romagnoli with someone, I won't lose sleep over it, but I do want him to finish out the season strong, because he's done well, and I'd rather someone step up from within our squad than having to buy someone new, especially when I think our attacking department needs as much of our resources as possible.

I'm a huge Kalulu fan, and despite his recent performances, I like him better as a CB than even a RB. But he makes mistakes with his positioning and marking that become much more glaring when he's at CB than when he's at RB. That makes sense, because he's a kid. Florenzi, defensively, has been fine, actually. It's his offensive output that hasn't clicked yet. If we are chasing a game and need a more stay-at-home RB, Florenzi has done well. But when we need production, threat, he's done very poorly. That being said, I hope Kalulu can get some reps at CB, and he might have to against Genoa.

Man, being injured and not being able to play has made me looking forward to Milan games worse, lol.

Last edited:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CB is not our biggest priority. Romagnoli just played an excellent game against Atletico, and Gabbia has been good much more often than not when he plays. We could use another young defender for the rotation but it isn’t urgent. DOTN overreact because we’ve lost 2 out of like 15 games.

There is the issue of our backline being exposed by speed and dribbling when Tomori isn’t on the field, it’s a valid concern. Our press is a lot more effective when he plays, obviously. But for all of Romagnolis faults, Pioli should be up to it for finding a solution. Romangoli(and Kjaer) are just not fast players, very simple. Romagnoli has gotten beat and exposed in some one v ones, Kjaer is better in these situations but has also been left alone sometimes and had to foul his way out of it. It’s an inevitable risk with the pressing game Pioli wants, I don’t want to sacrifice that style of play but maybe modify it. The midfielders keeping possession better would also help a lot. But maybe amp the press down a notch when we have a slower CB pairing, especially against attacking teams.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli had a horror game, but I don't think you make a decision on a player due to one game. Last season he was underwhelming, but until the Sass game, Romagnoli had been very good. What terms he would potentially be renewed at is important, especially with the rumors that the growth decree might be removed. He hasn't lived up to the hype, that's true, but the people who said he hasn't developed were quiet this season, because he did very well so far. The Sass game was horrific. Garbage. Dogshit. Romangoli's flashes of stupidity are even worse, because he tends to do many of the fundamentals correct, consistently, so his mistakes are that much more glaring, because they seem more random, rather than from certain situations. That makes him a more frustrating player.

I don't think Romagnoli is only a low-blow player. Against Lazio, Porto, and Verona, he did well, and those are teams with skill and who press. Lazio, fine, we dominated them, but looking at the second Porto game and Verona, those are aggressive teams. Many wanted to fault him for the penalty in Verona, but it was super clear from replays that he was fouled. Against Atletico he was very good, but apparently that doesn't count. However, his Sass performance was horrific and came out of no where. I only wonder if his abductor wasn't ready to play two games in that short of a span. Which, again, goes to our training staff.

Di Marzio reports that Maldini has made an offer to Romagnoli that is significantly lower than what he makes now, and that Maldini is not unprepared for him to leave. I think Gabbia would do well with a year on loan in a Serie A club next year, if I'm honest. If we replace Romagnoli with someone, I won't lose sleep over it, but I do want him to finish out the season strong, because he's done well, and I'd rather someone step up from within our squad than having to buy someone new, especially when I think our attacking department needs as much of our resources as possible.

I'm a huge Kalulu fan, and despite his recent performances, I like him better as a CB than even a RB. But he makes mistakes with his positioning and marking that become much more glaring when he's at CB than when he's at RB. That makes sense, because he's a kid. Florenzi, defensively, has been fine, actually. It's his offensive output that hasn't clicked yet. If we are chasing a game and need a more stay-at-home RB, Florenzi has done well. But when we need production, threat, he's done very poorly. That being said, I hope Kalulu can get some reps at CB, and he might have to against Genoa.

Man, being injured and not being able to play has made me looking forward to Milan games worse, lol.
Sensible post, but for me it's the feeling of "okay, at least he did okay and actually quite well these two games" and that's where I set the bar. At the brink of a contract renegotiation where he's rumoured to be offered more than the clearly superior and more experienced Kjær, its really crystallising for me that this isn't the right move forward. I may get excited over the signs he shows for parts of this season, but I know I'll be scared of him being turned inside out by some decent plus forward, especially as we play harder and harder opposition. Is him staying on as a third choice on 3,5m the right move when exciting and much faster talented options exist all around Europe/South America at bargain prices? We have a world class scouting department, let them find us a new CB. In the meantime we have Pierre and Gabbia.

I seriously think Kalulu has everything to be that 3rd CB, and eventually starter alongside Fik. He was in my opinion, with his lack of experience as context, absolutely masterful when he had his cameos there last season. The trouble with that idea is the place Romagnoli occupies in the squad. He's in the way, en route to earning wages he doesn't command and to an even lesser extent as time goes by. I'm sick of having a backup quality team captain anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule