The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I expect us to act fast.

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Amazing to think that after what he has given this club already that his greatest gift might still yet to come. We are eternally in his debt.

If this is the case, then we Milan fans are truly blessed.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Bologna is 2 points away from CL qualification 😅🤣

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Salernitana got Juve midweek , us this weekend.
Genoa got us midweek, Juve this weekend.

wonder what's like to be a fan of bottom of the table team. must be depressing ... we got a diluted sample of it during the past decade.

this Sheva Genoa may not be good yet, it seems they are missing a lot of players, but they did fight...with some luck they can get result over this soft Juve

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

262119412_6521157984621363_3013510396842755408_n-png.479

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Look, more people than not noticed last season that Leao had a problematic attitude that doesn't have to do anything with fitting better in one role or in another role. If you don't bother to make the runs, to keep a high pressing line, to track back, to cover for someone leaving his position, you're labeled lazy.

I'm not presuming I knew how Leao trains and how he is in real life. I don't know him outside the 90 minutes per week I see him train.

But Zlatans words to me seem like a big huge confirmation of the mutual gut feeling that many people already had, and not only on RnB. Leao was criticized for his attitude by many experts too.

Rebic as CF last season also looked awkward most of the times and was criticized too. However not as much as Leao, because he never lacked the right attitude. That is the difference.

Now this VS here doesn't get tired of using Leao being played out of position as an excuse for his poor attitude and performances last season. Meanwhile he couldn't get enough of criticizing Rebic all season long despite being played as much out of position as Leao. VS simply has double standards, personal biases and lacks the intelligence of admitting being wrong at times. He's probably the only RnB member here being unhappy about Kjaer being an absolut beast because that would mean admitting defeat.

Last year I said Rebic CF > Leao CF

Leao was not good at CF, that’s simple.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
03B0118C-C093-4F7E-A641-72DF173108B2.jpeg

Leao is pressing less than other players this season, including Ibra 🤣

Commoders said “He improved because he is working harder and is no longer lazy”

Again proved wrong.

He improved because of his position. LW role allows him to do better with the ball.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I'll be very surprised if this isn't serious enough to force us into a CB purchase in January.

Grab the Romagnoli situation by the balls, buy a quality replacement for Romagnoli, play him in tandem with Tomori/Romagnoli until the summer. Next season we have Tomori, Kjær, new and ready CB, Kalulu and Gabbia.

Or develop Kalulu into a new Tomori.

You can’t easly develop aerial game after 20.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
so glad we play again this weekend

this thread is losing steam

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think the only way we spend money on a defender in January is if we make the next stage of CL, otherwise we will find a free loan somewhere.

Favre and Adli early would be nice, add a quality long term CB to that and we in dream land.

Fwiw, I don't know how some people can believe in karma after what's happened to Simon.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Leao is pressing less than other players this season, including Ibra 🤣

Commoders said “He improved because he is working harder and is no longer lazy”

Again proved wrong.

He improved because of his position. LW role allows him to do better with the ball.
what would you know about work?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We will most likely do exactly nothing in winter, I don't think Maldini is playing any games here. We still have 3,5 CBs and frankly a low cost panic signing won't be better than Roma or even Gabbia anyway so there is really no point.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
a smart Maldini will loan Gabbia out and bring in a stopgap veteran CB, Mirante style, while sitting Romagnolis contract out and securing a young and promising CB for the summer with a little cash during the winter window

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
a smart Maldini will loan Gabbia out and bring in a stopgap veteran CB, Mirante style, while sitting Romagnolis contract out and securing a young and promising CB for the summer with a little cash during the winter window
IIUC Gabbia may be needed for some homegrown player quota (I could be wrong)

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
It would be nice to be in the scudetto race all season long, but I'm just looking at the current 10 point gap there currently is between Milan & 5th. Another top 4 finish, getting that CL money & continuing to grow is the main goal.
if we're out of CL then scudetto is the only goal

including CL, that's a different tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule