The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I wonder who Inter will have to sell in the summer.

The way I read this comment is that you have finally accepted they are way out of our leagues in footballing terms. So that you shift focus to off field matters where there is some hope still. And this is pathetic.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We also dodged a bullet with Ziyech by the way, not saying he is flat out horrible but very glad we didn't sign him. Same goes for Dalot.
Not every player we signed was perfect but those were some good decisions.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I would be extremely disappointed if we dont win this season and more so if we dont try to purchase upgrades in winter. As in we fade down the stretch again with the same issues plaguing us.

Next season I cant say until we see how other teams approach their windows in summer.
It all depend on what Maldini will do comes the next mercato , same as last season.
Last season its obvious that a CL spot is the target & we reached it on the last match day.
We will see if we will aim higher this season.
This team can win the league if fix our RW & AM gaps.
Am not saying that team need to participate in winter mercato to win the title but this was forced by Maldini not fixing our line up during the summer.
If we did that then we would be probably still leading the table by several points ahead & even qualified for round two in CL.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tells tell me, in basic football terms, how a trash team can be in top of the league?
Ever heard of grinding results? We got pretty lucky against Venezia, Spezia, Verona, Bologna, Roma and Udinese. 16 points won with a lot of luck. Once our luck faded away we started shitting the bed. Thank God we had 2 of the worst teams in the league back to back so we could restore some confidence. It was really important before facing the ultra-mega-hyper good Udinese defense that allowed us 1 shot on target.

We had some really good games on the way, but we've been playing like garbage in most of the games this season.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It all depend on what Maldini will do comes the next mercato , same as last season.
Last season its obvious that a CL spot is the target & we reached it on the last match day.
Am not saying that team need to participate in winter mercato to win the title but this was forced by Maldini not fixing our line up during the summer.
If we did that then we would be probably still leading the table by several points ahead & even qualified for round two in CL.
Problem is if we had the funds for a winter mercato we probably would have invested more into the squad in summer. There is no reason not to already put the CL group stage into the books as it was secure, so I'm very doubtful that there is much to spend, apart from maybe an emergency war chest.

As a fan you always hope that "fine as we are" is only a smoke screen, but I fear its probably more the truth than a lie.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We also dodged a bullet with Ziyech by the way, not saying he is flat out horrible but very glad we didn't sign him. Same goes for Dalot.
Not every player we signed was perfect but those were some good decisions.
Dodge a bullet to be hit by a Diaz AM bomb.
Only an idiot would want Dalot in his team.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They like creates 20 shot on target
That's illegal. When you don't have all your 11 starters on the field you have to send long balls to the opponents box all the time. And no more than 3 consecutive passes are allowed in the opponent's half. Everybody knows that.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Hello, mods?
Whoever you are

Idk, but I think this is a Milan forum.
Objectively speaking, at the very least, no one supposed to speak highly of Milan's arch enemy in this forum.
This ID, openly praise Inter proudly and mock Milan within the same post.
More over, this particular man is always speak highly for his favourite traitor.

Please, permanently ban this guy.

There are rules and ethics, this guys broke too many of those two.

@VS,
F*ck off
I used to respect your posts

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The way I read this comment is that you have finally accepted they are way out of our leagues in footballing terms. So that you shift focus to off field matters where there is some hope still. And this is pathetic.
Then you should learn how to read.

I think we are a better team. Our problems are injuries, not quality of our team.

If a team with as many injuries as ours is only one point back of a team that hasn't been hit with injuries or Covid like us, I think it means we're actually a much better team.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Problem is if we had the funds for a winter mercato we probably would have invested more into the squad in summer. There is no reason not to already put the CL group stage into the books as it was secure, so I'm very doubtful that there is much to spend, apart from maybe an emergency war chest.

As a fan you always hope that "fine as we are" is only a smoke screen, but I fear its probably more the truth than a lie.
This team is obviously bypassing our initial target so yes i hope that Elliot open their wallet for a realistic chance to win the title.
I have no doubt in my mind that having players to bench Diaz & Sale could make us favourite to win the league.
A title should easily mean more than 30mil paid in fucking instalments.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really hope there aren't Milan fans going to Inter's forum, pretending to be Inter fans, to shit on their team. That would be so sad.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
See it quite the same.

If we dont upgrade then we can only hope Messias steps forward and becomes a dependable starter and Maldini / Brahim produce or Leao and Rebic just blow the doors off teams.
If we dont win and qualify for CL with only a cover for CB in winter and a modest summer window then I can only think we are in Arsenal mode because the league is achievable.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thing that bother me the most is that we didnt even try to replace Hakan.
I mean how a staff paid millions to make decisions really think Diaz can work there ?!
Its fucking insane.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
faivre was about to be our rw and am to rotate with diaz
samu decided to stay -> we didnt get money for faivre -> loan of messias

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thing that bother me the most is that we didnt even try to replace Hakan.
I mean how a staff paid millions to make decisions really think Diaz can work there ?!
Its fucking insane.
I think Faivre was their pick, and then he decided to pull his stupid stunt to try and force the move. Adli is our long-term CAM project, I think their idea was Faivre/Brahim for the CAM spot, who could also cover RW, but then it blew up.

We cannot win the Scudetto unless we have Leao and Rebic back, consistently, even if we did have Faivre right now.

The massive difference that Messias has shown is either because he's truly a hidden gem, or the more likely reality: he's the only real winger we have (who is healthy right now).

If Brahim scores at least one of his shots yesterday, we're all shutting up. Including me. I hate how Brahim plays, but when he scores, I can take it, because he's more of an SS than a CAM. I can stomach that when he's scoring, even when his passing is shit, but when he's not passing? I can't stand it.

I think Adli is the guy though, the kid is talented.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
That means 5-7 mill is all you were willing to pay to 'upgrade' your critical AM spot ?
Maybe its as Wild said - top 4 was our target again and they thought we have enough for that.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont mind Messias.
But he cant cover two starting position.
We should have got Messias & another similar solution player to bench both Diaz & Sale.
Obviously our staff thought Sale could really work.
Sale is the definition of average & I always said that hence my constant nagging for a RW for two years now.
I dont mind him staying considering he is young & can still surprise us , but to start fuck no.
Only 1% of players will pull a Tona like progression.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Faivre was their pick, and then he decided to pull his stupid stunt to try and force the move. Adli is our long-term CAM project, I think their idea was Faivre/Brahim for the CAM spot, who could also cover RW, but then it blew up.

We cannot win the Scudetto unless we have Leao and Rebic back, consistently, even if we did have Faivre right now.

The massive difference that Messias has shown is either because he's truly a hidden gem, or the more likely reality: he's the only real winger we have (who is healthy right now).

If Brahim scores at least one of his shots yesterday, we're all shutting up. Including me. I hate how Brahim plays, but when he scores, I can take it, because he's more of an SS than a CAM. I can stomach that when he's scoring, even when his passing is shit, but when he's not passing? I can't stand it.

I think Adli is the guy though, the kid is talented.
I know that Messias was a reaction for us not getting Faivre.
Maldini did a great job there.
But he fucked up about Diaz able to replicate what Hakan was providing.
There was no intention to buy an AM for this season thinking Diaz will pull it off & they even gave him the number 10.
Fucking pay couple of mil more & just get Adli.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I´d much rather deal with a Diaz flop than with a Ziyech flop though. Worst case we upgrade and use him as a sub for two years.
Ziyech was a loan with option.
No way Milan was buying him.
SO no , Ziyech made sense while Diaz didnt.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There was no intention to buy an AM for this season thinking Diaz will pull it off & they even gave him the number 10.
I think the intention was to have Brahim/Faivre for CAM. Maybe it was Faivre and Messias, rather than just Messias?

Adli going out on loan, maybe they didn't think he was ready yet?

I don't think it was a question of "a few million more" because Faivre decided to act like a child, that was the issue, because we upped our offer, and I feel like negotiations would have continued if he didn't pull that shit.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
That means 5-7 mill is all you were willing to pay to 'upgrade' your critical AM spot ?
Maybe its as Wild said - top 4 was our target again and they thought we have enough for that.
we got yacine also, just left on loan to develop - dont get idea why?? maybe we closed it first with hope on closing faivre.
and top4 was our target for this season for sure- rest is just talk of fans, journalists, players and management to keep all in 'point'.

I dont mind Messias.
But he cant cover two starting position.
We should have got Messias & another similar solution player to bench both Diaz & Sale.
Obviously our staff thought Sale could really work.
Sale is the definition of average & I always said that hence my constant nagging for a RW for two years now.
I dont mind him staying considering he is young & can still surprise us , but to start fuck no.
Only 1% of players will pull a Tona like progression.
i like messias for moments we saw him
just he isnt playmaker and looks like he prefers to have more space - so he stays wide and just makes run sometimes closer to middle
also not sure if he can replace saele work rate and passing around middle.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So when do we expect Management to believe its time to win trophies, advance in CL?
2-3 years?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Question is if we even planned on playing with an AM that much, all targets were much closer to a SS than Hakan (also Ziyech, Faivre). We also played relatively successfully with a SS in some of the last matches of last season.
We are still in some kind of evolution as a team, much more than our competitors for top 4, with all pros and cons. It is normal that not all plans stand the test of practical application.

Getting rid of the Hakan-AM type (great passer, bad in tight spaces) also had some upsides so far imo.

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
Faivre can also play AM and would have been the ideal rotation player for that position with Diaz. Not paying a couple of million for Adli was probably because we wanted him to further develop in Bordeaux and to also save some money to go towards paying for Faivre. Unfortunately the Faivre deal fell through at the last moment. We even had a plane reportedly all ready to pick him up. Sadly his antics pissed off Brest and they decided to cease all negotiations with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule