The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
It is fucking annoying how you always put yourself in the role of a victim before you express your opinion.

How about expressing your opinion without "but then people hate me when I say it" in the same sentence? This is a fucking discussion board! For every opinion I express there are as many people agreeing as disagreeing! You included! Do you see me crying a river because of that?

Just state your god damn opinion and be braced to discuss it with people who might or might not agree ffs :D
This forum is getting to you mate, you used to be such a peaceful guy :D

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Juventus strike back.
Inter is guilty though

A nice -10 points for Inter and fines (or if it's bad, relegation) will be nice, and -3 to Napoli +3 to us for paying off referees. :o

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Krunic started our season at CM and did well, before he got hurt. He's been played as a fucking striker this season, and has done as best as could be expected.

Krunic as a backup is a useful player to have.
I’m assuming Krunic is going to play up front tomorrow. Easily one of the most versatile players we’ve had in recent memory.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So there’s a Milan game tomorrow and still no game thread?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
That's not what I'm doing. If I come off that way then I apologize.
But I am responding to ikita trying (and failing spectacularly) to paint me as some kind of fake because I've been pointing out shit that I both predicted and am seeing coming true.

I think that to assume that you're criticizing something or someone because either 1) you hate him/it or 2) you want to be an "I-told-you-so" is misguided at best.
So I gotta defend myself at the very least.

The other thing is that while a lot of the shit that has happened to us is unfortunate....a lot of it could have been preventable. Getting a proper RW should have been the priority even before THINKING of ppl like Pellegri, Florenzi and Messias. Only the latter has been useful....but if we had a proper RW, it would have been a fantastic contingency for the issues we are facing with Brahim's form and the injury crisis. I'm not sure how else to express this basic principle.
You (and others) are saying this like it's some obvious shit that was simply overlooked and not a consequence of our limited budget...

What Maldini has done reasonably well is avoid reckless spending (we paid 17m on RR at one point) and I think has done a good job with the budget at hand.

The injury problem is the only one I'd hold against him if he doesn't find a fix or at least address it.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FIFA asked for the postponement of the AFCON until next September. Good news for Milan if it happens.

I wonder what the start of next season will look like for all leagues if they do the AFCON in September then the World Cup in November? FIFA also wants to make the World Cup every 2 years.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Leaf, you say things that annoy me. But you are capable of being so gracious. When I read a post like that from you, I just go to my screen:

you-robert-de-niro.gif
Honestly I wish I could be friends with everyone here. I've fallen out with many here....but I always try to make up (no homo).
What's the point of enmity? We're all getting old and going to the same place at the end of the day.
:heart:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
You (and others) are saying this like it's some obvious shit that was simply overlooked and not a consequence of our limited budget...

What Maldini has done reasonably well is avoid reckless spending (we paid 17m on RR at one point) and I think has done a good job with the budget at hand.

The injury problem is the only one I'd hold against him if he doesn't find a fix or at least address it.
Yes it's OBVIOUS SHIT.

Not buying Pellegri would have been OBVIOUS SHIT if it wasn't for classic Italian nepotism (See also Florenzi and Daniel Maldini)
Inasmuch as Paolo is a legend and a venerable one at that but he isn't beyond criticism.
Overall I think he's doing a great job but I'm the kind of ***** that loves with my eyes open.

And you are totally right that he's avoided reckless spending....actually an argument could be made that he was a bit overly conservative.
However not going in big on RW is biting us in the ass.

I would hope that we rectify this and don't get another necro signing. But would ANYONE HERE be surprised if we got some romantic good looking italian boy again?

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
How stupid do you have to be to see me DEFENDING Diaz to make an entire diatribe about SuPpOrT dA tEaM bRo?

Fuckin embarrassing
All I've seen you do is say "See? I was right. I knew this would happen." But I get it. The winter transfer market's coming up. So when Maldini and co. don't do what you want them to, or even if they try their best and fail (because how the fuck do we know right? None of us work in Milan, yet you and other ppl act like Maldini and Massara is just sitting up in there with their thumbs up their asses), you'll just come back with the "See I was right" bullshit. And that from a Milan fan is fucking embarassing.

That's not what I'm doing. If I come off that way then I apologize.
But I am responding to ikita trying (and failing spectacularly) to paint me as some kind of fake because I've been pointing out shit that I both predicted and am seeing coming true.

I think that to assume that you're criticizing something or someone because either 1) you hate him/it or 2) you want to be an "I-told-you-so" is misguided at best.
So I gotta defend myself at the very least.

The other thing is that while a lot of the shit that has happened to us is unfortunate....a lot of it could have been preventable. Getting a proper RW should have been the priority even before THINKING of ppl like Pellegri, Florenzi and Messias. Only the latter has been useful....but if we had a proper RW, it would have been a fantastic contingency for the issues we are facing with Brahim's form and the injury crisis. I'm not sure how else to express this basic principle.

Yes mighty Oracle. I love how I'm failing spectacularly yet you're here proving me right. I'm not sure in how many other languages you require to be told "We get it. They didn't sign a CAM and RW. We understand that" so that you'd stop moaning about it. You're getting very close to the territory of people who relish the opportunity that arises when the team loses a game to take pot shots at management and/or players. And that, again, is fucking embarassing.

But go on. Continue to prove me right so that I don't have to do it myself. Because I'd rather support my club and watch the games than waste time on bandwagoners like you in here.

I used to think you knew what it was to be above that shit.

Disappointing.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rebic is more injury prone than a 40 year old Ibra.
is he really or is it MilanLab? it can't be that ALL of our players are injury prone

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m assuming Krunic is going to play up front tomorrow. Easily one of the most versatile players we’ve had in recent memory.
Krunic has been a great servant of this club, I'll always appreciate his dedication. I would love to see him get more chances in his natural position, I think he'd do his best when in a 433, but even in the double pivot, he does a strong job.

Samu is another player who really gives his all every time he plays, I just wish he had more quality to match his heart, it hurts that he's not skilled enough to match his desire.

When a player gives his all to Milan, even if they're bad, I can't fault them. That's what is keeping me from tearing into Brahim, because he tries. He has all the talent in the world, but he needs to learn when to drive and dribble, and when he just needs to lay the ball off, pass it, and move into space to terrorize the defense. Juan Mata and David Silva are two players he needs to learn from, because he has the talent to be at their level, but he has to learn to pass, it's so frustrating.

Which reminds me, if we're going to be this crossing team, why do we continue to invert our wingers? Try Messias on the left, Alexis right, let them use their dominant foot to whip the crosses in, hell, I'd even try Samu on the left, let him cross with his left, instead of allowing him to continue to keep cutting in onto his left from the right side.

Empoli is going to be a tough game, they play aggressive. Giroud probably doesn't have the minutes in his legs to start a game yet, but if we're going to cross a lot, I'm not sure why we continue inverting our wingers.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes it's OBVIOUS SHIT.

Not buying Pellegri would have been OBVIOUS SHIT if it wasn't for classic Italian nepotism (See also Florenzi and Daniel Maldini)
Inasmuch as Paolo is a legend and a venerable one at that but he isn't beyond criticism.
Overall I think he's doing a great job but I'm the kind of ***** that loves with my eyes open.

And you are totally right that he's avoided reckless spending....actually an argument could be made that he was a bit overly conservative.
However not going in big on RW is biting us in the ass.

I would hope that we rectify this and don't get another necro signing. But would ANYONE HERE be surprised if we got some romantic good looking italian boy again?
Do you think we have money for a big RW signing just sitting around and Maldini refusing to use it?

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
[Ikita]no no no bro don't blame Maldini don't be an Inter fan [/Ikita]
I dunno how saying obvious shit like the post above has suddenly become a hate crime :rolleyes:

The facts is that we always needed a proper RW (Messias and Saele are great for backup but we need ppl to put up numbers) and CF.
Pellegri was too much of a gamble.

Also....where are our wonderkids from the Primavera? Surely we have someone at least on Cutrone's level or something? Some kid who would run himself into the ground to impress the coach? That's all I'm asking for.

Honestly seeing Krunic starting for us is getting depressing. He's not a bad player just painfully mediocre.
Colombo will be our 2/3 forward in the next years. He has good season in Serie B. In next season I hope he will play in Serie A and later in our team. He can have similar road as Pobega.

My dream Striker..........

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes it's OBVIOUS SHIT.

would ANYONE HERE be surprised if we got some romantic good looking italian boy again?
Well yes since Pellegri was a one off

Florenzi would have been singed even if he was Argentinian or Belgian if he still had the same career or achievements under his belt

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I've watched enough of Krunic this season that will last me a lifetime. Waiting anxiously for the day he doesn't take part in a Milan match.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

La Gazzetta on Kessie: "Why not sell it immediately in January?"​

Good question but who is gonna buy when he is going to miss a month away at afcon

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

La Gazzetta on Kessie: "Why not sell it immediately in January?"​

Good question but who is gonna buy when he is going to miss a month away at afcon
AFCON may be postponed & at this point the club has no control in what happens to Kessie. He can sign a pre-contract with whoever he wants next month. He'll probably make more money on a free with no transfer fee involded so he can just wait it out until the summer.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've watched enough of Krunic this season that will last me a lifetime. Waiting anxiously for the day he doesn't take part in a Milan match.
People pointing fingers at player who is bought to be a bench player,because that's easy.Deploying him in midfield and attack, because other are in hospital. It's not Krunic faults.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Krunic haters still exist and it's nearly 2022. Wow.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
But would ANYONE HERE be surprised if we got some romantic good looking italian boy again?
Could use a couple more Calabrias and Sandros in the team. Asking for another Daniel is too much even for Santa

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@leaf getting mad at Paolo for not buying a top RW

leaf brat.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'd start Salad LW or CAM tomorrow. Wanna see more of him there. Maybe Salad-Messi-Samu? Diaz needs a break

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
So there’s a Milan game tomorrow and still no game thread?
someone was crying about me but nobody else was starting new thread.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The disruption that selling Kessie would cause wouldn't be worth the nominal fee we would get for Kessie. If he does leave, I'm curious to see who actually gets him and for what money. I can see him going to Inter if they sell Barella or lose Broz, honestly.

Pobega looks like he's a top candidate to be his replacement. He's been really impressive with Torino. His goals are what is giving him attention, but, as a midfielder, he's really grown. I watch him, his passing is impressive, his positioning is strong, he makes those late-runs into the box to get his goals, but he's strong, gets stuck in, is tireless, and really makes sure the team can keep its shape. Can he do this at Milan-level? I hope so.

His weakness is his acceleration, but he's not slow, but he doesn't have that twitchy burst of speed that Kessie, Bennacer, or Tonali have, but he's got the top speed once he gets going, he's like a train. His strength is insane. He doesn't get bullied and his touch is more delicate that you would think. Passing range is good, but sometimes his first touch is clumsy, the odd part is, many times after that odd first touch, he then shows this tremendous deft second touch, it's weird, it's like, is he doing the first bit on purpose?

As I've said before, he really is scarily similar to Ambrosini. If you can get that sort of career out of him, then you've hit a homerun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule