The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
People actually thought Vranckx & Thiaw were Milan moneyball type signings like Bennacer, Theo etc...!! They thought they would be be the newly discovered stars like Bennacer & Theo were!! They thought these players were specially chosen by Moncada!! Theo & Bennacer weren't chosen on the last few days of the mercato as gap fillers because there was only a few million left to spend!!
Theo, Leao, Tomori, Tonali were all 20 million plus signings. That's what they're forgetting. Relatively cheap for what they're worth now but never 5 million cheap like Vranckx and Thiaw. We achieved new levels of cheapness in the last transfer market.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Milan is torturing me, this week was terrible, I feel so down. Maybe the supercoppa derby will be the motivation this team needs.

Going to watch police academy now, need something fun after that bad game.

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I mean, Pioli has gotten us in the CL and won us a championship. We are second currently. Spalletti’s Napoli imploded last year. Yes, it looks likely he will win it this year, but could you or people who want dramatic changes after a poor stretch of games stomach what happened to Napoli last year? Would you have given Spalletti an inch after that?
I dont get it, we continue as we are or do something? Buying players wont fix the slow buildup at the back, constant back passes, the issues with corners , the fact that we are the worse passers of top teams, we have a completely open right side, the fact that his in game management is awful, the fact we punt the ball up or pass it all the back, the fact suddenly we looked better cos pobega actually was playing in midfield instead of a second striker and i can go on and on and on... what do you suggest? Getting humilated by spurs and inter next games cos we will...

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, Pioli has gotten us in the CL and won us a championship. We are second currently. Spalletti’s Napoli imploded last year. Yes, it looks likely he will win it this year, but could you or people who want dramatic changes after a poor stretch of games stomach what happened to Napoli last year? Would you have given Spalletti an inch after that?
I think to say Napoli imploded is a little exaggerated.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What’s the point then? Many would be the first one to jump on another “on the cusp of great things” kind of coach the minute they fumble. Look at Spalletti right now…he was/is considered a perennial choker in the big leagues. Good enough to make CL and that’s it. But Napoli are enjoying success with him, just like we have with Pioli.

I don’t think changing coaches will help this team. It may make it worse because Pioli’s imprint is on this team—for better or for worse. In the last couple of years it has mainly been for the better.

Unless we go for a tier 1 coach, I don’t see the whole point of sacking Pioli. We don’t have the funds to back a coach like Klopp or Guardiola. Not saying you brought them up, but Klopp comes up every week. Given our budget, does anyone actually think we can afford him or someone like him?

His games after Salzburg arent a good look.

- Last minute win vs Spezia
- Tie vs Cremonese (352)
- Last minute win vs Fiore
- Struggle win vs Serie D
- 3 loses in European friendlies
- 1 goal win vs Salernitana
- tie vs Roma (defensive subs)
- loss vs 10 man Torino (352)
- tie vs Lecce

Grounds for termination for some teams, but i dont think we’re that team. Even Klopp is struggling from the same issue of injuries.

You look at all the teams hit by injuries this season and they’re struggling. Liverpool in 9th, Chelsea in 10th, Dortmund in 6th place, Juve out of CL, and Milan. Sacking Pioli isnt the solution, and transfer market isnt either imo. We just have to ride this out.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I think to say Napoli imploded is a little exaggerated.
Sorry, did they not piss the title away over three weeks? Honestly, I can’t remember the string of games but the Empoli loss followed a general implosion against Fiorentina? Roma? I remember they were right in it.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

- Tie vs Cremonese (352)
- tie vs Lecce

Grounds for termination for some teams, but i dont think we’re that team. Even Klopp is struggling from the same issue of injuries.

You look at all the teams hit by injuries this season and they’re struggling. Liverpool in 9th, Chelsea in 10th, Dortmund in 6th place, Juve out of CL, and Milan. Sacking Pioli isnt the solution, and transfer market isnt either imo. We just have to ride this out.
Unless thing spiral out of control obviously Pioli won’t get sacked during the season, but if he misses out on top 4 that should a for sure reason to dump him.

I said it in the summer. It was stupid by management to hand him an extension. He had an option on his deal for another season. See if last season was a fluke or not before locking into him long term.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We imploded just as badly as Napoli did last season in 20/21. Overall, Spalletti has had a much better career than Pioli. Finishing top 4 is standard for him. He’s done it every season in the top flight for a decent team bar a couple seasons. He’s finished second a few times and every time, he lost the title to a team in their period of dominance (inter in the mid to late 2000s and Juve in the 2010s). It’s not fair to compare them. I don’t want spalletti here btw.

I believe that Pioli’s positive contribution to this club has reached its ceiling. We won’t win another scudetto with him here. If we’re fortunate, his last piece of silverware will be the supercoppa. His upward trajectory climaxed last season when we won the title. Now, it’s time for his inevitable downfall. We’ve seen it at every club he’s been at.

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

- Tie vs Cremonese (352)
- tie vs Lecce

Excuses again. Ride this out, ok , but pioli is not klopp. Potter smashed us. Juve were missing half their team and they are shit. Constantly backing pioli for last years work, we wont get in the champions league

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, did they not piss the title away over three weeks? Honestly, I can’t remember the string of games but the Empoli loss followed a general implosion against Fiorentina? Roma? I remember they were right in it.
Looking at last season’s results they were leaders very early but then the next time they were tied for 1st for a week was match day 27 and that was it. The end of the season it was more between Milan and Inter. Napoli hovered around 2nd and 3rd in the final weeks.

Bagheera

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli has a history of destruction. Why not play a 3 man midfield when you are letting in so many goals. I dont know why there is anymore excuses. This is tbe worse defence of any title i can remember tbh. Its not the premier league we are talking about. Spurs will ripe up in 5 and he will be sacked by then as we will be 5th. Sadly we get spanked by inter as well.
Inter are no better than us. What you talking about?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I think maybe when you buy:

Cdk
Adli
Origi
Vrancx
Fbt
Pobega
Bakayoko
Lazetic

Maybe you aren't the genius ppl think you are
Management groupies will scream that CDK needs time....but won't acknowledge that our Scudetto winning team needed some finished products

Not going for Ziyech is inexcusable

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Regardless if this ownership isn’t ambitious to take Milan back to the top like they claim just be happy with trying to finish in top 4 if possible then make it out of your group in the CL. That’s about the ceiling we are currently witnessing.

The reality is the only club currently with a shot of spending big in Italy is Juve.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Theo, Leao, Tomori, Tonali were all 20 million plus signings. That's what they're forgetting. Relatively cheap for what they're worth now but never 5 million cheap like Vranckx and Thiaw. We achieved new levels of cheapness in the last transfer market.

It's not just even the price of transfers which gave a sign. If they signed Vranckx & Thiaw right in the beginning or even middle of the mercato, then that would maybe indicate that the scouts really believed in the players and they somehow got a cut price deal like Napoli did with Kvara. But if the whole mercato and pre-mercato the club is linked with higher level players like R Sanches, Enzo, Botman and then management realize they have to pay more for CDK then they expected and the ownership isn't giving them much more funds. Then you hear the reports that magement only have 10 mil left to spend and they desperately need to buy 2 players (cd and cm ) with that money!! And then Thiaw and Vranckx show up in the last few days for super cheap!!

I mean all this should have been obvious that these were gap filler players and not amazing deals / opportunities found by Moncada!! I never saw Vranckx & Thiaw player before they came to Milan, but still I realized even before the start of the season that these were not the same type of special deals the Milan scouts had found and bought in the previous seasons!

Last edited:

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think maybe when you buy:

Cdk
Adli
Origi
Vrancx
Fbt
Pobega
Bakayoko
Lazetic

Maybe you aren't the genius ppl think you are
Management groupies will scream that CDK needs time....but won't acknowledge that our Scudetto winning team needed some finished products
We spended around 50 mil for 7 players hihijiji

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Unless thing spiral out of control obviously Pioli won’t get sacked during the season, but if he misses out on top 4 that should a for sure reason to dump him.

I said it in the summer. It was stupid by management to hand him an extension. He had an option on his deal for another season. See if last season was a fluke or not before locking into him long term.

I dont think we’re really at risk for top 4. That fact that we are second place while consistently missing 5+ players to injuries all season says a lot.

The league isnt that strong this season. An Inter thats healthy has 5 losses, Juve is always injured like us, Roma and Lazio arent that high quality, Atalanta streak from past seasons has slowed down even without European competition.

People say our scudetto was a fluke because of the leagues quality, but this season the league is way weaker.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Then stop pretending people who have a more defensive stance concerning Pioli and the management think spending is evil and everything is roses and flowers.
Stop pretending people who have a more offensive stance concerning Pioli and the management thinks spending gazillions is a must and everything is shit.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can we get some serious fucking owners already?
Elliott managed us competently since they sacked Leo and the quickness with which we reached our goals (top 4 and scudetto back to back) was ahead of schedule. They did so much for us just to sell us to this Redbird circus. Can’t forgive them for that.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's not just even the price of transfers which gave a sign. If they signed Vranckx & Thiaw right in the beginning or even middle of the mercato, then that would maybe indicate that the scouts really believed in the players and they somehow got a cut price deal like Napoli did with Kvara. But if the whole mercato and pre-mercato the club is linked with higher level players like R Sanches, Enzo, Botman and then management realize they have to pay more for CDK then they expected and the ownership isn't giving them much more funds. Then you hear the reports that magement only have 10 mil left to spend and they desperately need to buy 2 players (cd and cm ) with that money!! And then Thiaw and Vranckx show up in the last few days for super cheap!!

I mean all this should have been obvious that these were gap filler players and not amazing deals / opportunities found by Moncada!! I never saw Vranckx & Thiaw player before they came to Milan, but still I realized even before the start of the season that these were not the same type of special deals the Milan scouts had found and bought in the previous season!
You are one of best forum members.
Bravooo every word in place

Status
Not open for further replies.