The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Sala also replies to Salvini: "The Municipality of Milan wasted no time on the stadium"

Giuseppe Sala, mayor of Milan, released some statements on the sidelines of the provincial committee for public order and safety which took place in the Prefecture. The mayor of Milan also responded to the statements made by the Minister of Infrastructure Matteo Salvini regarding the new Milan stadium: "He said that you risk going to Sesto San Giovanni because the Municipality has wasted time: the Municipality has not lost a day of time. It took us two years to find an agreement with the teams on volumes ".

Screenshot_20221105-205720_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I read in an editorial on TuttoMercatoWeb that it would cost us 95 million to sign Leao to a five year contract, if one includes bonuses, commissions, etc.. Last February supposedly he would have accepted 4 to 4.5 million to renew but Milan wanted to wait to follow his development before agreeing. After he won the League MVP Leao's price went up to seven, the same salary as Vlahovic and now even more, so these delays in making decisions continue to hurt us.
The writer, Andrea Losapio writes that If they don't come to an agreement by January they will sell him. Chelsea and City are interested with the former offering 120 millions or the inclusion of Broja in the deal. I love Leao but at that price I would let him go and get three good players with the money. Possibly Okafor and Susic from Strasburg and a good RW.
Yeah management really needs to bank on player growth and wrap these deals up earlier

If he doesn't renew before the WC 100% he needs to be sold before the season resumes

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Messiass, the king of scoring irrelevant goals after a terrible performance. :o

This is an ideal opportunity for players like Adli and Vranks to get a chance, or even Thiaw. At least one of them. But no, let's play fucking Messiass and same ol' 4231, mediocre 31yo winger need his playing time.

You can make subs in football.

leaf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Damn, Leao been flat for a while. Also, Mike's line is tragic.
I think Pioli’s tough love will work out
Leao will score two goals today

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Selling Leao in Jan will be suicidal.
If the replacement doesn't get going immediately, our attack becomes toothless.
People say we can sign Mudryk or Okafor or someone like that, but CDK episode should be the prime example that young players, however talented they are, will take time to adjust. And if the replacement takes 3-4 months to get going, we can forget the title and will struggle to finish top 4.
Unless we replace Leao with say Mane or Neymar or someone that good, there is no guarantee of them immediately clicking.
I hope he renews. Else sell him in summer, not Jan.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I read in an editorial on TuttoMercatoWeb that it would cost us 95 million to sign Leao to a five year contract, if one includes bonuses, commissions, etc.. Last February supposedly he would have accepted 4 to 4.5 million to renew but Milan wanted to wait to follow his development before agreeing. After he won the League MVP Leao's price went up to seven, the same salary as Vlahovic and now even more, so these delays in making decisions continue to hurt us.
The writer, Andrea Losapio writes that If they don't come to an agreement by January they will sell him. Chelsea and City are interested with the former offering 120 millions or the inclusion of Broja in the deal. I love Leao but at that price I would let him go and get three good players with the money. Possibly Okafor and Susic from Strasburg and a good RW.
120 m for a player with 1.5 years left of contract is a no brainer. Ship his ass right after he returns from Qatar.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People say we can sign Mudryk or Okafor or someone like that, but CDK episode should be the prime example that young players, however talented they are, will take time to adjust. And if the replacement takes 3-4 months to get going, we can forget the title and will struggle to finish top 4.
Unless we replace Leao with say Mane or Neymar or someone that good, there is no guarantee of them immediately clicking.
It's not ideal but this is not an ideal situation

Letting it drag to the summer increases the risk of getting lowballed or 100m+ asset leaving on a free

That would literally set Milan back years

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We can't afford to risk it. 1.5 years still give us some pull in the negotiations. We can easily ask for 80-90 m or more (depending on his WC performance), while in the summer we will be lucky to get 50-60 m or he may pull a Kessie.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Letting it drag to the summer increases the risk of getting lowballed or 100m+ asset leaving on a free

His deal runs out in 2024. We will not get 100 million but we will get atleast 70 given the likes of City, Real, Chelsea and United are linked.
This guy is not like Hakan.. everyone wants to sign him.
I am worried that if we sell him in Jan to get 20 million more but it might end up costing us a top 4 spot and eventually 60 million in CL revenue.

chukwuma philip

Primavera
Reaction score
Having one canine (Leao) without molars and premolars is by itself useless

Just joking 😂😂😂🤣🤣
Truly selling the kid in January Will be a problem no matter who replaces him. You don't expect Neymar to gel with the team from the get go

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
There's not only a user bias but the whole top 3 ranking system is biased by design if you want to analyse performance. Because the ranking doesn't reward consistent performance.

Some guy could be the 4th best player every match and not get into top 3 even once. And you will find ballo toure get in ahead of them because of one late goal.
You basically trashed his hard work
This is evil 😭

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His deal runs out in 2024. We will not get 100 million but we will get atleast 70 given the likes of City, Real, Chelsea and United are linked.
This guy is not like Hakan.. everyone wants to sign him.
I am worried that if we sell him in Jan to get 20 million more but it might end up costing us a top 4 spot and eventually 60 million in CL revenue.
You get 30-40m less yeah but the risk of him pulling a Kessie/Dollar goes up

Which Milan will not recover from for some time

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

They could sell him in winter but do a deal to keep for the rest of the season...

By the way, Okafor is more of a fwd than winger. As a winger he's not that special. To replace Leao, the team would need someone like Mudryk or maybe Gakpo. Then if one of them is even almost as good as Leao the team can make it up by strengthening other positions.

Though with Milan's revenue increasing, hopefully they can renew Leao as well as make other positions stronger!

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
You would think the massive decline of Italian football on the club and international level would wake these guys up

Can't wait for SESTO and leaving this clown with an Inter unable to pay rent
San Sesto is sounds cooler than San Siro 🤞:D

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score

why..?
milan has a clearl history of buying undervalued players for cheap that gradually increased in market share
if will look bad and won't advance us funding/reputation wise, but set back years...

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You get 30-40m less yeah but the risk of him pulling a Kessie/Dollar goes up

Which Milan will not recover from for some time
I am not worried about Kessie saga happening here because with Kessie, Maldini waited too long and we only came to know he will not renew by Nov-Dec 2021 and it was too late. But with Leao, by Jan itself we will know if he is going to renew or not, and will have a full summer to sell him.
I understand your opinion. May be you all are confident that we can get CL spot even without Leao.
But I looked at the table and with 1/3 season gone, we are closer to Juve at 8th than Napoli at first. Mind you Juve has been so bad and they can only improve in 2nd half with Pogba and Chiesa. Inter are finding form as well.
With Leao, I am confident of a top 2 finish for sure and even the title.
Without him, we will struggle to make top 4.
I personally would not risk selling last season MVP in the middle of the season.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

If team, Rafa has indeed refused the generous direct 1 on 1 offer from one Mr Paolo Maldini. Then it's not looking good. They will not commit to a 5-year term, as they clearly believe the opportunity to earn more elsewhere exists. The club should be well aware of Leao's current market.

If management truly rates current Leao, offer a 2 yr extension that matches Theo's salary. The best way to protect the club and allow Leao a future opportunity that benefits both the player and Milan financially. Milan comes before any player, always and forever.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
why..?
milan has a clearl history of buying undervalued players for cheap that gradually increased in market share
if will look bad and won't advance us funding/reputation wise, but set back years...
Leao is really Milan's only creative outlet and is responsible for the majority of scoring chances. It took him ~3 years to get to this level and the guy who was providing while Leao was developing is nearing 30. The team does not play fluid attacking football, it very much relies on individual brilliance and atm it's all Leao and Theo. Imo, without those two given how the team is set up Milan would be scraping for top 4

Milan does not generate enough money organically to go into the market and replace Leao's contributions

If you lose Leao without getting the means to replace him, Milan goes from a title-contending side to a side fighting for the top 4 while his replacement develops and hopefully reaches Leao's levels again

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am not worried about Kessie saga happening here because with Kessie, Maldini waited too long and we only came to know he will not renew by Nov-Dec 2021 and it was too late. But with Leao, by Jan itself we will know if he is going to renew or not, and will have a full summer to sell him.
I understand your opinion. May be you all are confident that we can get CL spot even without Leao.
But I looked at the table and with 1/3 season gone, we are closer to Juve at 8th than Napoli at first. Mind you Juve has been so bad and they can only improve in 2nd half with Pogba and Chiesa. Inter are finding form as well.
With Leao, I am confident of a top 2 finish for sure and even the title.
Without him, we will struggle to make top 4.
I personally would not risk selling last season MVP in the middle of the season.
It isn't really all about Maldini though

Look I like Leao as a character and trust he wouldn't do this, but what if he fully pulls a Kessie? Kessie denied a move to Spurs so he could join Barca for free and get a fat signing bonus. I mean Mbappe was rumored to sign for Madrid for free with a 100m signing bonus until PSG offered him 250m+ or w/e. Leao would be in a similar position

With 100m+ I'm confident Milan will find the quality of players to get top 4

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
If management truly rates current Leao, offer a 2 yr extension that matches Theo's salary. The best way to protect the club and allow Leao a future opportunity that benefits both the player and Milan financially. Milan comes before any player, always and forever.
There's no guarantee that Team Leao will be willing to accept those terms. They could wait out the 1.5 years and then go off to the likes of City or PSG on a free, where the 30M sign on bonus goes directly to Team Leao or something like that.

Anyway... it's all media speculation at this point.
I don't know why but I'm actually pretty confident that Leao and Benny will re-sign with us. They seem to be kids who have good heads on their shoulders, unlike Frank and Hakan. And unlike most other teams out there, Milan is willing to take on the Sporting fine.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Do you ever see a 14 year old chipping a keeper like that? That requires real composure in the scoring position that even some of the Milan regular team players don't have!!

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
There's no guarantee that Team Leao will be willing to accept those terms. They could wait out the 1.5 years and then go off to the likes of City or PSG on a free, where the sign on bonus goes directly to Team Leao or something like that.

Anyway... it's all media speculation at this point.
I don't know why but I'm actually pretty confident that Leao and Benny will re-sign with us. They seem to be kids who have good heads on their shoulders, unlike Frank and Hakan.

Sure. That would then clearly confirm that team Leao only had the sign-on bonus in mind. The worst possible outcome for Milan.

There's currently a lack of belief on both sides of the negotiating table regarding future value and ROI.

Last edited:

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It isn't really all about Maldini though

Look I like Leao as a character and trust he wouldn't do this, but what if he fully pulls a Kessie? Kessie denied a move to Spurs so he could join Barca for free and get a fat signing bonus. I mean Mbappe was rumored to sign for Madrid for free with a 100m signing bonus until PSG offered him 250m+ or w/e. Leao would be in a similar position

With 100m+ I'm confident Milan will find the quality of players to get top 4
We tried to sell Kessie in Jan window where clubs try to buy only if they are in urgent need of a fix. It is difficult to sell in Jan window with such a short time and interested clubs only had to wait 6 months to get him.
Clubs interested to sign Leao in the summer can get him to join them for pre season and then get going next season itself rather than waiting to get him for free. They can sign him outright rather than risk someone paying more agent fees in the last minute and hijacking the deal.
We can start negotiating with City or Chelsea from Feb onwards and agree a deal. So I am not worried that he will leave for free. There will be a drop in price but if he has a brilliant second half of the season, with one or two great matches in CL, we might get even more money in summer than in this Jan.

If, as you said , we sell him and get 100 million, we also will not be able to reinvest properly in the smaller Jan window. Clubs will know that we are desperate. Just like 40 million;worth Antony became 90 million Antony, or 50 million worth Dembele cost 100 million, we will be ripped.

We can agree to disagree. I understand the PTSD in the forum due to Dollar/Hakan/Kessie sagas. I prefer taking the risk to challenge for 2nd star.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Do you ever see a 14 year old chipping a keeper like that? That requires real composure in the scoring position that even some of the Milan regular team players don't have!!

I hope this guy turns out to be our version of Messi, a generational talent from our own academy.
Hope we are atleast a top 10 team in Europe by the time he is ready to debut for us so that the likes of City/Real will not be able to snatch him from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule