Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You totally misread that
Bennacer was supposed to be one of the group of players that wasnt greedy and was going to renew easily.

I'm still not sure what his angle is and what he thinks he can get - personally I dont see an argument for him being paid on par with Theo.

I think Benny is as important to our current squad as Theo and Leao. Even more important than Tonali. You can clearly see the difference this year when we're playing without him.

That's how highly I think of Bennacer.

Yet, it's true that he shouldn't get payed more than Theo. I have no idea what the current status of the negotiations are. But given that he has proceeded to negotiate with Maldini for weeks even after he sacked his agent lets me tend to believe that in principle he wants to stay so the renewal is only a matter of time.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I've said before that I think Ben is worth around 4 million to this team... We hear that's roughly the offer he's been made. I hope he signs, but if not he's welcome to leave.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I may have texted some people that he will be really good if we can teach him how to defend
atl-chain.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Theo on nis next contract would get 6-7 mil. Around 4-4.5 mil is a normal salary for a player like Bennacer. Milan can't keep the same salaries of 2-3 years ago when they weren't a CL team. If the team grows bigger, the salaries have to grow along with it.
The finance guys who bought us never thought about raising salaries of players, we should message them, and Maldini.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, Bennacer leaving might be worth it if I don’t have to read any more ash ish comments about him.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I think Benny is as important to our current squad as Theo and Leao. Even more important than Tonali. You can clearly see the difference this year when we're playing without him.

That's how highly I think of Bennacer.

Yet, it's true that he shouldn't get payed more than Theo. I have no idea what the current status of the negotiations are. But given that he has proceeded to negotiate with Maldini for weeks even after he sacked his agent lets me tend to believe that in principle he wants to stay so the renewal is only a matter of time.
For me, Theo and Mike are in a different class - I said it earlier this year during the group stage.

But to be clear - I much prefer he stays and gets paid (even if its on par with Theo) than lose him and wait for another to become good.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The finance guys who bought us never thought about raising salaries of players, we should message them, and Maldini.

I'm sure they did! And it should happen! Then you here someone here saying that Bennacer shouldn't make as much as Theo!! Was pointing out that Theo salary is not that high and one his next contract should get maybe 6-7 mil ! Around 3-4 mil is the minimum salary for a starter at a big team playing in the CL every year, in one of the big 4-5 leagues.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So youve been there for +3 years now performing well atleast last 2 years (core cm), and got paid lesser than dest or theo? Toxic company, revolt benn.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So youve been there for +3 years now performing well atleast last 2 years (core cm), and got paid lesser than dest or theo? Toxic company, revolt benn.
Don't think anyone is trying to under pay him with the contract on the table currently?

A lot simply depends on Ben's wants and desires... No one knows how this will go currently.

I'm calma, what will be will be...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
You totally misread that
Bennacer was supposed to be one of the group of players that wasnt greedy and was going to renew easily.

I'm still not sure what his angle is and what he thinks he can get - personally I dont see an argument for him being paid on par with Theo.
Well theo is underpaid

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well theo is underpaid
He's get Maldini's love... That shit is priceless!!!

Why don't people get this!!!!

4 million plus a father figure, Paolo fucking Maldini no less... Theo is winning at life, I know he's doing just fine!

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
it’s doesn’t change the fact that he is underpaid. So we shouldn’t really base other players salary requests on his

Maldini just been lucky with that one

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Don't think anyone is trying to under pay him with the contract on the table currently?

A lot simply depends on Ben's wants and desires... No one knows how this will go currently.

I'm calma, what will be will be...
Core guys like theo, benn, leao, tomori and mike should on the same payment scheme, i mean immediate pay rise and schedule, tolerance maybe only hundred bucks or a miliion.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Well well well

He was sort of rushed back. You can see him grimacing and struggling all game last game before he was subbed.

There were reports he was hurt after their first game and that he took off from training before the game against Ghana.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Core guys like theo, benn, leao, tomori and mike should on the same payment scheme, i mean immediate pay rise and schedule, tolerance maybe only hundred bucks or a miliion.
Theo is a bargain currently, and I do suspect he'll get a pay rise, and soon!

His wage just doesn't hold any relevance to Ben or Leao... If Leao signs for 6.5 millon, would Theo deserve that, yea.

Ben's 4/4.5 contract is a separate conversation regardless...

There are so many factors relating to individual contracts, what he or she gets might be a factor, but it's not the be all and end all.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Theo is a bargain currently, and I do suspect he'll get a pay rise, and soon!

His wage just doesn't hold any relevance to Ben or Leao... If Leao signs for 6.5 millon, would Theo deserve that, yea.

Ben's 4/4.5 contract is a separate conversation regardless...

There are so many factors relating to individual contracts, what he or she gets might be a factor, but it's not the be all and end all.
I see and agree with you and Sam's overall point.

Regardless of looking at how much other people are "worth". It's simple that the management offered what they think this player is worth, Theo and Calabria agreed. Bennacer and Leao wants more. Now we either meet that demand, or we start looking for replacements right away and try to arrange a solution that benefits everyone instead of being left in the dust like with Kessie and Hakan.

I don't agree with the assessment that Bennacer is absolutely a key player for this team. People make this statement followed by, "when we don't have him we look like crap". Well no shit, his replacement is Pobega and Vranckx. Is Bennacer more "irreplaceable" than Kessie before? Another one I've seen a lot is "He's a bigger contributor than Tonali" - yea... and that's been reflected in the offer we gave him (>2.5m - Tonali's contract).

If anything, our defense looking this bad is due to the lack of coverage from this duo currently. So I absolutely believe our management should be driving a tough negotiation, because to me Milan is first (just like my mans @Alo88 ). I don't want us to overpay for a player when he hasn't proven to be a good fit with our golden boy (who lowered his salary to prove himself here btw) and isn't having irreplaceable productions like Leao & Theo, just because he thinks he can get more elsewhere. If we look at last season, he struggled with consistency and was downright crap in some games. He had a couple of big goals and it seems all is forgiven, but I can't let that go. I know I am super biased against Bennacer so I will stop on this topic

Last edited:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
You totally misread that

My apologies if I misunderstood.

I like Bennacer a lot, but I love Milan a lot more. Same for Leao.

But none of these guys are above our structure, neither sporting or financial. Bennacer is a tenacious ball-winner and is great at breaking the press but doesn't have the strength to play long balls and switch play. Leao can't even shoot the ball and wants to be the highest paid player in Serie A?

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
If he isn't signing

it's safe to ask what he is worth

can we sell for 40 or 50 million ?

can we replace him with someone ?

theo really is a hero

Benny and leao have their reasons I'm sure, but they are playing games if they are not signing after weeks / months

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
@joyrider i picked up a 4 pack of " n'ice chouffe ", didn't realize it was 10%.....cotttdang! i would have guessed 6%, very impressive

brasserie-d-achouffe-n-ice-chouffe_1.jpg

god bless belgium, victory for you on thursday 🙏

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he isn't signing

it's safe to ask what he is worth

can we sell for 40 or 50 million ?

can we replace him with someone ?

theo really is a hero

Benny and leao have their reasons I'm sure, but they are playing games if they are not signing after weeks / months
Obviously no one is willing to pay the 50m since he already has that as his release clause.

35m should be reasonable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule