Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish I knew... 😭

Weird tournament, 3pts win, 1 pts drawn, 1 pts winning penalty when they happen regardless of result anyway.
They actually proposed this for the next World Cup. They haven't rejected the idea yet

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
wait, i thought tata fixed his eyes 👀
When he kicked the ball to the other team like an idiot. Kalulu came to the sideline to drink water, and you can tell he was muttering something under his breath, probably cursing him out. The defenders definitely don't like him.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Went to the Milan vs Arsenal match in Dubai the other day. And then read the headlines afterwards.

They keep praising Adli for that game and they even said Origi is showing good signs. Now, I'm unsure if none of those articles actually watched the game, but I can tell you that my evaluation in person was that neither played well.

Adli had 1 good ball to Origi, other then that very slow to make the right pass. Couple of players making runs were frustrated. He misplaced quite a few in general. He was active and all over the pitch in general but his decision making needs to be faster and more precise.
As for Origi, he ruined a few chances. And then at the end it looked like he got a calf injury. Lazetic looked good though.
Just before the play where he made a nice cross to Origi he tried to hit a long ball to Salad, hit it poorly and lost possession, then the resulting counter the player ran right past him and he didn’t tackle or impede him at all. Then he ran down the right and crossed a nice ball to Origi. No one talks about the first part…

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I find France haven't used Theo as effectively as they could have. He kept on making runs he makes for Milan but the ball wasn't played on for him on several occasions. Deschamps has played him more as an orthodox defender rather than an attacking wingback/defender. But yes his defending wasn't as solid as it has been for Milan. Still he has his first world cup goal and is playing for a world cup medal.
8 g/a in 12 France games. These are stats for a great striker.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
When he kicked the ball to the other team like an idiot. Kalulu came to the sideline to drink water, and you can tell he was muttering something under his breath, probably cursing him out. The defenders definitely don't like him.

Its been obvious for a while now. Since Kjaer got mad at him last season for not coming out. Or when Tata got mad for conceding.

They avoid passing the ball back to him at all cost.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Chelsea appear to have received a boost in their pursuit of Leao as, according to Sky Sports Germany – via Football Transfers – he is unwilling to pen a contract extension at AC Milan after they have failed to meet his demands.

Calciomercato have revealed that the Serie A giants are willing to sell the 23-year-old for £86million if he has not put pen-to-paper by the time the winter transfer window opens for business next month.

Journalist Simon Phillips has previously told GIVEMESPORT that Leao’s ‘head has been turned’ by Chelsea’s interest and, as a result, he has been keen to hold off committing his long-term future to AC Milan.

Bye Leao
He even followed Chelseas tiktok lol, and then unfollowed :proud:

Fuck it. Get the money and move on.

Sign a LW and RW with that money. will probably have enough money to get someone like Okafor on top of that. Mudryk/Okafor/Zyiech for example. not bad (on paper)

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
France play very pragmatic football, sitting back and defending a one goal lead.

I think theyre the better team, but Argentina and Messi have a lot of momentum right now. And they’ve also been getting a lot favoritism from refereeing.

This World Cup
Argentina - 4 penalties awarded (most)
France - 3 penalties conceded (most)

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
If we sell leao we would easily buy a lw and striker then we would dominate serie a for years to come
A lot of people seem to share your opinion that it’d be easy to find a Leao replacement and even expect to have money left to fix other holes in the squad.
The way I see it there are two plausible outcomes of Leao leaving for big money. One would be that the money is reinvested well, the new acquisitions (especially Rafa´s replacement) hit the ground running, the team is liberated from it´s Leao dipendenza allowing them to play attacking free flowing football that many of you for some reason already associate with Piolismo.
The other would be that our new signings would need some time to adapt and that Leao´s absence makes us comepletely toothless in attack until one or more of our players begin to consistently create goal scoring chances in abundance like Leao has done for the past 1,5 years.
I personally don´t have enough confidence in Piolismo that I´d wanna see this team play without it´s talisman.

The replacement we would get for Leao would be one that is less talented or has shown significantly less than Rafa has done. We´re gonna gamble on talent again and that´s fine. It´s the Elliott/Redbird way and now it´s the Milan way.
We could potentially do what Liverpool did with the money they got from Coutinho, however that shit´s extremely difficult to replicate. Realistically we would do what Spurs did with the Bale money = sell Elvis and buy the Beatles. Some will be hits and other misses (although come to think of it, only Eriksen really worked out from that bunch).

I´m being very pessimistic I know, but I´m actually not too bothered about it at all. I´m not as much in a rush to go conquer the world as many of you are, because I know it´s not realistic. I´ve made peace with the fact that Milan right now are years and years behind the top clubs.
We won a legendary Scudetto last year that I´ll never forget. We´re competing again this year although we play like shit and the chances of retaining our title are slim to say the least.
I think we´re on track, but I find it hard to agree with this widely accepted notion that "we will dominate Serie A for years to come." Where are you guys getting this from?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao´s importance shouldn't be overstated, he wasn't a starter for a good time of the current era and even now he has frequent off-games. Of course he is an excellent player but it is not like he cannot be replaced.

I love these reports. Basically saying that we are surprised that some highly rated players cost money and these same bastards even want to receive money monthly. Nobody wants to play for free nowadays :cry:

Kid plays in Ukrainian league, so he should be cheap, if he isn't it´s a bad deal.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Maldini telling he didnt called non bar leao says something to me.
Lets see maybe i am to optimistic.
the-office-michael-scott.gif

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao´s importance shouldn't be overstated, he wasn't a starter for a good time of the current era and even now he has frequent off-games. Of course he is an excellent player but it is not like he cannot be replaced.

Kid plays in Ukrainian league, so he should be cheap, if he isn't it´s a bad deal.

Biggest issue here is, Ukranian kid is not playing in serie A. Zyiech has no experience in serie A. Okafor (other potnetial signing) No experience in Serie A. All of these look great on paper, but adjusting to a new league mid season is not easy.

That can't be overlooked. Ideally if Leao leaves, we need a sure thing to replace him then sign 1-2 more players on top of that. I'm just unsure as to who could be a sure thing signing. Also, Leao leaving in January would make winning the league that much harder

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
A lot of people seem to share your opinion that it’d be easy to find a Leao replacement and even expect to have money left to fix other holes in the squad.
The way I see it there are two plausible outcomes of Leao leaving for big money. One would be that the money is reinvested well, the new acquisitions (especially Rafa´s replacement) hit the ground running, the team is liberated from it´s Leao dipendenza allowing them to play attacking free flowing football that many of you for some reason already associate with Piolismo.
The other would be that our new signings would need some time to adapt and that Leao´s absence makes us comepletely toothless in attack until one or more of our players begin to consistently create goal scoring chances in abundance like Leao has done for the past 1,5 years.
I personally don´t have enough confidence in Piolismo that I´d wanna see this team play without it´s talisman.

The replacement we would get for Leao would be one that is less talented or has shown significantly less than Rafa has done. We´re gonna gamble on talent again and that´s fine. It´s the Elliott/Redbird way and now it´s the Milan way.
We could potentially do what Liverpool did with the money they got from Coutinho, however that shit´s extremely difficult to replicate. Realistically we would do what Spurs did with the Bale money = sell Elvis and buy the Beatles. Some will be hits and other misses (although come to think of it, only Eriksen really worked out from that bunch).

I´m being very pessimistic I know, but I´m actually not too bothered about it at all. I´m not as much in a rush to go conquer the world as many of you are, because I know it´s not realistic. I´ve made peace with the fact that Milan right now are years and years behind the top clubs.
We won a legendary Scudetto last year that I´ll never forget. We´re competing again this year although we play like shit and the chances of retaining our title are slim to say the least.
I think we´re on track, but I find it hard to agree with this widely accepted notion that "we will dominate Serie A for years to come." Where are you guys getting this from?
You are totally right..... however I fancy our chances to actually improve without Leao IF....If we get someone like a Mudryk for the left, Okafor for the right and a solid midfielder. The Leao sale should fund most of it and if Redshit are even remotely serious about Milan, they will fund the rest

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Maldini better extend Theo or give him a new boat full of ladies.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The latest report says that Milan could ask for at least €80m in January if Chelsea make a move, slightly less than the €100m valuation that had been set. It remains to be seen if the Blues will now make their move next month.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

What the fuck is this shit

It will depend on the hype, timeline and money invested in it.
We have 2-3 years to build up. If there is a lot of money involved. We should definitely aim for it.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

But... When he wasn't a starter we didn't win

When he went super Saiyan we wrapped up the league and made all the bean counters look like geniuses.

All talent is expensive now and if EPL want them the price is higher - see Botman and CDK

If money is an issue then you are down further so we have to hope for Ziyech or else it's Adli and Thiaw level that will take however long to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule