Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Dear Chelsea FC,

I would recommend that you hire the greatest Italian Manager of all time, Mr. Marco Giampaolo

giampaolo-2-e1568662175714.jpg
That's explained his recent behaviour :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To hype the players up obviously.

I commented on a YT reel of that Asian (cant remember the nationality) CB/RB that some wanted here that went to Arsenal - I said the reel isnt showing the countless times he lost his man leading directly to goals and the author just liked it with no pushback.
Tomiyasu.

Bologna wanted 20m for him. Glad we passed.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This isn’t fair. Calabria was the one tasked with launching crosses. The rest of that list weren’t crossing, they were playing long cross field passes to a free player. You should know this.

I noticed that in previous games too. He does that so often that it must be Pioli who tasked him to do so. Where do I check the numbers? To me it felt like it's not working, his long balls aren't good enough to be the one tasked to take them. But maybe numbers are proving me wrong.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
One single game isn't sample enough for me to judge obviously, but to me I felt like Dest could better cope with Okafors trickery than Calabria, and people didn't just outpace him like it happens here and there to Calabria.

I want to see more of Dest before making a judgement tho.
He will probably start vs Sampdoria

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Salzburg played at their best probably and still had only 2-3 good chanches against us. They spend last 30 Minutes in their own half. And Milan didn't play their best game and still took a point, and could win, but Leao hit the post. So why should I be worried? Also Pobega played good game, just like a Dest with 2 trainings with the team.

Kalulu exept that one mistake had a good game.

These 4 days will be enough to rest and play well vs Sampdoria. And then again with 4 days between match vs Dinamo. We will win both of that matches.

We are strong team. We played 3 tough opponents already Inter, Atalnta and Salzburg and didn't lose.
And did anyone realized that to contain our underperformed players they forced to taking casualties of 2-3 player injured :D

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The thumbdowns and negative reactions flying in. I am really back home 😭😭

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
This isn’t fair. Calabria was the one tasked with launching crosses. The rest of that list weren’t crossing, they were playing long cross field passes to a free player. You should know this.
Are you sure? I feel like Maignan is often playing long, flighted, down-field passes that more frequently find their targets than Calabria. Our GK is better technically than one of our outfield players.

Its not the end of the world, Calabria brings other things to the table that are useful. But, to be our least athletic, least technical player and our captain is rough.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Do you think a back three with wingbacks in Theo/Dest/Saele could work? Pretty sure that could be attacking too with right mix of players. CDK could be slot anywhere in 3 pure attackers. Adli can be in a mid attacking role. We are pressing high up the pitch anyway.
I think this team could ball out in a 3-4-3. Tomori and Kalulu are both made for a 3 back system, especially Kalulu. Theo is an excellent LWB in a 4 man mid as shown in his France outings. We have two or 3 players who can do RWB in Alexis, Dest, and Calabria. It also makes it so the CF can move from the center and be more mobile which suits a player like CDK.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Calm please. No game in the CL is going to be easy and I doubt anyone expected RB Salzburg to roll over. They played well as expected.

I suspect that the disappointment for many is that certain aspects and players of Milan’s usual game were off on the night and small errors were made a bit too often.

The passing in the final third wasn’t as sharp as usual and just silly errors were made throughout. I have no doubt the players and Pioli will want to amend their own performances.

A draw away to Salzburg is not a disaster the key thing is to win all your home games and take as many away points as possible. If you can win away too wonderful but the home sides do not want to lose games.

I emphasise it was some lacklustre performances that disappointed not the result. And some of the play that is usually sharper was just off on the night. No meltdown required.
I knew beforehand that RB Salburg is a young and talented team with many of their players shortlisted by many big clubs. But what I am disappointed with is Pioli, the pressing intensity and the fast tempo from our opponent has cause Milan to play a different game from what we are used to, this cause Milan to make numerous amateur mistakes. I thought that Pioli said that they have studied RB Salburg well and yet this happened. Going forward, in UCL, every top team will press us with the same intensity and if we cant find an answer to break their pressing then we are going nowhere in CL.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I knew beforehand that RB Salburg is a young and talented team with many of their players shortlisted by many big clubs. But what I am disappointed with is Pioli, the pressing intensity and the fast tempo from our opponent has cause Milan to play a different game from what we are used to, this cause Milan to make numerous amateur mistakes. I thought that Pioli said that they have studied RB Salburg well and yet this happened. Going forward, in UCL, every top team will press us with the same intensity and if we cant find an answer to break their pressing then we are going nowhere in CL.
They stopped pressing us after 20 minutes because when they did we cut them to shreds.

It was our poor passing and execution that allowed Salzburg to survive. Poor passing that usually did not come from pressure.

Salzburg are a good team, but we forced them to sit back and counter for most of the game when they recognized what would happen if they kept doing that: we would carve them open.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They stopped pressing us after 20 minutes because when they did we cut them to shreds.

It was our poor passing and execution that allowed Salzburg to survive. Poor passing that usually did not come from pressure.

Salzburg are a good team, but we forced them to sit back and counter for most of the game when they recognized what would happen if they kept doing that: we would carve them open.

Milan passing in the 1st half was still not bad. The 2nd half was very messy. Maybe it was fatigue and also having to sub a tired Bennacer for Pobega.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Ben & Tona arent dictating tempo as they should.
Thats a main reason why this team need an Adli/Hakan type more than a CDK/Diaz.
exactly. This is why I'm utterly befuddled by the claims that CAM was priority.
For ME it was always a cf and rw.....THEN CB.
So I was thinking that Pioli would try to use Adli as Xavi type....very attacking CM.

But CDK's arrival has thrown a wrench into Piolissimo

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
That was also spent last year, right?

I’m not saying RW is perfect as it is, but I’m also fully on board with getting CDK first. I guess I shouldn’t have said AM was a bigger problem, but i am fine we addressed it first. I think it’s more crucial overall
Both were problems, but if we were only going to get one, AM was the priority (given how Pioli plays). We should have gotten both, but ...

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Both Diaz & CDK have the characteristics of SS. They were signed to dribble and score. Milan also thought about Messias as AM only then realized that he can’t pass.

With Hakan Milan had 3 midfielders, now we have 2.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Are you sure? I feel like Maignan is often playing long, flighted, down-field passes that more frequently find their targets than Calabria. Our GK is better technically than one of our outfield players.

Its not the end of the world, Calabria brings other things to the table that are useful. But, to be our least athletic, least technical player and our captain is rough.
👏

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
I'm not sure what the plan is for Adli, and I'm not sure what our plan is for CDK long-term.

Papaberlu brought up an important point: we're playing CDK like we play Brahim. Our best period of play was with Krunic, who could pass the ball well enough, but still offered cover and would drop to link play--and was great in the press. Adli seems to do all of this, plus he has a far better range of passing.

I think they are waiting for the RW they really want, I fear that is Zaniolo, to be honest. My dream is a healthy Chiesa.
Assuming Chiesa comes back at a decent level he will cost, and it is money going to Rube.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan passing in the 1st half was still not bad. The 2nd half was very messy. Maybe it was fatigue and also having to sub a tired Bennacer for Pobega.
No, it wasn't bad. I think the second half was just Salzburg holding on.

Pobega did very well, he wasn't the problem. I think Rebic and Krunic being injured hurt our subbing options.

Adli would have done better than Brahim, I know that in my bones.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Assuming Chiesa comes back at a decent level he will cost, and it is money going to Rube.
In my fantasy world Allegri and Chiesa have a falling out, and they misdiagnosed his knee problem, but Maldini takes a risk, 25m transfer, and it works out gloriously as Chiesa turns into a monster as Leao and Chiesa become this 1-2 punch like Sheva and Pippo, and in documentaries about their time together, after lifting 27 CL titles in a row, Maldini talks about how they knew his knee would be fine and that Allegri made a huge mistake.

Yknow, nothing specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule