• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I love Caol Ila, but I've never tasted Longrow. I will definitely try it. Maybe the next bottle I buy. Will let you know what I think! ;)

What's the name of your bar?
Never Really Here Liquor Lounge 😉

But don't tell anyone, it's a legit speakeasy haha ✌️

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
As regards #Bennacer and its renewal: the former agent pushed to take him away, he always gave priority to staying at #Milan . Constant work between #Maldini , #Massara and Enzo #Raiola to please the player @MilanNewsit

Happy with the renewal, but I’m pretty concerned with the 50m clause. the existence of it and the fact that it hasn’t been removed or increased. Makes me think that Isma wants to stay but has some doubts over the medium/longer term ambition of the project.

I suppose Isma can always refuse a foreign destination if the times comes, if we continue on the trajectory that we hope and expect.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Happy with the renewal, but I’m pretty concerned with the 50m clause. the existence of it and the fact that it hasn’t been removed or increased. Makes me think that Isma wants to stay but has some doubts over the medium/longer term ambition of the project.

I suppose Isma can always refuse a foreign destination if the times comes, if we continue on the trajectory that we hope and expect.
Release clauses are always in favor of the player. A silly high clause (like Leao) just means it’s never really a viable option, but a reasonable one like Ismaels is an escape hatch for him. I don’t think it’s because he doesn’t believe in the project (he wouldn’t renew if he didn’t) but he wants to keep his options open if an opportunity presents itself that he can’t say no to. He’s a much more appealing option for Liverpool for example at 50m than Enzo at 100m, as long as he can prove he’s a better or just as good a player. In any case it’s always a win for us, he plays good enough to justify a team dropping 50m lump sum and we get paid that early in a window.

Very happy with the renewal, and can’t wait for Leao to put pen to paper too. We’ll probably see most of the core keep getting better for the next 4 years. As long as we add a key piece every year we’ll end up with a team good enough to win the CL. It’s happening.

And yes, CDK is the piece for summer 2022.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Was vranckx injured? Why wasn’t he playing more minutes?
He is 6 feet and have some weight that’s why he looked short. Strong player with some aggression. Somebody give me a scoring report on him. On YouTube I can see him wearing Seahawks Fluorescent jersey and playing like number 8.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Was vranckx injured? Why wasn’t he playing more minutes?
He is 6 feet and have some weight that’s why he looked short. Strong player with some aggression. Somebody give me a scoring report on him. On YouTube I can see him wearing Seahawks Fluorescent jersey and playing like number 8.
He’s great! No doubt we’re using that option for 12m. Perfect for the Kessie as AM role. Looking forward to seeing us play 433 with him behind CDK as a false 9. That’s how we ended the Salernitana game after Giroud came off. I think it can work.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
He’s great! No doubt we’re using that option for 12m. Perfect for the Kessie as AM role. Looking forward to seeing us play 433 with him behind CDK as a false 9. That’s how we ended the Salernitana game after Giroud came off. I think it can work.

I’m not sure about that. The Leao/Giroud partnership is way too important for our set up. We rely a lot on them on the attack. Their chemistry and linkup play is too good and Giroud always comes clutch in the big game for us.

What I think could work really well is a 4-3-3 with Saele as the Mezzala(RCM) and CDK as the pure attacking RW. CDK and Saele interchanged roles Vs Salertinata I noticed and I think it worked good.

For the 9 I think we stick to Giroud until we get someone better in the summer.

I do want to see more of Vrancxx though don’t get me wrong, but as a Tonali/Bennacer sub. 3rd midfield would be nice but I think Giroud should still be the main 9

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Juventus winning so many 1-0 matches infuriates me
Yeah does cunts are creeping closer and closer to being title contenders.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Just watching moving day.

moving-goalpost.gif
Gold :lol:

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
are u actually ******** :lol:

The clause hasnt been raised cause its obviously a demand from bennacer and his agent ...thats why its so low :lol:
This is so he can fuck off when he gets tired of Pioli and Serie A and wants higher level of play wich is inevitable (like leao)
Do u understand how relause clauses works?

@papaberlu sorry mate i was rude
i mistook u for another person <3

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Sissoko was trying to move Bennacer all summer long against his own will. It resulted in Benny giving Sissoko the boot and hiring Enzo Raiola instead to negotiate the renewal. This version has been reported by many reliable sources, Vitiello being one of them.

I think if Bennacer would have wanted to move rather sooner than later, he wouldn't have renewed. He still had two years on his contract and the very same clause. Apparently if @yungeddy is to be believed he was always only a call away from City, Arsenal or Liverpool. With a renewal now he's become also a little less attractive target because if he moves he'll ask for another payrise.

To me him sacking Sissoko and renewing is a strong signal for Milan. But as @brk said, a 50M clause that is to be paid in one instance and can only be activated before the 1st July of each year is not only his way of keeping all options open but also a very strong assurance for us too.

In the end, both Milan and Bennacer met in the middle of their respective demands. It's a good, strong partnership and I don't expect him to leave this or even next year already, because strategic wise, he would be better off not renewing if that was his intention.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
Why would the management and sporting staff want to keep him if it didn't plan to give him that chance? Doesn't make sense to me. My best guess is Kerkez didn't want to fight with FBT for a reserve spot but guaranteed regular playing time. On the otherside the management didn't want to rely on a 17 years old Primavera boy if Theo would get hurt for a longer period. And it's not like it broke the bank to get a high profile name that made clear Kerkez wouldn't ever see the green of the grass even if Theo would be out.

How did Raiola always say? It takes two for a marriage. Kerkez and Milans plans didn't align, so we parted ways. Nothing too dramatic.
This.

Hindsight is 20-20. Should we have started the season with no backup for Theo other that an unproven primavera kid?

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
but Inter are our biggest rivals and scudetto contenders this season

meme_kid.jpg
Would not count them out yet. Or Rube. They can always count on refs. That said, I don't think either will win scudetto. It's us or Napoli.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Enter Malick Thiaw 2023/2024.
I would love that. If he ends up being the tall fast defender that can save us in a low block against teams they will dominate us away from home? I’ll be very happy.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the deal Bennacer will be 29, that’s something also to consider when it comes to the release clause, usually the highest fees are payed for somewhat young players and Bennacer is already at the upper end of age-bonus territory.

Enzo or Tonali are considerably younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule