• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Nothing serious I hope. Feel better!
Just the flu. Watched the replay and it made me feel even more sick. :rollseyes:

3 years? Bro that’s insane dedication, respect.

I miss Milan matches every second week 🤣🤣 but okay I guess I have the timezone excuse

Get better soon
Thank you. Yeah, I'm 1 hour behind so timezone isn't an issue. Some of you guys show more dedication by being up in the middle of the night to watch Milan... just to lose to Torino.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
City against chelsea gaf 9 shots...7 on goal and 4 clear cut chances

Thats how u do it
Even yesterday when City got beat 2-0 you could still see they created clear chances and other opportunities where the right patterns were run but passes were just off.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
I'm ill and missed my first match in ~3 years. Of course it had to be an extra time loss to Torino at home who we face pretty much every year in Coppa and dominate. Sorry for letting you all down. :(
Nothing to apologise for my friend I hope you feel better wrap up and sweat the flu out of you (ginger and lemon tea with honey etc) you share links willingly we are always grateful.
Maybe it's me not bothering too much about Coppa Italia anyway. I think the match yesterday wasn't that terrible. I recognize tho that I see everyone (the medias, RnB, but also my usual podcasts) freaking out like the end of the world so I guess this really is me on copium, I don't know :lol:.

That being said, I didn't think the 3-5-2 experiment was too bad. Even with all the 2nd lines. In fact I liked our 1st half way better then when our starters came back and we reverted back to our 4-2-3-1 – not quite shure what to make of it. Nevertheless I can't barely think of big chances Torino created. It was basically us vs. Milinkovic-Savic for 120 minutes, especially after that red card Torino parked the bus with 10 men behind the line... Of course that was their plan - sit it out and pray for that one counter where your fresh legs finally can outrun the tired legs of Kalulu/Tomori. And that's exactly what happened.

I don't think we struggled in creating, but in finishing, which is a problem we're carrying the whole season already, so no big news here. We had 34 (!) vs. 11 shots, maybe some kind of new record. Whatever, I haven't seen any new problems yesterday we didn't knew about before. I haven't seen everything being awful neither tho. I liked Saele very much once again, as Diaz, Vranckx and Dest. Even Tata got his act together for once. And since it's "only" Coppa Italia, I don't feel like loosing too many thoughts about that. Not winning the Roma match tortures me way more. Coppa, as long as it's no final or a derby, I'm just like "meh, we march on."

The actual bad news for me is more how Maldini talked about categorily outruling any new arrivals this mercato anyway. Not that I expected any big moves. But seeing how categorily Maldini ruled out any move - uff, that's a bummer.
Coppa is meaningless for me so I’m not at all worried about elimination it was disappointing to lose but it’s not an important competition. What is required now is the team really need to get their collective team game together. In all areas of the pitch. They have to score when they create chances, limit the opponents opportunities and close the game out far more comfortably.

Every player has to collectively raise their game it is a major set back losing Mike but either Vasquez or Tata have to step up, the defence need to offer them better protection and players cannot be losing the man they are marking.

Pioli also needs to rotate players more and trust other players more - but those players have to deliver too! otherwise players will burn out and Mike won’t be the only key absentee.

I’m still optimistic Forza Milan ⭐⭐

Last edited:

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even yesterday when City got beat 2-0 you could still see they created clear chances and other opportunities where the right patterns were run but passes were just off.

They had some chances but zero shots on goal. Can’t believe how badly they got dominated yesterday.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
They had some chances but zero shots on goal. Can’t believe how badly they got dominated yesterday.
Yes but Julian Alvarez just missed connection with a cross, Haaland was close to a header and Gungdogan (sp) dragged his shot wide off a slick move.

Even in a game where they played badly you could see what they tried to do when they attacked.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
CMIIW, but wasn't yesterday the second time this season Pioli fields a 3ATB from the start? First time was Cremonese 0-0.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes but Julian Alvarez just missed connection with a cross, Haaland was close to a header and Gungdogan (sp) dragged his shot wide off a slick move.

Even in a game where they played badly you could see what they tried to do when they attacked.
I'm not gonna argue against City. They are brilliant (especially this year) and on another level to us, all things considered. So I agree with you are are saying about them. They may not get a result, but the quality is always consistently there.

You could say the (similar) about Milan in Serie A, without the consistency part (and this is very important). This is what we are missing. Giroud scuffed a shot yesterday. CDK had one straight at the keeper right from the 18 with a clear lame to goal and hit the post in the 1st half, Leao went off balance in the most decisive moment a couple times in the 2nd half, Theo had 2 fly really close to the post, Calabria one straight at the keeper, etc. Against Roma, it was very similar. Less clear chances on goal,l compared to Salerniata for example, but domination in the field, some great moves up until the final pass/shot...and than collapse in 5 minutes (mostly on set pieces and not necessarily field dominance). Against Salernitana, we should have actually been up by 5 at halftime seeing as we missed 3 1v1s with the GK.

I am not comparing Milan with City currently. The difference in quality is there for all to see. But the mood swings we see from our fans here are crazy. A loss (or a tie), no matter what the circumstances, type of game, on field display, etc, etc.....is immediately deemed as the apocalypse for Milan. For Pioli. For Maldini.

My point is, that you actually bring up a good point with City. They lost, but there was still this quality and intent. Very reasonable to say. So why are people not saying the same about Milan? I know things were bad against Torino. No point hiding it. This is where that "consistency" part comes in that I was talking about earlier. Even if, to be honest, we were still better, much better than Torino on the whole. But let's look at Roma. Again, it was apocalyptic in here and many people didn't take the sensible approach that you just brought up about City. Didn't matter that we dominated for 85 minutes and had good, quality moves throughout. None of it mattered. Immediately it went to "we will fall out of the top 4" even.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Making 34 shots is not a hard thing to do especually against low block italian trash team

Statistics say there werr only 2 clear cut chances..34 shots
They dont know what the fuck to do

Its called faux football

It doesn't say a lot about the quality of the chances but it says that we're getting in shooting positions and still can't score. The same happened against Salernitana and Roma. It's a big problem Pioli has to adress with his players.

We too allowed Torino only one clear goal scoring opportunity, not like eighthundred, but that was sufficient for them to win. And it has been a bit the story of our entire season so far: our opponents need way less opportunities than us to score, we don't even allow that much per game but the little we do hurts us in a big way. Pioli has to find out why and how our players can be more prolific in front of the goal, especially when we seemingly don't struggle too much to get in good positions.

Now this is not me saying we dominated Torino and should have scored eight goals like against Salernitana... I know some are eager to draw this conclusion from my post so please don't.

I liked it as well and don't really get the negativity towards the 3-5-2. I´d really like to see it with more A players, especially Theo on the left. What I liked about it is the increased width it provided (width imo was a problem after the switch to 4-2-3-1) and that we interpreted it more aggressively with the 6 most attacking players pressing and rotating and not like a closing out formation. It also helped in defensive transition after some quirks in the beginning since a player (Vranckx) dropping back could quickly turn it into a 4 atb.

It won't be a miracle solution but could help with some problems and imo it was the right choice to use this match for some experimenting.

Yeah I feel you. We dominated Salernitana and yet couldn't close the match until we almost shat the bed. We dominated Roma and drew with two goals (!) from two setpieces (!) in (almost) extratime. We pretty much controlled the game against Torino with the 2nd lines and 3-5-2 but began to struggle from the 70th minute onwards when Torino was one man down and Pioli began to bring all starters to kill off the game, mind you.

Do we have an attitude problem? Have our starters become too presumptuous? Arrogant? Take Calabrias most recent social media post as another hint. Pioli definitely has one or two things to figure out.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[...] But let's look at Roma. Again, it was apocalyptic in here and many people didn't take the sensible approach that you just brought up about City. Didn't matter that we dominated for 85 minutes and had good, quality moves throughout. None of it mattered. Immediately it went to "we will fall out of the top 4" even.

It's incredible how some people can come up with an infinite amount of excuses and context for all teams dropping points or failing to qualify for the next round or for breaching rules in football. But when it comes to Milan suddenly everything is black and white, doom and gloom, no context, no excuses, nothing, only pane and shame.

And when you're trying to give context for your own team you're suddenly labeled as acolyte, Gerrys spokesman, delusional twat who has lost any sense of objectivity because if you don't curse or freak out, you're simply not.

At least that's how it feels sometimes for me.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This could be a scudetto and CL progress decider unfortunately FML. Anyone know what is actually wrong with him? Man our luck with injuries is unreal, we just need to keep recovering guys and hope and pray
Our season was always hanging by his calf muscle.

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't say a lot about the quality of the chances but it says that we're getting in shooting positions and still can't score. The same happened against Salernitana and Roma. It's a big problem Pioli has to adress with his players.

We too allowed Torino only one clear goal scoring opportunity, not like eighthundred, but that was sufficient for them to win. And it has been a bit the story of our entire season so far: our opponents need way less opportunities than us to score, we don't even allow that much per game but the little we do hurts us in a big way. Pioli has to find out why and how our players can be more prolific in front of the goal, especially when we seemingly don't struggle too much to get in good positions.
nah bro
ur saying that cause we had alot of shots it means we got in good shooting positions
good shots from good positions ..they have a name for that..clear cut chances
The only stat u can say if people are bad finishers or not

Actually the fact we had so many shots and so little CCC indicate clearly they are headless chickens
Thats why i pulled up the pep game..its not about 9 shots..its about how these 3 (shots..shots on target and CCC) are in ratio to eachother

Shooting is not hard and a meaningless stat in most situations
Also we all saw the game yesterday and fell asleep...thats cause we barely had any good chances or any good attacking

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
nah bro
ur saying that cause we had alot of shots it means we got in good shooting positions
good shots from good positions ..they have a name for that..clear cut chances
The only stat u can say if people are bad finishers or not

Actually the fact we had so many shots and so little CCC indicate clearly they are headless chickens
Thats why i pulled up the pep game..its not about 9 shots..its about how these 3 (shots..shots on target and CCC) are in ratio to eachother

Shooting is not hard and a meaningless stat in most situations
Also we all saw the game yesterday and fell asleep...thats cause we barely had any good chances or any good attacking

How funny that you excluded this part from my post in your quote:

Now this is not me saying we dominated Torino and should have scored eight goals like against Salernitana... I know some are eager to draw this conclusion from my post so please don't.

So did we create 100 clear cut chances and should have scored more like against Salernitana? No! That's exactly what this part of my post was saying! I'm fed up with people taking my words and twisting them for the sake of the argument. Just like the last time I explicitly wrote in a post "I don't think spending an extra 25M would hurt us please keep that in mind" and then that person went on saying it seems as if I'm categorily against spending.

---

As for you feeling like we created nothing and couldn't get in good scoring positions - if that's how you felt, it's okay, you're legit opinion. My opinion remains that we had enough good chances to score (@nefremo counted many of them). They probably don't go in the statistics as clear cut chances. But it doesn't mean it's impossible to score from them. Southhampton yesterday beat City 2:0 despite zero clear cut chances as per statistics.

I feel like we had more than enough chances to score, even if you'll only allow CDKs post in the 1st half als valid chance, but couldn't. Once again we couldn't close a game that was totally winnable and we went on making us our life way more complicated than needed (the counter in 113th minute, Torino first and only CCC if you really want to emphasize on that and praise Torinos parking the bus tactics). This is a recurring problem of us and I wholeheartedly agree that Pioli and his staff have the responsibility of addressing and resolving it accordingly before it compromises our season even more.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not gonna argue against City. They are brilliant (especially this year) and on another level to us, all things considered. So I agree with you are are saying about them. They may not get a result, but the quality is always consistently there.

You could say the (similar) about Milan in Serie A, without the consistency part (and this is very important). This is what we are missing. Giroud scuffed a shot yesterday. CDK had one straight at the keeper right from the 18 with a clear lame to goal and hit the post in the 1st half, Leao went off balance in the most decisive moment a couple times in the 2nd half, Theo had 2 fly really close to the post, Calabria one straight at the keeper, etc. Against Roma, it was very similar. Less clear chances on goal,l compared to Salerniata for example, but domination in the field, some great moves up until the final pass/shot...and than collapse in 5 minutes (mostly on set pieces and not necessarily field dominance). Against Salernitana, we should have actually been up by 5 at halftime seeing as we missed 3 1v1s with the GK.

I am not comparing Milan with City currently. The difference in quality is there for all to see. But the mood swings we see from our fans here are crazy. A loss (or a tie), no matter what the circumstances, type of game, on field display, etc, etc.....is immediately deemed as the apocalypse for Milan. For Pioli. For Maldini.

My point is, that you actually bring up a good point with City. They lost, but there was still this quality and intent. Very reasonable to say. So why are people not saying the same about Milan? I know things were bad against Torino. No point hiding it. This is where that "consistency" part comes in that I was talking about earlier. Even if, to be honest, we were still better, much better than Torino on the whole. But let's look at Roma. Again, it was apocalyptic in here and many people didn't take the sensible approach that you just brought up about City. Didn't matter that we dominated for 85 minutes and had good, quality moves throughout. None of it mattered. Immediately it went to "we will fall out of the top 4" even.
I agree with most of this and truly only mentioned City because it was brought up and I stumbled across the highlights as I follow Julian Alvarez.

We were better than Torino but I guess the depression comes from how we looked in long stretches, like we didnt know what to do, how to attack. It seemed like every man for themselves.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
5-6 months for a recovery from a muscle strain :lol: Imagine the re-tards working in Pioli's team :lol:
You think there cud be sumthing more?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with most of this and truly only mentioned City because it was brought up and I stumbled across the highlights as I follow Julian Alvarez.

We were better than Torino but I guess the depression comes from how we looked in long stretches, like we didnt know what to do, how to attack. It seemed like every man for themselves.

Curiosly enough I felt that way more after we brought our 1st team and with Torino being one man down than before. You? It looked to me a little bit like we were too sure that the goal would come sooner or later, one way or another.

Before I liked our 3-5-2 better, but it seems that this opinion is almost mine exclusively 😅

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One important thing people have to note is that they are absolutely ravaged by injuries. At one point they were missing almost their entire starting 11. I agree that they won't be able to recoup any money on their older players but they're mostly signing young players.
You're excusing Chelsea's performances... because of injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule