The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What work from Gattuso ? Pioli replaced Giampaolo . Absolutely Pioli must be criticized ,last year scudetto is in the past now. We are playing like shit. Fans will always support the club no meter what ,but it's counterproductive to turn blind eye to this.
Giampaolo was here only for a short time. It was Rino's work.

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Shame Maldini didn't pull the plug before De Zerbi got hired
It is not Just pioli. Owners are incompetent , they are poor. Maldini is incompetent, transfers are total disaster , I wish we got a transfer ban last summer. We are not looking for good looking mamas boys , I wonder if cdk is a footballer . Ballo toure is a joke and doesn’t worth 5 m euros but he seems more footballer than cdk. Pioli this season is bad too. But even now if I rate these 3 responsible parties pioli is the most innocent. I watch football for 30 years and I follow 3/4 leagues this is by far the worst transfer window I have ever seen. Options used , players followed but not bought , players bought all wrong decisions. Cdk can’t play even in serie c. If all our summer transfers are somehow bought by cremonese depending of their performance we would say cremonese had a shit transfer window.
Even they overperform from now on and become 10/10 players for Gods sake it doesn’t explain Milan didn’t buy a 1 minute help from any transfer for this season.
I have zero confidence on mm. Even they get 200 m euro I don’t know if they can use it properly. I know you will not like this post but they spend 50 m Euro for Nothing. even a below average director with zero budget would sell some Players (for example rebic , pobega , seale) and create Funds and find just 1 (one ) , just 1 , just 1 i say again just ONE player to contribute (i dont Even mean first 11 , i mean maybe sub in for 3-4 games and help the team) this season
We are way weaker That last season. We lost kessie, we lost maignan , we lost ibra, welost Even krunic. Krunic is better and more useful than > cdk + origi + vranckx + thiaw + dest + messias (he was bought this year)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Far too many posters here perceive football as a video game controlled by a single player (coach). You folks heavily overestimate the role of a coach in football. How a team performs on the pitch depends on so many things, a small fraction of which can be attributed to the coach's abilities.

I think Pioli received too much praise when we won the league. He basically was reaping the rewards of the work done by Rino before him, and the natural progression of our young players, as well as chemistry development among them, which takes time.

Similarly, he is receiving too much criticism now for something that is beyond a coach's control.

In both cases, praisers and critiques are overreacting.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying coaches should never be criticized. They should. But in case of Pioli, he is not our biggest problem at the moment. I think we eventually need to upgrade over him. But before that, we need to resolve more important issues.

Even if we assume that Pioli is the biggest issue, we cannot afford to get a better coach. The club doesn't have money to even get a decent goalie. How can we pay for a top coach? So, please stop bitching and support your club. Fan support is crucial at this difficult moment.
You say many good things here but Pioli took over after Giampaolo destroyed us and played a totally different way to Rino so that part isnt accurate.

A coach has to set the tone for how we approach and interpret phases of the matches though and ever since we won the title that has not been the same. We started the season with a lack of attention to detail defensively but overall the passion and motivation remained and we kept getting points even though we werent playing as well but things kept deteriorating until where we are now.

If Ibra is the only one that can set the tone and hold people accountable in this group then we are in a sorry state because he has been with the team for most of the season and from the looks of it may not be back soon so if they have tuned him out then its up to Pioli to find another way or Maldini to find an alternative.

I always thought we would need a new coach to win CL, to truly succeed against the best and we all know I said plenty times that Pioli still needs to be given better players to work with before we truly judge him but I expected him to do well against our Serie A peers and in this moment it looks as if the group arent listening or arent motivated which falls squarely under the remit of the coach.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It is not Just pioli. Owners are incompetent , they are poor. Maldini is incompetent, transfers are total disaster , I wish we got a transfer ban last summer.
Take a deep breath, I understand this result is upsetting, but even so, this is a bit cringe.

We are not looking for good looking mamas boys , I wonder if cdk is a footballer . Ballo toure is a joke and doesn’t worth 5 m euros but he seems more footballer than cdk. Pioli this season is bad too. But even now if I rate these 3 responsible parties pioli is the most innocent. I watch football for 30 years and I follow 3/4 leagues this is by far the worst transfer window I have ever seen. Options used , players followed but not bought , players bought all wrong decisions. Cdk can’t play even in serie c. If all our summer transfers are somehow bought by cremonese depending of their performance we would say cremonese had a shit transfer window.
Really? Worse than this one?

1674081143616.png

Or this one? I haven't even gone further than the last decade :LOL:

1674081211765.png
Even they overperform from now on and become 10/10 players for Gods sake it doesn’t explain Milan didn’t buy a 1 minute help from any transfer for this season.
I have zero confidence on mm. Even they get 200 m euro I don’t know if they can use it properly. I know you will not like this post but they spend 50 m Euro for Nothing. even a below average director with zero budget would sell some Players (for example rebic , pobega , seale) and create Funda and find just 1 (one ) , just 1 , just 1 i say again just ONE player to contribute this season
We are way weaker That last season. We lost kessie, we lost maignan , we lost ibra, welost Even krunic. Krunic is better and more useful than > cdk + origi + vranckx + thiaw + dest + messias (he şaş bought this year)
There are some truths here but you are also missing a lot of nuance. Mistakes were made last summer however.

We agree on a lot of points but there's a lot of overreactions in your post.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calhanoglu : 'We ate them'

Bastoni : We had teeth poisoned by their celebration last year.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Far too many posters here perceive football as a video game controlled by a single player (coach). You folks heavily overestimate the role of a coach in football. How a team performs on the pitch depends on so many things, a small fraction of which can be attributed to the coach's abilities.

I think Pioli received too much praise when we won the league. He basically was reaping the rewards of the work done by Rino before him, and the natural progression of our young players, as well as chemistry development among them, which takes time.

Similarly, he is receiving too much criticism now for something that is beyond a coach's control.

In both cases, praisers and critiques are overreacting.

Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying coaches should never be criticized. They should. But in case of Pioli, he is not our biggest problem at the moment. I think we eventually need to upgrade over him. But before that, we need to resolve more important issues.

Even if we assume that Pioli is the biggest issue, we cannot afford to get a better coach. The club doesn't have money to even get a decent goalie. How can we pay for a top coach? So, please stop bitching and support your club. Fan support is crucial at this difficult moment.
A good coach doesnt cost much. And sometimes its good to change a coach with another mentality.
Besides if we have no money, why Maldini wanna spend 8m salary on Leao ?

Clubs have tons of money, but they just dont wanna spend it.
If Roma can afford Mourinho, Dybala etc, why Milan cannot spend ?
Spending 35m on cdk, but we have no money lol

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You say many good things here but Pioli took over after Giampaolo destroyed us and played a totally different way to Rino so that part isnt accurate.

A coach has to set the tone for how we approach and interpret phases of the matches though and ever since we won the title that has not been the same. We started the season with a lack of attention to detail defensively but overall the passion and motivation remained and we kept getting points even though we werent playing as well but things kept deteriorating until where we are now.

If Ibra is the only one that can set the tone and hold people accountable in this group then we are in a sorry state because he has been with the team for most of the season and from the looks of it may not be back soon so if they have tuned him out then its up to Pioli to find another way or Maldini to find an alternative.

I always thought we would need a new coach to win CL, to truly succeed against the best and we all know I said plenty times that Pioli still needs to be given better players to work with before we truly judge him but I expected him to do well against our Serie A peers and in this moment it looks as if the group arent listening or arent motivated which falls squarely under the remit of the coach.
Using wild's logic: if he hasn't done shit with 50m mercato squads, why the fuck would we give him 200m for mercato. I believe he originally said this about Maldini but it's the same with Pioli.

It's a bit unfair but that's the demand and constraints we as a team need to work with now. If he can't really adapt, we can't really afford to wait and let it get to the point where top 4 is in question.

I feel like it was a nice cycle we had, good for everyone. That's why I would prefer Pioli leaving on positive terms and us not in shambles. I think it's a shame they jumped the gun on giving him his renewal, we are now bound financially in terms of finding replacements.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calhanoglu : 'We ate them'

Bastoni : We had teeth poisoned by their celebration last year.
7cfb480c-4590-435a-866b-5d637751faca_text.gif

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pioli might not be perfect but seems pretty crazy to be pointing the finger at him. Transfers were awful and he does not have much to play around with. CDK is a bust so far but he is very young and I am willing to give him time, see Tonali. Problem is we are poor so we can't afford to drop 35 mill on a player and have him suck. I am sorry but Origi I could see coming from a mile away lol..that transfer was doomed from the get go. Letting Kessie leave with no replacement was awful. Relying on soon to be retired forwards and not fixing RW is criminal though.

Last edited:

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
We need a mobile and clinical striker who can take advantage of spaces. Someone who can punish poor positioning. We’re too easy to contain. Piss poor shooting and predictable passing takes out every good vertical movements that they do. Overpay in the striker if that’s what it takes to get the correct profile. That position tends to get overpaid anyways

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Hello all and @MilanMB i had to miss the game a good friend was in a serious accident (not of his making another careless stupid driver) so I was in the hospital. He had a lucky escape and while he is hurt badly he is alive and will recover.

I haven’t been reading posts on the game just checked the score. Disappointing but it is not a priority competition do yourselves a favour move on and forget the super coppa . So needless to say @MilanMB I won’t be voting on this one.

Milan have bigger objectives and I am extremely grateful a long time friend is alive and will recover.

Forza Life! 🙏🍀 Forza Milan ⭐⭐

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Total rubbish, if you can get a better manager do so, why see out this shit show. He will never take us higher. Be ready for further shit show games if you think this the way to go.
Fuck off.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Using wild's logic: if he hasn't done shit with 50m mercato squads, why the fuck would we give him 200m for mercato. I believe he originally said this about Maldini but it's the same with Pioli.
Lolol imagine United or Barca operating with those shackles.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Hello all and @MilanMB i had to miss the game a good friend was in a serious accident (not of his making another careless stupid driver) so I was in the hospital. He had a lucky escape and while he is hurt badly he is alive and will recover.

I haven’t been reading posts on the game just checked the score. Disappointing but it is not a priority competition go yourselves a favour move on and forget the super coppa . So needless to say @MilanMB I won’t be voting on this one.

Milan have bigger objectives and I am extremely grateful a long time friend is alive and will recover.

Forza Life! 🙏🍀 Forza Milan ⭐⭐
Indeed there are things in life that makes football meaningless, I'm happy that your friend is well and will recover.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lolol imagine United or Barca operating with those shackles.
Not just them.

Even West Ham, Everton, or EPL minnows have bigger budget.

That’s the playing field we are up against. So yea, room for error is really small if you set lofty ambitions such as competing in UCL in 3 years.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Trophyless season confirmed in mid January. I think this is a record at least since I've been watching. Probably last time it happened was innthe mid 80s. Another record broken by the bald genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule