• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think the zeitgeist of this forum is disappointing. All the despicable spineless usuals are having their heyday these weeks.

This team wasn't destroyed by the last three markets, rather it was restored through renewals. The core that ensured our current status, bar Leao, is renewed and ready. With Leao reportedly being on the cusp of a ground breaking renewal. We have chosen scouted talent as our squad players, at the risk of sudden reward. Maignans injury exposes a weakness that lingered, but it's not an overall excuse. What we need to regain is belief among our core, the players that won us Serie A. They're still here, bewildered and angry at the moment.

No one disagrees that an important mercato could've strengthened us, but if our Serie A winning management says that's not happening, why abandon the existing squad? Why channel energy into meaningless bickering about signings that it's been communicated isn't happening? The squad is strong enough to fight for the title when in form and confident. We are not yet dead by a longshot, let's get behind the boys.

Last edited:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Some delusional poster will says like :
1. We're still 2nd in serie A (well if we continue to have bad form like this, we probably will be out from top 4)
2. It was Mickey Mouse cup anyways
3. All that matters is financial stability, we cannot spend like man city. Even tho we zero tituli for 10 years, i'll accept it, if that means for financial stability (lol)
4. Adli thiaw vrancx are our savior and next Messi

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I think i can hate Inter a little less once they get rid of Calhanoglu
I doubt winning the Super Cup makes up for him losing Serie A.
He deserved the shit he got the way in which he left. Fuck him.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Noone gives a shit about this super cup. The problem is it's not going to get better like this.. my concern is the UCL only, and with such noob football it's not looking good.
But then again, why am I not surprised? We still have diaz as our starting cam and tata as our gk..

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We all mock Inter and how poor they are but I just noticed they’ve won a scudetto, Coppa Italia, Super Cup and made the Europa League final in Zhang’s tenure. Watch them somehow pull off the CL :lol:.

milan_rudi

Beginner
Reaction score
1. We're still 2nd in serie A (well if we continue to have bad form like this, we probably will be out from top 4)
3. All that matters is financial stability, we cannot spend like man city. Even tho we zero tituli for 10 years, i'll accept it, if that means for financial stability (lol)
Well for number 3 im still not understand how they want to have financial stability without stadium and selling the players with the right price..
Italy not england with this sh*t government and policy we wont be able to close the gap with EPL at least for 5-10 years.. the money gap just too far..
For me if you want financial stability then the option is like buy cheap sell expensive but i dunno if it still can get any major title..
But if we want to title contenders/protagonist in Italy once again then u need to keep spend.. everybody knows our right flank is a crap, our defense cant handle crossing ball, our mid sucks without someone who can cover alot of area (kessie) then buy the right profile not to be expensive but if you know they are good then spend on it not like "he is1 mil expensive than our budget we need to pass"..

Hopefully maldini still ambitious to bring back milan into top of Europe if he suddenly quit due to financial matter then good luck supporting milan like berlu in the end of his period hahaha

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Noone gives a shit about this super cup. The problem is it's not going to get better like this.. my concern is the UCL only, and with such noob football it's not looking good.
But then again, why am I not surprised? We still have diaz as our starting cam and tata as our gk..
In the past with Pioli it was one or two bad results and instantly responded. This period seems bottomless.

Poor Maldini bought one keeper who we still haven't seen yet and can't finalize the deal for the next when it seemed a few weeks ago they didn't want to play another match with Tata.

Then the outfield players appear to be just going through the motions. We have 1 striker, well really no strikers. As mediocre as Brahim is, he is the only spark currently. Truly depressing.

A month left to sort it out - Spurs tie and only 1pt ahead of fourth place rivals.
People talk about still a lot of time in the season but the group need to find a way back soon or it may quickly spiral.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
maybe giving maldini all the accessibility in the transfer market was a mistake and we should revert to the previous status where he had to authorize everything by gazidis?

surely a capable ownership should consider that

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
My honest and genuine predictions for the Super Cup match:

Milan 1-4 Inter.

I have zero confidence. We are in a slump. Confidence is at an all time low.

Called the difference. The reason is simple, the Lecce match wasn’t your typical big team unable to break down a mid table team and playing a big team would be better as its more open. That match we got fucking outplayed and blown off the pitch, sign of things to come Vs Inter…

I’m really not surprised with our defeat. Completely low point. Our season is collapsing right now in front of your eyes. I don’t know what Pioli is doing, I’m losing faith in him. Can he bounce back? He deserves time still no doubt but if he carries on like this until the end of the season, I won’t be against parting ways.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
#3 are the fuckin most annoying fans
Like why are you even here?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#3 are the fuckin most annoying fans
Like why are you even here?
1674095888220.gif

Seriously though, I am 100% on board with the changes you said we need. But what are we going to do other than hope these people leave us in good shape for the next guy? It only took 3 flops for Elliot to completely go risk-averse, they’ve made their intentions clear from the get go. This is where I deviate from some of the other defenders of #daplan. I have no illusions of so-called "being able to compete in CL in 3 years" with the way we are currently spending.

Rich folks who have money to splash would rather buy EPL clubs, who have prestigious broadcasting deals and their own stadiums, so outside of making us more attractive (decently competitive, able to consistently churn out talent, have our own stadium), how are we going to attract big buyers instead of the cheapskates like Gerry (at least so far).

Again, I am with you on being annoyed at the missed opportunities to rise, what can we realistically do?

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
maybe giving maldini all the accessibility in the transfer market was a mistake and we should revert to the previous status where he had to authorize everything by gazidis?

surely a capable ownership should consider that
Or they are on-board with what he's doing.

If the thought process is, in a couple of seasons we have to build our stadium and our transfer fund will be more constrained by that, then what better time to make Leao/Tonali type gambles hoping we still maintain top 4 dispute cutting cost + buying potential for the future.

If we still get CL place it would be seen as a success we carried this shitty CdK (along with some other raw players) and let him get his shitty runs out while we were still able to achieve season's objective.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
I feel that Leao fantastic performance has sort of cover up the team flaws. Pioli is good but i feel people rate him better than he actually is because of Leao ballon D'or performance.

"only when the tide goes out do you know who has been swimming naked"

Last Sep, i made the above statement and was lambasted by Milan fans that I deserve Banter era Milan. This team has problem since the start of the season and players play less as a team and more on Leao individual brilliance. We let in goals too easily even when we have maignan but because we are winning no one cares.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Genuine question, when Leao signs his long term deal do you think he'll have the motivation to get to the next level?

Does he want to be the best he can be or is he happy to be pretty good and sometimes brilliant?

Ludwig

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
All parties have to be blamed. Failed mercato by MMM, no money from owner, and Pioli being a yes man for every transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.