The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

terzino1899

Primavera
Reaction score
Would you cheer for a Milan that starts Buffon and Skriniar? Genuine question.
Anyone who slaps on a Milan jersey and is playing for the team, i would 100% cheer the shit out of them. The moment he steps into milanello in red and black, he's one of us, for me.

Anecdote: my younger self hates the shit out of a certain gobbi striker years ago. We fucking paid and exchanged christian zenoni with him (or someone like that). When he put on that ridiculous double layer jersey at that time, with the mesh layer on top, celebrating like a psycho after scoring, i had tears in my eyes. I'd say he played rather...admirably for us and deserved to be remembered as a legendary Milan player.

Ludwig

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Anyone who slaps on a Milan jersey and is playing for the team, i would 100% cheer the shit out of them. The moment he steps into milanello in red and black, he's one of us, for me.

Anecdote: my younger self hates the shit out of a certain gobbi striker years ago. We fucking paid and exchanged christian zenoni with him (or someone like that). When he put on that ridiculous double layer jersey at that time, with the mesh layer on top, celebrating like a psycho after scoring, i had tears in my eyes. I'd say he played rather...admirably for us and deserved to be remembered as a legendary Milan player.
Except Bonucci & Higuain

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like the point penalty will be reduced. I'm not going to get my hopes up. If the second case (which is far more serious) goes through...

never-knew-chiesa-was-a-secret-milan-fan-v0-l9qfveklutx91.jpg

chiesa-italy.gif
So, I believe the next step for Juve is CONI, and they can’t reduce the severity of the punishment. They can, however, overturn it if they find that the investigation violated accepted procedures.

If Juventus don’t win their first appeal, they’ll go to TAS. This will run for a bit, but I have a feeling their punishment will stand (at the very least) and get worse after further investigations.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Juve are clearly guilty. Those resignations prove it. Why would they all resign? Even Agnelli stepped down.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Haven’t posted in a while. I want to blame Cardinale for not investing but we have so many shit players, we need to first sell. There’s enough money to be made from selling fodders and reinvesting

We made one disastrous move after the other in the summer Mercato, if I’m the owner am I really going to hand over another 40 million to the guys who conducted a train wreck of a summer Mercato?

We all love M&M but this needs to be considered before blaming Cardinale.

the summer budget was rubbish considering the wages and amortization we got off our books, but what we did with it was even worse.

The amount of amortization and wages we dumped into CDK and Origi (not to mention Messias) for their combined output is staggeringly bad

i absolutely refuse to blame Pioli right now. What he did last year was one of the greatest coaching achievements in world football over the past decade

Last edited:

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Rasmus Hojlund

A name that sounds very strong and full of testosterone, his sick jawline dwarving everything our little Prince-de-Ketelaar had on every possible way (and cheaper too!)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So apparently this is what's going on, put in words as simple as possible, but take it with a grain of salt because I'm no expert neither:

The story about Juventus and the infamous plusvalenze originally went like this: Juve traded players with other teams at prices that were objectively much higher than their actual realistic market value in order to whitewash their own accounts. The best-known examples, who were anything but hidden back in the day: Pjanic-Arthur, Danilo-Caicedo, Caldara-Bonnucci (and many more).

In May, the competent authority decided that there was no such thing as an "objective" market value, that the market determined the price and that Juve therefore could not have valued the players too high. The case was thus closed.

Last September, however, the FIGC filed a motion to reopen the case because - and this is important - NEW information came to light. Namely, that Juve not only valued the exchanged players higher than was "objectively" realistic, but that they even gave the exchanged players HIGHER VALUES in their books than they had AGREED with the other teams. THIS is the offence that FIGC accuses Juve of and for which Juve was punished with the deduction of 15 points.

What happens next? Juve will appeal within 30 days. The competent authority will in turn have 60 days to uphold or reject the appeal. Either way, it will probably take three months (30+60 days) before we know for sure whether the point reduction will stand.

The point is this: Juve argues that they were punished twice for the same crime - which is of course not legally permissible. The FIGC, on the other hand, argues that there is new information on the table, which changes the situation and thus justifies reopening the case. Juve, on the other hand, replies that this is not the case and that there is no "new" information - they are not aware of any guilt. Only time will tell who is right. No information is available to the public. We are left with the battle of words between the parties.
… there goes my hope that Napoli will be dragged into this for the Osimhen deal.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Juve may be looking at a multi year ban from European competitions as well.

Absolutely. Ironically Juve may fight its way back into European competitions (legally or sporting wise) only to be kicked out by UEFA. But that's only one Damocles sword. The other one is the pending procedure by the government which includes fraud and other severe accusations (hiding wages for players during Covid and and and). That's where Juve actually risks being relegated.

Imagine being able to make up for those 15 points but then one stance kicks you out of Europe anyway and the other even relegates you.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only days ago:

Agnelli confirmed he will take a step back from "listed companies" altogether, and instead serve as an advisor.

Juve great Nedved, who served as vice-president, said: "Every day I was able to learn something, I had the opportunity to make my contribution, I became vice-president, a job made up of relationships, speeches, words, but also of passion.

"Thanks to you [Agnelli]... we have discussed and argued, but we have strengthened our relationship. I know how much you love Juventus, how much you sacrificed yourself, and it was an honour to work alongside you."

---

How can they speak such words with a straight face?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Juve will get docked 15 points or get relegated. I'll believe it when it happens and there's no chance of any further appeal. What's happening now is just going to mess everything up because of the doubt. The team in 4th place will always be in limbo and they'll have two positions 'with Juve appeal and without'. It's like Inter and that Bologna game (when is it getting played btw?). Any team within 15 points above Juve will be affected by this doubt.

What I know is that without CL money Juve are really really fucked. Their squad costs are almost double ours and they're already losing record amounts each year. They can't survive without selling. Vlahovic will most definitely be going to the PL, nobody in Serie A can afford him. Chiesa might be doable for us if we offer him the same as Leao. He's currently on 5m net and 9m gross (no growth decree). That would put him on par with Leao's new deal on gross wages. He's the ideal RW for us, and it's a huge opportunity that maybe Maldini is eyeing for the near future if shit really hits the fan for Juve (relegation, UEFA bans, etc).

Ludwig

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't think Juve will get docked 15 points or get relegated. I'll believe it when it happens and there's no chance of any further appeal. What's happening now is just going to mess everything up because of the doubt. The team in 4th place will always be in limbo and they'll have two positions 'with Juve appeal and without'. It's like Inter and that Bologna game (when is it getting played btw?). Any team within 15 points above Juve will be affected by this doubt.

What I know is that without CL money Juve are really really fucked. Their squad costs are almost double ours and they're already losing record amounts each year. They can't survive without selling. Vlahovic will most definitely be going to the PL, nobody in Serie A can afford him. Chiesa might be doable for us if we offer him the same as Leao. He's currently on 5m net and 9m gross (no growth decree). That would put him on par with Leao's new deal on gross wages. He's the ideal RW for us, and it's a huge opportunity that maybe Maldini is eyeing for the near future if shit really hits the fan for Juve (relegation, UEFA bans, etc).
Juve already got docked. Look at serie A's standing on google.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bonucci the leader.

Milan must react fast ,some of their players will demand transfers .Especially players with champions league ambition.
Obviously Vlahović and Chiesa are at the top of the list ,but i would also look at Bremer and Fagioli .

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bonucci the leader.

Milan must react fast ,some of their players will demand transfers .Especially players with champions league ambition.
Obviously Vlahović and Chiesa are at the top of the list ,but i would also look at Bremer and Fagioli .

Doesn’t mean they will be cheap

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Bonucci the leader.

Hahahahahaa i had to laugh
Milan to react for players that needs to be paid hahahaha
Remember what cuntcardinal told youndont need to spend

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In terms of raiding Juve Perin for 2nd GK is a no brainer. Also Milik as BU striker.

Bremer on a cheap transfer as well but Juve overpaid for him imo.

Chiesa would be great minus his injury. Vlahovic probably won’t stay in Serie A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule