Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vlahovic + Chiesa ?

fi5df.jpg
Scamacca.

Am I the only person on here who actually cares about the lists?

Unlike you, Brk, I actually worry about things like the lists.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As much as I wish we had more money to spend, a transfer strategy like Chelsea's would piss me off. Soulless buying of players who I can't imagine have been scouted enough both in terms of technical characteristic and personality.

I think Boehly has a long term vision for his transfer strategy. Chelsea is signing young players to 7-8 year contracts. Their thinking seems to be why spend the same amount every year? It's better to create a super team and then be set for the next few years. Some of the players might fail, but even if they sell those at discount it's ok for them. Spending over many years to build a top squad won't necessarily increase the chance of transfers succeeding. Especially if a team has many holes in it, they would just be wasting time by delaying fixing those holes.

If Milan do a mini version and spend 150 mil in the summer then they could cover all the holes in the squad. They wouldn't have to spend that much over the next 3 years after that. Though if this stronger team, without holes, can make QF or SF of the CL every year, then revenues would also increase and they might not even have to reduce the spending by much.

A strategy like this won't work if you have a dumbass like Mirabelli doing the spending. At the same time teams like Newcastle have shown that you can instantly take a jump up in quality if the spending is done in a smart way.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
A situation where Juve will be forced to sell Chiesa finally emerges, and Gerry will promise us a star Italian RW, but we'll end up with Zaniolo.

1stWorld.jpg
Which is also fine

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Yeah, I had Iceland confused with Ireland. I too love to travel, am retired and have plenty of free time. Next month I'm going on a Caribbean cruise that includes Bahamas, Jamaica, Cozumel, and the Cayman Islands and in August Italy where I still have family.
I prefer warm weather to cold, that's the reason I moved to Florida.
Let's hope that the bad luck ends soon for both you and Milan.
That sounds great aswell, cruises are great for visiting multiple countries without changing hotels. I've already done a few cruises (it's been a while though) and it's great when you're out on the sea, no land anywhere, just water, I like that.
But for now I'm really looking forward to being in Lapland again, it's so beautiful there in winter, looks like a magical winter wonderland. We barely have any snow in my part of Austria (it was different in the past, but climate change came in), so I'm always going somewhere north in winter, whenever possible.

I really hope Milan will perform better again, it's so depressing when we're struggling to do anything right. Imo we really should switch to a 4-3-3, our midfield is mostly overrun, we need to get more stability.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
What a horrific game from another big 6 EPL match. And people tell me this is the best league in the world lol? Their big matches are HORRIBLE. Serie A is absolutely clear of this shitty ass league. It has far better matches between their top teams. EPL just has better marketing

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Why people here so obsessed with these juventus scum? Aren’t there other players?
I would take only Chiesa . Without one leg is better than any RW in Serie A.

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Skriniar to PSG in the summer on 9m net and 25m sign on fee? Seems crazy high. If true I can see why everyone, Leao included, is encouraged to run their deals down.
İnter was stupid not to sell skriniar in the summer. If Psg wants a player They get him. Lets assume 60 m was what inter would get, including gross wage they gave 70 million to loan skriniar for 1 season.
We shouldnt be That stupid and if leao doesnt sign by june 1st we should put him market immediately.
Even i think we should sell him even a team offer 100 m to us. So we can invest to other positions and establish a more balanced team. But decision maker should be Moncada

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
As much as I wish we had more money to spend, a transfer strategy like Chelsea's would piss me off. Soulless buying of players who I can't imagine have been scouted enough both in terms of technical characteristic and personality.
If we had the money I would expect 3-4 big players in the summer and targeted ones in winter when necessary.
The mass buying would be talented youth to stockpile for the lists in the future and also to sell off the ones that dont make it.

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Molto trash. I'd rather Origi/Rebic on the right, CDK instead of Giroud and Vranckx for Pobega. Play super intense high press with a 4123 shape, like how we played against Napoli sometimes.
In My wildest dreams i cant imagine cdk Scores a goal😂 i am very serious about this but if they ask Me My life depends on a goal and shoot Will be taken either cdk or maignan, i prefer maignan %100

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think this was explained well

it wasn’t that players were overvalued, it’s that the documented transfer was different than the “2nd set of books” value

Juventus fans are angered that Napoli didn’t get pulled into this but it seems fairly clear that Juve were the only club to blatantly lie on their books
So you are saying they agreed to receive a certain amount and that's what ultimately the other team recorded...however Juventus recorded something totally different (higher) in their own book?

I haven't see anything so far that suggests this. All that I see is about inflated values. But if this is the case, than this should (will) have much higher repercussions for them than just a 15 point penalty, because since they are publicly traded, something like that will surely be manipulation of the market, misleading shareholders and potential investors, etc. Any external auditor will surely issue an adverse opinion, which could even de-list them from markets, put some freezes on operations, monetary fines, etc (depending on severity).

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Colombo is cf we should sell in year or 2 for easly 20 plus mil
He's proved his value in Serie A, so I would agree.
Easily 20 to 25M for being young and able to score against the big teams.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
What a horrific game from another big 6 EPL match. And people tell me this is the best league in the world lol? Their big matches are HORRIBLE. Serie A is absolutely clear of this shitty ass league. It has far better matches between their top teams. EPL just has better marketing
And far better players of course

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He's proved his value in Serie A, so I would agree.
Easily 20 to 25M for being young and able to score against the big teams.
I would bring him back and keep him next year. (As long as there is a plan to actually give him minutes and not rott on the bench)

Origi will stay. (unfortunately there is zero chance of selling with the rate of his injuries, so best case scenario he actually stays healthy for a change)

Ibra and Giroud need to go, and that means we need to invest heavy and replace them with a top CF. Colombo and Origi being the backups.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would bring him back and keep him next year. (As long as there is a plan to actually give him minutes and not rott on the bench)

Origi will stay. (unfortunately there is zero chance of selling with the rate of his injuries, so best case scenario he actually stays healthy for a change)

Ibra and Giroud need to go, and that means we need to invest heavy and replace them with a top CF. Colombo and Origi being the backups.

Much better to have Giroud as backup. Colombo is still not too good. His 4 goals and 2 assists is ok but his overall gameplay is quite bad.

A new fwd can't play all the games and Origi is always injured. A club like Milan can't have a player like Colombo starting games.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fair enough. Keep Giroud for 1 more year, but not as a starter. My main point was in regards to selling him. I don't think we should.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
They didn't resign over this case, they resigned over the false accounting case which will take part in March and is way more serious than this one.
I don’t get it. Isn’t this all one case? Reopened because new information came to light?!

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Fair enough. Keep Giroud for 1 more year, but not as a starter. My main point was in regards to selling him. I don't think we should.
I see nothing special in Colombo bar the fact that he can take a shot well.

The rest of his game is pretty poor.

This is the same story as Pobega getting overrated the heck out of over here because he scored a couple of goals.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
We have a mini Kessie with Krunic. If we play a 433 with Krunic instead of Brahim then we'll get back to the solid shape of the end of last season. I'm certain of it.
Krunic sucks in the midfield. Its been proven time and time again.

The only place where he has performed well are at CAM or subbing in occasionally on the wings.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I see nothing special in Colombo bar the fact that he can take a shot well.

The rest of his game is pretty poor.

This is the same story as Pobega getting overrated the heck out of over here because he scored a couple of goals.
Pobega, Colombo, Gabbia: all not close to being good enough for Milan, not now or ever. We need to aim higher.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So you are saying they agreed to receive a certain amount and that's what ultimately the other team recorded...however Juventus recorded something totally different (higher) in their own book?

I haven't see anything so far that suggests this. All that I see is about inflated values. But if this is the case, than this should (will) have much higher repercussions for them than just a 15 point penalty, because since they are publicly traded, something like that will surely be manipulation of the market, misleading shareholders and potential investors, etc. Any external auditor will surely issue an adverse opinion, which could even de-list them from markets, put some freezes on operations, monetary fines, etc (depending on severity).
@Alo88 posted this below which seems like there was some inappropriate accounting going on with ladri

let me get the source on this

So apparently this is what's going on, put in words as simple as possible, but take it with a grain of salt because I'm no expert neither:

The story about Juventus and the infamous plusvalenze originally went like this: Juve traded players with other teams at prices that were objectively much higher than their actual realistic market value in order to whitewash their own accounts. The best-known examples, who were anything but hidden back in the day: Pjanic-Arthur, Danilo-Caicedo, Caldara-Bonnucci (and many more).

In May, the competent authority decided that there was no such thing as an "objective" market value, that the market determined the price and that Juve therefore could not have valued the players too high. The case was thus closed.

Last September, however, the FIGC filed a motion to reopen the case because - and this is important - NEW information came to light. Namely, that Juve not only valued the exchanged players higher than was "objectively" realistic, but that they even gave the exchanged players HIGHER VALUES in their books than they had AGREED with the other teams. THIS is the offence that FIGC accuses Juve of and for which Juve was punished with the deduction of 15 points.

What happens next? Juve will appeal within 30 days. The competent authority will in turn have 60 days to uphold or reject the appeal. Either way, it will probably take three months (30+60 days) before we know for sure whether the point reduction will stand.

The point is this: Juve argues that they were punished twice for the same crime - which is of course not legally permissible. The FIGC, on the other hand, argues that there is new information on the table, which changes the situation and thus justifies reopening the case. Juve, on the other hand, replies that this is not the case and that there is no "new" information - they are not aware of any guilt. Only time will tell who is right. No information is available to the public. We are left with the battle of words between the parties.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not overeating him guys. I don't expect, nor do I think he is good enough to start. But we need backup players. Why the hell do we need to pay millions for some other name to sit on our bench, or worse yet, to be unavailable through injury?

Selling Colombo for 20m will solve what exactly? We still need to go and buy a CF, and that sale would mean we need to buy a back up as well. Have you seen how much players cost these days?

In an ideal world, we would sell Colombo, get rid of Ibra and Giroud, splash big on a top CF and also spend some on an adequate backup. Realistically, do you see Milan doing that?

As for Pobega, the only thing he's good for is the damn squad list. His level is Torino. But, as a 5th/6th option CM, why not? Same with Colombo. As a 3rd option, why not. Unless of course, it's more beneficial to take in that 20m (big question mark if he'll go for that much. I'd say the number is closer to 10). But than I ask again, how far will that money take us?

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
That makes more sense then suddenly realizing that Botman isn't the "right type of defender" for this Milan team!! And that Thiaw would suit the team better!!

Kjaer is not too fast and did really well in Milan before his injury. It's crazy to think that Botman, who is much faster than Kjaer, is too slow to fit in!!
i remember back in the summer stats were provided to prove how slow botman is compared to tomori as to justify not signing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule