The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sad reading the players we are linked to right now: Pulisic, Loftus-Cheek, Zaniolo :(

Banter era style rumors
First two re not banter players. Pulisic s better than our rws for sure. Loftus s very good player. Every time i saw him, he impressed me. He could be our Casemiro in the mid with tonali and beny. Biggest problem with them re injuries. But chelsea s filled with injured players, even R. James. I dont know whats happening there. Their lab s worse than ours.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Zaniolo would be good for the lists though... I guess?

It's a lot of money for the "lists", which I am aware we need to meet, when others don't ,
🤣

The thoughts on Zaniolo is pretty evenly divided it looks on here, for/against....

Based on that I think it's a risk that I don't need to decide on, but the next couple of transfers are so important, MMM are in the cross hairs of a lot of folk... So we'll see.

Always Forza Milan though ✌️

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zero transfer contribution. Weaker team than last year. This is last years team. So this year is complete disaster for maldini. With 50 million we couldn’t even get a bench player who come in and help for 30 minutes for 3-4 matches. Another way if we had a transfer ban last summer it would have zero effect on this years team performance even would be better because we would not have to give time to 50 million garbage (until now) we bought. Also we couldn’t sell anyone. So this year
1-50 million garbage we bought, zero transfer contribution
2-we opted in garbages (messias)
3-we go on with injury prone players ( rebic , florenzi )
4-no kessie replacement
5-missing perfectly scouted players who perform excellently (enzo , botman etc)

So Maldini this season is 0/100. The only good thing is bennacer renewal. Maybe we can give 5/100 because of that nothing more.

You can say maldini was successful last years and he is the soul of the club , he has right to make mistakes ok. But saying he is successful or even not disaster this year is delusional.

About team performance we were just 4 points away from 7th place before juves fine and have lazio away game on the last day of the first half and in champions league going through is what should be. We were in pot 1. Again last year success. We eliminated salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb , it is very normal not a success we just didn’t fail
Most of the fruits that got us the scudetto last season were planted in 2019. Bennacer, Leao, Theo, Krunic... All were bought that season and all had a massive impact in their third season winning the title for us. This is my point. Maldini is not building for the short term. He's totally fine with having CDK have a garbage first season. It's not something he wants but it's something he's totally fine accepting because it comes with the whole 'trusting youth' thing.

To judge him so harshly because we again decided to build long term with Vranckx, CDK, Adli, Thiaw... That seems like you're purposefully ignoring our entire strategy. They said it a million times, we're not building this squad in the same way other teams are building theirs. That's the ONLY way we can compete and eventually challenge for the CL. We build LONG TERM. If we win in the short term like we did last season, that's great! But the idea is that we gradually ramp up our spending (on transfers and contracts) to match up with our revenue.

They made a big bet on CDK. That bet is a long term one in the same way we bet on the 2019 guys. If we were judging that group on their first season, we'd be in a perpetual year 0 like we've been in the past decade. You need to rethink your window for evaluating their performance. It's not a per season or per quarter thing, that's stupid. We don't need to justify quarterly earnings to shareholders. We can afford to not win the title this season. If Napoli keep going at this pace, no matter who we bought it would have been impossible to keep up. We're having a terrible January that's making everything seem way worse than it is.

They will spend this summer, that's if we take them at their word that spending will line up with revenue. We had a 60m loss last season, we're in line to break even or even get a small profit this year. That's massive. We're going from arond 270m in revenue to around 340-350m. That's without any player sales or the stadium. There will be a major investment, I have no doubt about that. Maldini wouldn't have accepted the renewal if it wasn't coming. So chill on that front.

The idea that the squad is incomplete, that's true. He had to literally replace every single member of this squad (besides Calabria) in 4 years. There was a lot of cheap filler in there that we can upgrade (FBT, Messias, etc). Thats the difference between Maldini and before, the new fodders are cheap and we can sell them easily when we decide we want to.

I'll run down your list:

1- 50m garbage you can't judge now. We'll see in a few years if it was a good bet or not
2- The garbages we got, like Messias, are squad players for now. He fills a role and he's cheap. I wanted Ziyech on loan instead, but it is what it is.
3- Every squad has injury prone players, we had Rebic on a long term contract and he wasn't injury prone before. Florenzi fills a leadership role besides being a backup RB.
4- It's hard to get a player like Kessie. He didn't want to reduce his demands. We decided to invest in Vranckx so that long term maybe he fills that role. We're willing to wait.
5- Every team misses some players. It's not a Milan specific complaint. It's a good thing that we're targeting the right sort of profiles, don't you think? The fact that we didn't close the deals is unfortunate, and has to do with competition inflating the prices (Botman) or teams moving faster because we had bureaucratic problems (Enzo). That shouldn't be a factor next summer, Maldini is fully on board and RB will have had a season to settle and decide what to do.

You can say Maldini was 0/100 or 5/100 for this season, go for it. I'm just trying to explain that nobody cares about short term assessments at the club as long as there is a viable path for growth and that in a few years the squad is where they want it to be. It's a much much longer game than what you're caring about.

Some seasons we'll overperform and underperform in others, as long as the general direction is upwards and to the right, that's really all that matters.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

They don't want to interfere with the scudetto race, so they decided from the start that it would take six months to finished it 😂

And what exactly is taking 6 months? All they need to do is collect the documents and hear all the players involved that never actually moved to Lille. This shouldn't take more than 2 months.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
And what exactly is taking 6 months? All they need to do is collect the documents and hear all the players involved that never actually moved to Lille. This shouldn't take more than 2 months.
it’s italy

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

They don't want to interfere with the scudetto race, so they decided from the start that it would take six months to finished it 😂

Even if they push it until after the end of the season, this sort of threat might be the spark that ignites ADL and cause him to implode like he always does. That's really the only hope I have left for this season, that he somehow does it again and brings his own house down.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it’s italy
I know, but still, this is a pretty simple investigation. There are like 10 people involved and probably no more than 50 pages of documentation. We're talking about 1 transfer with 1 player going to Napoli and 3 'going' to Lille, not like ladri's case with nearly 100. The actual work on the case is less than a week.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even if they push it until after the end of the season, this sort of threat might be the spark that ignites ADL and cause him to implode like he always does. That's really the only hope I have left for this season, that he somehow does it again and brings his own house down.
With our current form, it's more likely for merda to take advantage of this than us...

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3g in 11 games, but 3 games around his injury were him coming back and he only played 60min combined in them. 3g in 8 starts otherwise.

What does our entire RW have???

Asking for a friend?

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know, but still, this is a pretty simple investigation. There are like 10 people involved and probably no more than 50 pages of documentation. We're talking about 1 transfer with 1 player going to Napoli and 3 'going' to Lille, not like ladri's case with nearly 100. The actual work on the case is less than a week.

We know it's to simply allow Napoli every advantage so Milan don't win!!!

Last year we saw the weirdest decisions, this year they're continuing to poison our players witt muscle destroying toxins while advocating Naples cheating... Simples.

But we shall prevail ✌️

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a lot of money for the "lists", which I am aware we need to meet, when others don't ,
🤣

The thoughts on Zaniolo is pretty evenly divided it looks on here, for/against....

Based on that I think it's a risk that I don't need to decide on, but the next couple of transfers are so important, MMM are in the cross hairs of a lot of folk... So we'll see.

Always Forza Milan though ✌️

Yeah in an injury plagued season (the third in a row) I don't feel like it's a good idea to add even more injury prone players. It's Origi all over again.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and how the hell do you know this :lol:

sounds like an absolute bureaucratic nightmare esp in italy

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
What does our entire RW have???

Asking for a friend?
Sale with 2 goals in 2 cl matches

AnimatedTimelyCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
#Giroud : "I want to renew my contract with #Milan . With the scudetto, I entered the heart of the Milan fans. I'm talking to the club about the renewal, if there is the possibility of finishing my career at a high level I will do it at Milan" (Canal Football Club)

Grazie Oli for ur services
Giroud was a toptransfer and he will be a leader/performer for many years to come (serie a mostly...getting us points vs farmers)
Not injuryprone

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Zero transfer contribution. Weaker team than last year. This is last years team. So this year is complete disaster for maldini. With 50 million we couldn’t even get a bench player who come in and help for 30 minutes for 3-4 matches. Another way if we had a transfer ban last summer it would have zero effect on this years team performance even would be better because we would not have to give time to 50 million garbage (until now) we bought. Also we couldn’t sell anyone. So this year
1-50 million garbage we bought, zero transfer contribution
2-we opted in garbages (messias)
3-we go on with injury prone players ( rebic , florenzi )
4-no kessie replacement
5-missing perfectly scouted players who perform excellently (enzo , botman etc)

So Maldini this season is 0/100. The only good thing is bennacer renewal. Maybe we can give 5/100 because of that nothing more.

You can say maldini was successful last years and he is the soul of the club , he has right to make mistakes ok. But saying he is successful or even not disaster this year is delusional.

About team performance we were just 4 points away from 7th place before juves fine and have lazio away game on the last day of the first half and in champions league going through is what should be. We were in pot 1. Again last year success. We eliminated salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb , it is very normal not a success we just didn’t fail
:thumbsup::star:

Btw points 1 & 2 were a direct consequence of failing to sign Dybala for FREE (10 goals + 5 assists in 17 games this season) and squandering our limited transfer funds on the misfiring donkey aka 'red herring' CDK instead. Consequently, there wasn't any money left to strengthen the right flank so we were forced to redeem Messias and Florenzi. Disastrous decision making.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lol forget Zaniolo...RedBird will never authorise a 20m+ transfer for a young player still finding his feet after the CDK debacle and especially not in January. Also, Roma will never agree to a loan + option deal plus they'd still need to replace him which seems unlikely with less than a week left of the transfer window. Instead, we're better off waiting until summer when he'll have just 1 year left on his contract and offloading BOTH Messias + Salad to fund the transfer. However, I have a feeling that MMM already have another young RW lined up that they'd rather splash the cash on...

Status
Not open for further replies.