Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
People wanting Pioli out are crazy. Everybody seem to forogt about our last decade. We are -4p difference from last year. The difference is Napoli are outstanding so far beside last year.
A crysis like this oftenly shows up for every team and after two and a half incredible time its time for ours. We will bounce back i am sure of this.

Forza Milan
Well said. Although we need to invest in fresh players for him.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#Zaniolo : we confirm, #Milan has an agreement on salary (3.5-3.7 plus bonuses per season) which also applies to July. We'll see if and what will change in the last few days

I feel like it's a huge mistake making Zaniolo our highest paid player (behind Leao if he renews)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really?

Could have fooled me

You, brk and spin force lost their shit when folks said that this mercato was a failure. Still recall some of you mocking people for believing media reports that we will have around $50m or so to spend, because apparently media bullshits a lot and spin force knows better.

And lets not even discuss the convulated theories as to why it was completely normal to wait until the last day to renew a management that just won a scudetto or why a team cant spend due to being in the process of a takeover (despite the fact that the takeover was certain to happen and Chelsea just dissproved that theory).

Also, cool - lets not pay Kessie what he wants because it would be too expensive in the long run. But what made you so sure that we are so willing to spend a lump sum on getting a replacement now? I mean, are you really that naive to think that management would go on and spend around 60 or so odd million it would take the players we let go?

Also, Kessie may have had a poor start to the season but he was clutch for us in the second half of the season. No matter how much you try and deny that. Even a blind man could see how important his characteristics was in our overall game plan and that it wouldnt be that easy to replace him, not unless we spend a significant amount (which we were NEVER going to do).

I also seem to recall you staning the Kalulu-Tomori defence and criticising anyone doubting their effectiveness in the long run. After all, didnt you just want a mere backup hence why you were not a fan of Botman?
I was sure we were going to spend close to 100m and I still think it was clearly possible because of the savings we made. I didn't expect a title winning side to reduce their squad costs even more. Already said this many times. I'm still hopeful that we will spend a lot this coming summer. If we don't, then something is very wrong and i'd have to rethink my expectation of what the owners' ambition actually is. I'm excusing this past summer for the reasons you outlined, whether they're true or not. We had the summer we got and we decided to go for mostly more young players to develop.

I'm still adamant our problems right now are not market related. Pioli has the solutions to play the way he wants but he's trying to be insane and stubborn.

If it's a crazy packed season, don't play the same 11 all the time. If you only have Giroud, don't play a high press. If you only have Tata, don't play a high line. If your midfield is out of form and is outnumbered, play another midfielder. These are basic tactical and coaching errors that he keeps repeating over and over and over again. This same Pioli with Botman, or with Enzo or with Haaland will still be making the same mistakes if he's this stubborn.

He'd rather keep forcing his 'style' rather than admit that it's not working. Our problems right now really are rooted in this avoidance of being pragmatic for once. It's like he tried the 352 once and decided 'nope, that's it, no more experimenting for me!' and proceeded to play the same 11 five games in a row including a disastrous cup final. No amount of summer spending would have saved this. Kessie wouldn't have saved this. Kessie worked because our midfield worked as a unit, Hakan does a LOT more work than Brahim, and he passes a LOT better than Brahim. Our midfield without Hakan only worked when we had a physical AM like Krunic in front of the double pivot. This should have been a fact that Pioli understood by now. We can't play Brahim, Leao, Giroud and Messias and expect to press, or expect them to track back and cover the midfield. Marusic was doubling up on Dest every time the had the ball, Leao barely tracked back. Giroud was pressing at a jogging pace. Messias lost his guy countless times, including for the all important first goal. Brahim was back to his confused and erratic self. They've been like this all January, but Pioli keeps playing them again and again hoping to prove to someone that he was right all along.

When the basics are working, then yeah a better market would have helped take us to the next level. I wanted Botman, Renato, CDK and a bunch of other players last summer. I know we need to upgrade to improve, but the squad is much, much better than what we've seen recently. The rot is not because of how the squad was built, it's because of how it was handled.

Are Adli, Vranckx, CDK, Thiaw really so bad that we had to push our starters to play virtually every minute of a season where we're playing almost every three days? I don't think so. That's bad rotation planning. His solution is to 'work harder' meaning run more, so even more risk of injury. Maldini says we're building with young players, but how will they develop if they're not playing?

1674625110017.png

Adli, Vranckx and Thiaw played a combined 397 minutes all season. I don't understand this.

The players they could have rotated with, Tomori, Tonali and Bennacer played a combined 6128 minutes.

This is insane.

CDK has had enough time, but even then the way he was used was incorrect. He threw him right into the 11 before he had time to adapt until the fans and media turned on him and he lost his confidence and then proceeded to not start him since October.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Leao this season has looked bang average whenever Theo is not starting as the LB.
When the opposition can focus on neutralizing just him and not him+Theo, he has looked clueless.
Read some comments that Kessie 2020-21 deserved 6.5 m but not Kessie 2021-22.
Similarly Leao 2021-22 was a 7 m player but not this season version (except 1 game vs Inter).
If anyone deserves to earn 7m in our team, then that is Theo alone.
But since we can't afford a Leao replacement even with money from his possible sale, I guess we have no option but to renew him and hope that he will get back to last year form.

Sad to see the team being mental midgets. After last year's gruelling title race, I expected them to show resilience of champions. Seems the team still needs characters like Zlatan, Florenzi, Maignan etc. to charge them up. May be even Romagnoli was a better dressing room leader and figure head that we ever gave him credit. May be Kessie was also a dressing room leader. Who knows.. but the team lacks the spirit from last season for some reason. I can understand a thrashing from Inter or Chelsea or narrow defeats to Torino or draws with Cremonese and co. But this team can do way better than 0-4 vs mediocre Lazio.
Wish Maldini goes to sit on the team bench from next game. They look completely lost.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao needs to be sold. Get Saint maximin or another cheap talent, like Napoli did with Kvara. And reinvest those millions in a good cb and midfielder. With or without leao, we re shit now anyways.
In a good working team, Leao will do well, but how Milan plays now, he is not worth it to keep.
Milan is lacking a defender, midfielder and a good rw, so why keep an expensive player like Leao ?

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
Gerry likes to reference the Yankees or Cowboys. Does he know these teams got to be so big and popular because of their heavy spending?
Come on, they got so big because they are big-market teams in closed league systems and have correspondingly high revenues.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To that he also added: "We don’t have the possibility to sign already made players".

I don't like that he says "we DON'T" and not "we didn't" as in "we didn't have funds last summer". Sounds like we will continue to sign players of the Vranckx/Vazquez/Messias level in the near future. Which also means we will continue to keep fodder like Pobega, Diaz and Salad around because we won't be able to replace them. Yet I'm supposed to believe that the Champions league is possible in 3 years.
this is what i am talking about.
we will con. with this ,probabile get one player ala zaniolo and rest will be young shit younger shit and mediocore one.
give oli new deal we have origi and promote lazetic ,sale will stay bla bla bla.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao needs to be sold. Get Saint maximin or another cheap talent, like Napoli did with Kvara. And reinvest those millions in a good cb and midfielder. With or without leao, we re shit now anyways.
In a good working team, Leao will do well, but how Milan plays now, he is not worth it to keep.
Milan is lacking a defender, midfielder and a good rw, so why keep an expensive player like Leao ?
I’m glad Maldini and co are smarter than this.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really think we should have tried something completely different against Lazio, we should have tried to play low and hit them on the counterattack. We're faster than their CBs and they suffer in space, and their attack suffers when there's no space for them to pass around. Pioli decided to challenge them head on and it failed. Being pragmatic, especially when things aren't going well, is a very reliable course of action. It helps steady the ship. He's way too risky and can't see it's failing.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Worst title defense in the history - already 12 points behind after only 19 rounds
Embarrassing exit in Coppa Italia
Humiliating loss against merda in the Super Cup final. A team led by Simone Inzaghi with players like Darmian, Di Marco, Acerbi completely dominated
Destroyed twice by the worst Chelsea team in the last 20 years. Aggregate score 5-0
Historic humiliation against Lazio
CL humiliation against a garbage team led by the biggest choker in the history of international football pending

Grazie Pioli

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To that he also added: "We don’t have the possibility to sign already made players".

I don't like that he says "we DON'T" and not "we didn't" as in "we didn't have funds last summer". Sounds like we will continue to sign players of the Vranckx/Vazquez/Messias level in the near future. Which also means we will continue to keep fodder like Pobega, Diaz and Salad around because we won't be able to replace them. Yet I'm supposed to believe that the Champions league is possible in 3 years.
I mean we signed CDK instead of Ziyech and again we want Zaniolo instead of Ziyech. Seems we choose not to.

I don’t know what Maldini means by already made, I mean of course we can’t sign Benzema but there’s a big difference between Benzema and Ziyech in terms of price but both fall under the care of already made, no?

I trust Maldini but comment seems disingenuous at best.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
In last 3 matches we conceded 9 goals.

Come on, just get your shit together...

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
this is what i am talking about.
we will con. with this ,probabile get one player ala zaniolo and rest will be young shit younger shit and mediocore one.
give oli new deal we have origi and promote lazetic ,sale will stay bla bla bla.
parametro profit:maldini:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we also get to the root of these injuries. It’s becoming ridiculous now. It isn’t normal.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Brah

No offense

Lineup is just one part of the equation. A good coach knows how to mould his tactics based on what he's got and on the opposition.

Are you really gonna sit here and tell me that Lazio has a better squad than us? Or Roma, or Lecce?
Individually probably not. As a unit, that's different. Would I rather have Lazio's 4 attacking options than our 4 attacking options? Yes.
As a a back five with Tata - I think the stats will prove we are probably in the top 3 for easiest to score against. The first goal yesterday was mindblowing how easy it was for them. So yes, I'd rather their back 5 at the minute. I haven't looked how high we are on goals conceded but my point is the teams who would've conceded more, would've suffered more attacks against them. The ratio for attacks against us vs goals conceded - I would expect we are the worst in the league.

You avoided my question - Tell me what you think a good manager could do. He could make us more solid defensively, sure. But do we get more points for 1 goal defeats vs 4 goal defeats? I think any top half team would still have a 50/50 chance against us with this squad. No matter the manager. And 50/50 is being generous, I wouldn't fancy my chances. I've seen it all season long. Only two games have we made light work of. The rest could've easily swung to any other result.

Tomori-Kalulu should never be a partnership. a new RW and ST is needed as well as reliable alternative to the CM's.

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
We play high pressing and direct. Why look at pass completion or possession? Who cares?

- Brk

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Who cares about that silly stuff lol just shoot the ball and score goal

#ForzaCalabriaWCPLAYER

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Destroyed twice by the worst Chelsea team in the last 20 years. Aggregate score 5-0
As mad as I am, this is all wrong. We had an injury crisis and atrocious referee decisions.
It isn't their worst team in 20 years. They've finished in the bottom half before, in the last 10 years if I remember correctly. They had Koulibaly and Fofana at CB who probably cost a combined total more than our net spend in the last 5 years

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
things that need to happen for longterm health of club:

- keep moncada
- keep giroud bennacer theo leao maignan cdk kalulu...rest are expendable (tonali tomori watchlist)
- fire massara
- fire pioli
- fire pioli assistant and son
- hire good physio and fitness staf (very high priority)
-replace gabbia pobega calabria (aka invest in our youth...we need trained@club)
- send back diaz dest messias ofc too
- maldini needs some help...moncada is good enough to be a TD so we need a good SD wich maldini sucks at some parts of it and great at others..or he need to improve (either way like congo said this club is literally paolos and we should be thankful...but still he needs improvement)
- keep krunic saele humble versatile soldiers
- stadium asap...
- listen to moncada and be proactive in mercato...make smaller deals but more deals with 1 big injection every so and so (osimhen cost 70 and its worth it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule