Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
View attachment 14590
You get to make this declaration if/once we bounce back from current slump. Winning the Scudetto doesn’t negate this point (Pioli gets found out and cannot adapt), and don’t try to be slick and introduce the idea that it’s only supposed to happen “second season” when nobody ever mention that.

Again, repeating “but he won last season” does nothing for our situation right now.

It’s almost if, you picked a narrative which is “Pioli doesn’t run out of ideas” and picked a couple of times where he made small adjustment as data point to support that narrative. Once again, “won the scudetto” is introduced mid argument as to give those data point weight

But when the results aren’t supporting your narrative, “all of a sudden he’s not doing the things that support my narrative, I have no idea what’s going through his head, he’s doing opposite of what I think would make him successful, it’s weird ”

You did this also regarding GK, trying to frame the expected stats as some sort of holy grail. This whole time “we have money, we just won’t overpay, Maldini will just assess the situation”, was this not the narrative used when people said we were broke? Well if our GK situation is so dire and we have money but just won’t overpay, why is Maldini grabbing GK from the Paraguayan league? “It’s weird and I don’t know what’s going on in his head”

Either bc we are broke, or Maldini don’t think GK is as big of a problem as you make it, or both.
By this logic, doesn’t every manager eventually get “found out”? What a strange sliding scale. If Pioli went on to become an Alex Ferguson 25-year manager (he won’t), and in years 23-25 we started arriving mid table we’d still be able to use said trope?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cant buy, cant sell...

Sure as hell cant attack or defend.

Owner is awol.

Management looks greener than fresh spring grass.

All in all gonna need lots of copium to survive this season.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
I think after CDK we can say that Maldini has the last say.
Unfortunately CDK didnt explode as they expected.
In what interview has Maldini said they expected CDK to explode? I can show you a few where he said the exact opposite.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I meant `Moncada instead of Msssara, maybe... Maldini would still be the "Technical Director" ( CEO od sporting ).
We don't know all the details but the press are saying Moncada wanted Kolo Muani but Massara preferred Origi. It could all just made up stuff, so I said "maybe".

Overall Moncada seems to have modern approach using a lot of data analysis. And he was the chief scout at Monaco, doing excellent work there with Luis Campos.
I think Moncada brings them the right players but I don't think Massara is just shooting them down in favour of his own. I have to see more than the one example before I jump on Ricky.

Hindsight makes that one look poor but you can at least understand the rationale that led them to Origi.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
By this logic, doesn’t every manager eventually get “found out”? What a strange sliding scale.

How is it strange? Why would we arbitrarily set the time limit at 2 seasons?
If Pioli went on to become an Alex Ferguson 25-year manager (he won’t), and in years 23-25 we started arriving mid table we’d still be able to use said trope?
No, we wouldn't still be able to use said trope because you already said he won't so it's a moot point :LOL:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Let's play a fun game called 'Rank Maldini's worst transfers so far'

The nominees are:
CDK (32m)
Junior Messias (9m in total)
Divock Origi (4m per year, 4 years contract)
Sergino Dest (4.5m wages)
Yacine Adli (11m)
Bakayoko (2.5m per year)
Duarte (12m)
Piatek (35m)

Duarte & Krunic in 2019-20. €20M wasted.
Meite & Mandzukic in 2020-21.
Fodder-Ballo, Pellegri & Mirante in 2021-22.
Messias & Origi in 2022-23.

Vranckx as a replacement for Kessie can be considered a shit deal too.

Two risky deals on paper (but we avoided it):
Rebic-Andre Silva swap.
Initial deal for Tonali (35M).

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Not just serie a, all of Europe outside the epl hasn’t spent a dime this winter
Okay and what do you want us to do with this information?

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
"I'll see you at the next VAR review"

133118022-ec6a5e8d-7134-40e4-8d85-df962908c35e.jpg
shawn-michaels-mike-chioda.gif

there's a new ref in VAR

shawn-michaels-wwe.gif

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Rumors: Enzo Fernandez
Reality: Vranckx
Rumors: Botman/N'Dicka
Reality: Thiaw
Rumors: Zaniolo/Ziyech
Reality: Osorio

Doing the same thing and expecting a different result... :rebiC:

Our decisions based on 'May be' s have been backfiring recently.
May be Origi will explode once he is the main CF.
May be Tomori will grow and cut Zapata/Bonera- esque brain-farts.
May be our fitness team can prevent injuries.
May be Tata can be a good deputy.
May be kids like Adli, Thiaw and Vrankcx click immediately like Kalulu.
May be Zlatan will be better post surgery.
May be Maignan and Rebic will remain fit. May Bennacer - Tonali will give more midfield stability than Kessie.
May be Diaz/Salad/Messias will improve.
May be Pioli will find some alternative tactics.
All these "May be" situations ended in the negative and we are now facing a really tricky top 4 pursuit instead of second star and CL Q/F.
Zaniolo is too expensive for us given our 50 million per season transfer budget. He is worth the risk on a free transfer or a loan with option at 10-15 million.
"Positivity Crew" guilty of all those "maybes". You're the reason for our crushed hopes. No more believing this crap.

Alex Cry GIF - Alex Cry GIFs

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
why the fuck are we so focused on January spending and act like it's a giant mic drop.

Did the World Cup cause a complete reset? Summer spending doesn't matter? Or the season before?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What kind of kids? The Angelo Gabriel 25 mil type or the free Halilovic type?? Because it seems you were suggesting spend most of the transfer money on 3 starters after selling a large number of players....
Depends on how we spend the money. Players like Kvara, Bennacer, Anguissa, Tonali, Elmas, Kalulu, etc cost less than 20 m each. It is not mandatory to spend 25 m on a starter. With the right scouting we can do wonders.
Not to mention that there are some really good players with expiring contracts: Tielemans, Thuram, Ndicka, Kamada, Firmino, Aouar are realistic options even for our finances.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Rebic-Andre Silva swap.
Initial deal for Leao 😉

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Rebic-Andre Silva swap.

you really don't think Krunic has been worth 8m?

I know not everyone likes him as much as I do but that's a very low transfer fee, just considering his contribution to the scudetto push if nothing else

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I know not everyone likes him as much as I do but that's a very low transfer fee, just considering his contribution to the scudetto push if nothing else
It's wild as much as Vulture calls Calabria a donkey he has him listed as 15m and Krunic only 8m

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

We don’t need players who “have been worth €8M” we need better than €8M. Their price has to grow in Milan.

But Krunic never had the talent for Milan. Just another Borini.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Napoli TD always doing decently..nothing crazy but they know how to work
nah, they've had their fair share of fuck ups. Just that they were always able to get big value out of their players so the small fuck ups they can buffer and continue to make move instead of having to be "risk averse"

1674840134808.png
1674840151559.png

1674840263041.png
1674840283046.png

1674840317048.png

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So would you rather have regressing scrawny Peter crouch lite OR the ever improving bulkier new kid on the block? 😎
I don't think there's anything wrong with his build. His problem is not that he's pushed off the ball easily. That's a Diaz problem. His problem is a complete lack of confidence. He needs to assert himself on the pitch. Bulking up isn't going to solve that problem.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa

He wanted us to lose scudetto so that he can post his gay list here since nobody gives a fuck about him.
Alas we won so he still salty.

Are we in a bad form? Yes then he typed in chatgpt . Players who are black and younger than 16 in official age blah blah

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He wanted us to lose scudetto so that he can post his gay list here since nobody gives a fuck about him.
Alas we won so he still salty.

Are we in a bad form? Yes then runs a query. Players who are black and younger than 16 in official are blah blah
Imagine thinking Krunic > Bennacer. That’s when nobody gives a fuck about you.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Napoli TD always doing decently..nothing crazy but they know how to work
I mean they figured out that all you need to have a decent attack is..pace down the wings. Kvara, Lozano, potentially Adama..

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Imagine thinking Krunic > Bennacer. That’s when nobody gives a fuck about you.
I am not imagining I was watching starting line up on a scudetto winning season. Krunic #10 on field Bennacer on bench while you trying to sneak into a nursery in an immigrant community somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule