Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
@Samaldinho

View attachment 14617

giphy.gif

@VultureSheva why not give my man @Curupira a shout out on this tweet fella?

Not cool at all.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
You were able to tell from that 10 sec clip? Very impressive my friend
No...I've seen him play a few times before (including against Barcelona) and a very knowledgeable person about our youth on another forum rates him very highly. However, that 10 second clip shows you that he has genuine talent.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Some comments re Pisati...this person knows the youth sector inside out so I trust their opinion...

'Samuele Pisati, an (attacking) midfielder already very well structured physically and very gifted technically. To watch closely.'

'And I'm very hyped for Samuele Pisati (10 or trequartista), class of 2009. He's going to hurt the little one I think. He is a player as we see too little so young in Italy. Physical, hyper technical even in small spaces, vision of the game and big shot.'

'Note that Pisati (n°10, MO class 2009) will be upgraded with the 2008s next season. Perhaps the most technical player we have had at this age.'

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Just like Francesco Camarda?
Yep...I'd put them all in the same bucket. Jadid is only 11yo but a goal machine who was top scorer and voted best player in 8 international youth tournaments against the likes of PSG, Ajax, Inter, Atalanta etc.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Zaniolo asked for a clause to let him leave if Bournemouth get relegated or if Milan wanted him.

Regardless it does Roma and Zaniolo no good to sit him in the stands the rest of the season with a year left on his deal. Either you integrate back in the team or let him leave for lesser terms.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Apparently Zaniolo asked for a clause to let him leave if Bournemouth get relegated or if Milan wanted him.

Regardless it does Roma and Zaniolo no good to sit him in the stands the rest of the season with a year left on his deal. Either you integrate back in the team or let him leave for lesser terms.
The fractured relationship between Zaniolo and Roma only helps our cause and they'll be practically forced to accept whatever we offer them in summer :proud:

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

ZANIOLO doesn't have the knees for EPL😝

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The fractured relationship between Zaniolo and Roma only helps our cause and they'll be practically forced to accept whatever we offer them in summer :proud:
By whatever offer I hope you're meaning Messias and fifteen M's

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
By whatever offer I hope you're meaning Messias and fifteen M's
Apparently Mourinho likes Messias so you never know but 20m max plus bonuses should do it.

Very good business for somebody with Zaniolo's potential and low enough not to cry over in case he flops hard like CDK.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
As reported by SkySportsUK, Aston Villa is preparing a 15 million euro offer to the Universidad de Chile for Darío Osorio, a 2004 talent also linked to Milan who would offer an amount close to 5 million euro; in recent days, Tottenham has already offered his team 10.5 million euros, but the Villans offer seems to be the best for Chile. Newcastle also want it.

:lol:
cry2.gif

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pep is the ye of football. Every season, he drastically changes the style of his side the same way no two ye albums are similar. City only retain some of the stylistic elements of last season and barely any from the season before that. Regardless of the criticism, he persists and everyone is still interested. City barely breaking a sweat, they’re clearly in cruise control until it’s time to strike, in my guess, right before halftime.

It just hit me, Haaland is pep’s reincarnation of ibra. He always wanted a strong cf so he bought ibra in 09 but Messi in the middle was more efficient than ibra. He finally gets to conduct his experiment, this time without an insubordinate pupil.
Pep said it in an interview that he never sleep on the same team & always need to introduce two hungry players that will also motivate the old guard to perform & they never sleep on their status.
Probably a big reason why he is able to constantly stay relevant & a contender for the league title.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
af6f943a-0649-47a2-9c32-f4267237470b_text.gif

I think there's a little misunderstanding here (on the Pioli part) I don't think I communicated myself properly, to be honest. As usual, this is just a debate and I appreciate the candor and the collegial rapport we have, makes arguing more fun, so thank you. Also, my reply is supposed to have a friendly tone, and whatever seems aggressive (like the use of questions) is supposed to be exasperation, not anger. Sorry for the fine print. I also didn't really want the "crystal ball" part just the "okay okay my turn," bit but the crystal ball part was kinda funny so I left it in.
Did you not mention Blue9 and his post? Did you not refer to the idea that Pioli starts out strong then gets found out? You asked me: "how did you not see this coming from Pioli?" Because I gave him a chance. The prediction for Pioli was that he would fizzle out. We had the post-lock down form, where we were monstrous, but that was supposed to be "his good run" and then he was supposed to be found out. He gets 2nd the next year. He didn't get found out then, did he? Then the next year, new coaches, Mourinho! Sarri! Allegri! He's going to get found out then, right? Nope, he won.

Winning is not supposed to be part of the Pioli script. He's supposed to do well initially, then fizzle out. Pioli didn't even last a full season at Inter before getting fired. At Lazio, his first season, he got 3rd, then he got fired the next season. So... tell me: what was I supposed to predict from Pioli at Milan? Did his time at Milan mirror the very short stints he had at Lazio and Inter? Obviously not. So like, come on bro.

Explain to me what Pioli's trajectory at Milan was supposed to be based on his past. I put trust in Pioli because of what he did at Milan. So far, he's done a very good job. This season? Not as strong, and these last few games have put him in an far less comfortable spot than he should be.

You're asking why I bring up the Scudetto, because it's relevant to this "prediction of Pioli being found out." Three years is a long time in the footballing world, a lot can change, and would you agree that three years is a lot longer than Pioli is supposed to take before he gets found out?

Maybe it's the end of the line for Pioli? We'll see. But you seem to think that whenever the word "Scudetto" comes up it's supposed to end debate, no, it's just the elephant in the room that you can't dismiss when making assessments of the management, the coach, or the players. After a rough patch of form, apparently all our players are now trash, you don't find that extreme? Tomori is trash now? Kalulu is trash now? Shit, I forgot, the team is being held together by Tata's performances, my bad.

And miss me with the "results aren't supporting your narrative" line. Bro, people have been saying that our team is shit for three years. THREE. You all keep riding high on this "hahahahaha 3-5 years CL lolz" when I ask you: transport yourself three years ago. What were your goals and expectations for Milan? Exactly. I went back out of curiosity and there are delightful nuggets if anyone wants to play the receipts game. You hated Bennacer from day one bro, it's hilarious. I wasn't searching for you specifically, I just saw it... just so you know. I have some trash takes, not Santacroce bad, but... also oddly enough not as horrific as I thought, just bad in different ways than I thought.

You're acting like I'm some Pioli stan. I'm not. He's not Adli, lol. He's a good coach who has done a good job. I vacillate between whether he's a stepping stone coach or whether he can be more than that, because quite frankly, my predictions for Pioli were wildly off. I didn't see him staying this long, so why not be optimistic?

And here there is an important point that I think warrants pointing out, there's a difference between having reasons for optimism and choosing to be optimistic. I don't think people make that distinction very well here. I think I started out the banter era by choosing to be optimistic, but it broke me, and I just hoped for the best. However, under Maldini's tenure I have reasons to be optimistic. Considering where Milan was three years ago, I think it makes sense.

But back to Pioli: I don't think I've defended him during this stretch, the only time the "negative" people have been right about Pioli in what? Three years?

On top of that: I've been skeptical of his choices throughout this season, from how he has used CDK to Adli, from Pobega to Vranckx, to how he rotates, what formations he picks... I'm trying to put some things into perspective. You're acting like a bad run of 5 games defines him. I don't think that's how you should look at your manager. I thought the negative group was supposed to be "objective" and "realistic."

So then let's be realistic, it's a bad five game stretch. Really bad. But acting like Maldini isn't ruthless or wouldn't fire a coach, bro he fired GP after he won a game. Pioli has earned the chance to right the ship. The way Pioli's fate is being discussed, it's like you'd fire Carlo after Deportivo. That was a massive failure. Milan got roasted for that. But the reason we can look at the decision to stick with Carlo as the right one is because we know what happened next. It will be rationalized as "oh well we had Kaka, and Nesta, etc" but that's just because you know how the story played out. We don't know what is going to happen next with Pioli.

The predictions that people have made over Pioli, Theo, Bennacer, Tomori, Tonali, Maldini have all been proven wrong, for years. Years. I've been proven wrong by Pioli, by Maldini, by Kjaer, and on and on.

There's this air of vindication for those who predicted doom. Lol, why? Pioli came in here and was welcomed with "PioliOut" was he not? Maldini was seen as a failure with GP, was he not? How many people supported Tonali after his first year? Remember the Rebic v Leao debates? The same people who predicted that we'll fuck up this year, predicted we would struggle for top four at this time last year and we won the whole damn thing. They said we'd fail the year we got second. And on and on.

I'm sorry, I'm not about to eat some shit sandwich because Milan has done poorly the last 5 games. Very poorly. I think I write about the things I got wrong often enough. I'd love, love, LOVE to read people from the other side of the aisle talk about what they got wrong. They don't, do they? Like, let's be honest, where do they hold their hand up and say "hey, I was wrong." I'll wait.

Finally: Bro, the GK thing... lol I swear to God, I don't understand how you can look at those numbers and act like Tata should be excused. Don't worry, I look forward to you posting more gifs, because everyone knows anecdotal evidence is always stronger than data. Also, I know you don't do this, but the fact I get lumped into spin force... meanwhile you guys are the OJ defense team for Tata being a shit keeper. Yet, I'm the one who spins. On God.

Why Maldini doesn't get a new keeper? How am I supposed to know that? Maybe they're like "fuck it, Maignan will be back at the start of February, that's a few more games, and the guy we want to back him up cannot get out of his contract until summer, so that's what we're going to do. It'll suck but this is the more responsible thing, long-term." But that's just a theory. Maybe the only keepers they want, are not available? Or maybe they don't want to come in for the few games they'd play to come on loan because Maignan will be back? Like, that's part of it, isn't it? They have signed Sportiello, he's coming in the summer, to be the backup. Maldini has shown he will wait, like he did for Tomori, right? But again, these are all just my theories. I'm talking out of my ass, I don't have inside knowledge, but I get treated like I'm fucking Di Marzio predicting Benzema coming here.

Because I honestly don't know. But the answer to everything is "we're broke." No one outside of England is spending. Why isn't Real Madrid spending? Why isn't Barca spending? I don't know what the strategy is with Maldini, but neither do you guys.

Like, take the Zaniolo. If Roma agreed to 20m do you think the deal gets done? I think so. I don't think he's worth 20m, honest-to-God, but at 20m we probably close that deal. So is it about money?

Just because you don't like my answers, doesn't mean that the alternative is what you offer me, so no, I reject that framing of our keeper situation.

This got way longer than I thought it would, so my bad, I figured I'd give you a thorough response, which I hope you read with a friendly tone, which is my intent. You don't have to respond if you don't want to, lol.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pep said it in an interview that he never sleep on the same team & always need to introduce two hungry players that will also motivate the old guard to perform & they never sleep on their status.
Probably a big reason why he is able to constantly stay relevant & a contender for the league title.
Damn, Pep is such a visionary. Why don't all coaches just do what Pep does?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
TBH - that is like team dynamics 101, It aint rocket science

We were discussing it during the last debacle....I mean super cup match

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
Chelsea city liverpool all have primavera in their starting 11 this season...
Pioli wont even use 22 year olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule