• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
The ‘work harder’ phrase triggers me because working harder isn’t the problem. The players are working very hard, in fact they’re working way too hard so they look dead on the pitch.

It’s about working smart and changing tactics/lineups and rotating. Giroud is 36 yo and he played the WC. How can you not rest him? At least rest this guy for gods sake. He’s our big game player who will need in prime shape during the CL matches. A tournament he has experience in and he’s actually a CL winner. Our other players don’t have that experience at all. And here we are, burning him to the ground before the CL matches.

I’m still having faith in Pioli but god damn it, he’s really testing it. My issue isn’t about failing as per, it’s about insanity. I don’t mind failing if it meant we tried something different. Okay I do mind but the pain would be less.

I’ve been having issues with Pioli lineup all year long, the issues were still glaring. But it was getting us decent results so I wasn't complaining too much.
agree but he knows his job may slowly be on the line. in such situations coaches often rely even more on the players they can count on.
origi instead of giroud will probably not happen for now.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If we lost all our good players for free you can make a reasonable case as to why it’s all “unavoidable” including say Leao. But none of these is actually unavoidable

Our problem goes back to letting Donnaruma go for free. 2 EPL clubs had 80 million each to spend on goalkeepers and that would have been pure capital gains for us. We let them spend it on a Spanish youngster that had a lower profile than Donnaruma and on Allison who played in the same league.

Our resurgence could have started faster had we cashed in on Donna for 80/85 million. For FFP purposes this would have given us the flexibility and money to strengthen the team. Then we went ahead and lost more first team players for free.

The problem with Dollar was always his agent. I don't remember any official 80 million bids for Dollar when Chelsea bought Kepa. There may have been I just don't remember!

With regards to Leao if we had gotten a bid anywhere near his release clause I would have sold already. I'm not convinced he has the mentality to reach the very top. If he did I think he would have been gone already. I certainly would sell in the summer if he hasn't renewed.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It's not about denying it or not

There's a reason why premier league outspends all other leagues by some margin. There's more money over there.

Also, compare us to teams that play in Europe, because spending over a certain budget can throw u out of CL/EL as we know from a couple of years ago.

But we are not only getting outbid/outspent by teams playing in Europe. It's also happening by teams that don't play in Europe, like Villa. And that was the whole point I was making.

I agree with you though. Italian sides (take Milan for example) are highly dependent on European competition and success. Everything from prize money, to sponsorship values. If we miss the CL, we are screwed. Miss it a couple years in a row, and even our shirt sponsors will become miniscule again. So in that aspect, EPL sides have this big portion of "guaranteed" cash flow. But they are still spending more than they make. It means they are willing to "risk", or invest if you will. This is money they don't have. But they know it'll come in. At least a big portion of it. Milan other other hand operates in fear of not making the CL. But it's a double edged sword. At the end of the day, we need owners that are willing to risk. That are willing to invest and make sure we stay competitive. All while in the meantime we work towards our own stadium and staying relevant in Europe in order to grow revenue organically through increased sponsorships. Once revenue gets to about 500M, the investment/risk/cash injection from the ownership can safely stop as the club can operate within its parameters. Leverage if needed and know it can come good on its debt. Pay good salaries to keep top players and also make important signings. Etc.

Trick is, there is zero chance we get to 500M in revenue without a stadium and zero chance we get there with these cheap signings of young players thinking all of them will always work out. The strategy is bound to "fail" sooner or later, or even occasionally (by fail I mean miss out on the CL). And when it does, we get a massive drop in revenue yet again and that 500m target gets even further away.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
But we are not only getting outbid/outspent by teams playing in Europe. It's also happening by teams that don't play in Europe, like Villa. And that was the whole point I was making.
My point was that maybe they can overspend because they don't have an European competition to get thrown out of.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Pioli asked all the players but in particular De Ketelaere during the week to work in a simple way and to make simple plays. Possibility for #Rebic who proved to be a starter in yesterday's training"

@PeppeDiSte

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
#Mourinho : "Zaniolo has told everyone that he no longer wants to wear the Roma shirt. I'm focused on the group that wants to fight for this shirt and Nicolò isn't in it"
Now do you believe me that he’s as good as ours this summer?

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
I was listening to this podcast about FFP and they were explaining the new regulations (which strongly favor our model) and the point they were making was how Covid has hit the entire industry hard, but, that what has happened is that it hasn't hit the industry equally.

The EPL were able to weather the Covid storm far better than La Liga, Serie A, or the Bundesliga.

The funny part is how the English reporters dance around the fact that their country is home to dirty money, with their league being the beneficiary of that. They act like it's just about tv rights, when the foundations of City and Chelsea, among others, is rooted in foreign money that is parked in England for various reasons.
That’s why its silly to read people on these forums use Milan as a punchline around the issue of spending money on transfers, the only clubs who can buy are ones who sell their best players regularly and English clubs. That’s it. So find an actual reason to be mad at Milan management. Seriously, read a newspaper or something.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Exactly. When you need money tremendously and you have great holes in your first 11, you shouldnt save your backup average midfielder just for home quota . We should sell pobega for 15 . Now he cant play and his value is down falling. We have 0 idea how and when to sell a player.
Meanwhile we let our reliable backup Italian center back for free to our rival and buy never playing thiaw for 7 m.
So just this 2 operation is minus 22 MILLION. Add Messias To This 27 million. It nearly means free botman .
You make your defense
Theo-tomori-botman-kalulu
Also you don’t need florenzi when you can play kalulu on right so 3 m net wages is out. Also you would not have to loan dest because both of our rb’s is injured. So 6 m gross is saved.

This is a simple operation and you don’t have to be genius. So we don’t have money thing about summer is bullshit. MM were total amateurs and just fucked up in worst way. They kept all pieces with zero strategy. They chose the worst pieces to buy and they skipped the genuine talents hard to skip. And some people here say it is not disastrous. I claim even you put a serie d director and say you will get 100 million euro to yourself by doing everything wrong he probaby would do 1 thing good accidentally.Our summer transfer window was 0/100 , 0/1000 whatever and total disaster. This years first responsibles is MM by far than stubborn pioli by far than our broke owners.

Money of course is a problem but in that special case for 22-23 season incompetence is the main problem
100%…I don’t blame RedBird for not giving Maldini a penny this winter after he catastrophically fucked up the summer budget by wasting 50m on CDK, Thiaw, Adli and Vrancx who’ve made ZERO impact, failed to sell a single player including Kessie + Romagnoli, redeemed fodder Messias and handed out lucrative long term contracts to injury prone players like Origi + Florenzi.

In fact, if I was in Gerry’s shoes I’d do exactly the same thing and hold Paolo accountable and FORCE him to sell players before he can buy :g::gt:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now do you believe me that he’s as good as ours this summer?
But why would we want someone who causes headaches and is a distraction?

Mourinho seems to have, out of nowhere, shit on Karsdorp (judging by how Karsdorp reacted to being called out publicly) so unless Zaniolo's protests are related to Mourinho acting similarly (which I don't see evidence of) then why would we want a kid who is removing himself from selection to force a transfer?

Team spirit is one of the major ingredients to this team's success. This isn't a group of professionals who do their job, win, and go their separate ways. They are all about teamwork and working together, and Zaniolo seems like the antithesis to this entire vibe.

We should be spending more money, but Christ if means avoiding players like Zaniolo and Faivre, then I'm as happy as can be.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The ‘work harder’ phrase triggers me because working harder isn’t the problem. The players are working very hard, in fact they’re working way too hard so they look dead on the pitch.

It’s about working smart and changing tactics/lineups and rotating. Giroud is 36 yo and he played the WC. How can you not rest him? At least rest this guy for gods sake. He’s our big game player who will need in prime shape during the CL matches. A tournament he has experience in and he’s actually a CL winner. Our other players don’t have that experience at all. And here we are, burning him to the ground before the CL matches.

I’m still having faith in Pioli but god damn it, he’s really testing it. My issue isn’t about failing as per, it’s about insanity. I don’t mind failing if it meant we tried something different. Okay I do mind but the pain would be less.

I’ve been having issues with Pioli lineup all year long, the issues were still glaring. But it was getting us decent results so I wasn't complaining too much.
Exactly, now that Rebic is fully fit, he needs to rotate him with giroud. Why is he fielding the same tired lineup every match?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
he’s a company man. don't expect him to turn on the management after winning a title for the first time.:lol:
It’s not even about management, but him not realizing that his tactics are no longer working

voom

Banned
Reaction score
100%…I don’t blame RedBird for not giving Maldini a penny this winter after he catastrophically fucked up the summer budget by wasting 50m on CDK, Thiaw, Adli and Vrancx who’ve made ZERO impact, failed to sell a single player including Kessie + Romagnoli, redeemed fodder Messias and handed out lucrative long term contracts to injury prone players like Origi + Florenzi.

In fact, if I was in Gerry’s shoes I’d do exactly the same thing and hold Paolo accountable and FORCE him to sell players before he can buy :g::gt:

In other news ,Juve selling shit players for big money.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
#Mourinho : "Zaniolo has told everyone that he no longer wants to wear the Roma shirt. I'm focused on the group that wants to fight for this shirt and Nicolò isn't in it"
Bello Nicolo 👏

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

In other news ,Juve selling shit players for big money.

They’re making a decent profit on this scrub. We need to learn how to sell players. We’re pathetic when it comes to transfers.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Imagine if CDK hade exploded this season instead of missing his mama, Adli was an actual footballer and Origi wasn't a steaming pile of shit.

This season would have looked different. :o
The definition of an unserious post

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
But why would we want someone who causes headaches and is a distraction?

Mourinho seems to have, out of nowhere, shit on Karsdorp (judging by how Karsdorp reacted to being called out publicly) so unless Zaniolo's protests are related to Mourinho acting similarly (which I don't see evidence of) then why would we want a kid who is removing himself from selection to force a transfer?

Team spirit is one of the major ingredients to this team's success. This isn't a group of professionals who do their job, win, and go their separate ways. They are all about teamwork and working together, and Zaniolo seems like the antithesis to this entire vibe.

We should be spending more money, but Christ if means avoiding players like Zaniolo and Faivre, then I'm as happy as can be.
Mind you the team spirit and teamwork you talking about is currently nonexistent on this team

voom

Banned
Reaction score
They’re making a decent profit on this scrub. We need to learn how to sell players. We’re pathetic when it comes to transfers.
We sold two world class players for 60 millions :lol: . T.Silva at that time was the best defender in the world , Ibra Top 3 striker.

We don't know how to sell.

It was a problem in B&G era ,and it is problem now .

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Hopefully some posters on here are not serious when they want to start Vazquez between the sticks tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule