Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What are messias stats? 😭😭
Messies is useless. He is also 10 years older than zaniolo.

It has never been a problem for milan to tame shitheads. Even balotelli was crucial for us at some point.
Messias
2g 1a in ca. 800min in Serie A
1g in c. 60min in CL

Zaniolo
1g in ca. 900min Serie A
1g 3a in ca. 200min EL

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Serie A MVP cannot perform without Theo. We better give Theo a raise. Shame Rebic has retired otherwise pioli would have benched his ass

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We sold two world class players for 60 millions :lol: . T.Silva at that time was the best defender in the world , Ibra Top 3 striker.

We don't know how to sell.

It was a problem in B&G era ,and it is problem now .
We also sold Cutrone and Suso for 40m. That always gets forgotten when people complain about our sales. We have problems selling, but when when Maldini sold players on his terms, he usually got a great deal.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly.

But I wouldn't lump in Piatek, since we ended up with a loss overall with him
But considering how bad he looked (literally contributed nothing on the field other than his pitiful dives and pathetic face he made at the ref) and how much lower he's gone (Berlin -> Fiorentina (didn't pick up the option) -> Salernitana) it was still an amazing feat we found the next idiot to take him for 24m too iirc.

My expectation was that we were going to be dragged into Bacca type deals where we end up loaning him out over and over only to lose him around 10-11m which is what he's worth now.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I used to look at net spendings too but @omer486 made a good point that emphasizing and comparing the increase or decrease of overall payroll (ammortisation + net wages + taxes) would probably be more telling.

Yes, we spent most of all Serie A without selling players. But we let many players with huge overall costs to the overall payroll walk away too. I think this season we might have even a lower overall payroll compared to last season despite a net spending of >40M (highest in Serie A this season), which relativates the net spending in return.
Our overall squad costs dropped by around 20m overall this summer before this season's renewals (my numbers were 130m last season). With the renewals, including Leao, we end up at around 117m based on my numbers.

1674931220105.png

It's this significant drop in overall costs, plus the rapid increase in revenue, that's taking us really close to breaking even. It's also the reason why I was shocked we spent so little in the summer. It was inexplicable to me that the ownership decided that a squad that won the title needed to reduce their squad costs again. I expected them to at least keep spending on the same level.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The only publication that alluded to us pulling out of the Faivre negotiations due to his conduct was tuttoshit.

According to Di Marzio, Brest rejected multiple bids from us during that window. They initially wanted €18m, before dropping to €15m plus bonuses. However, Paul only offered €10m and then €12m + €3m bonuses. After they saw how unserious Paul was to conduct business, they made the decision to take Faivre completely off the market and not sell him.

But, let’s choose to believe the children’s bedtime story that the heroic Paul decided against pushing for Faivre due to his moral standard (that he apparently doesn’t uphold for Zaniolo). :proud:

English is the lingua franca, he must deal with being called Paul if we must deal with him wasting €35m. :PThinking:
He also likes to leave out how Brest SD came out and said that what was offered by Milan was far from what was reported in the media...

Then Faivre acted up and didn't want to travel and then the discipline came which gave us the out.

Samu killed the deal when he refused to moved but that doesn't fit into the 'we have money and don't go past our valuation' narrative

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our overall squad costs dropped by around 20m overall this summer. With the renewals, including Leao, we end up at around 117m based on my numbers.

View attachment 14648

It's this significant drop in overall costs, plus the rapid increase in revenue, that's taking us really close to breaking even. It's also the reason why I was shocked we spent so little in the summer. It was inexplicable to me that the ownership decided that a squad that won the title needed to reduce their squad costs again. I expected them to at least keep spending on the same level.
Brk, what are driving our losses? Edit: I've found conflicting reports, I was wondering if you knew the main drivers.

BobbySwizz

Primavera
Reaction score
I think a lot can be done with free transfers this summer to strengthen this squad.

Backup LB - Emanuele Valeri (Italian homegrown)
CB - Evan N'Dicka
CM - Jorginho (Italian homegrown)
CF - Marcus Thuram (This is probably unrealistic with all the competition for his signature but he grew up as a Milan fan)

I know somebody liked Omar Marmoush on here - he can backup both wings with Rebic potentially out. His contract ends
That CB Omeragic has his contract ending

That would open up solid transfer budget for a talent at RW

BobbySwizz

Primavera
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone posted this:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I think a lot can be done with free transfers this summer to strengthen this squad.

Backup LB - Emanuele Valeri (Italian homegrown)
CB - Evan N'Dicka
CM - Jorginho (Italian homegrown)
CF - Marcus Thuram (This is probably unrealistic with all the competition for his signature but he grew up as a Milan fan)

I know somebody liked Omar Marmoush on here - he can backup both wings with Rebic potentially out. His contract ends
That CB Omeragic has his contract ending

That would open up solid transfer budget for a talent at RW
Jorginho is the most realistic option on that list but N’Dicka has a lot of suitors and is probably EPL bound. However, I wonder if we can snag St.Maximin on a loan with option deal this summer which would allow us to spend the 50m mercato budget on Zaniolo (20m) and a new CB (30m).

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brk, what are driving our losses? Edit: I've found conflicting reports, I was wondering if you knew the main drivers.

This is the clearest explanation of 21/22.

Total operating expenses were 265.9m (170m wages, 95.7m other expenses). Add to that non cash flow expenses (player amortization + writedowns) and it is 342.3m. Everything is clear here except for the 'other expenses' obviously. So ignoring that, our sporting and staff expenses is 246.6m.

The only thing they mention for other expenses were for staging games at San Siro, rent for San Siro (4.8m).

So I guess the simplest answer is that our squad costs were just way out of line with our revenue for a long, long time. We're finally reaching a point of balance where we're operationally profitable. They probably want to make sure we're at that point and only then start spending as we increase revenue further. Meaning this point is the floor, and we only start growing as we grow our revenue further.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

This is the clearest explanation of 21/22.

Total operating expenses were 265.9m (170m wages, 95.7m other expenses). Add to that non cash flow expenses (player amortization + writedowns) and it is 342.3m. Everything is clear here except for the 'other expenses' obviously. So ignoring that, our sporting and staff expenses is 246.6m.

The only thing they mention for other expenses were for staging games at San Siro, rent for San Siro (4.8m).

So I guess the simplest answer is that our squad costs were just way out of line with our revenue for a long, long time. We're finally reaching a point of balance where we're operationally profitable. They probably want to make sure we're at that point and only then start spending as we increase revenue further. Meaning this point is the floor, and we only start growing as we grow our revenue further.
Thank you. It's the "other expenses" that gets me. I want to know what they are, because they are... significant.

It has to be all the damage done from Li and F&M, otherwise, I cannot fathom where that sort of damage would come from.

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Sassuolo:

Tatarusanu; Calabria, Kalulu, Kjær, Theo Hernandez; Tonali, Pobega; Saelemaekers, De Ketelaere, Leao; Giroud

via @SkySport

There is 0 excuses for this starting lineup. 0. Pioli has either lost it or is fucking dumb.

Anyone on here who wants to make excuses as well is no different.

Sale and cdk were both on the right hand side in the last game. Why not put cdk on the right? I dont know what to say. The guy needs to go asap. I guarantee, even if we win this, it wont be convincing. Shocking that he even said that. Shows what a shit show he is in. Secondly, inter will spank us and so with spurs if we dont have a 3 man midfield.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probable lineup vs. Sassuolo:

Tatarusanu; Calabria, Kalulu, Kjær, Theo Hernandez; Tonali, Pobega; Saelemaekers, De Ketelaere, Leao; Giroud

via @SkySport

There is 0 excuses for this starting lineup. 0. Pioli has either lost it or is fucking dumb.

Sale and cdk were both on the right hand side in the last game. Why not put cdk on the right? I dont know what to say. The guy needs to go asap. I guarantee, even if we win this, it wont be convincing. Shocking that he even said that. Shows what a shit show he is in. Secondly, inter will spank us and so with spurs if we dont have a 3 man midfield.
If they can’t beat a crappy Sassuolo side at home tomorrow then it’s unlikely they win the derby either and that’s when they sack Pioli. They’ll be out of the top 4.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Don't know if anyone posted this:

I referred to it a few days ago but no dont think anyone posted it.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

1674933936253.gif

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
We can't string 3 passes and the team looks amateurish so the solution is to field the same line up
stefano-pioli.gif

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If they can’t beat a crappy Sassuolo side at home tomorrow then it’s unlikely they win the derby either and that’s when they sack Pioli. They’ll be out of the top 4.
You think that a loss today and the derby = sack Pioli?

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You think that a loss today and the derby = sack Pioli?
It should be but i doubt it. Maldini is being stubborn. You heard what he said. This is the first time Maldini is being critiqued, if pioli fails it also means he failed this season. But i dont see it that way. The main problem with pioli for me: 1) injury record is horrific 2) failed completely in using any of the summer signings 3) was always stuck with 4231 even when it didnt make sense, but now the two issues he created himself at 1 and 2 has lead him to have to change, but due to his lack of tactics he is being found out. And he is now stuck, cos by changing he admits to faults, something he has never admitted.

The reasons above specifically means he should not be leading us short, medium or long term as we need an injection of new ideas.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I don't believe he will get fired, but he is risking his job next season.

He'a acting dumb. I don't know what is happening to him anymore.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
This dude is EXACTLY what we need on the right flank next season. Hopefully a loan with option/obligation deal is possible this summer freeing us to spend the 50m mercato budget on other positions…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule