• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
So, we all wanted Renato Sanches in the summer.

He has played 11 games in the league this year, 9 as a sub, for an all-dominating PSG team.

He has an average rating of 6.48, aka shite.

Are people still made that Maldini didn't buy him? I am cherry picking but I never see him mentioned anymore... is it because he's flopped and it's not convenient as an argument any more?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He has played 11 games in the league this year, 9 as a sub, for an all-dominating PSG team.

Are people still made that Maldini didn't buy him? I am cherry picking but I never see him mentioned anymore... is it because he's flopped and it's not convenient as an argument any more?
We are mad that Maldini wasted the whole summer chasing him instead of closing Enzo who was 1 signature away. Oh, and he was cheaper and requested less in wages.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We are mad that Maldini wasted the whole summer chasing him instead of closing Enzo who was 1 signature away. Oh, and he was cheaper and requested less in wages.
So, please still find a reason to bash on Maldini.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You think that a loss today and the derby = sack Pioli?
For a club that needs to make money to spend money missing out on the CL would be a catastrophe.

Plus Pioli continues the same formation with the same players with no tactical changes. How long do you continue to ride the spiral?

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
For a club that needs to make money to spend money missing out on the CL would be a catastrophe.

Plus Pioli continues the same formation with the same players with no tactical changes. How long do you continue to ride the spiral?
Only MM know...

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

But MMM were the ones who wanted Renato
And they failed to sign him only because couldn't agree on price with Lille

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
juventus logo

JUVENTUS FOOTBALL CLUB

Cristiano Ronaldo is ready to cooperate with investigators in the Prisma investigation in a bid to clear his name.

The attacker is one of the main men in the investigation into Juve’s finances after they agreed on paying the forward partly under the table.

The black and whites signed the agreement, but Ronaldo did not on the advice of his lawyers. Nevertheless, the attacker still wants the 20m euros both parties agreed on.

A report on Il Bianconero reveals Ronaldo is now ready to speak to the Turin Prosecutors’ office as he is the only player the investigators haven’t listened to until now.

Juve FC Says

Ronaldo knows he will struggle to get the money Juve owes him if he does not cooperate with the investigators, which is why he has changed his mind.

This case shows Juve could suffer even more punishment after losing 15 points and it will be interesting to see how the club can defend itself.

For now, as fans, we believe that we have done nothing wrong until after the appeal and we hope the points deduction will be overturned and the Prisma investigation will not bring more punishment.

If it does, we will have to pay the price for our actions in the past.

witchlaugh.gif

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
But MMM were the ones who wanted Renato
And they failed to sign him only because couldn't agree on price with Lille

yes and no...

they prioritized funds elsewhere

also, you're missing the point. The ones that 'got away' aren't all proving them wrong

Dravidian

Primavera
Reaction score
The only publication that alluded to us pulling out of the Faivre negotiations due to his conduct was tuttoshit.

According to Di Marzio, Brest rejected multiple bids from us during that window. They initially wanted €18m, before dropping to €15m plus bonuses. However, Paul only offered €10m and then €12m + €3m bonuses. After they saw how unserious Paul was to conduct business, they made the decision to take Faivre completely off the market and not sell him.

But, let’s choose to believe the children’s bedtime story that the heroic Paul decided against pushing for Faivre due to his moral standard (that he apparently doesn’t uphold for Zaniolo). :proud:

English is the lingua franca, he must deal with being called Paul if we must deal with him wasting €35m. :PThinking:

This Faivre story has probably dragged on unnecessarily & we all seem to misremember the timelines. Clearly, at the time, we were looking for a low cost option for RW and Faivre fit the bill. Brest wanted Faivre to play while they negotiated with us - which he refused to (foolishly). Brest accused us of using the player to force the transfer & refused to negotiate with us after that. So the deal fell through.

When Faivre deal fell through, we got Junior Messias. After that, Faivre continued to court us for the next 6 months - but we did not reciprocate. A lot of the stories about Maldini not liking his attitude cropped up during this time. But we were not in the market for a RW by then (rightly or wrongly), plus Brest were still angry with us. There were a lot of theories about us replacing Samu with Faivre - but that was never really on. Samu was surplus at the time. So it didn't really matter what Maldini thought of Faivre, we were not going to get him.

Sure, there are similarities with Zaniolo story in that Zaniolo is forcing a move (in a more "compliant" way). And that was true even with the CDK transfer. But neither of them refused to join the team after being named in the team sheet (at least so far :lol:).

Personally, I'd prefer if we moved on from deals like these - the ones that drag on. And generally, M&M have operated with lot of secrecy from the media - but I guess there are these odd cases which can't be helped. Both Zaniolo & CDK agreed to reduce their wage demands to make the deal happen when agreement with clubs couldn't be reached. That is probably a point in their favour.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
yes and no...

they prioritized funds elsewhere

also, you're missing the point. The ones that 'got away' aren't all proving them wrong
Yes, this is my point.

"Everyone they didn't follow through on is tearing it up! They should have bought every target! ... apart from Renato, where they were right to fail on that one and should have got Enzo instead"

Didn't City fail on Enzo too? We weren't the only club bigger than Benfica interested.

Who else were we linked with last year who we failed to get?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Messias
2g 1a in ca. 800min in Serie A
1g in c. 60min in CL

Zaniolo
1g in ca. 900min Serie A
1g 3a in ca. 200min EL
zaniolo born in 1999
Messias born in 1991

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Rumoured players -
  • Botman - doing well enough at Newcastle
  • Sanches - stinking it up at PSG
  • Zanioli - we're still linked
  • Lingard and Gibbs-White - No thanks
  • Enzo - Clearly missed out
  • Noa Lang - Is he doing well?
  • Scamacca - Flopping
  • Hamed Traore - Not a clue
  • Onyedika - Don't know
  • Oliver Ross and Tomasso Mancini - Have never heard of these two
  • Ronaldo - No thanks
  • Lokonga - Arsenal doing well, him not so much
  • Chukwuemeka - not done much
  • Tanganga - Not done much
  • Berardi - Not doing too well.

That's enough for now.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
I think at least one should

Hell, I will settle for reliable replacement or simply trustworthy
It depends on what kind of player you buy. One shouldn’t expect a young player coming from one of Europe’s lesser leagues to immediately light up the league. Perhaps if you are bringing in mid-career, established players who have played in comparable or stronger championships, then yes we should expect them to produce immediately.

Milan no longer have the ability to take risks on players you expect to become stars immediately. The management has said so explicitly. Young guys who have a huge upside are the way forward, we can’t afford to risk buying ready made players.

Origi and Bakayoko are good examples. Both came from England via Germany and France respectively, they are both between 25-28, both command a decent wage between 3-4 million Euros a season. Unless they ball out, there is a low chance that they will be worth as much as they were when we purchased them. And both have so far been flops (although I still have hope that Origi will eventually come good). Thank god Baka was a loan with a clause otherwise we’d be proper fucked. Imagine if we’d paid their market value for their services.

CDK came to Italy from Belgium at the age of 21, cost us 35 million and gets a lower wage of 2-2.5 million Euros/season. Even if he “flops”, at 21, he’ll be worth roughly 25 million two years from now. If he eventually explodes he’ll be worth 70-100. I don’t expect him to do so this year, it may well be next year or the year after that he truly blossoms. From a financial standpoint thats a good risk to take.

I hope all our young players hit their stride next game and we win 17 games in a row. They probably won’t though. So we wait, because thats where we are as a club.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thank you. It's the "other expenses" that gets me. I want to know what they are, because they are... significant.

It has to be all the damage done from Li and F&M, otherwise, I cannot fathom where that sort of damage would come from.
Apparently we’re a lot lower on ‘other expenses’ than Juve and Inter. I’m guessing debt financing is in there?

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Hojlund is a stud. Phenomenal talent and physical specimen. Would love him here. We will never have him so can we find a similar profile please? :PThinking:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
It depends on what kind of player you buy. One shouldn’t expect a young player coming from one of Europe’s lesser leagues to immediately light up the league. Perhaps if you are bringing in mid-career, established players who have played in comparable or stronger championships, then yes we should expect them to produce immediately.

Milan no longer have the ability to take risks on players you expect to become stars immediately. The management has said so explicitly. Young guys who have a huge upside are the way forward, we can’t afford to risk buying ready made players.

Origi and Bakayoko are good examples. Both came from England via Germany and France respectively, they are both between 25-28, both command a decent wage between 3-4 million Euros a season. Unless they ball out, there is a low chance that they will be worth as much as they were when we purchased them. And both have so far been flops (although I still have hope that Origi will eventually come good). Thank god Baka was a loan with a clause otherwise we’d be proper fucked. Imagine if we’d paid their market value for their services.

CDK came to Italy from Belgium at the age of 21, cost us 35 million and gets a lower wage of 2-2.5 million Euros/season. Even if he “flops”, at 21, he’ll be worth roughly 25 million two years from now. If he eventually explodes he’ll be worth 70-100. I don’t expect him to do so this year, it may well be next year or the year after that he truly blossoms. From a financial standpoint thats a good risk to take.

I hope all our young players hit their stride next game and we win 17 games in a row. They probably won’t though. So we wait, because thats where we are as a club.
My response was in general - in a window if you are expected to wait an entire season before any of your signings can be trusted then your team is obviously stacked or some mistakes were made.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Everyone is going to have get behind the players Milan have now at this point it can be difficult when they do not perform, by all means discuss missed targets all you want but it won’t change the outcome.

Pioli just needs to rotate the squad more and alternate the tactical approach to suit the player rather than continue to playing variations of the same formation where players struggle to adjust/perform. And the players themselves need to get their act together play as they need to in order to get a winning cycle up and running.

Sassuolo tomorrow early game too so I hope the players are ready to go and get 3 points. They need to start a winning cycle. They are very capable of collectively overcoming this dip in form. But they need to start that winning cycle tomorrow.

Forza Milan ⭐⭐

Last edited:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
My response was in general - in a window if you are expected to wait an entire season before any of your signings can be trusted then your team is obviously stacked or some mistakes were made.
I agree that mistakes were made, specifically in the market strategy. But also in the manager’s tactics. Pioli wasn’t given a new RW or a ready-made CM to rotate with or displace “Ben-tonali”, but instead of changing/finding a new balance in the side he elected to try and fit square pegs in round holes. This is Italy, everybody is a “tactician”. You have to switch up some mechanisms in your team or else other teams will set traps for you.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
My goodness - Lookman again

RBaggio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think we should play thiaw instead of kjaer, vranckx instead of pobega , cdk instead of diaz and origi instead of giroud. This is home game against sassuolo. One of the easiest game in schedule. We are in very bad shape and in losing direction. We can be %50 out of top 4.

Now our starters is in very bad shape and also our new transfers having zero effect so it creates so much criticism on both maldini and pioli (because he doesn’t give enough chance)

We will have no gain even if we win 2-0 like this by playing with same players. If we play with this 4 new transfers what we lose. Kjaer, pobega , Diaz, giroud no one of them is playing at least average.
Outcomes
1-we can earn some of new players , maybe thiaw , vranckx give good performance maybe origi , cdk scores and earn confidence
2-if none of them fail to perform pioli shows he doesn’t have responsibility about their contribution . All the blame on maldini then

So pioli wins in every way , Milan can win in one way but he stubbornly make same shit and hope something will change. We are not talking about leao , Theo , tonali , Bennacer , maignan etc. we are talking about underperformer average players why he doesn’t change it is hard to explain.

We have nothing to lose. With same players we didn’t win 5 game in a row. Inter 0-3 , lazio 0-4 , 10 men Torino in home 0-1.

We really very high risk to lose cl qualification . Change something for gods sake. There was a line about people doing always same thing but expecting different results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule