• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Pioli with back to back record breaking season.

On the bright side, this absolutely crisis has only cost us two league defeats so far, no?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
We were not fine with Maignan out last season. We went over this.
If you can’t see that kessie was crucial for pioli’s 4231 then your football knowledge has to be questioned

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What a confusing situation pioli create, he out thinks himself time and time again...

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Lool
Maignan was gone for like 2 months last season too and we seemed to be fine

KESSIE, say his name
Besides Kessie I think the fact that we won the title and then the new signings involved no significant increase of talent has led all to be very complacent.

Pioli has also become complacent or seems incapable of putting a plan together to have the team navigate the difficult parts of the season. The same way he seems lost and unable to manage our CL matches typify how this season was handled.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If you can’t see that kessie was crucial for pioli’s 4231 then your football knowledge has to be questioned
Kessie was great, but we could have done the same sort of thing with Krunic at AM (who was the one who played the AM role during the run in). Or Vranckx, or whoever, besides an attacker like Brahim or CDK. Or better yet, just play it safe while your team is imploding and play 433.

It's not about Kessie, he wouldn't help much if we're still playing this way. Marginal difference.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
From completely overachieving to complete embarrassment, I've never seen a team deteriorate so badly, so quickly.

Capello said it a few months back, that Milan became arrogant and that seems to be the case. The reality is that we were very fortunate to win the scudetto last season and somehow the management thought it would be ok to defend the title with a severely weakened squad.

We cannot afford to linger around at this level, we need to step out of shadow of mediocrity ASAP. There's no way around it, the management needs to spend some money on hiring a strong technical staff and some quality players. If it means selling some of our better players to fund new ones then so be it.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
What i'm afraid is maldini changing pioli with another italian coach. Yikes

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli with back to back record breaking season.

On the bright side, this absolutely crisis has only cost us two league defeats so far, no?
What's his record all comps and friendlies during WC

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Pioli is in charge, yes

This team has had these same issues since matchday one

People expecting anything to change while Pioli is in charge are delusional
Agreed. The coaching change will come after Inter spank them next week. Pioli lost the locker room. Not to mention he’s probably alienated some of the players by not playing them either.

They conceded 5 against a crappy Sassuolo, god only knows what will happen next week.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I take back everything I ever said about Gerry. I see the light now. Why would he give that imbecile Paul and his dimwit secretary a dollar of his shareholders’ hard earned money? We need a serious management. Hope both of them are sacked at the end of the season and we bring in some experts. Maldini was a legendary player but this line of work just isn’t cut out for him. Take up being an agent or be a pundit like everyone else.

What’s Paul going to say in the post-match interview? That we are still in the top 4? Hapless clown.

It’s quite obvious that Pioli has lost the dressing room. The players don’t care about him one bit. That was the most undisciplined performance I have ever seen. Conmebol qualifiers don’t have as much ill discipline as we showed today. Pretty much every one of our outfield players were booked. Giroud elbowing and kicking everyone in sight and krunic should’ve been sent off.

That’s the fourth match in a row where we conceded at least 2 goals, the third match in a row where we started off the match down 2-0 and the second match in a row where we lose by at least 3 goals. We conceded 5 goals to a sassuolo that is getting destroyed by everyone. Disgusting. The defence is deplorable. The dam has broken and we concede the cheapest goals.

The first goal is a result of lazy collective defending, Gabbia getting spun for the second goal and Tata is always getting beat at his near post! How did he not save that? We conceded off of yet another set piece for the third goal. Giroud and the others are ball watching while Berardi heads it in.

Calabria should not be playing anymore, let alone starting, let alone being our captain for goodness sake. Paul would beat this guy in a 100m race. As soon as the second half starts, we concede a cheap penalty because he’s running like he just came out of a Chinese buffet. He was ahead of the sassuolo player and still got beat to the ball. Just a sad combination of being physically inferior and lack of defensive awareness.

Matheus Henrique scores with ease as soon as he comes on like we were having a yard sale of goals at San siro. Disgraceful defending.

Offensively, everything we do is labourious. At the beginning of the slump, we were complaining about our inability to string 3 passes together. I kid you not, we can’t even complete two consecutive passes. The match was stop-start from the beginning. The long balls are torture. The two biggest culprits are tonali and Calabria. Inter, Lazio and sassuolo all played a simple game of being patient with their passes. How they played compared to us is night and day. We are forcing every little action. What’s the rush? This is all on Pioli. He has run out of ideas.

Why did he take off CDK for leao when he should’ve take off giroud? CDK was slowly building into the match. there were periods of that first half where he was invisible but he was getting on the ball when he had the chance and was building confidence. Taking him off at halftime is terrible for his confidence especially given the fact he didn’t really put a foot wrong and our static movement was a result of giroud and not him. He should’ve taken off giroud and moved Rebic up front.

I’m not even going to speak on Saelemaekers and especially not messias.

I don’t have any expectations for this season. We will need a miracle to stay in the top 4. I just hope this mess is cleaned up at the end of the season.

I don’t mind waking up early for my Milan. I will never complain about that. I just didn’t wake up to see this: 5E58595D-D9B1-4460-93B1-084597EE5932.jpeg

Lazio fans were mocking us with four fingers up last week and now sassuolo fans. We have become the whipping boys of these provinciali and we can’t complain about them because they are playing us off the park every week. Pioli has made us the running joke of Serie A. He must be stopped.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What @brk says about the midfield is obvious. The `4-2-3-1 leaves the midfield wide open. It's ok when the team is dominating, otherwise it's easy to get run over. It's suicide to play this style when the team is leaking in goals like crazy. 4-3-3 is the obvious solution, at least for the 1st half when the focus now should be on not conceding.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
As the ever positive, I will believe in an awakening derby win and progression against Tottenham. Under Pioli :proud:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Bring allegri back.

I'll take 5 of the ugliest 1-0 wins in a row.

And I mean really ugly. Like Qaas's black woman with big teeth smiling gif ugly.

nene-leakes-laughing.gif

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
There’s only 3 Italian coaches worth getting. Gasperini, Conte or De Zerbi. Or else you go foreign.
Gasp and conte are vile creatures, de zerbi just arrived in england

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule