The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So far he has shown that even when he talks like that, those changes will be within what he has already done…Krunic at AM perhaps or Rebic CF.
Honestly that’s pretty much what I’d do and what will solve a lot of problems. Give me CDK on the right too and I’ll pay for the new stadium myself.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
so hipotetically speaking they get rid of Pioli..

Who do you bring instead of him except Zizou?
I'd choose Enrique over anyone on that list, Zizou included.

Thing is, we all know it's going to be an italian dumbass once again.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Considering he hasn’t really shown any trait that would lead us to believe he would be our long term answer
Two consecutive strong seasons culminating in an overachieved domestic title?

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Who do you recommend to take over his place? Someone realistic…who wants to come here of course.
And if you know better why don’t you apply for his position? :D
You keep asking this question like there is no answer.

It doesnt have to be someone from outside. Someone from inside could get a promotion.

Time for Moncada to step up.

Or ideally a person like rui costa.

But based on current job description : watching games inertly at the stadium - a traffic cone would work as well.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are we the worst team to win a scudetto in the last 20 years?
No. It was a good team . Bench was solid. Ibra was contributing ,Kjaer and Tomori were playing great. Then Kalulu showed his quality after Kjaer injury .Kessie was strongest player in the league , in the midfield, Tonali replaced effectively Bennacer .Leao was unstoppable. Even Florenzi was great. Too many things align and it worked perfectly. Lazio win away was stratospheric boost. Almost forgot Mike.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t think he lost the team yet. But he is simply unable to get out of this due to his team selection and his hard/stubborn trust in some players….he simply won’t field the strongest line up. Or at least change and give the talented youngsters a chance and not rely on players who we know even at their best can only give 5-7/10 performances.

When we were mounting serious challenges for a few years and finally got the title, inter Lazio fans on twitter expected us (him) to crash like he did with them after good period. Long period of bad results that led to his sacking. Luckily it did not happen then.

But now I see why he goes though these long bad periods, when things start going wrong (which happens) he makes decisions to worsen the situation.

Sticking by your guns is admirable but in some cases it’s just stupid.

It’s almost like he’d rather do that and die just to be right than make some changes, Formation (I personally don’t think so) or like giving Vranckx, Adli, Thiaw even Vasquez a run and potentially show that he made a mistake by not giving them space if they do well.

That said, I think the management is reasonable and expect bad periods to happen and wouldn’t sack a coach for it…but when it seems the coach’s choices are almost guaranteeing that we don’t get out of this soon. Sabotaging things with stubbornness. anything could happen…

And that’s also how you lose the team and there is no returning when you reach that point.

Anyway I’m expecting similar results in the coming games.
His words after the game implied that he finally is admitting to himself that he can’t keep doing the same thing. That’s progress at least.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Are we the worst team to win a scudetto in the last 20 years?
We were not bad last year, nor the beginning of this season. We became bad as soon as the injuries started (which was to be expected) .. so somewhere around that lame away draw to Cremonese (around Oct or Nov).

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
His words after the game implied that he finally is admitting to himself that he can’t keep doing the same thing. That’s progress at least.
Considering this, I don't see an alternative that's better than supporting Pioli and getting through this. That's what I expect Paolo to do.

For all the excruciating pain of todays game we created a lot more than the last few against Lazio and Merda. Our defense however seems completely lost, I'd start Vasquez against Inter.

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
When kessie left and he saw he had issues it was simple, all managers do it, they adapt. Pep and far less managers sell players and change their team setup. But pioli continued to carry on as we were to the point that our best players have lost all confidence. We are out any running for anything this season but chl qualification. Its back to the drawing board now we will be out of top 4. There is no excuses for this. I keep saying the same thing but people dont hear me. He has absolutely lost the players. There is no doubt about it.

Gerry needs to be an owner. Come to italy to the derby. He needs to show face. Maldini needs support, and the fans need them to show leadership. The problem is the spiral has been so bad its now so hard to get out of it. Its not like we are losing 2 1 or 1 0, we are getting spanked game after game. The lecce game showed the players lost all appetite after getting it back to 2 2. Not once had pioli said he will take responsibility for this. He keeps saying play harder. The guy knows his days are up and changing tactics now wont save him unless we have a run in chl.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And damn near every player I don’t like was signed by him too. What’s your point?

What's the difference from when he took over till now?

Performances/Value etc. have these things improved? Now compare that to the budget that he's been given

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
He should have known better.

Coaches don’t get input under this leadership. If we excuse Pioli based on that we’d have to excuse Giampaolo as well
sure but giampaolo didn't have any strong arguments in his favor tho. pioli at least took this team to the CL and won a scudetto with them. it's brutal when you don't get key players replaced despite that.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
True.

What to do about the defense tho? Kalulu's been making mistakes left and right and his confidence seems shot. Kjaer is frail and slow, Gabbia is a complete mediocrity. Not the ideal moment to start Thiaw vs Inter but what are our options?

Calabria and Theo have been straight garbage but I trust them both to find their feet again. But I'm concerned with CB if Kjaer is not reliable anymore.
If we agree that the whole machine is broken, imo it’s useless to start singling players… everybody looked great when the machine worked great, I expect the reverse effect when the machine is broken.

Fik and Kalulu are high line defenders, with a lot of space behind them, not reactive defenders. If you play them sitting deep you get what you get… we got them SPECIFICALLY to play that football. And since this season started we’re playing low.

If you buy ingredients to bake a cake and change your mind that you want cook lasagna… don’t be surprised it won’t be a great lasagna with those ingredients.

He’s changed everything he shouldn’t have (principles of plays of last seasons) and sticking with things he shouldn’t.

Last edited:

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Most urgent right now is for pioli to adjust as Gerry ain't giving maldini another dime it seems.

As much as I am disappointed with pioli, I'm still not a fan of changing coach mid season.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Most urgent right now is for pioli to adjust as Gerry ain't giving maldini another dime it seems.

As much as I am disappointed with pioli, I'm still not a fan of changing coach mid season.
How long time for adjustment ? 5 games not enough?

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini's SD skills still has apologists? :lol: :eek:

Christ on a cross. :fp:

Maldini, please open an onlyfans account and livestream your feet. Get your simps on RnB to at least fund a right winger for us.
he's forced to shop in the 99cent store and everyone wants a Gucci headband type of signing :lol:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Every year budget will be 35 millions ,until Maldini hit the jackpot with a player.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If they don't buy solid DM ala Casemiro Pioli needs at least to try 4-3-3 before getting sacked

not that new coach will do anything with this team

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What's the difference from when he took over till now?

Performances/Value etc. have these things improved? Now compare that to the budget that he's been given
What’s the point of values improving if we are going to hold onto them until their value is completely depreciated?

Who was our last profitable sale? Hauge? That’s piss poor.

We bought lazetic for €4.5m and now his value is €3m. He’s barely played in primavera the last two seasons and he doesn’t play in the first team. He hasn’t been sent on loan either. Gross mismanagement of a potentially appreciating asset.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
You keep asking this question like there is no answer.

It doesnt have to be someone from outside. Someone from inside could get a promotion.

Time for Moncada to step up.

Or ideally a person like rui costa.

But based on current job description : watching games inertly at the stadium - a traffic cone would work as well.

Well, people keep asking to replace Maldini without a proper plan 🤷🏽‍♂️
Is Moncada interested in the SD role?
Person like Rui Costa? I don’t know anyone else but Rui Costa who is like Rui Costa.

Reminds me a lot of the days we thought sacking Allegri, Seedorf, Inzaghi… would solve our problems.

Maldini has been on top for very long, im sure he knows how to deal with it.
Biggest problem is that Gerry isn’t opening his wallet.

So still no answer…

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I said that regarding renewing him this season?
Yes, but that was his two fresh achievements at the time he was renewed, why wouldn't that make him a smart long term option for this team? Because things weren't 100% smooth this season?

I still believe in CDK, reasons for which I all think we saw today. If he can still become a very good player for us I don't see how the mercato was such a failure by Paolo. What I do agree with you is that we have a flawed squad with too many maybes currently looking like maybe nots.

I still think we will turn this form around.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he's forced to shop in the 99cent store and everyone wants a Gucci headband type of signing :lol:
This same red herring every single time. :fp: Napoli, Lazio, Roma and most rivals are shopping in the same store, some even in the same aisle. Even clubs with a better budget are not wasting spending 90% of their budget on one player when there are gaping holes all over their squad.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sure but giampaolo didn't have any strong arguments in his favor tho. pioli at least took this team to the CL and won a scudetto with them. it's brutal when you don't get key players replaced despite that.
Imagine if he did though.

And we still hit this point. With how risk averse wed be set back for years back to year negative one again with team full of players we can’t get rid of.

They have shown that they are only loyal to keeping finances well and do not trust any managers (Giampaolo or Pioli). If results should suffer, we’d still be financially in tact to keep 50m markets instead of having to sell players on losses and get set back further.

Status
Not open for further replies.