The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How and why would anybody want conte here given his track record of throwing his toys out the pram if he doesn't get his way. 100% against that signing.

Gasperini is a good shout tbh 👍

Tuchel .... na we don't roll with the bundesbitches.

Not seen much of empoli so won't comment on Zanetti.

Allegri wasn't a good gamble as he had that provincial mentality. And it really showed in the ucl.

It's not as straight forward as people think in hiring a new manager. Options for our milan are limited.

My choice will always be Sarri. He doesn't need much to make some magic.
Lotito isn’t going to let Sarri go. Same for Gasperini with Atalanta. Especially if both make the CL. The likeliest Italian option for the summer will be Conte. Sounds like he’s coming back to Serie A. He’ll probably end up at either Milan, Juve or possibly Roma I think.

Tuchel is likely out of reach. From the foreigners I see guys like Poch or Luis Enrique as reasonable targets. Or they hire some cheap no name.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
We've had defensive lapses, but when your keeper lets in a shot, near post, for that second goal? And then to get beat at your near post for the third? Again? Tata is escaping being destroyed because of how bad things got after his two fuckups, but I think they were crucial.

Not forgetting milinkovic savic goal last week.... a side foot finish off his weaker foot. Ffs tata. If I was a defender I wouldn't even bother

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
We've had defensive lapses, but when your keeper lets in a shot, near post, for that second goal? And then to get beat at your near post for the third? Again? Tata is escaping being destroyed because of how bad things got after his two fuckups, but I think they were crucial.

I think that our defensive strength last year, it wasn't a mirage, it just had a great keeper there. Like most great teams do. Defensively impressive teams rely on their keepers, like, they do. Milan fans don't want to accept this, and it's genuinely a unique thing to Milan fans, I'm not even joking.

I've said this before, I think our club's history is unique among the elite clubs in that we don't really have legendary keepers in our history. Rossi and Dida are the best we have, and when you compare that to the fact that we have multiple GOAT-in-their-position candidates throughout our history, Maldini, Cafu, Nesta, Baresi, Gullit, MVB, etc etc that I think we look at relying or even leaning on a keeper to be like... a faux pas. Like how Americans don't like eating french fries with mayo, even if it tastes good.

Our defenses have been so suffocating that if your keeper has bailed you out, it's as if your defense wasn't really that strong. This is a notion I have, and my theory is that it stems from our history.

Mike conceded 8 goals in 7 games. If he was there, instead of Tata, we would be in a much better position. The stats point to that, overwhelmingly.

That does NOT excuse how bad this team has been, how defensively weak we've been, and how toothless our attack is.

Pioli is also a big part of the problem, with how he has set the team up, it's truly been astonishing watching him triple down on a concept that isn't fucking working when he's used a different, more conservative approach to win the Scudetto before.
There is no doubt whatsoever Pioli has been tactically inept this year compared to last and with Mike in goal Milan wouldn't resemble the shambles of a defence at the present time. Although I always considered Seba Rossi as a GOAT keeper, massively underestimated in his day if you ask me. I remember watching games on channels 4 and the European cup games marvelling at some of the reflex saves Rossi pulled off for such a tall guy. Ironically in a strange twist :lol: Rossi had the misfortune of having amazing defences protecting Milan's goal as did Dida it is part of the reason many don't see them as outstanding keepers which they were. Although I wasn't the biggest fan of the error prone Dida initially when he first arrived but in the end he did prove an excellent keeper.

Don't get me wrong while I have been very disappointed with the recent performances for want of a better word I think this season is very salvageable and second spot is not beyond the realm of impossibility. Having said that I'll echo the same sentiment the team as a whole need to start playing significantly better and close games out without giving all of us heart attacks. Gerry and redbird need to help MMM keep the quality players and replace all the liabilities with players that give greater depth. It doesn't have to be in one window or at a huge cost just give them more buying power to get the players they really want - not the ones they have to settle for.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it still possible for Bakayoko’s appearance clause to kick in? If not might as well play him and see how it goes over trash like Pobega. He’s probably the closest thing there is in this team to a Kessie.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zwndtu8sy1fa1.jpg

welp-there-you-go.gif

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
We aren’t going to pay for a premium manager

If Sportiello is the catalyst to rescue the season, I am all for it. Though I’m just not sure if it will be given how many other problems we have
Having Sportiello in goal instead of Butters can't fucking hurt :lol: (from now on Tata is Butters). The other issues can be amended if they have confidence in the man between the posts. Although it would help if they too stopped making stupid errors by controlling or closing down the space across the breath of the field of play making it more difficult for the opposition. And of course offering more of threat in the oppositions half.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Giampaolo in his seven games as official Milan coach:
  • 3 wins
  • 4 losses
  • 6 goals scored, 9 goals conceded
  • 1,29 PPG
Pioli in his last seven games with Milan (beginning with Salernitana on 4th January):
  • 1 win
  • 2 draws
  • 4 losses
  • 8 goals scored, 18 goals (!!) conceded
  • 0,71 PPG
Yes, we're more terrible than even GPs Milan right now, let that sink.

I'm an active Milan Fan since 2001 and I can't remember a worse run than January 2023. Has there ever been one, even during banter era, or is this the new rock bottom?

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agreed...Maldini got complacent over our somewhat fortunate Scudetto win and thought that the likes of Salad, Gabbia, Messias, Krunic etc. were good enough for another season so decided to put all his eggs in one basket (CDK) which exploded in his face. He also seriously underestimated the impact of both Kessie + Romagnoli last season and failed to replace them properly.

Complacency is the perfect word. Maldini thought small changes would keep us at a high level.

Hincapie as replacement :o

We gotta get drinks if you're ever in the Orlando area :proud:

@leaf the offer extends to you too brother :g:

Last edited:

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
What Milan needed the most:

A schedule break

That'd be top priority right now

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait, he used to play for Elliotts Lyon!? Now everything comes together.

Elliott owned Lille, not Lyon, if I remember correctly.

The thing I can't get over is that... Tata is among the bottom 10 keepers... in Europe's top 5 leagues! So out of at least 98 keepers, he is among the bottom ten keepers.

Insanity.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Goodbye from me
New banter era is here for sure and i csnt take one more in so short time.
I hope we see again with new owners and player until then goodluck and FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE
Goodbye

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Goodbye from me
New banter era is here for sure and i csnt take one more in so short time.
I hope we see again with new owners and player until then goodluck and FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE
Wait... Do not leave

The new and better banter era will officially start from the moment Devis Vasquez plays a match

We're close, I can feel it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule