The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Maldini building a monstrous squad for next season.
Maldini brings Botman, Sanchez, Adli, Belotti and a RW. Makes Milan scudetto team.

Pioli's stuff makes 75 injuries per season. Milan fights for top 4.

Pingu

Pioli #1 Fan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Maldini brings Botman, Sanchez, Adli, Belotti and a RW. Makes Milan scudetto team.

You also forgot the part where a referee rules out a last minute goal for us that would win us Scudetto despite all the injuries because a pigeon landed on the pitch so the game had to be cancelled due to a pitch invasion right as the ball went into the net.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Tbh, I can live with Belotti as our starting striker if they manage to bring all those remaining players to other positions. :o

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really hope this is true. Would be interesting to see the stats on how we've done when they've played together. Granted, last season Tonali doesn't really count and this year Bennacer hasn't been able to get going. Something tells me that it isn't a physically strong enough duo. But in truth, they probably are strong enough defensively.

I've felt this way even before the season started, that the main problem we've had since Hakan left was replacing his defensive contribution. With him, it was like a 3 man midfield when defending. This will hopefully be the case if Adli can force his way into the XI.

Diaz must regain our faith. He hasn't delivered offensively and he hasn't earned the right to be lazy/ineffective defensively. Unless we feel we are actually going to pay the buy-out, lets stop wasting our time trying to develop another teams talent. Utilize him as a sub who can be used when we need to be braver and are chasing a goal.

Funny thing is post lockdown Bennacer was the one bullying players around, even the big ones, not vice-versa. I remember this particularly well because it's always been my favorite characteristic of his... Protecting the ball under pressure, make a quick acceleration to get out of trouble, releasing the ball with some beauty of through passes or long balls. Dayum.

But also the way he rushed into duels no matter the opponents and just stole them the balls. Rarely saw someone that little combining both quantity and quality. Really a player that made me cheer a lot.

That's the Benny I need. Pair that one with Tonali and opponents will go crazy.

Re Hakan: I think in the first two months we saw that having a more attack oriented CAM doesn't hurt us at all. Pioli just used Hakan in the best way someone like Hakan has to be used and adopted the system to it. With Diaz, until his Covid, we were offensively much more dangerous and less predictable.

Problem is right now Diaz isn't hitting form and we have no real alternative. As it used to be with Hakan, if our CAM doesn't hit form, we look bad. And against Spezia, without someone like Tonali who could step up, our entire midfield just looked awful, even if stats would tell you that we created plenty of chances and were rather unlucky to not convert more of them. It's not entirely wrong, but in hindsight it feels like most of those chances were created by Leao. Once his batteries were empty, we barely created.

I'm not worried tho. Tonali will be back. Then Rebic will regain form sooner or later. Diaz hopefully too. Things will look better soon.

😅😅😅 Can't even argue against it.

Last edited:

leaf

Forum Grouch & disciple of Alex Jones (pbuh) #MAGA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma, CR7, Frank R., Sheva
Maldini building a monstrous squad for next season.
Please shut the fuck up about MuH nExT sEaSoN

We are in second place with a great squad
Instead of getting the proper reinforcements for a scudetto push, we're in "fine as we are" mode again :max:

You don't know if next season:
We get another injury crisis
There is another totally-not-manmade pandemic
Elliott gets an offer from another person who is a dumbass.

We have the chance NOW. We should be going for it.
AC Milan is a football club first and foremost. Not an investment center or an academy.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

No DM? Or do you want Sanchez as our DM? I think Sanchez - Bennie/Tonali would be too thin for international level

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Instead of getting the proper reinforcements for a scudetto push, we're in "fine as we are" mode again :max:

AC Milan is a football club first and foremost. Not an investment center or an academy.
Nope.

Fine as we are.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd take a bet on Pepe from Arsenal too next summer

Hell of a player in there just needs the right evnirnoment

At this rate they'd happily offload him on loan w option to buy that's nowhere near what they paid. Guys lost too much value

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Why? We planned for this season by agreeing with Maignan around March. Adli and Pobega doing great on loan and coming back strong.

So should we just not plan ahead and always sit at the table in June and start asking what to do?

If we can’t get Botman now why not at least get him for next summer, if he’s exactly who the scouts think will work best with Tomori? Why focus so blindly at the short term that we lose focus on what matters, which is the long term growth of the team?

We’re in second place and we can keep getting better. We do this by meticulous planning and consistent growth. The Adli/Pobega loans, getting Maignan sorted, potentially getting Botman… these are all moves that anticipate potential problems and solved them ahead of time.

“Fine as we are” is exactly the opposite of this logic, it would be ‘look we’re 2nd with an injury crisis, so we shouldn’t look to spend for next year from now, since we are good enough as it is’.

We learned from the Piatek and Paqueta fiascos that you can’t buy a short term boost. It’s not guaranteed. If Botman is the right fit and we can get him now, great! If not, what’s the fault in getting him for the summer and getting someone on loan?

I really don’t understand your point.

Last edited:

tonyb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
We should be looking at Fabio Carvalho at Fulham.
Contract expiring. Get him on a free and loan to a bottom half club in Serie A. 7 goals in 13 starts, avg a goal every 155 mins.
Strong dribbler

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
We should be looking at Fabio Carvalho at Fulham.
Contract expiring. Get him on a free and loan to a bottom half club in Serie A. 7 goals in 13 starts, avg a goal every 155 mins.
Strong dribbler
one thing,
i don't think this milan is really aspire to go with freebies. it's just not in their playbook.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
confused-awkward.gif

tonyb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
one thing,
i don't think this milan is really aspire to go with freebies. it's just not in their playbook.

It makes no sense if we ignore the opportunities. I agree we shouldn't be buying players just because they're free agents. But when they'd clearly offer something and have world class potential, it's worth looking at. It's very low risk.

People keep talking about Botman. A player that has a pretty hefty transfer fee. Something I don't like, when he'd come with something to prove. Assurances in that area of the pitch are more than welcomed. Look at the amount of quality CB's available on a free this summer. Even Rudiger on a huge 4 year contract. Wouldn't that end up being the same cost? Obviously, he wouldn't hold any sell on value but he's an elite CB that will offer guarantees. Christensen, Denayer, Brooks, Zagadou..

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It makes no sense if we ignore the opportunities. I agree we shouldn't be buying players just because they're free agents. But when they'd clearly offer something and have world class potential, it's worth looking at. It's very low risk.

People keep talking about Botman. A player that has a pretty hefty transfer fee. Something I don't like, when he'd come with something to prove. Assurances in that area of the pitch are more than welcomed. Look at the amount of quality CB's available on a free this summer. Even Rudiger on a huge 4 year contract. Wouldn't that end up being the same cost? Obviously, he wouldn't hold any sell on value but he's an elite CB that will offer guarantees. Christensen, Denayer, Brooks, Zagadou..
A 30m transfer fee over 5 years is 6m per year. On a reasonable salary that means that 30m player is costing us around 9m a year. That’s about as much as Kessie is asking for and also what most high level free agents will expect. It’s also a lot easier to renew the player you bought on a reasonable salary since there’s space for you to go higher if it’s justified. What do you give Kessie next time if he’s already on 9m?

There’s always exceptions and I’m sure they’re looking for those, but I can see why Maldini prefers these 20m - 30m highly scouted young players over high risk free transfers.

It’s also a LOT easier to sell someone if they’re not already overpaid.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Watching some goal highlights and stumbled upon this goal of Seedorf. I think Kessie has a similar way of shooting in the way that they easily generate power, maybe helped by their build. If only Franck could work on his aim and start using this hidden asset...

Scoring from open play is like the only thing he has improved and done really well in this season. If he stays I hope he takes the CAM spot till summer.

In the future I would find a 4-3-3 false 9/4-3-1-2 hybrid like Klopp plays at Liverpool interesting with both Tonali and Bennacer as b2b CMs and winger/striker types like Leao and Rebic on the wings. For that you need a player like Firmino for striker though, but it would benefit some players a lot. Pioli´s 4-2-3-1 is great though.

Last edited:

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Youre just an idiot aren’t you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Did you quote the wrong person?
No he saw Kessie's name in the sentence and saw red - poster said he wanted Bennacer back.
Youre just an idiot aren’t you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And you seem to be missing the narrative being pushed by some for a few seasons now.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Did Rebic mean to say sometimes you piss against things? And sometimes they piss against you? :conf:
Maybe he means that usually Juve like to piss on other teams, but now the big dog(s) is in town, so prepare to become the tree
6b9a28b3ac18a5e7827bbd4dc4b1adaf98193b94.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Barbarossa plan for next season:

• Get Belotti for free
  • Extend Romagnoli on a lower salary (rumoured he's willing to do so)
  • Bring Adli
  • Bring back Pobega
  • Sell Salad for 15-20m (I know we all love him, but economically it would make sense)
  • Buy Messias
  • Replace Fodder-Toure with a better Theo-backup
  • Invest all the budget in a top RW (fast and good dribbler) AND in MilanLab
IF we can keep this squad healthy, I can see Scudetto being a walk in the park and a deep CL run very achievable. This is a monster squad,, in terms of potential. Now they're also more experienced. Only big remaining problem is the injury crisis.

Some people might say CAM is the top priority, but it seems that Adli might be able to fill that role. If not, we can switch to 4-3-3, even without Kessie, we've got the needed talent there.

With a young(er) CF and a fast RW on top of existing Theo/Leao/Rebic we could really take advantage of Kjaer and Mike's long balls to create some devastating counters.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did Rebic mean to say sometimes you piss against things? And sometimes they piss against you? :conf:

Sometimes you are on top (pissing dog), sometimes you are on the bottom (pissed on tree) is how i understand it.

or „sometimes may be good, same times may be shit (every day malakia)“

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll quote Wesley on this
Logic is he can win the ball high, hold it and this season also score.
Of course his passing is nothing special, but neither is Brahim‘s which opens up all alternative CAM suggestions in the first place.
Generally he imo suffers from some Pogba like want to become a more attacking player which may have caused some of his defensive issues this season, but if he stays we may as well use it.

DOB

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The amount of disrespect Bennacer receives here is mind-blowing. If you can't notice what he does on the field, you simply don't understand football.
Disrespect? This isnt disrespect. This is reality. If he has had fewer good games than bad, and he is still worth something, then cash out. If the coach believes he can return to top form, then keep him. This is business

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

If there's any freebies who are willing to accept salary below 5m (with ofcoure the quality of a 5m player), i think Maldini would've happy to sign him by now.

the point of bosman is to jack-up the potential salary, something which goes againts the playbook of the current milan, opex efficiency.
they'd rather pay somebody "low" at first and grant them a hefty raise if they perform.
or in Tonali case, paythem lower :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.