The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

General

God Emperor of Humility
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
A sport judge has decided that Inter vs Bologna has to be played rather than awarding Inter a 3-0 win. Inter the small club that they are announced an appeal against the decision.

excellent

Hitchens

Evolving organism
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 1.5: Kaká - Tier 2: Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Kjær, Ibrahimovic
Inter will appeal the postponement of the Bologna game :lol:

Just can't help being themselves.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Lille stand firm in their decision, they won't sell Botman this month. They even rejected Newcastle's approach.

IMO, the best option would be Bailly on a 6-month loan and officially secure Botman this month and leave him at loan at Lille for the rest of the season. I must emphasize officially, in the way we deposit his contract with Lega Serie A and his name is among our loaned players (Pobega, Adli, Colombo).

Maldini really rates Botman highly and I can see why. Him alongside Tomori has potential to become one of the best centre-back partnerships in Europe.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
A sport judge has decided that Inter vs Bologna has to be played rather than awarding Inter a 3-0 win. Inter the small club that they are announced an appeal against the decision.

I mean, what more do they want to seal the title? :lol: Wasn't the gifted 4 points between Kessie's goal vs Napoli and the Spezia game enough?

leaf

Forum Grouch & disciple of Alex Jones (pbuh) #MAGA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma, CR7, Frank R., Sheva
No the problem is that each one of those, if theyre going to be good enough to be an upgrade, is worth 25-30m. The priority now is suddenly CB, so that’s why we’re going for Botman or whoever else we pick. Anything cheap won’t be better than Giroud or Messias. We can’t spend on three 30m players in one go, not yet anyway.

We don’t want to buy players and be stuck with them, hell even Messias is on loan. I’m surprised FBT wasn’t a loan. What they’ve done since lockdown is to be extremely careful with the risks they take and once they know the risk is worth it, they pounce (Maignan, Tomori, Tonali). If it’s a low risk move, then that means we’re just kicking the can down the road until we find a good opportunity for a real upgrade (Messias, Giroud, Brahim).
There is no such thing as a flop-free club. There are ALWAYS going to be lots of flops.
That doesn't mean you stop trying.

I guess ppl forget just how many fucking expensive flops Man City and even Liverpool had before they got to the top of the prem.....quite a lot.
Real has a lot. Barcelona too etc etc.....are we still trying to compete with these guys or are we in some sort of imaginary "Fiscally Goodest Boys" tournament?

Hell we're powered by Madrid's flops right now.

I'd much rather being stuck with a few extra players (again, they'll be much easier to sell off after winning something) than try to convince good, ambitious players that we are actually trying to compete for things that our actions show that we aren't.

At some stage we're going to need to attract the world class players.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I mean, what more do they want to seal the title? :lol: Wasn't the gifted 4 points between Kessie's goal vs Napoli and the Spezia game enough?
Its never enough for that excuse of a club.
In other news venezia wants to play even though they miss a bunch of players. 😆 their luck never ends. It not enough they re never injured or covid their oponents must be depleted.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

DOB

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
So, because he might have been under the influence of alcohol, he's less of a loser in your eyes? Makes him an even bigger one. Robinho is a total loser and a complete moron.
Agreed. How the fuck is alcohol an excuse to rape someone? Raping should be punished. Period. Doesn't matter how old you are or who you are.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
So, because he might have been under the influence of alcohol, he's less of a loser in your eyes? Makes him an even bigger one. Robinho is a total loser and a complete moron.
I don't think that's what he's suggesting

Hitchens

Evolving organism
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 1.5: Kaká - Tier 2: Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Kjær, Ibrahimovic

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Then what do you think he is suggesting, because I don't see what drinking alcohol has to do with anything.
I think he's just saying that there's likely alcohol involved. Not that he thinks it absolves his responsibility.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Printer gonna Printer

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
If the City reporting is true then people can stop questioning Alvarez like he was some crap player or manufactured hype.

I like the player very much and think he would be excellent alongside Adli (if he becomes what we expect) but I'm not sure his style and physical ability would allow him to control the right side in lieu of a strong AM or giving Leao a rest. Its also probably as Brk said that other agreements need to be paid to complete the purchase for the stated amount.

We probably liked the player and knew the stated release clause then after observing him and inquiring found out about the rest and that the player would be shopped to get the best deal and we passed. I dont understand why some here always have to resort to the fox and the grapes mentality every time a player doesnt come here.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a flop-free club. There are ALWAYS going to be lots of flops.
That doesn't mean you stop trying.

I guess ppl forget just how many fucking expensive flops Man City and even Liverpool had before they got to the top of the prem.....quite a lot.
Real has a lot. Barcelona too etc etc.....are we still trying to compete with these guys or are we in some sort of imaginary "Fiscally Goodest Boys" tournament?

Hell we're powered by Madrid's flops right now.

I'd much rather being stuck with a few extra players (again, they'll be much easier to sell off after winning something) than try to convince good, ambitious players that we are actually trying to compete for things that our actions show that we aren't.

At some stage we're going to need to attract the world class players.
You’re missing the point. They want the flops to not hurt. Piatek hurt. Pellegri doesn’t. Liverpool didn’t get to the top because some of their flops started to stick. They got good because they decided to stop making stupid decisions and started building piece by piece based on the plan Klopp laid out. City have infinite money and can spend 60m on fullbacks. We’re powered by players we scouted were worth the risk. We didn’t get lucky with them, they were calculated risks.

I honestly, truly don’t get your point. I don’t know what you’re arguing for. Are you saying we should spend money now just to have a chance at getting some players that can help us win the title? But what if there’s no good opportunity, do we still spend?

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

lol man and his agent seems like big assholes:lol:
guess its time to put players out of the squad for season if they want to leave for free
cant see how other way clubs can deal with current situation - maybe it will get better when agent's fee will be regulated

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.