The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For a step by step guide on how to ignore reality
Leaf, lol... are you really the person to talk about who ignores reality?

Edit: this is a joke, I don't want things to get ugly or actually personal.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who knows how he’ll perform there. They’re toothless in attack and it’s not like they’re missing big chances, they have no service. A CF doesn’t solve their creative issues.

Last time they spent this much on a young promising player was De Ligt and I don’t know about you guys but is he even better than what we saw at Ajax? I thought he’d be an undisputed top 3 CB when I saw him at Ajax. Now? The jury is out.
meh I think he'll perform, he seems like he has a strong personality which is usually the deciding factor in things like this

But it's not like the Chiesa deal, you pay the price fair play to you

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
meh I think he'll perform, he seems like he has a strong personality which is usually the deciding factor in things like this

But it's not like the Chiesa deal, you pay the price fair play to you

To be fair I’m mostly just pissed that we are idling by.

I do think that the lack of service could play an important role though. Juve play terribly under Allegri.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
75million??
But commode convinced me that Juve were done
Come now Qaas - you know it was only two very ardent acolytes who proclaimed the guaranteed downfall of our rivals

Last edited:
  • Star
Reactions: vB9

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My heart hasn't skipped a beat with this Vlahovic to Juventus move. I decided in 2018 when Maldini joined that things would move in the right direction. And they have. We can't afford Vlahovic, and I am okay with it. For me, our renewals, continuing to improve the young players we have, and this new Lazetic kid...I just care about our shit.
We wanted to buy Vlahovic. Does nobody remember this. Way before he blew up. There was a lot of rumors that we were interested for 15 million euros. Our scouting department is on point. You win some, you lose some.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Cant wait for debut.
7cf281fd53a787168c2874542ca783f6.jpg
Mama Mia, we got ourselves a stud.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Most of the big money transfers of the past couple of years seem to have failed. Lukaku to Inter was probably one of the few to yield great result.
Chiesa was doing well too until he got hurt
Tonali didnt go well at the start but seems to be fine now
Osihmen also was killing in his second season and then got hurt.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair I’m mostly just pissed that we are idling by.

I do think that the lack of service could play an important role though. Juve play terribly under Allegri.
yeah

on one hand, I understand being reserved about strengthening the AM, they are clearly invested in Diaz and have Adli secured for the future. But for the RW cmon, Messias cannot play this level and he's an awful fit and Salad is what he is

But I've been asking for a quality RW for years

All other competitors strengthening and Milan is just standing by losing quality each day because the fitness team can't keep players...top 4 battle seems unavoidable

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Never said Juve were in the same place as Barca and Inter, financially. Sporting wise, they have a lot of work to do, but they're backed by the Angellis and Fiat, lol. I even went into ownership structure and how that impacted Barca, you know what? It's clear my views are caricatured so my detail is useless.

I don't rate Vlahovic that highly. I like Scamacca better. 75m is a lot.

Boga? Looooooool. Gasp will do a great job, but I don't think any of you have watched him recently. He's looked... bad.

Now people are crying over Gosens? Okay. He's played 500 minutes this season.

Boga over Leao? Gosens over Theo? Yeah, exactly.

Don't make me get receipts, I've got too much work today.
You said they were fucked when Qaas and I said their ownership has money and influence which would allow them to reload if they see fit
- Now you are changing your tune the same way Brahim was the answer and we let Hakan go to "hey I think we need an alternative"

Didnt you also get into it with Stevan on same lines? it was you or Brk or both.
You never want to admit the other side has merit even when reality hits you - you just tweak and continue.

You would make Q and KellyAnne proud.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes Theo is much better than Goesens but that doesn't change the fact that Goesens seriously strengthens Inter

But hey patience is needed... I at the very least expect a Botman/Bremer in summer (we've already been promised that), cheap stop gap upgrade ala Belotti/Auba for CF, Adli & Pobega back and then a proper replacement for Kessie in Renato. That way we'll have options that don't limit us to having to play Brahim or Krune, can't see us splashing big on 3 fonts but finances should allow us 65-70m on two players in summer if we secure UCL. A Faivre is needed too, I'm impressed by Messias in a lot of ways but man he's not cut for this level, next year we need to make a serious push for 1st cause it'll be a waste. I take Salad in my squad over him any day

I like having Zlatan and Giroud around but Ibra seriously needs to like halve his wage at least if he wants to continue and he's gotta improve too

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
In the last 4 FOUR transfer windows we have only signed tomori and tonali.. its actually crazy when you think about it.

This is a whole different level of cheapness.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the last 4 FOUR transfer windows we have only signed tomori and tonali.. its actually crazy when you think about it.

Do you think Mike just grew on a tree?

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Do you think Mike just grew on a tree?
Mike = donnarumma. Its the least they could have done for losing a homegrown generational talent for free.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Come now Qaas - you know it was only two very ardent acolytes who proclaimed the guaranteed the downfall of our rivals
I don’t know, i feel like there a lot of posters who justify whatever our management does and always downplay rival team’s achievements.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
yeah that makes sense, he's a better fit there and Juve probably don't sign Dusan unless they shed that Dybala salary
Vlahovic - Dybala together is a fucking great combo though

good thing they have a shit midfield

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Fuck this serbian gimmick mule. God bless Maldini & trust the process.

• LOL
Reactions: vB9

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score

If this move happened, almost all of the seven sister would fix their Striker department for this season

Inter Dzeko
Napoli Osimhen
Milan Zlatan
Atalanta Zapata
Juventus Vlahovic
Roma Tammy
Lazio Immobile

*edit : actually it is all except ONE
If only Paolo chose dzeko over giroud

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Let's be real, Vlahovic is not worth the 75m investment. It's a risk this Milan would never take, even with the funds available. Now, if Juve also sign Bremer in the summer. I will be seriously pissed. That CB profile fits our setup like a glove.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I just resaw the highlights from the 4-2 game against Juve 2 years ago.

Zlatan was 38 at that time and he was a beast. He was mobile, participated in the game and even pressed the Juve defence (Also in the second half). He also looked much more fit and athletic than he does today. Obviously, that game (and season) was two years ago and he has aged since. But even though he still is named Zlatan, his play and impact have really decreased since. He is such a frustration to look at and it seems like his teammates have had enough of him. Back in 2020, he was the "Messias" and he lead the way. Now, he has become the opposite, and I really think that it's time to retire.

I love Zlatan, but he cannot play at this level anymore. You cannot have a player that walks around for 90 minutes if he is not a game-changer. He was a gamechanger two years ago, which was why we could accept the fact that he wasn't the most mobile player. But he's such a frustration to watch now.

I don't like the fact that he might retire and we will never see him play again. But at 40 years, it's probably time.
You die as hero or live long enough to become villain

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

How many world class players are you expecting every year? One a season not enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule