The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol I hope Kessie signed that big Barca offer before getting hurt.

I’m kind of frustrated with our intention of investing more money into our defense when it seeks to be our attack that is the bigger issue. Ibra, Giroud, Sael, Messias, and Diaz have all proven not to be up to it this season, but we are are only linked with spending on CBs.

Just like last year our Scudetto challenge is falling short because our attack is impotent at times. Kalulu and Romagnoli held Juventus scoreless comfortably, I think the bigger issue we face is inconsistency in attack. We do put up a lot of goals over the course of the season, but there are matches where our attack disappears completely.

I’d almost extend Tractorgnoli and save the investment on a CAM, RW, or CF.
The thing is those names aren't going anywhere for now...and Adli is already secured as an incoming signing. Too many names in attack and they are just stuck for the moment

I don't think we can expect Kjaer back anytime soon or anywhere close to his previous level, a top signing is necessary for now and the future. So with Kjaer falling back and Capitano gone two defenders are needed

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Can we also send Messias back, like we did with Pellegri? :o

Bajrami straight swap for Krunić (they can take D.Maldini either).:o

Speaking of Bajrami-Diaz, I'll rather pay 12m for Bajrami than Diaz for 20m. Thanks but he can go back to Madrid.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How incredibly stupid was it to go into this season with Diaz, Krunic, and Maldini as our 3 CAMs? I was convinced Pioli would just use Bennacer, Kessie, or Tonali at CAM if needed, but no we are genuinely relying on fucking Krunic and Maldini.

Blows my mind.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How incredibly stupid was it to go into this season with Diaz, Krunic, and Maldini as our 3 CAMs? I was convinced Pioli would just use Bennacer, Kessie, or Tonali at CAM if needed, but no we are genuinely relying on fucking Krunic and Maldini.

Blows my mind.
And we also gambled big time on Tonali and Leao. Even Pioli has said numerous times that he is surprised by their fast development. Imagine none of them made the leap :lol: We would've been 8th now :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we are just arguing semantics here. Overall I think the management has done a great job, and I don’t blame them for Donnarumma. The timing of the contract expiry with Covid, the enormous wage he was already on, and having raiola as an agent made it an impossible task. Kessie situation is more 50/50, but these things happen.

By 12 months, I meant to say the last 2 transfer windows. In my view, we haven’t significantly strengthened the squad in this period. I understand that we did confirm loan deals, and had to replace outgoing free transfers - which undoubtedly hampered us to an extent. What frustrates me is that we still have fundamental holes in our team - 3 in fact, all in the attack - which weren’t addressed for this season.

I am a new poster here and I don’t mean to antagonize people who have been posting here regularly - but at the same time, I don’t think there’s anything wrong in having a more balanced opinion of the work our club has done
Totally understand and glad you’re here. Nobody was antagonized.

Just wanted to say that Tomori was loaned in January last year, so still fits within the last two windows. The summer transfer window was disappointing overall, but like you said it was partly because we had to deal with so many problems (Donnarumma, Hakan and confirming Tomori and Tonali)

I think my point was that it’s not fair to just look at the summer and say there are no investments or improvements. It’s better to take a wider look and see all the work that’s been done since 2019. We basically built a whole new squad in 3 years. Once Kessie, Castillejo and Romagnoli leave I think everyone besides the homegrown players will be Maldini players. Not even Leo, but specifically post-Leo. Is there anyone still here from the Leo era?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still kinda wish we had taken Ikone. He’s fit our direct style, fast as shit and didn’t cost fiorentina a lot of money

He doesn‘t score a lot though, he is more s fancier Saele unless he completely explodes at some point.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And we also gambled big time on Tonali and Leao. Even Pioli has said numerous times that he is surprised by their fast development. Imagine none of them made the leap :lol: We would've been 8th now :lol:
We also didn‘t plan with Rebic and Bennacer struggling so I think that balances out.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Good perspective.

We lack a great RW and could've used Vlahovic, but other than that we have so many players who will only become better and better.
Also, the direction seems correct, to start building the foundation from the back. I didn't mention Mike too, who maybe won't have exactly 10 solid years ahead, but 5 for sure.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Bremer will go to Inter. Read that Inter and Bremer have an agrement and now they are working to find an agrement with Torino aswell
We have an agreement with every human on the planet. Doesn’t mean shit if we don’t agree with the club.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Also it isn't catastrophic injuries that made us drop points to minnows and you can't have it both ways.

We praise Pioli for continuing to win despite the injuries and keep banging the we are 2nd drum but now inter would be a distant third???

We would be a few points ahead or tied at the top in a three way with Napoli. Inter do what they are supposed to do and it's why they lead.

Also injury and prevention of them is part of the sport. You can have some bad injuries but every year now??? And some are clearly because of the players at the club - those aren't a mystery.
It's 2099

Milan has finally built the team that would definitely dominate the soccer world from the 2100 season.

It's been a long hard journey.
Inter has 4 stars on their shirt Juve has 5....I only wish my grandfather Dru was around to finally see the rewards of his patience for all those decades of team building and heartbreak at seeing the best players sold or leave on a free.

He used to tell me stories of a time when Milan actually bought stars and players at the top of his game. I wondered ...were these the senile rantings of an old broken man? Stories of players running up and down the pitch for 90 minutes for years on end without a bout of heart failure was truly too wonderful to even imagine

I am Dru the 3rd and this is my story...

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am a new poster here and I don’t mean to antagonize people who have been posting here regularly - but at the same time, I don’t think there’s anything wrong in having a more balanced opinion of the work our club has done
You are offering more respect than many of us deserve, nothing wrong with your opinion or how you voice it. We're better off having you around.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We definitely cannot rely on Rebic unfortunately, because he’s as injury prone as they come. It’s a real shame because we looked best this season early on when he was wrecking shit up too. Then, we had to go back to Giroud and Ibra and we have been meh.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
If catastrophic injuries didn't happen to Milan and Napoli, Inter would be a distant third.
"getting eliminated from ucl will help in scudetto race" - rnb

1-4.gif

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol I hope Kessie signed that big Barca offer before getting hurt.

I’m kind of frustrated with our intention of investing more money into our defense when it seeks to be our attack that is the bigger issue. Ibra, Giroud, Sael, Messias, and Diaz have all proven not to be up to it this season, but we are are only linked with spending on CBs.

Just like last year our Scudetto challenge is falling short because our attack is impotent at times. Kalulu and Romagnoli held Juventus scoreless comfortably, I think the bigger issue we face is inconsistency in attack. We do put up a lot of goals over the course of the season, but there are matches where our attack disappears completely.

I’d almost extend Tractorgnoli and save the investment on a CAM, RW, or CF.
I hope Samu leaves and someone in that area is brought in to replace him, but probably unlikely.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What does Pioli think of the development of Leao's lungs?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I had the wrong perception you didn't care about the elephants
I’m not not as passionate by nation football as I am with club football, specifically Milan.
Somehow International has never been able to get my dick hard.

If we get knocked out today, I won’t feel nearly as bad as Spezia’s game.
I’ll watch from the semis l, maybe only the final if we make it there.

That’s why the FU is …on simple principles. Whoever if you want us to get eliminated, I should defend/represent.
I think that’s how it works.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I suppose, but if you think this kid is going to be good & you think you can make a profit on him in the future if you sell, are you going to let a few million stop you?
I'm not sure if this is how they operate, but here is my basic investment "logic". There is a probability the player will fail, be a bit above fail, ok, above ok and great. Here I assigned monetary values to that (0mln, 5mln, 10mln, 20mln, 40mln) and didn't even include a potential negative financial outcome, but it's only an example. Then I consider what's the probability for each scenario and calculate the expected value, then sum them up and get the total expected value. In this example it's 9.75mln. So, if I buy him for 5-6m I'm gonna make an ok profit, on average. If I buy him for 8m, the profit is kinda marginal... and you'd need to go for volume, which is not exactly what you do in football. So, if they ask me for 8m, I'll probably say no and look for better opportunities.

value calc ex.png

I'm sure they have far more sophisticated calculations, but I think my overall logic is correct. Maybe guys that do investments, like @General @joyrider might give a better argumentation.

There are also many other factors, like if this player helps us win the title, get CL, etc. etc. but I'm just trying to show why a couple of millions make a difference and that it's not just that "we are so poor", but rather we have a calculated approach and will pay up when an opportunity presents itself. The Tomori deal went rather smooth, without much begging and negotiating, even though one would've said a CB was not our top priority... or we could've gotten someone older for cheap/free/loan.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
My father (dru 2nd) grew up to hate his father and become an Inter fan.
My grandfather in turn derisively called him #2. My father would then remind him of his own history as an inter fan.
The bickering would never end. One thing was sure, my grandfather's faith never waivered.
"Trust the plan" he would say. My father would say it too but the derision in his voice was palpable

In all honesty, I couldn't blame my father for defecting...His father had promised the world to his son and never gave him even the town.
"Next year we'll show them" my granfather would say every season, sometimes fighting back the tears in his own eyes as the Hedge Fund (the real villains of this story)" would sell the family jewels to the highest bidder.....even before my father's birth my Grandfather would complain about the sale of a Turkish cuckold that he both loathed but also insisted was an important component of "the plan". "The plan" would keep changing but was never to bring any comfort to the old man.....

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You TrUsT dA pLaN groupies have ZERO guarantees of winning shit. Zero
With all the best planning and management there are still no guarantees.
Now let's say it's a five year plan. Is anyone here going to put money on us winning the Scudetto in 2027?
Fuck no. There are NO guarantees in football. This is the point that the ppl who oppose my POV make all the time.
Man City keeps splashing the cash and 0 CL (although I blame Pep more than their management).
PSG also. Juventus also.

But these three aforementioned end up winning their league because they have constructed their teams to OVERPOWER the rest of their domestic leagues.
We are almost in this position, sans the reinforcements. To not pull the trigger here is almost criminal.

So where is this fucking idiotic assumption that we'll be great in 5-10 years if only we tRuSt Da PlAn? Bullshit.
You take the chances as they come when they come. There's nothing to suggest that at the end of the plan we will be a powerhouse again. Nothing.
We could be as well built as we want, if Inter or Juve or somebody else gets a super injection of cash and the top level players they need, they will kick our ass AGAIN.
So, taking your (and the rest of the ppl who think like you) reasoning to it's natural conclusion...we will have a fantastically well run and built club in 5-10 years...but still aren't guaranteed any trophies. Wouldn't you prefer to have your plan just modified slightly AND a scudetto or CL or two?
That's what I'm advocating for. Take the opportunities as they come. No risk no reward.

Look at how well Atalanta is run. Will they win anything? No. No matter how well run you are, unless you make a splash every now and then, you won't win shit.
Right now, we have the best chance in a fucking decade to win the scudetto.

Also, again, as I have taken great pains to state...WE AREN'T ASKING TO BREAK THE BANK.
We have three slots we need to fill that would put us in a better position to win for 2022.
Three. MAX 90M (this just in....three (3) 30M players would cost 90M :eek: )...but if we get stopgap signings, it could cost even less.
Are you really telling me that we couldn't get a Diego Costa? Just to be that CF goal threat that we ARE missing?
Too much text. Ok, so we invest 100m on some panic buys this winter market and win the title. What's next? What does this title give us? Pretty much a pat on the back and that's it. Then you've fucked yourself for the next couple of years.

Look at Juve's investments in their last years, including Ronaldo. Considering the goal was to get CL and become a major brand, it's a massive fail. If they wouldn't have Agnelli behind them, they would probably go bankrupt and get relegated... it's only Agnelli + corrupt Italian league that allows them to go unpunished.

I would bet good money on us getting more than 1 title up until 2027. Of course, there are no guarantees, but where in life do you have fkin guarantees? There are only probabilities... you calculate and act according to them.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bailey looks fantastic tonight. Made several good passes too. Seems there’s no inbetween with him, either he’s trash or amazing.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
But we are currently tied second which is the same thing as 8th as per midtable boiz

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
My father (dru 2nd) grew up to hate his father and become an Inter fan.
My grandfather in turn derisively called him #2. My father would then remind him of his own history as an inter fan.
The bickering would never end. One thing was sure, my grandfather's faith never waivered.
"Trust the plan" he would say. My father would say it too but the derision in his voice was palpable

In all honesty, I couldn't blame my father for defecting...my father had promised the world to him and never gave him even the town.
"Next year we'll show them" my granfather would say every season, sometimes fighting back the tears in his own eyes as the Hedge Fund (the real villains of this story)" would sell the family jewels to the highest bidder.....even before my father's birth my Grandfather would complain about the sale of a Turkish cuckold that he both loathed but also insisted was an important component of "the plan". "The plan" would keep changing but was never to bring any comfort to the old man.....
Now this place become some kind of wattpad. I feel bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule