The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edu-bY-A

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Adama Traore is a beast. He's fast. He's technical. He's strong. He works so hard.

...and then he gets into the final third.

I don't understand why so many people rate him when he can't shoot, can't pass, can't cross. If a coach can get him to produce in the final third, he could be truly elite. But, I just... I don't get why people hype him up so much.
Let's face it, Adama Traore is overrated as hell and without his FUT card his popularity would be at the level of a Championship player.

Besides, hardly anyone here on the forum can get a picture of Kerkez. People who see him every day in training can. I trust them, just as I trust the process.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FJI5TP4WYAMNwD1

:balo2:

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
The CL is the biggest priority for me. If winning a Scudetto happens, I'll be happy obviously, but even since I was a child, the CL was always the biggest priority for me.

I think Elliott's plan is to win a CL as a way to inaugurate the new stadium, and with the stadium completed, to then push the club onto the market at that point.
Despite all the shitty refereeing, potato fields etc. Serie A is still our most realistic target for the next 2-3 years. A Scudetto/Coppa Italia would be epic.

Of course, given the choice, I pick the one with the big ears every time.

leaf

Forum Grouch & disciple of Alex Jones (pbuh) #MAGA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma, CR7, Frank R., Sheva
You're so dumb is almost impossible
When the Balotelli thread creator insults you...always wear it like a badge of honour :)

leaf

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma, CR7, Frank R., Sheva
Imagine Barca buying Ronaldinho....then selling youth squad Messi (a young, promising player who would evantually take Ronaldinho's place).

Normal ppl would have thought it a hilariously short sighted move....especially for a selling club like Milan...but not these guys :proud:

A primavera player leaving triggers your neurosis this much?
Now go and completely misunderstand my point and act like I was calling Kerkez a Messi level player
You strawman and misrepresent everything I say so lemme help you out there :)
Go act like I'm all broken about selling Kerkez and not simply pointing out the implications of the transfer

leaf

Reaction score
Fav. Players
No success in 3 years means the project failed.
At least you're being fair.
You're not a groupie. So let's see what happens in the next three years.
We could have filled half your criteria if we made a proper push in 2022....but I will wait. It's not like anything we can do will influence anything.
Success (for me) = winning a scudetto or a champions league.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine Barca buying Ronaldinho....then selling youth squad Messi (a young, promising player who would evantually take Ronaldinho's place).

Normal ppl would have thought it a hilariously short sighted move....especially for a selling club like Milan...but not these guys :proud:

Now go and completely misunderstand my point and act like I was calling Kerkez a Messi level player
You strawman and misrepresent everything I say lemme help you out there
So we’re never allowed to sell anyone on the off chance that they end up being better than our current superstars?

Edu-bY-A

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

You strawman and misrepresent everything I say lemme help you out there
Because…. because… Kerkez is Messi.

Sometimes I feel like I am talking to Homer Simpson.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Underwhelming signing 🤣
lol
Lots of signing will be “underwhelming” … as I usually say, our “signing of the season” will often be a player we signed 1-2-3 years ago”

Kalulu will be next season’s signing of the season.

Lazetic, in 2024-25

leaf

Reaction score
Fav. Players
So we’re never allowed to sell anyone on the off chance that they end up being better than our current superstars?
The situation with THIS Milan is that we'll probably sell Leao, Theo etc sooner rather than later.
Right now I think of us as more of a Dortmund than a Bayern.

If my assessment is correct, then getting the replacements is very crucial to our model.
It's how Dortmund can keep selling off their stars while remaining competitive in a football sense.

Last edited:

leaf

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Because…. because… Kerkez is Messi.

Sometimes I feel like I am talking to Homer Simpson.
Hey thanks for missing my point despite all of my attempts :proud:
I'm totally Homer....only fatter, uglier and more stupid.
Hell I'm even more 2-dimensional :heart:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Let's face it, Adama Traore is overrated as hell and without his FUT card his popularity would be at the level of a Championship player.

Besides, hardly anyone here on the forum can get a picture of Kerkez. People who see him every day in training can. I trust them, just as I trust the process.
This maybe true but it also isnt fair to just discredit others by this notion - Before the sale multiple people talked up the kid and used him as an example of how we were going about stockpiling talent before they were unattainable. Whenever they played and showed flashes many posts would arise reinforcing that feeling.
If any persons said different about any of the "prized primavera" the same defense you just trotted out would be used.

People in this forum were writing him down as great backup - possible successor etc etc
And now he is sold its why are people so upset, he was never any good.

Today is going to be a good day - this sale out of nowhere and Theo's official photo and signing still not done yet :eek:
- I expect defense force to be out in full effect.......they already are

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ideally Kerkez would be Theo's understudy. Developing so well that Pioli has trouble choosing who to line up. Then we sell for actual money.

But we either do not recognize the talent or do not see the talent. And therefore we decide to keep Balo Toure, who didnt lie about his age but rather his profession. I'm giving Milan's decision the benefit of the doubt since we have done well to spot talent in Theo, Leao, Tonali, dolla and to some extend Salad, Hauge, etc.

Time will tell

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Samu and Maldini most likely leaving and there are 0 rumors about new CAM or RW

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
finally
I knew they wouldn’t go into another season with injury prone rebic as the backup LW
kinda-iffy.gif

c'mon, you can do better

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Despite all the shitty refereeing, potato fields etc. Serie A is still our most realistic target for the next 2-3 years. A Scudetto/Coppa Italia would be epic.

Of course, given the choice, I pick the one with the big ears every time.
In the next 2-3 years, sure, but I think in 3 years, with the way this team is going, the way players are developing, I think a CL challenge should be the goal of this squad.

In 3 years Theo will be the ripe old age of 27. Tonali will be a veteran at 24. Tomori will be 28. Leao 26. We should be aiming to win the CL in that time period.

The biggest reason why I think winning is important for Elliott is because that, yes, CL revenues are crucial towards building the squad and the brand, etc, but even a brand as strong as Milan does not have the EPL money to rely upon like Man Utd or Arsenal. Winning is crucial, and the CL is where Milan has built its brand--it's what has differentiated Milan from its Italian rivals, indeed, and all other clubs.

That's why I am not particularly anxious about winning now. This team is being setup to not only win with this current backbone of a squad in the short-term future (3-5 years) but in the long-term with the stadium paired with the scouting and commercial infrastructure.

I feel like a lot of the angst here is missing the forest for the trees.

I expect to win, but to me, my expectations are to win for a sustained period when this squad is finally put together--I expect a 2002-2007 style domination from this team, not because Elliott are beneficent, but because they do not have the EPL TV money that allows Man Utd's owners to be satisfied with their revenue and top 4 alone, because that simply isn't possible with a team outside the EPL.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Saw we signed Lazeric.
Got excited. Finally a signing and finally a forward.
Went to Youtube. Ehm....
Went to check his stats to see what the hell is this.
Almost no games. For a Serbian team. 18 years old.
Realize this is a signing for the primavera.
Dissapointed I close down the commode now.
I see you again on sunday. My pre game ritual starts now

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Average viewers per game or total? If we’re that much ahead with one less game…
It didn't specify, but either way, it's quite a shocking disparity. The Milan brand is much larger than many here realize.
The situation with THIS Milan is that we'll probably sell Leao, Theo etc sooner rather than later.
Right now I think of us as more of a Dortmund than a Bayern.
My issue with this leaf is that you don't have any proof of that. Who have we sold to give you that impression? When have we sold a player we didn't want to sell?

Donna wanted to stay. Every reporter, every journalist, has the story-line that we've talked about here constantly.

Dortmund fans are getting annoyed with their management, and now they're trying to keep Haaland, but they won't be able to. It's easy for them to swallow selling Dembele when he (unfortunately) gets injured at Barca, but again, who have we sold? You say we'll probably sell, but you base that on what?
Is that from a tweet? Please post it so I can read those other fans souring in the replies.
I need some petty satisfaction today
It's in Arabic.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Success (for me) = winning a scudetto or a champions league.
I thought you were being facetious at first.

I want us to move faster than we are now and I'm not sure even if we did that we could win CL in three years.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We'll win the title next year or the year after that tops, although who knows, this year is remotely possible too. CL after 4-5 years

I have full thrust :D

leaf

Reaction score
Fav. Players
It didn't specify, but either way, it's quite a shocking disparity. The Milan brand is much larger than many here realize.

My issue with this leaf is that you don't have any proof of that. Who have we sold to give you that impression? When have we sold a player we didn't want to sell?

Donna wanted to stay. Every reporter, every journalist, has the story-line that we've talked about here constantly.

Dortmund fans are getting annoyed with their management, and now they're trying to keep Haaland, but they won't be able to. It's easy for them to swallow selling Dembele when he (unfortunately) gets injured at Barca, but again, who have we sold? You say we'll probably sell, but you base that on what?
We sold Hakan, Donnarumma and will sell Kessie.
At one point each of them was our best player.
Donnarumma has always been chasing a bigger payday.
As eventually did Hakan and as Kessie is doing now.

We used to be supremely proud of all three at one time or the other.

Yes the circumstances are slightly different...but the fundamentals remain the same
pro-athletes are people.
People want money and success. The faster the better, especially for athletes who have a small window
It's not like medicine or law or engneering where you get better with time.
after you hit 30 it's all downhill

You honestly think that one or more of Theo, Leao, Tonali etc WON'T want to move when it becomes clear that they have no more room to grow at Milan? This happened to us even in the glory era. Kaka left Milan to be a passenger at Madrid and still ended up picking up a title.
It's far far worse now.
Hell we have the scudetto within grasp and we're cool to let it go into Inter's hand without a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.