The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From the article:

Specifically, Juve announced in 2020 that the players had agreed to give up three months’ worth of wages to help the club through the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, investigators argue that many of the players received the full salary anyway, it just wasn’t put on the Juventus accounts, therefore avoiding taxes and helping to balance the books.

If confirmed, that would not only suggest Juve were trying to pay their players with ‘moonlighting’ wages, but also that these big stars who declared they were giving up money to help the club during a difficult time did no such thing.

There has long been talk of a private agreement with Cristiano Ronaldo and it is now reported that wasn’t the only one, with circa €60m of the €90m supposedly ‘saved’ in fact paid anyway.

Just relegate them back to Serie B already!
SURELY something will come from this right guys?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Telelombardia - Milan, in recent days meeting with Ismaila Sarr's intermediaries: it costs a lot, Liverpool likes it too

As reported by Telelombardia, there has been a meeting in recent days at Casa Milan between the intermediary of Ismaila Sarr and the Rossoneri managers. The interest is there, even if the valuation is very high, 50 million. In case of relegation, things would change. On him there is also Liverpool.

do we have another winger better than Sarr linked to us? If not, maybe RnB Jinx Army should start to work
Longo said Milan are looking for a "profile similar to Sarr" not necessarily Sarr

so I doubt this rumor is true

But Watford will probably get relegated so I wonder what his price would be

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berardi is literally at fault for Italy's loss today. I'm not even joking. All the best chances fell to him and he messed all of them up. He missed an open goal.

[...]

For once, I don't agree with you at all. But I should say one thing first: I don't want Berardi, I don't think he fits the profile we need. So this is not a post to defend Berardi because I want to buy him for 30M from Sassuolo. Not at all.

Nonetheless, I think Berardi of all people was the one striker I wouldn't want to throw a cross at. At least he was the only one who constantly got into dangerous finishing positions, who worked tirelessly, won balls, dribbled, cut in and finished.

Sure, not scoring with an open, empty goal in front of him was pathetic for a striker. I can't sugarcoat that. But it's not the first time strikers have failed to make such chances. It even happens to a Zlatan or Ronaldo (albeit rarely). But where were Insigne and Immobile all evening? They, who have been scoring shit tons of goals in Serie A, regularly disappear in the national team. FOR YEARS. I can't tell you how much that pisses me off. Always this pompous talk... and when it comes down to it, they disappear. ALWAYS. Only this one little Sassuolo striker at least tried to do something about the embarrassment. Nothing came from the other two. NOTHING.

If I blame anyone, it's these two more than useless strikers. Berardi will certainly not get top ratings, especially not after such an evening. But to put the main blame for Italy's failure on him is, in my opinion, exaggerated and unjustified.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
5bc7951188cd3b83350a613ae6787ff1ee47cccd.gif
Curse of players leaving us is still strong.
When will they learn ?

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Karma is too easy an answer. He left an environment that was extremely supportive of him, since he was a child. Milan was ignoring his clearly obvious flaws because he was improving gradually. In the end we were offering him a contract as much as, if not more, than what he was getting elsewhere. He ignored the offer, laughed at Maldini's face and thought we'd wait for him to make a decision at the end of the transfer window.

If he wanted to leave so badly he could have extended his contract with a reasonable release clause and left with dignity. You'd see every Milan fan supporting him if he had done that. He left us with nothing and he deserves all the hate in the world for doing that. His excuses about wanting to 'grow' and develop were pathetic, he thought he was better than Milan. Now he's on the bench, hated by PSG and Milan fans and Maignan is becoming a Milan legend.

Kessie at least made his decision early so we don't get fucked. He's still a bitch, but we can plan ahead. Gigio thought he could blackmail us all summer and still get what he wants and Maldini slapped him in the face by signing Maignan the day after we qualified to the CL. Then he has the balls to say 'Milan never called me!'. Fuck him.
I remember when Di Marzio said after Milan v Atalanta, when we had secured CL football, that Donnarumma changed his mind and wanted to renew, even on Milan's terms and figures which were considerably lower than his initial requests… but Maldini had ran out of patience and told him to bugger off as we had already secured a new goalkeeper the month before.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Telelombardia - Milan, in recent days meeting with Ismaila Sarr's intermediaries: it costs a lot, Liverpool likes it too

As reported by Telelombardia, there has been a meeting in recent days at Casa Milan between the intermediary of Ismaila Sarr and the Rossoneri managers. The interest is there, even if the valuation is very high, 50 million. In case of relegation, things would change. On him there is also Liverpool.

do we have another winger better than Sarr linked to us? If not, maybe RnB Jinx Army should start to work
I really like this strategy of poaching interesting players from relegated sides. We always find value in those transfers.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i don’t know why players trust Raiola. He is about the money. Want a nice salary fine go with him, want to grow as a player then listening to advise from him is a bad idea. Look at Brian Brobbey, begging to go back to Ajax after Raiola said moving to Rb Leipzig would be a good move.

Mind you RB Leipzig is a good club for young players, but so is Ajax. Why remove him from the environment where he was growing for no reason. Same thing with Donna. He is 22 for goodness sake. Let him grow in a good environment, he is a good goalkeeper and has his whole career, but no let me take him to a toxic environment like PSG. Mind you Milan never offered him penuts. I don’t understand Raiola’s logic, but he doesn’t look to me like an actual football person.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From the article:

Specifically, Juve announced in 2020 that the players had agreed to give up three months’ worth of wages to help the club through the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, investigators argue that many of the players received the full salary anyway, it just wasn’t put on the Juventus accounts, therefore avoiding taxes and helping to balance the books.

If confirmed, that would not only suggest Juve were trying to pay their players with ‘moonlighting’ wages, but also that these big stars who declared they were giving up money to help the club during a difficult time did no such thing.

There has long been talk of a private agreement with Cristiano Ronaldo and it is now reported that wasn’t the only one, with circa €60m of the €90m supposedly ‘saved’ in fact paid anyway.

Just relegate them back to Serie B already!
So these are entirely different investigations from the raids that happened months ago.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
For once, I don't agree with you at all. But I should say one thing first: I don't want Berardi, I don't think he fits the profile we need. So this is not a post to defend Berardi because I want to buy him for 30M from Sassuolo. Not at all.

Nonetheless, I think Berardi of all people was the one striker I wouldn't want to throw a cross at. At least he was the only one who constantly got into dangerous finishing positions, who worked tirelessly, won balls, dribbled, cut in and finished.

Sure, not scoring with an open, empty goal in front of him was pathetic for a striker. I can't sugarcoat that. But it's not the first time strikers have failed to make such chances. It even happens to a Zlatan or Ronaldo (albeit rarely). But where were Insigne and Immobile all evening? They, who have been scoring shit tons of goals in Serie A, regularly disappear in the national team. FOR YEARS. I can't tell you how much that pisses me off. Always this pompous talk... and when it comes down to it, they disappear. ALWAYS. Only this one little Sassuolo striker at least tried to do something about the embarrassment. Nothing came from the other two. NOTHING.

If I blame anyone, it's these two more than useless strikers. Berardi will certainly not get top ratings, especially not after such an evening. But to put the main blame for Italy's failure on him is, in my opinion, exaggerated and unjustified.
Berardi is supposed to create for Immobile. The guys technique is so weird, it seems like he is always wobbling. How many chances did Immobile get? Italy don't play to his strengths. He is not a player who picks up the balls and dribbles forward with it. It's straight forward with him. Play him through and he will finish. Italy did not search for him.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The projecting is strong with this one. 2-3 players removed would be amazing for us, means we'd have a normal season. We constantly had way more players out almost every game, and yet we have still not received Fiorentina. They lose Brozovic for a week and they implode.

This is the thing about non-Milan fans. They see the team and read the names, but they have no idea how good those names have become. Like Bonucci pointing at that board and being shocked at how they're losing to this shit team. I love that they're still underestimating us.

Schermata-2021-11-25-alle-17-1637860806929.jpg

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Really worried that the league will come up with some stupid new rules that could sabotage our market in the summer (and beyond), just to show that they are doing something.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Berardi is supposed to create for Immobile. The guys technique is so weird, it seems like he is always wobbling. How many chances did Immobile get? Italy don't play to his strengths. He is not a player who picks up the balls and dribbles forward with it. It's straight forward with him. Play him through and he will finish. Italy did not search for him.

I guess fair enough. But still... Insigne and Immobile have been constant passengers since years, under different coaches and in different systems. I'm just saying, pointing the finger at Berardi and putting the blame on him to me is not justified.

Reminder: I still don't want Berardi in Milan.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I guess fair enough. But still... Insigne and Immobile have been constant passengers since years, under different coaches and in different systems. I'm just saying, pointing the finger at Berardi and putting the blame on him to me is not justified.

Reminder: I still don't want Berardi in Milan.
Agreed about Insigne.

Berardi sucks though, and he is quite selfish.. his passing is half assed. I just really dislike this player

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really worried that the league will come up with some stupid new rules that could sabotage our market in the summer (and beyond), just to show that they are doing something.
Can they revoke the growth decree? That's something i'm worried about as a response to the Italy failure, since it's clearly impeding the development of Italian talent.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They should have taken Messias as the token Oriundo and not racist Joao Pedro

200w.gif

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
Karma is too easy an answer. He left an environment that was extremely supportive of him, since he was a child. Milan was ignoring his clearly obvious flaws because he was improving gradually. In the end we were offering him a contract as much as, if not more, than what he was getting elsewhere. He ignored the offer, laughed at Maldini's face and thought we'd wait for him to make a decision at the end of the transfer window.

If he wanted to leave so badly he could have extended his contract with a reasonable release clause and left with dignity. You'd see every Milan fan supporting him if he had done that. He left us with nothing and he deserves all the hate in the world for doing that. His excuses about wanting to 'grow' and develop were pathetic, he thought he was better than Milan. Now he's on the bench, hated by PSG and Milan fans and Maignan is becoming a Milan legend.

Kessie at least made his decision early so we don't get fucked. He's still a bitch, but we can plan ahead. Gigio thought he could blackmail us all summer and still get what he wants and Maldini slapped him in the face by signing Maignan the day after we qualified to the CL. Then he has the balls to say 'Milan never called me!'. Fuck him.

Really hope this ends up being a lesson for other players, to show them the value of a good environment and that it might sometimes be worth it to stay where you're protected, playing and developing. Especially early in your career. Donnarumma believed his own hype and now he's learning he's probably not as good as he thought, and will start to have confidence issues and spiral down with nobody to support him.

64598225.jpg

I was initially okay with Maignan coming in as a “marginal downgrade” to $ given the massive, groundbreaking cost savings.

Sitting here in March and having watched Mike thrive and Gigio flounder, I’ve realized that Mike is, without a shadow of a doubt, a better keeper than Gigio. Even at shot stopping.

If we sold Gigio for 13m on low wages and bought Maignan for 50m on a 6.5m wage, I’d still think it was a fair deal

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This video gives me so much energy everytime I watch it. Tonali is like one or two heads smaller than Dumfries and yet he's the one bullying Dumfries around like a school kid :lol::proud:
Theo sitting there is silence like "Wow... remember not to piss off Tonali." :lol::lol:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was initially okay with Maignan coming in as a “marginal downgrade” to $ given the massive, groundbreaking cost savings.

Sitting here in March and having watched Mike thrive and Gigio flounder, I’ve realized that Mike is, without a shadow of a doubt, a better keeper than Gigio. Even at shot stopping.

If we sold Gigio for 13m on low wages and bought Maignan for 50m on a 6.5m wage, I’d still think it was a fair deal

What really makes Maignan a much better goalkeeper for us than Donnarumma is his underrated footwork. Not underrated in the sense that we fans don't know how good he is with the ball on his foot, but how important it is for our whole build-up. And not only when it comes to sending Leao deep and playing a pass.

Maignan has become a deep defensive midfielder in our build-up play. That wasn't the case with Donnarumma in the past. There, Kessie or Bennacer would always drop to get the ball.

Now our FBs can stand so far up the pitch that our two centre-backs stretch almost occupy the position that our FBs used to occupy. Maignan positions himself in between as a sort of deep-lying midfielder. That was not possible before. And no matter where the ball is, Maignan gives you a solid option that's rarely man-marked. Solid above all because he can also receive and handle inaccurate or poorly played balls quickly. With Donnarumma, that would be a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule