The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
What is reminiscent of Romagnoli is he can be so passive. Not get stuck in…and 1 of the article @brk posted correctly points that it’s when he is on the sides.

Look at the first goal and the action right after that…and I’ve seen similar situations in other videos.

I can't stress this enough, and it seems many people still missing on my point when I said that he remind me of Romagnoli. Unfortunately, we can't see this thing on players highlight only. In players highlight he looks so aggressive, while in reality so often he just passively watching the player he marked (like you-know-who)

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ill say this again re Botman

If you looked at Kjaer's skill set, then taken into consideration his age, past career, how Padre plays with the risky high line... who would have actually thought he'd be such a success for us

From the Moncada interview on Kjaer & how they picked the CB (its long, but some who missed it may enjoy):

On Kjær: “Everyone was a bit skeptical in the environment and in the newspapers when we got him. We were in a difficult moment with the change of coach. Pioli had just arrived, we had already taken many young players but we were missing an experienced player. Elliott told us that had spent a lot in the summer so we had to find a low-cost operator and a player who was ready to play immediately, who spoke the language and was strong tactically. We evaluated many names of central defenders from different leagues, but especially the Italian one, because we said that it would be easier to adapt and the name of Kjær came up.”

On Kjær’s characteristics: “We’ve known him for years. We analyzed his matches with Atalanta. He wasn’t bad, his game against Dinamo Zagreb was very good. Then I took the list of Atalanta players and I said: ‘Who has not been successful at Atalanta but has been strong elsewhere?’ and I made a list of a few names. Ibañez, who is one of the best at Roma, did not play at Atalanta. With Simon we were sure we had a player with the right spirit, who is serious, a fighter and with the physique that we wanted. Some say he’s slow but it’s not true: he has perfect positioning, he runs a lot and is tactically good. We also did some work to see his physical problems but there was nothing big. Then another positive factor is the cost of the operation. In the end it cost €2.5m, it’s cheap. His salary I can’t say but it’s not expensive in the sense that many teams can economically afford Kjær. We told Simon: ‘We need you as a leader’. He made himself available immediately. He was crazy about Milan, he has been a fan since he was a kid. He has always been a good player. He reminds of Ricardo Carvalho when we took him to Monaco. Simon has even more grit, he’s not here to joke around. We have to say, now he is one of the best central defenders in Serie A, a very important player for the team. OK, Ibrahimović has changed a lot of things but Simon has also contributed, he is important in the project…”

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Ill say this again re Botman

If you looked at Kjaer's skill set, then taken into consideration his age, past career, how Padre plays with the risky high line... who would have actually thought he'd be such a success for us

From the Moncada interview on Kjaer & how they picked the CB (its long, but some who missed it may enjoy):

What do you think, more like Kjaer or Romagnoli?

Screenshot_20220103-205400_Chrome.jpg

Gulagprisoner

yungfredduccini
Reaction score
How in the hell would you even think of making this predication accurately :lol:

You've just envisioned a 10 year long time scale where you've managed to include all the factors that could affect how Botman develops

What do you base this on? Seems like a huge assumption to make.
All the factors..there is really only one and that one is impossble to change
Its the brain
Players like kjaer who are not more then decent physically and not the most aggresive play the way they play cause of their high iq and calm mental

Watching botman play and speak...he has neither a high iq or is mentally calm so u can safely say he will never be kjaer or anything close to it

Freddyvision

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
From 'we are so good it's almost impossible' to hoping weak ass Roma get Covid???

Not a good omen for 2022 :D

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
About Botman. I'm in favour of his signing. We need a proper tower at the back. I mean his physique isn't his only strength from what I've seen. Ever since we've been linked to him I've watched Lille's games and he seems quite good although not yet the finished article obviously. I love his strength and in my opinion he has more than enough aggression. He was a critical part of their title success in a league awash with strong, pacy French and African players so I'm not concerned about this "lack of pace". Him coming here would mean he would also adapt reasonably quickly due to the presence of Mike and Leao. I know there is far more to defending than being tall but our defenders (Kjaer aside) always seem to have a problem with physical strikers. Hopefully that ends here and he doesn't turn out to be another Phillipe Senderos..

Finror

Casual AC Milan connoisseur
Reaction score
How is it with transfers in winter of players who play Afcon, they can't leave for medicals until their team drops out of the tournament no?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How is it with transfers in winter of players who play Afcon, they can't leave for medicals until their team drops out of the tournament no?
Players have medicals during tournaments all the time. Donna had his for PSG during the Euros.

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Tottenham is trying to have Kessie this winter window and they are offering Ndombele in exchange.

Lille's demand for Botman is 30M, but recently, it might have dropped to 20M plus bonuses. Milan, in any case, although happy with the discount, would like to try to close the deal on a loan with the right of redemption.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tottenham is trying to have Kessie this winter window and they are offering Ndombele in exchange.

Lille's demand for Botman is 30M, but recently, it might have dropped to 20M plus bonuses. Milan, in any case, although happy with the discount, would like to try to close the deal on a loan with the right of redemption.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romangoli has had one horrific, terrible game, this season, and another meh half, otherwise, he's been solid this year.

I think he will go to Juve. It'd be the best choice for his career, I would hate to see him go, as I think he's been a loyal player to Milan. I think being the captain at such a young age, in such a dysfunctional team before things settled doesn't help.

I really do think he will blossom as he gets older. Kjaer was seen as a failure for periods in his career, and I guess I want him to reach that potential here.

If Botman is who the management want to bet on, so be it. It would be one of the few times that a player we've been linked with actually arrives. I still have this feeling that Omeragic is the real target. If Roma leaves, perhaps it is both? Christensen doesn't seem impossible to me, in the summer. Chelsea look like a mess, and I can imagine Tomori and Kjaer recruiting him to Milan.

I wonder what happens with Gabbia. He was terrible against Fiorentina, but one game shouldn't define him, because I've seen him do much better last season. I wonder if he goes out on loan to develop next year? I would love for him to turn into some world class CB. I love when primavera kids come through, it's what makes Calabria's rise so satisfying.

Team building is one of the most interesting elements of the game to me. I think something special is being built at Milan.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Botman is just like Fofana was last time we looked for a CB, a player we certainly like and the interest isn't made up, but clearly out of reach financially and while the media is still talking about him internally Maldini and Massara probably already moved to another target that is more affordable.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
you guys thought you could get rid of me by creating a new commode?
It took me some time to find this one, but i am finally here

giphy.gif

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Botman is just like Fofana was last time we looked for a CB, a player we certainly like and the interest isn't made up, but clearly out of reach financially and while the media is still talking about him internally Maldini and Massara probably already moved to another target that is more affordable.
I disagree

Botman isn't no 40m prospect like the EPL links and hype got you believing, his price will prob he just above 20m

You cannot ignore the part Elliot-Lille play in this

Fofana had clubs willing to pay over 35m up front for him, thats the difference

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I posted his offical FB page. And apparently it wasn't before. Read the comments on his FB page.
View attachment 848
And this man dared to compare himself to Zlatan.

Zlatan went everywhere, performs, and won things.
Lukaku going off-form and acting like a child.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Barca apparently need to sell.
Maybe we can snatch a player from there.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
I disagree

Botman isn't no 40m prospect like the EPL links and hype got you believing, his price will prob he just above 20m

You cannot ignore the part Elliot-Lille play on this

Fofana had clubs willing to pay over 35m up front for him, thats the difference

There is absolute zero chance Lille will sell for around 20m. Zero. Shitty italian sources just making up numbers as always. It's not 2010 anymore, players are much more expensive than they used to and subjective feeling of what a players price would be fair are irrelevant. The market defines prices and that nowadays most of the time means EPL teams willigness to pay amount X defines the price. Botman has a contract until 2025 and Lille isn't in any rush to sell after making it to r16 in the CL and selling Ikone. Telegraph just reported today that Lille won't even sell him for 30m pounds to Newcastle and wants to keep Botman until the end of the season.

The Elliot-Lille part that always is mentioned is so fascinating for me, because it is a clear example of how misinformation gets spread. Elliot never owned Lille, never had any operational control, all they ever did was they loaned the previous owner money (just like they did with Yonghong Li). That money has long ago been re-paid to Elliot, the current owners of Lille are new and have nothing do with Elliot. The idea that there is some special relationship between Milan and Lille is inaccurate and not based on anything. Both Leao and Maignan were bought for regular prices (with different owners involved), Leao was expensive and Maignan only had one contract year left. Two deals that other teams could've made as well. There is not going to be any special benefits for Milan negotiating for Botman or Renato Sanches.

In regards to Fofana i remember similar conversations with users downplaying how expensive he would be (not you specifically, just generally speaking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule