The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Other thoughts:

- What a keeper we have in Maignan .

- Do we really need a CB or is Kalulu not the obvious CB alternative to Kjaer ready to take over in some not too distant future? If Calabria is your starting RB I can live with Florenzi and see the money invested in a star CF for the next 10 years (Vlahovic... One can dream).

- Pioli coaching masterclass. Mourinho who?

- Tonali is simply phenomenal and so fundamental for us that I fear our midfield will fall completely apart the moment he's missing.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Tonali has truly been incredible.
he was a joy to watch tonight, especially second half

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe Elliott can open up that wallet this month for an addition or two lol

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seedorf is more talented than Tonali but unlike Seedorf Tonali isn't complacent,always give it all regardless of opponent.Seedorf often frustrated me because he seems to give his best only in the big games/opponent .With lesser opponent not so much..

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
clapping-nodding.gif

Tonali is literally like a little bit of Seedorf, Pirlo, and Gattuso in one player.

Yes he’s both unique and complete….I mean I don’t think there have been many players like Seedorf either and even Pirlo was pretty unique (not complete), as there have been other registas with great passing range.

Seedorf was a complete mid but heavily weighted towards a more attacking style.

Tonali is similar in that he also is a very complete player but weighted towards the defensive phases.

Almost as if they were a yin/yang of one another. Both complete mids but with one with attacking qualities and the other with more defensive ones…

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Seedorf is more talented than Tonali but unlike Seedorf Tonali isn't complacent,always give it all regardless of opponent.Seedorf often frustrated me because he seems to give his best only in the big games/opponent .With lesser opponent not so much..

Young Seedorf had a great engine. Older Seedorf was a Big Game Hunter.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes he’s both unique and complete….I mean I don’t think there have been many players like Seedorf either and even Pirlo was pretty unique (not complete), as there have been other registas with great passing range.

Seedorf was a complete mid but heavily weighted towards a more attacking style.

Tonali is similar in that he also is a very complete player but weighted towards the defensive phases.

Almost as if they were a yin/yang of one another. Both complete mids but with one with attacking qualities and the other with more defensive ones…
I would agree with you, especially the bolded part.

Seedorf, to me, is one of the most underrated midfielders of all time.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe im crazy but I always felt that this was the entire Milan team as a whole during those day, that’s why we struggled in the league a bit. Maybe it was an age thing.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would agree with you, especially the bolded part.

Seedorf, to me, is one of the most underrated midfielders of all time.

Absolutely. One of my all-time favs and criminally underrated. There used to be the Pirlo v Seedorf debate. Not even close to me.

Seedorf slots into any XI in the world and can play and even dominate. Pirlo needs particular players around him to bring out his best qualities.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe im crazy but I always felt that this was the entire Milan team as a whole during those day, that’s why we struggled in the league a bit. Maybe it was an age thing.

It is especially difficult with players that have won the league/handfuls of trophies and lack motivation for anything but the biggest prizes (CL). We also had a manager in Carlo who was best equipped for CL football and also seemed to lack the stamina/motivation for the league.

Carlo was like the opposite of Conte if that makes any sense…

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That’s rijkaard
Absolutely. One of my all-time favs and criminally underrated. There used to be the Pirlo v Seedorf debate. Not even close to me.

Seedorf slots into any XI in the world and can play and even dominate. Pirlo needs particular players around him to bring out his best qualities.
The only player who I think does the "I'm basically good at everything" in midfield better than Seedorf is Rijkaard. Gullit maybe should be considered, too, to be fair, but I think Rijkaard was even more versatile than Gullit, but honestly, all of them were incredible in their versatility.

Tonali is more regista-like, I don't think he has the attacking prowess of Seedorf or Gullit, he's definitely more of a regista than any of those guys, and he's a child. The last regista I loved this much was Albertini, who I think was better than Pirlo.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Other thoughts:

- What a keeper we have in Maignan .

- Do we really need a CB or is Kalulu not the obvious CB alternative to Kjaer ready to take over in some not too distant future? If Calabria is your starting RB I can live with Florenzi and see the money invested in a star CF for the next 10 years (Vlahovic... One can dream).

- Pioli coaching masterclass. Mourinho who?

- Tonali is simply phenomenal and so fundamental for us that I fear our midfield will fall completely apart the moment he's missing.
No I don't think Kalulu has the physicality (yet) to be a CB. He should keep working on being a fullback.

Tonali is incredible.

Maignan is the best.

Also impressed with Bakayoko, showed glimpses of the magic octopus he was with Gattuso. As long as we use him as a destroyer we're fine.

Can't wait to see Leao or Rebic permanently on the left. Saelemaekers just doesn't have the end product.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Seedorf was a beast in the second half of our last scudetto season in 10/11. Our biggest weakness was our midfield & he took care of that weakness. Major part in carrying us through the finish line and a little underappreciated part of his career compared to his CL performances.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only player who I think does the "I'm basically good at everything" in midfield better than Seedorf is Rijkaard. Gullit maybe should be considered, too, to be fair, but I think Rijkaard was even more versatile than Gullit, but honestly, all of them were incredible in their versatility.

Tonali is more regista-like, I don't think he has the attacking prowess of Seedorf or Gullit, he's definitely more of a regista than any of those guys, and he's a child. The last regista I loved this much was Albertini, who I think was better than Pirlo.
Tonali was born in the year 2000.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
always hated carlo as milan coach. fucker had arguably the best team in europe and really accomplished to win a single scudetto in 8 years plus blew a 3-0 lead in a CL final:proud: so pathetic

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seedorf injured many fans during his time at San siro.

Rui Costa in return everything he touched turned into gold.
This is true. A friend of mine had the pleasure to meet Rui in person in the VIP area of the Letzigrund in Zurich when FC Zurich met Benfica Lisabon.

That day he wore his n10 Rui Costa kit only for the chance of eventually meeting him, not knowing if he would even be in that VIP area or somewhere completely else.

Well he was lucky. They met, shook hands, shared a word or two... He said Rui was very happy to meet a fan and when he first saw him he said "hey, that's my shirt!" and laughed.

Never been more jealous of anyone in my life as when he showed me the foto of proof. Damn him. Lucky bastard.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
always hated carlo as milan coach. fucker had arguably the best team in europe and really accomplished to win a single scudetto in 8 years plus blew a 3-0 lead in a CL final:proud: so pathetic

This is a terrible take. If the CL was so easy then Pep would have won many with City. I’ll take the two CL titles and three finals over 15 Scudetti. The players lost their composure in 2005, a coach cannot play for those on the pitch.

The league was incredibly competitive when he was here, Inter and Juve were spending as much as we were most years.

Carlo was a class manager and an even better man, which is why his former players love him. He probably could have pushed for the league a few more times but nobody had us performing better in Europe since Sacchi (when no one was spending like us either).

Not to mention the Puyol dive/disallowed Sheva goal which could have led to another final in ‘06.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
.... he also won two CL?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
This is a terrible take. If the CL was so easy then Pep would have won many with City. I’ll take the two CL titles and three finals over 15 Scudetti. The players lost their composure in 2005, a coach cannot play for those on the pitch.

The league was incredibly competitive when he was here, Inter and Juve were spending as much as we were most years.

Carlo was a class manager and an even better man, which is why his former players love him. He probably could have pushed for the league a few more times but nobody had us performing better in Europe since Sacchi (when no one was spending like us either).

Not to mention the Puyol dive/disallowed Sheva goal which could have led to another final in ‘06.
Preach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule