The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. FBT tested positive today. He will be in isolation for 10 days. Then he will have a PCR test when returning to Italy where he will be in 10 days of isolation again. Am I missing something?
I don't think that 10 day isolation rule when you return to Italy is official.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score

1*2g_jl_xi-u1adKhf-RA2oQ.gif

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Wasn't it a bit similar last January when we signed Tomori?

A "shortlist" made up by the media, some of the bigger journalists even claimed we were close to one of them. Then nothing and then boom Tomori.

Wouldn't start crying if it's not Bailly.

I think the plan is:

1) Find the best cheap option and negotiate it early, so that we close the deal at any moment, and wait until the end of market session
2) Look for a better long term option with very favorable terms. If we find one we go for it, otherwise we go for the cheap one.

Going for the cheap one it's not just a short term plan it's also a strategy not to overpay players. If there aren't good players available for the right price in this session just wait for next one. Building a strong and financially sustainable team takes time anyway.

Look at this
probmilaudi.jpg

I believe the reason why some think we are going slow is because we are actually going super-fast.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Yes, some of us old fogeys are actually millennials in 'wants' when it comes to Milan

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There are many times when players do perform or meet the 'guarantee' - Ibra everywere he has been, CR7 to Real and to Juve, Rooney to United, Sheva to us, R9, Eto'o, Zidane, Beckham, Drogba, Neymar, etc etc.
Dropping down a level - Kun, Benzema, Walker and Sterling to City, Barella to Inter
Its all fine and good to point out exceptions but lets not speak like if the exceptions are the rule or at the very least lets assume that both ways have wins and losses.

As a SD you would honestly take Pellegri over Kane if you could afford Kane?????
You have also pencilled in Adli who hasnt even worn our colours yet and Bennacer who has ye to confirm consistent output.

Yes we are working smart and things are progressing but all isnt exceptional and beyond criticism.
Also no player has been rewarded handsomely yet...only Ibra :proud:
In the next post, I used the current Chelsea team to underline my point. Would you say that Chelsea's attack was money-well-spent? Pulisic at 58m pounds? Werner at 47.5m pounds? Havertz cost them 72m pounds. Ziyech at 37m pounds? How about Mendy at 22m pound versus Kepa at 71.5m pounds?

How about Man Utd? Maguire? Wan Bissaka? Fred? Pogba? Alexis Sanchez? Bailly? Lindelof? Sancho? Martial? van de Beek? Matic? Amad Diallo? Where is the success at Man Utd with all their spending?

How about Barca? Where was their last success transfer-wise? Frenkie de Jong at 75m probably? Otherwise, do you see great success in Dembele, Coutinho? Or are those exceptions? Fine. How about Greizmann at 120m? Or Braithwaite at 18m? Lenglet at 36m? Neto at 26m? Dest at 21m? Pjanic at 60m? Arthur at 31m? Malcolm at 41m? Paulinho at 40m? Where are the big-money success stories that I'm leaving out at Barca?

What about at Madrid? Hazard for 100m? Luka Jovic at 60m? Rodrygo at 45m? Are those great buys?

You are saying that I'm pointing out exceptions. I think your examples are the exceptions, actually. Everton has spent insane amounts of money in the last few years and they are shit. Roma spent more than anyone else in Serie A and they're shit. Atalanta on the other hand, have spent considerably less than most teams and are consistently good.

If I was the SD of a club, I wouldn't be comparing the acquisition of a 4th choice striker to someone like Harry Kane, let alone pretending that they are the same. I also wouldn't spend money on Kane, even if I could afford him. 150m pounds for a 28-29 year-old striker with a history of injuries? No thanks.

Oh, and for comparison's sake: in the last three seasons, Kane has had 45 goals in 81 games. Ibra has had 33 goals in 50 in the last two-and-a-half. Ibra's scoring rate is higher.

Penciled in Adli? He's a great prospect, who knows what will happen to him? Any player could be a risk, but I think Adli is a great choice. Bennacer has had to deal with injuries and covid, but he is a good player, which is why we want to renew him. Of course, my patience is easier because he cost 16m. I'd be more upset if he cost, oh, I dunno, 72m plus 10m in bonuses like Arthur at Juventus. Or is that another exception?

No one is saying that our management is beyond criticism, I think that's the issue here. I think the issue is that I don't agree with your criticisms. I have my own, and some of them previously have been proven to be wrong--like Kjaer for example. Others include my reticence to rely on Brahim Diaz as our first-choice CAM, which hasn't been disproven yet, unfortunately.

Ibra deserves his money, especially as it is based on appearances, and I'm not sure why giving big money to players is some sort of success for you, lol. Kjaer extended for a pretty low salary, I was personally shocked, but, I'm not going to complain about it.

If Theo wants to stay at Milan, I'd rather him stay at Milan because he loves the place and forgoes more money, than to hold the team hostage constantly like Donna. Or should we have paid Donna 12m-a-year instead of grabbing Maignan? What would you have done as an SD? Would you give Kessie 9m-a-year?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im behind... why r u guys talking about Omeragic? Any links or just fanta mercato?
I started watching him on youtube and said he looked really good.

The other thing is that he was pictured at San Siro a few weeks ago, which I made a huge deal out of.

So not as bad as my Daichi Kamada campaign, but close, lol.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
In the next post, I used the current Chelsea team to underline my point. Would you say that Chelsea's attack was money-well-spent? Pulisic at 58m pounds? Werner at 47.5m pounds? Havertz cost them 72m pounds. Ziyech at 37m pounds? How about Mendy at 22m pound versus Kepa at 71.5m pounds?

How about Man Utd? Maguire? Wan Bissaka? Fred? Pogba? Alexis Sanchez? Bailly? Lindelof? Sancho? Martial? van de Beek? Matic? Amad Diallo? Where is the success at Man Utd with all their spending?

How about Barca? Where was their last success transfer-wise? Frenkie de Jong at 75m probably? Otherwise, do you see great success in Dembele, Coutinho? Or are those exceptions? Fine. How about Greizmann at 120m? Or Braithwaite at 18m? Lenglet at 36m? Neto at 26m? Dest at 21m? Pjanic at 60m? Arthur at 31m? Malcolm at 41m? Paulinho at 40m? Where are the big-money success stories that I'm leaving out at Barca?

What about at Madrid? Hazard for 100m? Luka Jovic at 60m? Rodrygo at 45m? Are those great buys?

You are saying that I'm pointing out exceptions. I think your examples are the exceptions, actually. Everton has spent insane amounts of money in the last few years and they are shit. Roma spent more than anyone else in Serie A and they're shit. Atalanta on the other hand, have spent considerably less than most teams and are consistently good.

If I was the SD of a club, I wouldn't be comparing the acquisition of a 4th choice striker to someone like Harry Kane, let alone pretending that they are the same. I also wouldn't spend money on Kane, even if I could afford him. 150m pounds for a 28-29 year-old striker with a history of injuries? No thanks.

Oh, and for comparison's sake: in the last three seasons, Kane has had 45 goals in 81 games. Ibra has had 33 goals in 50 in the last two-and-a-half. Ibra's scoring rate is higher.

Penciled in Adli? He's a great prospect, who knows what will happen to him? Any player could be a risk, but I think Adli is a great choice. Bennacer has had to deal with injuries and covid, but he is a good player, which is why we want to renew him. Of course, my patience is easier because he cost 16m. I'd be more upset if he cost, oh, I dunno, 72m plus 10m in bonuses like Arthur at Juventus. Or is that another exception?

No one is saying that our management is beyond criticism, I think that's the issue here. I think the issue is that I don't agree with your criticisms. I have my own, and some of them previously have been proven to be wrong--like Kjaer for example. Others include my reticence to rely on Brahim Diaz as our first-choice CAM, which hasn't been disproven yet, unfortunately.

Ibra deserves his money, especially as it is based on appearances, and I'm not sure why giving big money to players is some sort of success for you, lol. Kjaer extended for a pretty low salary, I was personally shocked, but, I'm not going to complain about it.

If Theo wants to stay at Milan, I'd rather him stay at Milan because he loves the place and forgoes more money, than to hold the team hostage constantly like Donna. Or should we have paid Donna 12m-a-year instead of grabbing Maignan? What would you have done as an SD? Would you give Kessie 9m-a-year?
Your analysis has to be multi-variate or else it won't make sense.
There's always been expensive transfers that didn't work out.
There's always been expensive cars that weren't worth the money.

But in general...you get what you pay for.
I think it's time we pay out the bucks for a RW and CF.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Agent Mino Raiola is in hospital in Milan under observation, but a statement insists he was not rushed in for emergency surgery.
Pls R&B members, do keep him in yr thoughts & prayers :lol::lol:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
problem with inter is theyre too strong for ur average serie a team. Not many can do damage to them. We absolutely need a win in the derby for scudetto

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Glad you read it.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

So why are Barca and Man Utd so shit? Why are Atletico shit? Why are Juve? Why are Roma?

Expensive transfers are not more likely to succeed, they pose substantially more risk, but even if (and it's not) that expensive versus not expensive transfers were a 50/50 thing, wouldn't it make more sense, from a numbers standpoint, to make more not expensive transfers with the money you would make with one expensive transfer?

You (and Smurf) talk about "exceptions" but I think I've illustrated, quite clearly, that the successes of expensive transfers are not a "you get what you pay for" situation. Again, I think you guys are the ones talking about the exceptions, not me.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I guess what Sam is trying to say is that players are a bit like GPUs (odd comparison, but stick with me). At some point you pay so much more for a player to get only a tiny little bit more performance. There's probably not much difference between 30M Tomori or 50M Bremer. Yet the price difference is significant. What our management does is trying to distinguish between the players that are actually worth the bucks and those who are simply overpriced.

Like, sure, if you want to go for a bet as sure as it can get like Vlahovic you're going to pay 70M to Commisso. That's leafs POV. Sam however argues that with proper scouting you can find the Vlahovic of the situation for 30M. If not in this transfer window, maybe in the next, and until then you cover your holes with a valuable stop-gap solution.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So I guess City and Chelsea dont spend????
Or I guess Atalanta is winning the league all the time?

Sam's issue is he speaks as if only his mindset is the only way forward and others are folly. When given other examples or you highlight his ludicrous examples it isnt enough for him to just say "I see your point but disagree" he will come again with more outlandish or extreme scenarios and mountains of text.

Its very simple - the club has chosen a strategy and it is working. Some would like to see more direct investment for hopefully success sooner and others are patient to wait.
I dont see why every time someone mentions that they want a more proven direct investment he has to come along and act like if the person is crazy, His post with his examples off the top of his head was belittling and it isnt an authoritative statement no matter how long it is.

All he had to say was "well that isnt the MO of the current management so it probably wont happen" - To make it seem as if the suggestion isnt viable in any aspect is ridiculous.

Finror

Casual AC Milan connoisseur
Reaction score
Someone watching the game Juve Merda? If yes, how are both playing?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone watching the game Juve Merda? If yes, how are both playing?
I'm not watching super closely, just have the game on while I work, but in general: Juventus are playing sloppy, but they are missing a lot of players. Inter are at full-strength and they are looking good, but nothing incredible. Inter are a good team, no doubt, but they are not this invincible monster.

Dirooo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Berlusconi's helicopter & Galliani's golden tie
I think the plan is:

1) Find the best cheap option and negotiate it early, so that we close the deal at any moment, and wait until the end of market session
2) Look for a better long term option with very favorable terms. If we find one we go for it, otherwise we go for the cheap one.

Going for the cheap one it's not just a short term plan it's also a strategy not to overpay players. If there aren't good players available for the right price in this session just wait for next one. Building a strong and financially sustainable team takes time anyway.

Look at this
probmilaudi.jpg

I believe the reason why some think we are going slow is because we are actually going super-fast.
Good god look at that line up🤢🤮
Still can't believe those 2 rejects squandered 200mil to build this patchwork of shit ffs

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think part of the reason Milan doesn’t spend as much money as the club “potentially” could, is because they know/expect juventus and inter to really be fucked financially soon.

I don’t think Juve is as bad as some here make it where they will implode like Milan did, and inter while strapped for cash has a great management team that has been finding creative solutions. But it’s very obvious Milan is the best suited of the three going forward, short and long term. If the team is already competing for the title this season, why force our hand into a transfer we don’t need to make right now. Whether it’s a couple million difference in value or not. Imagine if we overpay a bit so Faivre comes in January and we end up in second place anyway, what’s the point? If it’s possible to bring him now, great. But the current team is set up nicely, and they will continue signing players like tonali and Tomori when they can and when they are confident. They’re just not taking risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule