The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Im behind... why r u guys talking about Omeragic? Any links or just fanta mercato?
nothing new, since the names that kind of drowned his name since he was first mentioned in december have died out themselves (namely Botman & Bremer) ... being the most apealing + the only one who has something going more than just "journalists" words. (San Siro visit)... he popped back up

those of us who liked him at first sight, charged back + more poeple are starting to like him.

simply put...the usual transfer period process

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Look, I'm Kalulu's biggest supporter as our future CB, and I want him to play. But signing Omeragic now as the fourth CB with plenty of room to grow would be - if he's all that - a genius move in lieu of letting Romagnoli go in the summer while recovering Kjaer. We would then have Tomori/Kjaer/Kalulu/Omeragic while keeping an open mind to possibilities in the summer.

Sure, but I don't want to rely on two kids when we play for the Scudetto in the final stretch of the season. That means that Pioli will opt for Romagnoli to add experience and I've been served that dish one too many times.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think part of the reason Milan doesn’t spend as much money as the club “potentially” could, is because they know/expect juventus and inter to really be fucked financially soon.

I don’t think Juve is as bad as some here make it where they will implode like Milan did, and inter while strapped for cash has a great management team that has been finding creative solutions. But it’s very obvious Milan is the best suited of the three going forward, short and long term. If the team is already competing for the title this season, why force our hand into a transfer we don’t need to make right now. Whether it’s a couple million difference in value or not. Imagine if we overpay a bit so Faivre comes in January and we end up in second place anyway, what’s the point? If it’s possible to bring him now, great. But the current team is set up nicely, and they will continue signing players like tonali and Tomori when they can and when they are confident. They’re just not taking risks.

Covid has a lot to do with it as well.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
But in general...you get what you pay for.
And this is the difference between traditional owners in football and our current (successful) strategy… Elliott wants to get more than what they pay for.

The player in question matters less than getting good value for money, Milan can’t afford the mistakes clubs like Chelsea can so we won’t attempt them. I know that makes discussion a lot less interesting but that’s basically the end of the discussion.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I’m busy twerking
K1YP.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So I guess City and Chelsea dont spend????
Or I guess Atalanta is winning the league all the time?

Sam's issue is he speaks as if only his mindset is the only way forward and others are folly. When given other examples or you highlight his ludicrous examples it isnt enough for him to just say "I see your point but disagree" he will come again with more outlandish or extreme scenarios and mountains of text.

Its very simple - the club has chosen a strategy and it is working. Some would like to see more direct investment for hopefully success sooner and others are patient to wait.
I dont see why every time someone mentions that they want a more proven direct investment he has to come along and act like if the person is crazy, His post with his examples off the top of his head was belittling and it isnt an authoritative statement no matter how long it is.

All he had to say was "well that isnt the MO of the current management so it probably wont happen" - To make it seem as if the suggestion isnt viable in any aspect is ridiculous.
All the City, Chelsea, Atalanta stuff, I've addressed.

What "ludicrous" examples have I made? What extreme scenarios have I put forward? I'm interested.

All the other stuff about how I'm some stuck-up asshole, sure, why not. I think you're projecting.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I guess what Sam is trying to say is that players are a bit like GPUs (odd comparison, but stick with me). At some point you pay so much more for a player to get only a tiny little bit more performance. There's probably not much difference between 30M Tomori or 50M Bremer. Yet the price difference is significant. What our management does is trying to distinguish between the players that are actually worth the bucks and those who are simply overpriced.

Like, sure, if you want to go for a bet as sure as it can get like Vlahovic you're going to pay 70M to Commisso. That's leafs POV. Sam however argues that with proper scouting you can find the Vlahovic of the situation for 30M. If not in this transfer window, maybe in the next, and until then you cover your holes with a valuable stop-gap solution.
Well sort of. I am saying not to be "penny wise and pound foolish". i.e. if 2-5 Million is the difference between getting a highly recommend player or not ...then we should er on the side of getting him. As opposed to trying to save that buck.
Our squad has a good frame, but we need to put some meat on those bones. We might be at a stage where trying to moneyball our RW might hurt us and ironically cost us more.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So I guess City and Chelsea dont spend????
Or I guess Atalanta is winning the league all the time?

[...]

Not quite a fair comparison if you compare Chelseas and Citys revenues to Atalantas. Our ours. Our to that of whole Serie A. The problem is well known and documented. Economically, we can't and probably will never compete with the PL clubs.

Then yes, there are Real, Barca, PSG and Bayern. Some of them are struggling. Some not so much. Bayern for example benefits a lot from its privileged status in BL, not so much the league itself tho.

I think compared to Atalanta tho our managements effort to become way more competitive also from an annual revenue POV to all of them mentioned above is evident and under everyone's eyes. Brk just posted some official numbers from 2019 and 2020 season showing we're moving in a very good direction.

Our investments will always be in relation to those revenues. We'll get there, have faith, but not as soon as the fans wished it to be, but it is what it is.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And this is the difference between traditional owners in football and our current (successful) strategy… Elliott wants to get more than what they pay for.

The player in question matters less than getting good value for money, Milan can’t afford the mistakes clubs like Chelsea can so we won’t attempt them. I know that makes discussion a lot less interesting but that’s basically the end of the discussion.
Sure....but let's say Management got us our RW....and we won the scudetto isn't that getting more than what we paid for? I would think that nobody would have given this team a chance if it was presented to us in 2020.

Tomori, Kalulu, Diaz and Theo weren't exactly household names. We've gotten some "better than expected" players in Messias (who I really didn't give a chance) and Kjaer-who has been a monster.
We've done a lot of great moneyballing already. Maybe a safe bet and profit 🤷🏽‍♂️

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Sometimes I want to do "Maldini/Massara/Management" thing on long poster just to tease them, but I'm afraid that I will ruined someone's day

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Sure, but I don't want to rely on two kids when we play for the Scudetto in the final stretch of the season. That means that Pioli will opt for Romagnoli to add experience and I've been served that dish one too many times.
i wrote post yesterday. i used the word "experience" and said i don't like that word...at least the way it's thrown in football.

it seems, if you're older, automatically, you add valuable experience.
please enlighten me how does Romagnoli's experience benefit Milan? doesn't add anything in terms of ability nor Psychological (aura) ... if anything he takes away...because now we have a player that opponents see as a weak link. they try to target him 1v1 because there is a high chance they can dunk on him. then Psychologically, our players around him know they can't leave him on his own and do what they do at a 100%.

i am 1000x more worried when an attacker is running at Romagnoli than a at Gabbia or Kalulu

so is the fact that he is 27 (today, HBD to him) automatically adds value?

do the goals or big chances we concede with Romagnoli being spun, and falling face first or just being bullied less punishing than those by mistake of a younger inexperience player? ...

Omeragic if he comes (god i hope) and one day through Rotation or Romagnoli unavailability is paired with Tomori and shows the big balls we see in his videos, carry the ball the way he does, tackle the way he does, aggressive. overall shows to be a good partner for Fik. i don't think that will be a hard choice for Pioli to make. Pioli seems like a very logical man. i doubt he'll bench those qualities that would add another dimension to the teams way of play and stick to Romagnoli's "experience" ... it would happen just like it happened with Fik. gradually but relatively quickly.

back to reality lol. we haven't got Omeragic (yet), and if it comes he'd need time to settle.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
“We want a complete defender, that is, he must be able to win a one-on-one, he must be courageous and then he must be a good playmaker, capable of making the right choices when he has the ball. It won’t be a roaring market for anyone, but I’m sure we’ll find the right player,” he stated.

This video is almost like an embodiment of every Pioli's words 😅

For anyone who's still not onboard 😆

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You can't moneyball everything. I'm not asking for a $100M transfer here. I'm asking for a proven sure shot ~40M player.
There are always going to be transfer flops. But not every cheap signing works out either. I'm asking for somewhere in the middle.
Honestly I've lost count of the number of times we missed out on a great player and more importantly role player/cog in the machine over <2M

I don‘t really see the difference between 30m and 40m transfers and Elliot will shop in that range anyway and more or less already did. Next tier of players imo starts at 50m+, usually more 70m.

Moneyball wise next step is to attract high profile free agents imo, that can be a dangerous game but as long as it doesn‘t get out of hand it is also a mighty tool to cement a top position.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In other news Forza Ancelotti 👍🏽

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I see that take. Then who is experienced enough?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Sure....but let's say Management got us our RW....and we won the scudetto isn't that getting more than what we paid for? I would think that nobody would have given this team a chance if it was presented to us in 2020.

Tomori, Kalulu, Diaz and Theo weren't exactly household names. We've gotten some "better than expected" players in Messias (who I really didn't give a chance) and Kjaer-who has been a monster.
We've done a lot of great moneyballing already. Maybe a safe bet and profit 🤷🏽‍♂️
scrupulous, diligent Scouting + creating an environment/club culture for the young to flourish is not Moneyballing.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Lol Bonucci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule