The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
No. I absolutely don't want to "rub salt" anywhere.
Wild (this isn't even my complete opinion) is simply making the point that "calm down we're not there yet"
I have no idea why so much offense and butthurt is the response to his "midtable" comment.

We simply aren't a top team. Go call the UNHCR if you want 🤷🏽‍♂️
I WANT us to be a top team.
I BELIEVE we can be a top team.
I can see us becoming a top team with the right investment
I THINK that a full strength Milan is close to a top team (we need a proper cf and rw though)
I HOPE we'll get there this year

But it's pretty fucking obvious that we aren't
Fuck me :rolleyes:

Keep your panties on.

Of-course we're a big club, but not a top club at the moment. We're not a mid-table club either. Stating that we're a top club right now is delusional, but stating we're a mid-table club doesn't do justice to the current state of the club.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Its worse once you consider that we have to save 8 spots for association and homegrown players. It means we have to fill those spots with either youth fodder or sign serie a fodder. Doesn’t leave much room to improve our XI without sales.

That's why I believe that we'll keep Gabbia and bring Pobega back. If Gabbia leaves on loan, we'll probably promote a player from the primavera.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I'm fine for not signing a new CB IF Stanga is actually a new Nesta and ended being revelation of the season

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
While some people are talking about mid-table clubs, I am watching some Leao footage on the web. Him and Tonali are the biggest talents we've had in many years. One of the signs that we're on the rise. I enjoy this team and it's shining diamonds. We'll be competitive in Europe in a year or two. Once we'll play in a new stadium, this club will rise to the top and we'll be sipping champagne.

Rafael Leao is dancing with defenders.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I meant that some players are just more suited to a certain league. Saul Niguez for me is a typical La Liga, Serie A midfielder. His style is not suited to EPL and Tuchel took notice of that rather quickly.
True. But it’s not so rigidly connected to certain attributes like speed or physicality
I'm fine for not signing a new CB IF Stanga is actually a new Nesta and ended being revelation of the season
isn’t he a RB?

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
you mean that you "WOULD BE FINE" for not signing "A NEW CB" if Stanga is actually "A NEW NESTA" and ended being "REVELATION OF THE SEASON"?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Most arguments are rooted in different definitions.

Like what is world class? To me, being top 10 in your position is world class.

Other people have different definitions. Hence most fights.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
AC Milan and Lazio To Battle For Verona Defender

AC Milan and Lazio to battle for Verona defender

Written by: Vito Doria

Nicolo Casale has reportedly attracted the interest of AC Milan and Lazio, and the Biancocelesti seem to have the advantage over the Rossoneri at this stage for the Hellas Verona centre-back.

The 23-year-old has played 20 matches so far during the 2021/22 Serie A campaign and the Gialloblu might have difficulty holding onto him for the second half of the season.
According to L’Arena, AC Milan offered Verona €8 million for Casale but their offer was promptly rejected.

La Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting that Lazio coach Maurizio Sarri has approved of club management targeting the defender, and they are trying to work out a deal that would lower the €10m price tag, possibly by sending another player in the opposite direction.

Both Milan and Lazio will be eager to lure Casale to their respective clubs. The Rossoneri are searching for a back-up for the injured Simon Kjaer while the Aquile are having difficulty switching from a back three from the Simone Inzaghi era to a back four under Sarri.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
torino-fc-v-bologna-fc-serie-a-2.jpg

MERCATO NEWS

From Belgium: Maldini lining up €20m man for potential summer move with enquiry lodged​

By Oliver Fisher - 15 January 2022, 13:10

AC Milan are ‘very interested’ in signing young defender Arthur Theate who is impressing with Bologna this season, according to a report.
According to what is being reported by hln.be, the Rossoneri have been left impressed by Theate who is doing well in Serie A with Bologna having made the switch on loan from KV Oostende. Milan are attentive to Belgian talent as seen in their purchase of Alexis Saelemaekers, and they are ‘very charmed’ by Theate as per the source.

They claim that Italian sources have told them technical director Paolo Maldini has already been in touch with Bologna to inquire about transfer terms. He cannot move in January as Theate has already played for Oostende and Bologna this season, but Milan see the 21-year-old as an attractive prospect for the future.
Bologna got Theate from KVO on loan with an obligation to buy and given that he has settled into Serie A so well, the Rossoblu are expected to demand at least €20m in the summer.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
While some people are talking about mid-table clubs, I am watching some Leao footage on the web. Him and Tonali are the biggest talents we've had in many years. One of the signs that we're on the rise. I enjoy this team and it's shining diamonds. We'll be competitive in Europe in a year or two. Once we'll play in a new stadium, this club will rise to the top and we'll be sipping champagne.

Rafael Leao is dancing with defenders.

Keep your panties on.

Of-course we're a big club, but not a top club at the moment. We're not a mid-table club either. Stating that we're a top club right now is delusional, but stating we're a mid-table club doesn't do justice to the current state of the club.

Sir, I'd have you know that I always keep my panties on except for the most high risk situations :o

Also I'm probably the biggest Leao fanboy on this forum

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we have anyone coming from our academy that is at least good enough for the bench we should try to keep him, so i think Pobega will be rossonero next season. Players like Krunic, Messias and Saelemaekers have to work very hard if they want to stay.

I hope our youth players step up next season, so far only Calabria deserves his spot in the main team. We also need to see more signings like Tonali where we snatch the best from the federations talent-pool. Idk what will happen in the summer but I’d prefer a different approach than signings like Belotti.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Tomori joined us on January 22nd last year.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The Milan management will not rush into making a signing for the defence because they are happy with what they have seen from their current options, it is claimed.

Ever since it was confirmed on Friday that Fikayo Tomori will be out for 30 days after surgery on a meniscal problem in his knee, speculation has been rife suggesting that the Rossoneri are ready to intensify their pursuit of a new centre-back with various targets linked.

However, il Corriere della Sera (via MilanNews) have a slightly different take on things, as they report that the performances from Pierre Kalulu and Matteo Gabbia have convinced Maldini and Massara not to change their market strategy even after Tomori’s injury.

The strategy therefore remains as follows: a reinforcement for the defence will arrive only if a fully convincing profile is identified, and Milan will not recruit a defender only to fill a box numerically, an idea that Pioli agrees with.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
You guys really accepted being nr 2 to internazaionale milano. Dark times
2nd place not being midtable does not mean we accept being 2nd to Inter? What kind of logic is that?

It's like you saying you like owning a PSG shirt isn't being a PSG fan and me saying "You really accepted being a PSG fan by owning a PSG shirt?".

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
You guys really accepted being nr 2 to internazaionale milano. Dark times
Nonsense Comrade... being second to a depleted Inter is footballing excellence 😍

If the shoe were on the other foot and Milan was forced to sell Theo and Leao....R&B would have made excuses for being 15th :proud:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Feels a lot longer than that. Great impact
True. I just meant that we signed him a week from now in terms of timing. Since we're always opportunists any signings will probably come during the later part of the window.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Second place to a weakened Inter, in a third rated league, who are behind Bayern, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real, Atletico, P$G etc is VERY VERY VERY mid table.

We can do this all day comrade 🧐
lmao. just saw this.. you and me are just the same these days i see

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nonsense Comrade... being second to a depleted Inter is footballing excellence 😍

If the shoe were on the other foot and Milan was forced to sell Theo and Leao....R&B would have made excuses for being 15th :proud:
Good thing we arent owned by the morons at Inter who are so fucking bad at their work they are threatening the entire Chinese Real Estate market and potentially the economy with how fucking dumb they are.

By the way, when I say that Inter is a shit team and that we are the better team, I mean that, no need to read in between the lines.

As the saying goes: "If you cannot say what you mean, you will never mean what you say and a gentleman should always mean what he says."

Inter is a shit team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule