The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
We are in bad form. Our defence is bad.Tomori got burned because often he was playing for two players in defence. First Spezia goal was example how not to defend. You can't teach two youngster in two games how to defend. We need to outscore opponents at this point. Clean sheet is now becoming a dream. Our thin bench and injury is preventing us for trophies.
Last night Inzaghi replaced Bastoni for De Vrij.
So basically the opposite of depleted

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
It gets worse and worse... like eating an carolina reaper

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The way people are bitching here makes me believe they belong in the banter era.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Reports are that the AIA just apologized to us. The ref from today will be suspended.

The chiefs of the referee association have apologized to Milan, as well. [Gazzetta]

Give me two undeserved wins against Juve and Inter and we'll call it even, and then let Inter lose another game they don't deserve to lose.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Stevan...I don't want to be one of those "you ain't a real rossonero" posters...but where the fuck are you when we win?

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Now you are blaming us conceding the 2nd goal on the referee? Get real. Do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?
some here could compete for a gold medal at olympic mental gymnastics:lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do refs get suspended for doing a good job?

I'm stupid, please, someone who isn't some weakling, who can demonstrate their mental strength, please explain to me why the AIA would apologize to us if the ref didn't do anything wrong? I mean, he didn't do anything to impact the result of the game.

Please, help me, I need to hear from the objective people on here, who can see through the lens of fandom and the rose-tinted glasses of being a Milan fan to explain to me:

Why would the ref from today get suspended? Did the AIA apologize to our management team because we didn't put away our chances?

I'm really confused, please help.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Reports are that the AIA just apologized to us. The ref from today will be suspended.

The chiefs of the referee association have apologized to Milan, as well. [Gazzetta]

Give me two undeserved wins against Juve and Inter and we'll call it even, and then let Inter lose another game they don't deserve to lose.
I am merciful. I do not agree with the suspension of this referee. He made an honest mistake. Even if it was a rather late to whistle. It was a mistake in the moment. It is very different from misjudging a VAR call. The ref immediately took notice of his mistake and apologized. Mistake on the job. Move it on.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Was weird for the ref to apologize frankly. Usually they just act like they were right to avoid being blamed, or to avoid looking incompetent.
good of him, makes me hard to be pissed at him... probably didn't realize the chance we had and whistled, shit happens, humans make errors... it's ultimately on us, we should've put this game to bed in 1st half, not wait until 80+ min to win vs Spezia

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Fecking club...
paolo-maldini-maldini.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Interviews like this are why Calabria is clearly destined to be our captain for a long time.

Classy reactions from both of them, truly Milan worthy :heart:

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
How about VAR?did they sorry too for did nothing?they should correct and allow messias goal.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am merciful. I do not agree with the suspension of this referee. He made an honest mistake. Even if it was a rather late to whistle. It was a mistake in the moment. It is very different from misjudging a VAR call. The ref immediately took notice of his mistake and apologized. Mistake on the job. Move it on.
If the Napoli game didn't happen, perhaps I'd be more merciful. If refs didn't consistently make these "oopsies" against us, I would shrug my shoulders, and say that it is just one of those games.

The problem is, that it is this consistent pattern. What bothers me more is that Gyasi was able to stay on the field after committing multiple professional fouls while on a yellow card.

Yes, we should have put the game away. There's no doubt about that. But when we talk about ref errors only in a vacuum, this infuriates me. It's not just in the big decisions, because VAR is there for penalties, but second yellows, niggling fouls, and even advantage is not something I want to tolerate. Then let us have full review over everything, because this incompetence is costing us points. Disproportionately so.

Linesmen are told to hold their flags because of the potential for error. Shit, Van Dijk tore up his knee because of the need to delay offside calls. These refs know that advantage is a thing, and you're talking about a winner. It was in, it was done.

The worst part is having to see this level of incompetence derail our CL hopes and now our ability to compete for a title.

There is no compensatory mechanism for these sorts of ref errors, unless they want to award us the 3 points, then I find this sort of "oops" to be empty.

The management team don't shit on officials publicly because they have class, and that's great, but they thought that approach would be the proper one after the Napoli game. Here we are a few weeks later and it happens in an even more egregious fashion?

Unless your "move it on" was for me to stop berating this point, which I respectfully disagree and unless I have to actually stop, I won't because in light of having to hear about red cards not impacting games. AND WORSE a shitty analogy with a Genoa game in which the party that would have gotten a foul, got their goal. Juve didn't get fucked over, they didn't stop, the goal stood. It's not even a good fucking analogy.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How about VAR?did they sorry too for did nothing?they should correct and allow messias goal.
nah, the whistle was blown, Spezia could argue it influenced their players not to react...

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
FI saying the ref is to be suspended... I see no reason why he shud be. He fecked up on the pen but VAR corrected that mishap, no worries, carry on... the advantage forwarded is at the sole discretion of the ref, there is no rule abt it, main thing is he saw a foul and called it... yes, wudve been nice for him to delay the whistle for 1/2 seconds and allow the advantage... still not an error!

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FI saying the ref is to be suspended... I see no reason why he shud be. He fecked up on the pen but VAR corrected that mishap, no worries, carry on... the advantage forwarded is at the sole discretion of the ref, there is no rule abt it, main thing is he saw a foul and called it... yes, wudve been for him to delay the whistle for 1/2 seconds and allow the advantage... still not an error!
Because he made more errors than the one on the game winning goal being canceled and the VAR having to correct his blatant error.

He made a lot of errors. Like the guy who scored, Gyasi, should have been sent off. Before they scored their equalizer.

What are you talking about not being an error? I'm genuinely asking. Genuinely.

Edit: He also had this performance in front of one of the HEADS of the Italian ref association, who got to watch him fuck up. A lot.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
If the Napoli game didn't happen, perhaps I'd be more merciful. If refs didn't consistently make these "oopsies" against us, I would shrug my shoulders, and say that it is just one of those games.

The problem is, that it is this consistent pattern. What bothers me more is that Gyasi was able to stay on the field after committing multiple professional fouls while on a yellow card.

Yes, we should have put the game away. There's no doubt about that. But when we talk about ref errors only in a vacuum, this infuriates me. It's not just in the big decisions, because VAR is there for penalties, but second yellows, niggling fouls, and even advantage is not something I want to tolerate. Then let us have full review over everything, because this incompetence is costing us points. Disproportionately so.

Linesmen are told to hold their flags because of the potential for error. Shit, Van Dijk tore up his knee because of the need to delay offside calls. These refs know that advantage is a thing, and you're talking about a winner. It was in, it was done.

The worst part is having to see this level of incompetence derail our CL hopes and now our ability to compete for a title.

There is no compensatory mechanism for these sorts of ref errors, unless they want to award us the 3 points, then I find this sort of "oops" to be empty.

The management team don't shit on officials publicly because they have class, and that's great, but they thought that approach would be the proper one after the Napoli game. Here we are a few weeks later and it happens in an even more egregious fashion?

Unless your "move it on" was for me to stop berating this point, which I respectfully disagree and unless I have to actually stop, I won't because in light of having to hear about red cards not impacting games. AND WORSE a shitty analogy with a Genoa game in which the party that would have gotten a foul, got their goal. Juve didn't get fucked over, they didn't stop, the goal stood. It's not even a good fucking analogy.
It wasn't aimed at you for berating this matter. It was only to say that I think the suspension is incorrect as a stand-alone point. And yes, it is very frustrating for us as club and fans. It is an accumulation of many things now of which I am starting to lose track of.

The VAR has been brought to life for very crucial matters only. Such as the Thierry Henry handball against Ireland. Incorrect referee decisions that dramatically impact the game is part of that (penalties, red cards). This situation should have been reviewed but as the referee blew the whistle and therefore it couldn't. Which you correctly highlighted linesmen must wait to flag for any potential error. So, how is our situation today not the same? But rather than an offside, an advantage given... it's a sad mistake for club and referee. But once again, the ref did not misjudge a VAR call in which you can take a moment to observe and think before calling it. He screwed up big in the moment but it was an honest mistake on the job.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
It wasn't aimed at you for berating this matter. It was only to say that I think the suspension is incorrect as a stand-alone point. And yes, it is very frustrating for us as club and fans. It is an accumulation of many things now of which I am starting to lose track of.

The VAR has been brought to life for very crucial matters only. Such as the Thierry Henry handball against Ireland. Incorrect referee decisions that dramatically impact the game is part of that (penalties, red cards). This situation should have been reviewed but as the referee blew the whistle and therefore it couldn't. Which you correctly highlighted linesmen must wait to flag for any potential error. So, how is our situation today not the same? But rather than an offside, an advantage given... it's a sad mistake for club and referee. But once again, the ref did not misjudge a VAR call in which you can take a moment to observe and think before calling it. He screwed up big in the moment but it was an honest mistake on the job.
Speaking of refereeing error,

have you ever heard the odd Maradona’s goal in WC?

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Zlatan needs to fuck off.
Rebic as cf and lets go back to our winning ways

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Status
Not open for further replies.