The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Besides the referee, I was so frustrated with Zlatan. He is the king of Milan, and I am so thankful for what he has done for us throughout the years.

However, I am so confused with how the hell he has become such a liability. Last year, he was superior. He was a tank in the box, he would score on long balls from our defense, crosses from the flank and he was so important for our play. He looked like he actually enjoyed playing football last year but since his return from the knee injury, he has looked completely unmotivated and lost. He yells it his teammates for not passing the ball, even though his position doesn’t allow him to receive it, and when he has the ball himself, he throws it away most of the time. By the look of our players, it seems as if they even lost some respect for him.

Obviously, he is 40 years old now, and the romance cannot continue. The fact that he walks around the entire game as if he was saving energy for a padel match afterwards is killing me. He does not have the rights to do that anymore if he does not deliver to make up for it.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Unless we beat both Juve and Inter, this will take quite some time to get over.

With all the injuries and with Inter being so lucky having everyone available every game and the fact they almost always win, unfortunately theres no room for such a mistake at this stage of the season. I’m afraid that’s it for scudetto..

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The irony is that the AIA supposedly sent that referee to gain experience and now he will be suspended for a long period.

But besides that, I think he officiated the game well if you take away that rushed whistle. I don't think it's fair to say that Gyasa should have been sent off, that's not up to the fan to determine, and he did not commit a dangerous foul worthy of a second yellow. I actually like it when refs don't punish for the slightest contact, and this one allowed an open and somewhat physical game, and I really like that. You could argue that a typical uptight ref would have given their CF Manaj a few more free kicks and maybe give Kalulu his second yellow. So it's not right to say that they should have gone down to 10 men.

His only mistake was to whistle too early and I'm not mad at him because he instantly demonstrated the humility to apologize.

What angers me more is the approach of our team. I can't think of any reason why there was such low levels of focus, as if the match itself was not important.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I'm still so fucking angry and upset about that game, really hard to forget this shit happened.
Can't believe we got so fucked from the ref, the commentator couldn't believe it aswell. But it wasn't only that incident, Spezia should've had a lot more yellow cards. They were pulling shirts so often and barely got any cards, so they just continued doing it because they got away with it. If one of our players pulled a shirt, it was a yellow immediately. That was also something the commentator pointed out, that we always got a card whereas Spezia did the same thing and nothing happened.

This match was so fucked up, like it was cursed. We missed so many chances and on top of that the ref made many mistakes that hurt us. What does it help us now that the ref and the AIA apologised, we lost three points, who's going to give them back to us?

I just need a great game against Juve now so I can forget this shit.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Not saying it will be, but this could also be the sort of galvanizing trauma that makes us an absolute menace going forward.

I'm sure the players will be extremely fired up in the next two games. Hopefully we get more players available.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I rarely wake up mad, but this is one these mornings. So irritated I can't even describe it...

Reaction score
The Mighty Spezia..theyre simply too good

Send back messias to aliexpress
Pioli back to Subway
The ref back to rehab center

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
I am so frustrated over last nights ending. I was full of optimism for the rest of the season, DESPITE the Kjær and Tomori injuries. Going into the Spezia game with the possibility of being +1 to Inter and having the Derby in a couple of games was a dream scenario. Tomori aims to be back for the Inter game and Bennacer would probably also be at Mister's disposal.

However, the reality now is that regardless of the results against Juve and Inter, we will still miss 3 points at the end of the season. This is going to be in my thoughts throughout the rest of the season, just like the missing point from the Napoli game. The club, which I love, was robbed last night. I feel that I was personally robbed as well. And on top of that, the apologies coming from the referee and the AIA (and the potential suspension for the referee) feel like it's just making my feeling worse. I don't care about the consequences for the referee. He knew that he was wrong. All I care about is the missing 3 (4 points including the Napoli game) points at the end of the season. This will and cannot be changed.

I genuinely feel as if this season is cursed for us. Going into the winter break, I was hoping for a fit squad despite the AFCON absences. But at the beginning of the year, Covid-19 and injuries hit us again.

I do not want to be pessimistic for our season as I love heading into games with great optimism. But, the facts unfortunately are that we will not and cannot win the Scudetto this season, as long as so many unfortunate things keep on hitting us. It's just not possible.

Now, I want to secure the second spot and qualify for Champions League, and on top of that, I want Juve to miss out on the Champions League. This is the goal. If (and that is a very big IF!) we still are in the title race on the last games of the season, I will hope for the best. But we will still be victims of injuries, Covid-19 and referee mistakes. These things will not change for us at the moment. And to be honest, I want to save that "luck" for next season instead of "wasting" it this season, as lucky and healthy Inter will win again. No doubt. And this hurts. Inter's potential title this year feels so unfair. They might win with +10 points now, but in the end, the only difference will be injuries and referee mistakes.

As someone rightfully wrote yesterday. I love loving Milan, but I hate loving a team from Serie A as long as these things happen.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The irony is that the AIA supposedly sent that referee to gain experience and now he will be suspended for a long period.

But besides that, I think he officiated the game well if you take away that rushed whistle. I don't think it's fair to say that Gyasa should have been sent off, that's not up to the fan to determine, and he did not commit a dangerous foul worthy of a second yellow. I actually like it when refs don't punish for the slightest contact, and this one allowed an open and somewhat physical game, and I really like that. You could argue that a typical uptight ref would have given their CF Manaj a few more free kicks and maybe give Kalulu his second yellow. So it's not right to say that they should have gone down to 10 men.

His only mistake was to whistle too early and I'm not mad at him because he instantly demonstrated the humility to apologize.

What angers me more is the approach of our team. I can't think of any reason why there was such low levels of focus, as if the match itself was not important.
Absolutely not, the non-advantage actually was the least problem.

Spezia players pulled our attackers constantly at their shirts to stop our attacks. That is a straight yellow for a tactical foul, there is no room for discretion.

Our defenders got straight yellows for it (Hernandez, Kalulu, Gabbia), so tell me it is not a massive disadvantage if the opponent can stop your attacks with tactical fouls and your defenders have to hold back to avoid a second yellow.
Also Hernandez and Gabbia were lured into doing it after Spezia players went unpunished repeatedly.

He had one of the worst lines of decisionmaking I‘ve ever seen.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score

Interviews like this are why Calabria is clearly destined to be our captain for a long time.

Very classy from both. I dunno why would anyone want our management (or anyone from our team) to crying and blaming people just for the sake of it

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
I checked statistic yesterday. Shoots on target:

Ibra 4
Salad 2
Leao 2

Rest is 0

People criticize Salad too much.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Ibra 4
Salad 2
Leao 2

Rest is 0

I think he did quite well yesterday. He might still improve in the future, only 22 y.o.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Ibra 4
Salad 2
Leao 2

Rest is 0

Leao and Saele were really good yesterday, Ibra unlucky and also lacking sharpness but still involved in almost every attack.
Diaz was completely invisible, he is really concerning. It looked like he got a bit better after winter break but no, just completely lost.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao and Saele were really good yesterday, Ibra unlucky and also lacking sharpness but still involved in almost every attack.
Diaz was completely invisible, he is really concerning. It looked like he got a bit better after winter break but no, just completely lost.
Diaz is clearly talented, but gets shoved off too easily. It's weird that he's basically of the same build as Messi, but the latter can really hold his ground...

Reaction score
kl9p5zz4.jpg

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Diaz is clearly talented, but gets shoved off too easily. It's weird that he's basically of the same build as Messi, but the latter can really hold his ground...
Messi got the downforce of a F1 car, and a hundred times more talented than Diaz.

Small players are doomed to fail in football, unless you're an exception to the rule like Messi.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miccoli, Insigne, Navas also made their height work. Brahim looked better at points, but he probably has to feel 100% in form to work.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messi got the downforce of a F1 car, and a hundred times more talented than Diaz.

Small players are doomed to fail in football, unless you're an exception to the rule like Messi.
maybe there's something he can do about it... idk

I remember playing vs a guy who was like 1.67 and 77-80 kg... everytime I went physical vs him felt like hitting a rock :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The ref was allegedly in tears after the game over his mistake. Ibra and a couple of others consoled him.

Oh well. Shit happens.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
maybe there's something he can do about it... idk

I remember playing vs a guy who was like 1.67 and 77-80 kg... everytime I went physical vs him felt like hitting a rock :lol:
Yeah, they say for example that Kanté is extremely strong. He's small but he makes it work..

Like I said, it's not impossible to become a good or great player when you're small, but size matters in football. CAM as a small player is probably the worst position as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule