The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I heard that the management of Porto believes he's actually 33 years old. He has like 4 registered birth dates. :lol:

MERCATO NEWS

From Portugal: Milan interested in Porto centre-back as agent pushes for a move​

By Oliver Fisher - 21 January 2022, 10:07

AC Milan continue to be linked with a number of different centre-backs and the latest target is Chancel Mbemba of Porto, according to a report.
The Rossoneri have been linked with seemingly every centre-back under the sun since the injury sustained by Simon Kjaer, because while Pierre Kalulu and Matteo Gabbia have done a decent job stepping up during a defensive crisis, they are young and inexperienced which is a worry for the big games.

According to Portuguese newspaper A Bola (via MilanLive), Milan have interest in signing Mbemba from Porto, who faced the Rossoneri as an opponent this season in the Champions League. He is 27 years old and has a great international experience having also played in the Premier League with Newcastle.
However, the Rossoneri are not the only one to have targeted him because there is competition from LaLiga side Real Betis. The player wants to leave Porto his agents are looking for a club that play in the top European leagues.

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Can't wait for Sunday to come... already in the mood to dance on gobbi's grave after killing them off with Leao,Rebic,Ibra and Florenzi Freekick goals.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
fbl-eur-c1-zenit-chelsea.jpg

MERCATO NEWS

RMC Sport: Milan and Bayer Leverkusen both want Zenit star on a free transfer​

By Oliver Fisher - 21 January 2022, 11:14

AC Milan are evaluating the idea of signing Sardar Azmoun when his contract ends just before the summer transfer window, a report claims.
According to what is being reported by RMC Sport in France, the chances of seeing Azmoun at Olympique Lyonnais appear to be over. Burnley have made an offer of €12m to Zenit St. Petersburg to sign him this month, but it remains to be seen if the destination will convince the player.

That is because many clubs are moving to sign him especially in June when he would arrive without a transfer fee, with AC Milan and Bayer Leverkusen mentioned as having an interest in him.
The player will not leave Zenit this winter and should now move on to sign for his next club on a free this summer, therefore Burnley are set to be disappointed and Milan are ones to watch in the race to land him.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

lol man and his agent seems like big assholes:lol:

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Screenshot-2022-01-20-at-19.01.29.jpg

MERCATO NEWS

Reports: Milan persisting with attempts to land Botman – player approves the move​

By Oliver Fisher - 20 January 2022, 20:04

AC Milan have not given up on trying to sign Sven Botman from Lille and are expected to make a new attempt, according to reports.
Two journalists are reporting this evening that the Rossoneri are still betting heavily on landing Botman, the first of whom is Nicolo Schira who claims that Milan have never interrupted talks with the agents of Botman who has been the first choice target for a month and a half.

The Dutchman was not tempted by Newcastle’s attempts to sign him but he has given priority to the Rossoneri. Lille for their part are continuing to put up a wall as they want to keep the 21-year-old, but next week Milan will try again.
Meanwhile, Luca Marchetti has told TMW that the Rossoneri will not give up on Botman and have not lost hope despite the words of Lille president Oliver Letang. The two clubs have excellent relations and are negotiating to see if it is still possible to find a solution.
If there is no agreement found, Milan will move late in the window for a loan solution like Eric Bailly of Manchester United, Abdou Diallo of PSG or Japhet Tanganga of Spurs.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
The more good news about Botman surfacing (player agree, getting closer, new progress), the more I believe that he's just a smokescreen

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Why? We planned for this season by agreeing with Maignan around March. Adli and Pobega doing great on loan and coming back strong.

So should we just not plan ahead and always sit at the table in June and start asking what to do?

If we can’t get Botman now why not at least get him for next summer, if he’s exactly who the scouts think will work best with Tomori? Why focus so blindly at the short term that we lose focus on what matters, which is the long term growth of the team?

We’re in second place and we can keep getting better. We do this by meticulous planning and consistent growth. The Adli/Pobega loans, getting Maignan sorted, potentially getting Botman… these are all moves that anticipate potential problems and solved them ahead of time.

“Fine as we are” is exactly the opposite of this logic, it would be ‘look we’re 2nd with an injury crisis, so we shouldn’t look to spend for next year from now, since we are good enough as it is’.

We learned from the Piatek and Paqueta fiascos that you can’t buy a short term boost. It’s not guaranteed. If Botman is the right fit and we can get him now, great! If not, what’s the fault in getting him for the summer and getting someone on loan?

I really don’t understand your point.
This is not just about planning ahead.
Our long term moves have been really great.
But we need to improve in our short term moves.
We are within touching distance from the scudetto, which will also repay some of our short term moves.

Inter hasn't had any meaningful slip up yet, by the laws of averages, they should. It would be heartbreaking not to be in a position to capitalize.

It's January 21. We don't have our RW or CF and I don't trust Kalulu yet as a starting CB. Why should these relatively small and fixable issues prevent us from an actual trophy?

Ppl are excited for Adil next year and so am I. But this is a far less sure shot at anything than reinforcing and giving it a good effort right now.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
If Bennie can consistently produce Athletico monstrous performance, our midfield duo of TonaBenna would be unplayable, because both is tireless runner who possesses godlike skill in both defensive and offensive phase

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
No one is going to give me a Mino update?

I’ve got the balloons all ready :mad:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Yeah but it's become the norm.

Dembele as well, what an embarrassing man child he turned out to be.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Can FIFA end all of this shit (bosman+greedy agents/player) once and for all?
A player should be able to choose where they want to go and negotiate for whatever they can - imho the issue is with the players allowing much of their potential earnings to go toward the agents.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is not just about planning ahead.
Our long term moves have been really great.
But we need to improve in our short term moves.
We are within touching distance from the scudetto, which will also repay some of our short term moves.

Inter hasn't had any meaningful slip up yet, by the laws of averages, they should. It would be heartbreaking not to be in a position to capitalize.

It's January 21. We don't have our RW or CF and I don't trust Kalulu yet as a starting CB. Why should these relatively small and fixable issues prevent us from an actual trophy?

Ppl are excited for Adil next year and so am I. But this is a far less sure shot at anything than reinforcing and giving it a good effort right now.
We don't have a CF or a RW now? Alexis and Messias are fine for the rest of this year. Ibra and Giroud have been scoring. Rebic returning will help a lot.

A CAM, even as an alternative to Brahim, is the bigger gap and something to have, and another RW should he sought after in the summer.

I just don't see how grabbing someone now, "for a extra few million" is some sort of guarantee. If we buy Faivre and he sucks, or gets hurt, or is a headache, we have now overextended and will take a bigger loss. Piatek and Paqueta (whose failure confuses me to this day) were those sorts of purchases.

Steady and methodical planning is how we're going to return to being the superpower we are, not hasty acquisitions.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

As I said a couple of days ago when people accused us of not being a top club because we can't renew our most valuable players: Truth is renewing has become an issue for almost all clubs, top clubs included, can you imagine this 5 years ago?

I hope Infantino does finally something useful and pushes his agenda of putting a severe cap on agents commissions. They have just too much control nowadays (Dembele: I play football, my agent does the rest. Or Donna: I do what my agent tells me to do).

IMO commissions should be something payed by players, not by clubs. Agents are the employees of the players, why should clubs pay the agent for being an asshole and negotiating an even higher wage for the player? Like if I hired someone to negotiate better wages for me with my boss, playing hardball, and then on top of that, when he squeezed the max out for my new contract, my boss must be the one paying the commission for that. How does that make sense?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Milan are able to lock up Botman now for the summer & still go after Bremer I think they are switching to a back 3 next season.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bordeaux's captain is injured and they made Adli captain in his absence. Looks like we got another leader and man of character on our hands.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Guys, my best guess as to the Mino situation is that he’s got Ibra’s shin guard stuck so far up his ass...if they remove it, he may bleed out.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As I said a couple of days ago when people accused us of not being a top club because we can't renew our most valuable players: Truth is renewing has become an issue for almost all clubs, top clubs included, can you imagine this 5 years ago?

I hope Infantino does finally something useful and pushes his agenda of putting a severe cap on agents commissions. They have just too much control nowadays (Dembele: I play football, my agent does the rest. Or Donna: I do what my agent tells me to do).

IMO commissions should be something payed by players, not by clubs. Agents are the employees of the players, why should clubs pay the agent for being an asshole and negotiating an even higher wage for the player? Like if I hired someone to negotiate better wages for me with my boss, playing hardball, and then on top of that, when he squeezed the max out for my new contract, my boss must be the one paying the commission for that. How does that make sense?
Clubs need to be smarter. Extend in advance or sell
What was the point to wait for dollar and kessie? Should've sold them 2 years before expiration and replaced with players who want to play here

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We don't have a CF or a RW now? Alexis and Messias are fine for the rest of this year. Ibra and Giroud have been scoring. Rebic returning will help a lot.

A CAM, even as an alternative to Brahim, is the bigger gap and something to have, and another RW should he sought after in the summer.

I just don't see how grabbing someone now, "for a extra few million" is some sort of guarantee. If we buy Faivre and he sucks, or gets hurt, or is a headache, we have now overextended and will take a bigger loss. Piatek and Paqueta (whose failure confuses me to this day) were those sorts of purchases.

Steady and methodical planning is how we're going to return to being the superpower we are, not hasty acquisitions.
What if Adli flops? What if Botman flops?
Why does a purchase now have to be a "hasty acquisition" and not just an acceleration of a player we believe in and were planning to bring in the summer?

It doesnt have to be either or

Fully agree - I admit I thought we were being way too cautious in trying to lock up some of our players but the Gigio (Maldini going to him after the final match and then their attempt to restart negotiations after we moved on) and now Kessie (his statement and still no resolution and Maldini admitting the length of negotiation) situations have cemented it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule