The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have the second best offense in the league.
You have no idea how much times I spamed the WhatsApp group with this info when they are back moaning for the bazillionth time how predictable and average our attacking players are…

This squad isn‘t perfect, but heck is it painfully obvious how the root of our troubled season (still sitting 2nd, so…) is somewhere completely else than getting a League 1 talent rather now or later…

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Interesting. Pitch looked awful for some of the games. I hope it doesn’t turn into a potato field with back to back days

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
TMW - Milan, offer for Lazetiz: 5 million for the Red Star

Milan moves immediately after the farewell to Pellegri, who will not be redeemed and will be shot at Turin directly by Monaco: the 2004 class of the Red Star Marko Lazetic is a concrete goal for the Rossoneri, who have offered five million for having it immediately. Curiously, the grenades had followed the player for a long time in recent months, and then evidently diverted their attention to the young former Genoa striker.

We haven’t had a proper balkans star in a while. Need to snap them up early to beat EPL vultures

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
#Neighbour?!

This league is the fucking pinnacle of incompetence. Four times a year they have to completely replace the San Siro pitch because there's no sun and too many games. And now these cunts manage to arrange two games within 24 hrs. It will look like one of the potato fields from the Lazetic compilations.

Nothing short of grass steroids and black magic can turn that field into something acceptable tomorrow.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
The pitch already looks like crap in the Inter game. Tomorrow, especially in the second half, it will be unplayable

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Interesting. Pitch looked awful for some of the games. I hope it doesn’t turn into a potato field with back to back days

Since the construction of the third ring and the roof San Siro in 1990 grass has always been one of the worst pitches in Europe. It suffers a lot from the reduced airflow that came with those constructions (read so but I’m no expert). In recent years they tried to fix the problem with grass being partially synthetic but it‘s more than obvious that the pitch is not worthy of a big club.

Most recently even Klopp said “beautyfull stadium that doesn‘t deserve a pitch like that.“

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was watching Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher talk about team of the year, and they're at some low level EPL club and their grass looks pristine and heavenly.

San Siro's pitch looks like a Sunday league field.

I know why, you have two teams playing on it, etc etc. But still, it's a joke, especially when they cannot seem to schedule things in a way that limits the damage.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Why are they allowing us and Inter to play on the same pitch one day apart?
The guy in charge of the schedule messed up

ak4t3.gif

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I came here to praise Venezia and it's already 1-1 :(

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
how do you know what he is? most of us here have only seen a 3 minute YouTube video of him lol

I'd rather trust the scouting team which has proven to be able to find gems

I'm happy with this because I wanted a young striker with a similar style/frame to Ibra who can spend some time under Ibra and develop
These type of posts annoy me to my core :rolleyes:
It can be used to justify any shit.
Sure we did get a lot of great young players....but we got some shit ones too.
Please try to be more analytical than "I trust management"
I'd prefer you talk about his pace, strength, technique etc
You have no idea how much times I spamed the WhatsApp group with this info when they are back moaning for the bazillionth time how predictable and average our attacking players are…

This squad isn‘t perfect, but heck is it painfully obvious how the root of our troubled season (still sitting 2nd, so…) is somewhere completely else than getting a League 1 talent rather now or later…
WhatsApp Group? Y'all got a group? :eek:
No 1 rule of fight club is that no one talks about fight club bitch
Renato is crazy player
I would stop bitching for 4 hours straight if we got him :o

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Why the fuck wasn't that goal cancelled out by VAR? Isn't that exact situation part of the rules? :lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some Inter player (Skriniar?) gave someone a nasty elbow before the goal but VAR let it go after a check.
All teams get treated the same, Milan fans are delusional to think that Inter aren't given insane ref help.

Modolo's eye is swollen like a boxer after a fight. But nope. Keep the goal.

No foul. Milan fans are just crazy.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Venezia player has a black eye from the elbow :lol: VAR said its ok
It’s only us who needs to lead by theee goals against every opponent in case the referee makes mistakes. Inter on the other hand can chill perfectly knowing they will be helped by the refs if needed 😔

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We are starting the negotiations for our next shirt deal. We clearly will be expecting an improved bid from Puma, who are underpaying us.

Reports are that we are happy with Puma, and apparently we have set merchandise records with them, so we expect a big boost.

New Balance pays Roma 4m a year, so when MilanNews hints at American interest its clearly Nike, who might stop sponsoring Inter in 2024, with reports they might end the kit deal this year.

Puma has really stepped up their growth, so I imagine we should sign a much better kit deal, as its clear we have been a big part of that surge by Puma.

Nike is losing its foothold in Italy though, the next Serie A matchball will be made by Puma, so either Puma wants to keep one of its crown jewels, especially as it seems they might be losing the Italy kit deal.

We sell more merchandise than Man City it seems, as we have had more limited edition capsule collections than they have. Prior to their Puma deal, Nike was paying Man City less than Puma pays us now.

In short, our next kit deal will be worth a lot more than our current one.
What can we expect in new deal?

Iirc they re paying city 70M. What a joke.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Some Inter player (Skriniar?) gave someone a nasty elbow before the goal but VAR let it go after a check.
If it were us, goal will be ruled out due to foul in build up and red card every time :( must be nice to be favored.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What can we expect in new deal?

Iirc they re paying city 70M. What a joke.
They're paying City for all of their teams, but like 90% goes to City, so they make the same as Arsenal or Chelsea, in that ballpark. They're far behind Man Utd, though.

Our deal with Puma ends in 2023, so the renegotiation is starting now.

I don't know if talk of Nike is to drive up the price of the deal, but I would imagine the interest from Nike is genuine. Puma is really making huge growth in football, their recent football boots have been really great and they charge 50-75 dollars less for their top end products, and their takedown boots have the quality of top tier boots at the 120ish price point, where most of your sales volume comes from. They've been killing it.

Adidas with their Speedflows are also gobbling up marketshare from Nike, and with Nike and Inter having a bit of a fight over who controls the merchandising rights (Inter took over from Nike after a fight) and they also are paid 9-10m from Nike only, reports are that they are headed for a divorce. Adidas wants to take Inter apparently, which might indicate Adidas is moving away from their one club per league policy, as they did with Arsenal and Man Utd, because whoever put that idea forward probably got fired lol.

The point is, Puma have a strong incentive to keep us happy as we have been critical in their growth the last few years. If you look at top selling jerseys in the US, I was unsurprised to see Salah, but then it was Ibra, then Lewa, then Van Dijk.

I would like to see Nike get a crack at Milan, even though I miss Adidas. Puma has been pretty meh for me, I have bought a few things, but the last two home kits have been weird, but ultimately, if someone gives us 50m, which is what Juve gets, then I'll be happy.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
The pitch already looks like crap in the Inter game. Tomorrow, especially in the second half, it will be unplayable

Shit league that can't even organize a postponed match properly.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is Venezia's B team apparently. Lol.

Inter will win, but their goal was a joke.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
They're paying City for all of their teams, but like 90% goes to City, so they make the same as Arsenal or Chelsea, in that ballpark. They're far behind Man Utd, though.

Our deal with Puma ends in 2023, so the renegotiation is starting now.

I don't know if talk of Nike is to drive up the price of the deal, but I would imagine the interest from Nike is genuine. Puma is really making huge growth in football, their recent football boots have been really great and they charge 50-75 dollars less for their top end products, and their takedown boots have the quality of top tier boots at the 120ish price point, where most of your sales volume comes from. They've been killing it.

Adidas with their Speedflows are also gobbling up marketshare from Nike, and with Nike and Inter having a bit of a fight over who controls the merchandising rights (Inter took over from Nike after a fight) and they also are paid 9-10m from Nike only, reports are that they are headed for a divorce. Adidas wants to take Inter apparently, which might indicate Adidas is moving away from their one club per league policy, as they did with Arsenal and Man Utd, because whoever put that idea forward probably got fired lol.

The point is, Puma have a strong incentive to keep us happy as we have been critical in their growth the last few years. If you look at top selling jerseys in the US, I was unsurprised to see Salah, but then it was Ibra, then Lewa, then Van Dijk.

I would like to see Nike get a crack at Milan, even though I miss Adidas. Puma has been pretty meh for me, I have bought a few things, but the last two home kits have been weird, but ultimately, if someone gives us 50m, which is what Juve gets, then I'll be happy.
Thanks for info. Appreciate it.

I hope its not less than 30,35M whoever it is. Hoping Ivan does his magic.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
What I like seeing is that when things don't go as rumored maldini has plan b immediately. pellegri loan a no go? Ok lazetic in ezpz

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe this is a stupid question, but: If Inter had 8 players out with COVID, would this game have been played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule