The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But doesn’t Leao always run out of gas-should a guy with his physique not be able to play more mins than he does?
That is a question our training staff needs to answer. I don't think Leao should be running out of gas, other top wingers don't.

Rebic as a striker wouldn't have worked well, not in this game. Giroud should have scored, I think the tactical choices by Pioli were correct. I think we missed Kessie, and not having Kjaer and Tomori, of course, is going to make us more cautious.

Bennacer had a strong game though.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Leao ran out of gas, and this was an ugly match, where having a bruising striker was important. Giroud should have scored today, he really should have.

I want a RW and striker in the summer.

This Serbian kid becoming a star would be nice.
NOW. We need RW NOW. Giroud can be his usual n00b self, he'll score eventually but having everything come from the left is extremely predictable.

Leao got burnt out because he had a MINIMUM of three players to beat all the time. Theo's attacks could have done damage if there was some more competence out right when he switched the play.

I agree with the ppl saying that Rebic should have started. Messias, Florenzi and Saelemakers are basically all the same level....good enough for depth but they aren't going to be the answer in big games like this one.

Hate to say it but :max: got the better of Pioli here

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol..folks still believe in Scudetto considering the forward options we have? Bar Leao, none of them are in form or are just plain shit.

Not surprising when you try to get by by spending fuck all in that department. As long as we qualify for CL, it will be a success.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
To be fair we played against a 100m+ attack today, and while the game was pretty dead we still were a bit more dangerous.

Edit: Also since when is an Allegri team supposedly easy to beat, he is an at least very good to near world class coach and world class in organizing the defense.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That is a question our training staff needs to answer. I don't think Leao should be running out of gas, other top wingers don't.

Rebic as a striker wouldn't have worked well, not in this game. Giroud should have scored, I think the tactical choices by Pioli were correct. I think we missed Kessie, and not having Kjaer and Tomori, of course, is going to make us more cautious.

Bennacer had a strong game though.
He did play well, I just sometimes wish Pioli was a bit more of a bastard I dunno he just seems a bit too nice for me to win trophies

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just think we aren’t ruthless enough and not determined enough, sometimes I wanna see men possessed biter and angry and it never seems to happen
I think you are being unfair to this team. I think they fight. This was a tough, ugly match. They have shown heart in so many games, against Verona, against Bologna, against Atalanta, against Atletico, they have shown strength in so many games.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
On the positive side Kalulu had a really good game.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri came to park the bus and for the draw, makes it even more annoying. The great Juve came for a draw-great for them-useless for us

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you are being unfair to this team. I think they fight. This was a tough, ugly match. They have shown heart in so many games, against Verona, against Bologna, against Atalanta, against Atletico, they have shown strength in so many games.
Maybe I just genuinely expected a convincing win tonight and I was disappointed

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lol..folks still believe in Scudetto considering the forward options we have? Bar Leao, none of them are in form or are just plain shit.

Not surprising when you try to get by by spending fuck all in that department.
Lotsa people saying RW is a problem. Yes, worldwide, but our forwards are:
40 yo guy
36 yo guy
18 yo kid...ok, now also guy.
None have been in good form since a year.
I hope we get a forward, not a striker. I would splurge on Darwin Nunez. Fast, strong, intelligent, strong willed forward. Young AND proven.

If BVB sells Haaland hes their pick, but maybe Rui would accept 40m and loan till 2023? We can get by with Origi till then. But in 2023 we are hitting big boys club or selling this project.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lotsa people saying RW is a problem. Yes, worldwide, but our forwards are:
40 yo guy
36 yo guy
18 yo kid...ok, now also guy.
None have been in good form since a year.
I hope we get a forward, not a striker. I would splurge on Darwin Nunez. Fast, strong, intelligent, strong willed forward. Young AND proven.

If BVB sells Haaland hes their pick, but maybe Rui would accept 40m and loan till 2023? We can get by with Origi till then. But in 2023 we are hitting big boys club or selling this proj
Repeating myself here but football has changed-we’ve got 2 statue strikers. Isn’t the 90s anymore unfortunately

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I just think we aren’t ruthless enough and not determined enough, sometimes I wanna see men possessed biter and angry and it never seems to happen
You cant turn shit into gold.

Diaz showed nothing last season pointed to him being a viable starter.

Giroud has been nothing but a backup in his last few seasons in really good teams.

Saelemakers is painfully average. Sure, he wasnt uber shit like everyone expected him to be, but his ceiling is obvious

Messias had one decent season in top flight in his entire career.

Ibra's age was showing last season when he missed half of it. Somehow the management was still confident to go into the season with him as the starting striker.

The rest (Maldini, Samu, Pellegri) are absolute LOLworthy.

I consider the fact that we managed to score as many goals that we did a still a success. But its getting more and more obvious now how dependant we are on the few players in attack that can still do something.

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
Rebic was brought on a later than when it should have been. He couldn't quite get going. Leao was crowded from the first whistle. Still we had more than enough chances to score. Our forwards are not doing their job simply put. Motherfuckers prefer to pass over shooting. Ladri are happy with the point and I don't blame them. Boring cunts

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You cant turn shit into gold.

Diaz showed nothing last season pointed to him being a viable starter.

Giroud has been nothing but a backup in his last few seasons in really good teams.

Saelemakers is painfully average. Sure, he wasnt uber shit like everyone expected him to be, but his ceiling is obvious

Messias had one decent season in top flight in his entire career.

Ibra's age was showing last season when he missed half of it. Somehow the management was still confident to go into the season with him as the starting striker.

The rest (Maldini, Samu, Pellegri) are absolute LOLworthy.

I consider the fact that we managed to score as many goals that we did a still a success. But its getting more and more obvious now how dependant we are on the few players in attack that can still do something.

Yeah I think we are a top 4 team and management are contented but I wanted to see us seriously challenge for the title

Staamdorf

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
When you are the main attacking threat and your method is dribbling / running at players and you also have to get back and cover you may be gassed

The other wing gets subbed just as much and they attack far less.
Maybe thats the issue

Leao and Giroud up front. Saladmaker more of a midfielder?

This has been my secret thought for months now. Especially when we are linked with Renato and had so many games where Leao is gassed (any everybody is saying its not his attitude)

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
NOW. We need RW NOW. Giroud can be his usual n00b self, he'll score eventually but having everything come from the left is extremely predictable.

Leao got burnt out because he had a MINIMUM of three players to beat all the time. Theo's attacks could have done damage if there was some more competence out right when he switched the play.

I agree with the ppl saying that Rebic should have started. Messias, Florenzi and Saelemakers are basically all the same level....good enough for depth but they aren't going to be the answer in big games like this one.

Hate to say it but :max: got the better of Pioli here
I want Giroud to work out, and in small games, he's been a great resource, but today... today was a bad day for Giroud. He got a perfect cross from Alexis today, that he really should have put away.

Messias had a bad game, but I don't think RW was the problem.

Leao gets burnt either because he doesn't train himself enough, because I've watched Salah, Sane, Gnabry, Sane, do what Leao does for 90 minutes. So it's either on him, or it's on the training staff. Theo has the stamina, and he covers far more distance than Leao does. Salah does more work than Leao does, and he doesn't run out of gas like him. If Leao wants to be elite, he has to improve his stamina.

I don't think Florenzi is on the level of Messias, he's been consistent as a RB, and he's been super important. If Messias' goal stood against Spezia, I think we'd be singing a different tune.

Allegri got a point, but he was lucky to do so. For all the "SHOTS ON TARGET" crowd, Juve did not have one. We were the better team.

Giroud really, really should have scored today.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter’s fitness is miles and miles and miles ahead of ours. It’s the reason they won the Scudetto last season, and it’s the reason they are overwhelming favorites to do so this season.

Looks like our season comes down to next weekend. Win and we have a chance, anything else and we are in a fucking dog fight for fourth
They looked really tired against Empoli tho.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I genuinely think the management are a bit scared to say to Ibra listen thanks for everything you’ve done as a player but maybe it’s time to think about retirement-it’s as if they are leaving it up to him-of course he wants to keep playing-so did Totti. Sometimes these guys need someone to tell them straight. He wants to continue like James Brown I think

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
To the microphones of Milan TV, Pierre Kalulu released these words after the draw against Juventus:

On the zero goals conceded: "Yes, it's a positive figure for everyone, not just for us defenders. We did well, we have to continue like this."

On the derby: "It's an important match for us and for the fans. Compared to today we have to do better forward to bring home the three points."

On the role of central: "If you play with continuity, it is easier to play well. I also got along well with Romagnoli. I feel at ease as a central."

:star:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Yeah I think we are a top 4 team and management are contented but I wanted to see us seriously challenge for the title
No no no bro you got it all wrong.
We'll start challenging for the title in 2024
Who wants to win the scudetto now? Are you silly? That would cost money :lol:
#TrustThePlan :)

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Problem is money. Everyone in the world knows Milan need a top replacement for Zlatan and Giroud, and unfortunately top strikers cost way more than what we paid for guys like Leao for example..

Play Rebic there till we figure something out

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I will blame the pitch when players are actually trying stuff and it isnt coming off - when you get in the box and are looking backwards everytime then the pitch is the least of the problems.

Leao, Theo, Tonali and Calabria were progressive - even Romagnoli came forward.
RW and the strikers looked like they were playing keepy uppy before practice.
Yeah as I said, some very annoying decision making in the final third.

I was more talking about the technical errors on both sides I blame more on the pitch than on the players because it was simply unplayable. It already looked brown and bad in the wide shot but when you saw the close ups from replays you could clearly see how awful the pitch looked. Definitely didn't contribute to the quality of the game.

But yes some very annoying decisions taken through the game. Definitely need to be revisited before the derby.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Pioli: Lazetic? When and if he arrives, I will try to understand what player he is. If the club has intervened this way, it means that he is a young man of great prospect"

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I kinda think Pioli is probably intimidated a lot by Ibra and dropping him. Ibra not in the team-much more dynamic and quicker. U take Ibra out the team-much more headless chicken running about without an on field manager. Maybe it’s catch 22 with slowing our play up as a better option?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To the microphones of Milan TV, Pierre Kalulu released these words after the draw against Juventus:

On the zero goals conceded: "Yes, it's a positive figure for everyone, not just for us defenders. We did well, we have to continue like this."

On the derby: "It's an important match for us and for the fans. Compared to today we have to do better forward to bring home the three points."

On the role of central: "If you play with continuity, it is easier to play well. I also got along well with Romagnoli. I feel at ease as a central."

:star:
Yeah shout-out to Kalulu. Another convincing game played calmly and composed. He really makes you forget how young and inexperienced he actually is. We are by far not shocked enough how well and solid he's playing.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I kinda think Pioli is probably intimidated a lot by Ibra and dropping him. Ibra not in the team-much more dynamic and quicker. U take Ibra out the team-much more headless chicken running about without an on field manager. Maybe it’s catch 22 with slowing our play up as a better option?
You've watched Giroud, right? Who would you start between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule