The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao doesn't run = lazy pos :mad:

Leao runs his ass into the ground = Y u no fitness? :mad:

It's almost like.....hear me out here this a classic dru conspiracy theory.... It's almost like he's a young player trying to figure his shit out :eek:
Cry

WiLDinho

Beginner
Reaction score
What is that something. You the one who is saying there is something missing?

He’s the best attacking outlet for our team and gets double teamed and still has some decent moments. Yet here we are, lambasting him. What if he’s just not as good as Mbappe or Vini, what if he’s potential is short of that. Is that not okay. What if he’s an amazing talent but never reaches their ‘level’.

Leao has had a great season, has worked harder on the pitch, has got praise from Pioli and Ibra (Ibra mentioned him in he’s book) who previously criticized he’s workrate and is easily one of our best attackers, yet posters are criticizing him, for what exactly? What is it you want him to do more that he hasn’t done. You want him to get Messi and Ronaldo numbers or Mbappe numbers (knowing this isn’t the French league).

I’m not about conspiracies but there’s a clear agenda, that Leao will never satisfy some posters.
Yeah , an agenda is probably the answer.
Not the fact that Leao doesnt have legs for 90 minutes.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The sooner Mugabe and Ngoli fuck off, the sooner we get Official Capatiano Davide and Official Vice-Capitano Theo.

You know, actual Milanista that care for the club.
Roma seems to be one of the players that really care for the club, that's very unfair on him. He is also playing a lot better this season overall.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These dropped points against Ladri + Spezia and Sassuolo will hurt a lot in the end. A total of 10 points dropped.

WiLDinho

Beginner
Reaction score
Roma seems to be one of the players that really care for the club, that's very unfair on him. He is also playing a lot better this season overall.
Yeah but his performance doest justify his salary nor the captsincy.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For me its hard to be too critical of Leao

He's entrusted with essentially the most difficult task on the team and seeing as no other player in attack is capable of driving the ball/beating their man its amplified

Hopefully Pioli uses his brain Rebic starts instead of Giroud going forward and Leao gets some relief

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but his performance doest justify his salary nor the captsincy.
Salary no but that was fucked up a long time ago. He seems to be well respected as a captain though. Also you are captain 24/7, we don't know what he organizes, mediates with management, how he cares for other players etc. but no player has ever complained about that.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For me its hard to be too critical of Leao

He's entrusted with essentially the most difficult task on the team and seeing as no other player in attack is capable of driving the ball/beating their man its amplified

Hopefully Pioli uses his brain Rebic starts instead of Giroud going forward and Leao gets some relief
Yeah, its crazy to attack our best attacking player.

He is lazy but he delivers.

Problem is rest of the attack is a joke.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well that’s not what you said in your post above, is it now. If that’s the only thing you can be critical of I find that’s a good sign. Some players just have naturally good stamina, I wouldn’t call nainggolan or Vidal the bastion of keeping healthy, yet they both can run 90+ minutes and then some, while still covering the most ground of any player on the pitch. Messi has some low stamina but knows how to manage he’s game for 90 minutes.

So which is it you applying Leao is? Is it he doesn’t work hard enough, that’s why he can’t last 90 or that he doesn’t have the game management.

Mbappe has barely any defensive duties, so he is able to game manage easier, I’m not sure about Vini don’t watch him enough. Our team encourages our singers to track back, which Leao did throughout the game, and then expecting him to also run at player consistently. Messi doesn’t have workrate, never has, he game manages. Has been for while, even before he reached old age.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
These dropped points against Ladri + Spezia and Sassuolo will hurt a lot in the end. A total of 10 points dropped.
it pains me to say it but derby will dictate the goal of the season

win and still in the hunt for the scudetto

lose and in the trenches for top 4

either goal should be easier with no CL matches at least

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it pains me to say it but derby will dictate the goal of the season

win and still in the hunt for the scudetto

lose and in the trenches for top 4

either goal should be easier with no CL matches at least
As per today the things don't look very nice for us, but it can change pretty quickly.
If we win the derby and against Sampdoria and then Napoli win against merda at home the situation would be very different. Even a draw between them would not be a bad result for us. If Napoli win:

Milan 55 points
Napoli 55 points
Merda 53 points *1 game in hand

If Napoli and merda draw:
Milan 55 points
Merda 54 points *1 game in hand
Napoli 53 points

And then these teams have:
Milan - Salernitana away, Udinese, Napoli away, Empoli, Cagliari away, Bologna
Merda - Sassuolo, Genoa away, Salernitana, Torino away, Fiorentina, Ladri away and 2 games against Liverpool between them.
Napoli - Cagliari away, Lazio away, Milan, Verona away, Udinese, Atalanta away and 2 games against Barcelona between them.

Our schedule is way easier in this period. The question is whether we can walk into it after wins against merda and Sampdoria and then grab 16-18 points from these 6 games listed above.

If (and that's a big if) we win the derby, the whole season can change in just 6-7 games. It's very possible to be leading the table after the 30th round is finished if we man up and start delivering good results.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is an interesting transfer at minimum. 5m + resale% is a lot for such a young player... clearly the analysts see something there.
We literally made our move on his birthday. As soon as he was allowed to sign a professional contract (18 years) we made our move and secured him. Says a lot if you ask me...

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we win the scudetto good, if not not. Most important thing is CL money.
People saying we lost 2 points versus Juve ... I don't know, didn't look like we were trying to win at all costs. Juve were even more content with the draw but we were also very eager to not loose it.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What is that something. You the one who is saying there is something missing?

He’s the best attacking outlet for our team and gets double teamed and still has some decent moments. Yet here we are, lambasting him. What if he’s just not as good as Mbappe or Vini, what if he’s potential is short of that. Is that not okay. What if he’s an amazing talent but never reaches their ‘level’.
That's perfectly fine and something I've said long time ago. My problem is that people claim he's on Mbappe/Vini level or even higher AND treat him according to that, meaning that he's untouchable.

I think he won't reach that level, but I'm still fine keeping him in the team, but ONLY if he consistently improves his workrate.... and NO it's not because I favor Rebic. I think we'll have to Ante go when he reaches 30, unless he converts to CF or smth... his style relies a lot on physicality and aggressiveness, which I don't see him keeping up with for too long, due to age. So, we'll need to find someone else to be the main actor and at that point we will have much higher goals that today.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We literally made our move on his birthday. As soon as he was allowed to sign a professional contract (18 years) we made our move and secured him. Says a lot if you ask me...
What a fucking birthday present!

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Leao needs to learn how to play through the center. He will be unstoppable. He reminds of Henry minus the finishing. He will make it in a team of champions - I think he needs to leave Milan to feel adequately challenged. Sell for $60M.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao needs to learn how to play through the center. He will be unstoppable. He reminds of Henry minus the finishing. He will make it in a team of champions - I think he needs to leave Milan to feel adequately challenged. Sell for $60M.

Need to leave milan..dafuq you on about?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Well that’s not what you said in your post above, is it now. If that’s the only thing you can be critical of I find that’s a good sign. Some players just have naturally good stamina, I wouldn’t call nainggolan or Vidal the bastion of keeping healthy, yet they both can run 90+ minutes and then some, while still covering the most ground of any player on the pitch. Messi has some low stamina but knows how to manage he’s game for 90 minutes.

So which is it you applying Leao is? Is it he doesn’t work hard enough, that’s why he can’t last 90 or that he doesn’t have the game management.

Mbappe has barely any defensive duties, so he is able to game manage easier, I’m not sure about Vini don’t watch him enough. Our team encourages our singers to track back, which Leao did throughout the game, and then expecting him to also run at player consistently. Messi doesn’t have workrate, never has, he game manages. Has been for while, even before he reached old age.
Well thats exactly what i said.
And i mentioned Mbappe & Vini to counter those who mentioned how Leao is better than both.
Those are people who overrate him shitting on people underrating him.
Leao is indeed as talented as Mbappe & probably more than Vini.
But talent alone isnt enough & the player need to put on some serious hard work to reach places.
There are more highly talented players that fail because or attitude issues than the ones who make it.
Leao progressed immensely last season but his stamina is still holding him back.
Attitude , stamina , tactic , training or isolation due to the fact he is our only threat could all be reasons for him not to last 90min.... but he is burning up quicker than what we want.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Might just be a coincidence. If not, then like you said it means we had him in our sights for a while.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we win the scudetto good, if not not. Most important thing is CL money.
People saying we lost 2 points versus Juve ... I don't know, didn't look like we were trying to win at all costs. Juve were even more content with the draw but we were also very eager to not loose it.
Said this in the match thread. Juve needed the three points more than us. If they don't make CL it's a disaster. If we don't win the title it's a shame. Big difference.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Might just be a coincidence. If not, then like you said it means we had him in our sights for a while.
Well better on him than Pellegri.
Mostly Maldini hit gold with those under the radar players.
Am excited.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
At this point I’d rather play Ibra as a CAM and Rebic as the striker. Ibra is a better playmaker than Diaz and we’re wasting the space upfront by having slow ass strikers like Giroud and Ibra. We need more movement upfront. Leao and Rebic needs to start.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
At this point I’d rather play Ibra as a CAM and Rebic as the striker. Ibra is a better playmaker than Diaz and we’re wasting the space upfront by having slow ass strikers like Giroud and Ibra. We need more movement upfront. Leao and Rebic needs to start.
Yeah , Pioli needs to think of ways to play Rebic & Leao.
Also he needs to find a way not to start Sale & Diaz.
What you say might actually work or even trying Rebic on the right & Messias AM.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem if you play Ibra, Rebic and Leao is that one of them has to commit to defensive work a lot, if you look at how we shape up in-match or also on the picture posted above we have our LW daring as a SS half of the time. A higher number of attacking players doesn't necessarily mean that we can play more attacking. Imo despite deserved criticism this is something where Messias helps a lot because he actually is pretty committed defensively while still dangerous if he gets into positions.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

those cunts are going to get him on some shady deal aren't they? god i hate this fucking club

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
You need movement upfront, it means the AM need to be mobile as well, how is ibra gonna do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.